PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 pa's and future

Alisha
Mar 17, 2013, 09:15 PM
does anyone think moving forward pa caps should be placed on the main class? like only techer can use zan/grants/megid/shifta/deband/resta at lvs higher than 15?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 17, 2013, 09:19 PM
should and will are two different questions.

Coatl
Mar 17, 2013, 09:33 PM
No? That'd be super stupid.

UnLucky
Mar 17, 2013, 09:39 PM
You mean a Fi/Hu will have a weaker sword and weaker sword PAs?

...why?

Xaeris
Mar 17, 2013, 09:39 PM
Nope. We're hamstrung from using our subclasses' photon arts badly enough by the fact that most universal weapons are kinda bad and most of the ones that aren't are rarer than pictures of bigfoot riding a unicorn. No need to compound the problem.

Alisha
Mar 17, 2013, 09:40 PM
No? That'd be super stupid.
and why would it be stupid? you want to continue the current situation where force is the jack of all magical trades and master of them too? that is what is stupid.

Xaeris
Mar 17, 2013, 09:43 PM
While it is dumb that Force is better than Techer at just about anything related to techniques that we actually care about, this wouldn't be a good solution to that problem. A much better solution would be fixing Techer's problems.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 17, 2013, 09:44 PM
unless shifta 16 goes from 19.4 to 35, it still wouldn't be worth it.

UnLucky
Mar 17, 2013, 09:45 PM
Ok, so gimp the most useful technics when playing as Techer, and gimp the least usable elements as Force.

That will totally solve all the issues of Force vs Techer mains, yes.

Let's give Forces less reason to use Zan, (Gi/Ra)Grants, and (Sa)Megid. Then they'll all switch over to Techer, right?

And then have weaker (Ra/Gi/Sa)Foie and (Gi/Sa)Zonde(el). GREAT IDEA I LIKE THIS A LOT

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 17, 2013, 09:51 PM
see I figured we were talking about support techs. man if force got better shifta than techer?

yeah lets do this

Alisha
Mar 17, 2013, 10:00 PM
you know topics like this make me wonder if you all would of played fonewms and fomars and called fomarl and fonewearl gimp. and any hu thats not hucast is also gimp. anything other than racast? pfft garbage. i also didnt realize this community was so against specialization i guess im a black sheep here in that reguard.

Xaeris
Mar 17, 2013, 10:09 PM
We're not against specialization. We're against bad specialization. Like Unlucky said, if this were implemented, Techers would get access to higher levels of -Zan, -Megid and Grants while Forces would get -Foie and -Zonde. Who gets the better end of this deal, really?

holmwood
Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 PM
does anyone think moving forward pa caps should be placed on the main class? like only techer can use zan/grants/megid/shifta/deband/resta at lvs higher than 15?

I think it'd be better if techers get wand exclusive techs instead. :X

UnLucky
Mar 17, 2013, 10:18 PM
Yes, well, seeing as it's coming from Mr. I Hate Everything Good, I can see why you would want to make Techer even less desirable than Force while also taking melee classes down a peg, just so you can make your ultimate weakest class combination to fulfill your twisted desire to punish yourself the entire time you play.

You know what your proposed change wouldn't affect? Gu/Ra's boss killing ability, or Ra/(Hu/Fi)'s mob clearing. All it does is further limit Fi/Hu to Double Sabers, Hu/Fi to Swords, and Fo/(Te/Fi) to Flame/Bolt. There is even less incentive to deviate, because you lose more than you gain.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 17, 2013, 10:48 PM
you know topics like this make me wonder if you all would of played fonewms and fomars and called fomarl and fonewearl gimp. and any hu thats not hucast is also gimp. anything other than racast? pfft garbage. i also didnt realize this community was so against specialization i guess im a black sheep here in that reguard.

Would have?

I logged over 8,000 hours across 10 characters on PSO.

I had 3 Fos, 3 Hus and 4 Ras.

You can't compare the two games though. the PBs are different, stats are different, there is no such thing as hidden talents.

plus you're talking about freaking splitting good from bad even more. Making bad WORSE.

HOW IS THAT A GOOD IDEA?

And you hate everything that isn't gimped. Everyone here as saying the balance shift would make force even better which I would thing would be the thing you'd be against. But no. Ok, lets make force better and techer worse. We want balance, you want to screw the underdog.

But yeah, we're the ones who are off kilter.

Alisha
Mar 18, 2013, 12:47 AM
i want balance too but with techer its tricky because you have people wanting 2 different things from it. you've got people wanting to relive fomarl glory days. and you've got others that want techer to be to force what fighter is to hu.

what i want to go away is the situation where if you have 2 classes one is superior to the other as a main. for example if you want melee and support and have hu and te at 55. there no reason to have Te be the main as opposed to HU. ive also seen people say that Fi/Hu is superior to Hu/Fi because you can just use lamda weapons.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 18, 2013, 01:04 AM
they say it's preferred for balance. there are fewer weapons available for Hu/Fi - that's all. Not the same thing as saying Fi/Hu is better cause there are no good weapons on the Hu side. AT ALL

Techer doesn't have to be DPS if the game allowed for better support and made it something you could only do as a techer main. But techer main = wands. there's no benefit to wands and techer vs fo as a main that's the only difference. In addition techer's skill tree is very flawed making techer main with any sub other than force less productive in every way due to techer's skill set.

Two very different conversations and PAs would only make it worse.

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2013, 01:34 AM
If good all-class knuckles, daggers, and sabers existed, you could go Hu/Fi and not lose out heavily in one direction.

Gimping subclass PAs would mean:

Fi/Hu would have good Fighter and Hunter weapons, but bad Hunter PAs

Hu/Fi would have good Hunter weapons, but bad Fighter weapons and bad Fighter PAs

Fi/Hu would still be the better all-around choice, since it is less limiting. If you want to exclusively be a Fighter, go Fi/Hu. If you want to do a bit of both, go Fi/Hu. If you want to exclusively be a Hunter, then you can go Hu/Fi.

ShinMaruku
Mar 18, 2013, 02:51 AM
I think they should toss the class subclass thing and make you build you character with what skills you will.

Syklo
Mar 18, 2013, 04:51 AM
Eh, if you ask me, I'd like to see more secondary effects in PA's/Tech's

E.g. Quake Howling on a pond creates a much larger shockwave.
And masteries actually and gradually changing the techs themselves.
E.g. Wind mastery slowly grants a homing ability to zan, increases razan's lift altitude, increases Sazan's suction, hitrate of gizan, etc etc.
Light mastery increasing the Aoe of grants, width/range of ragrants, range/hitrate of gigrants.
Ice mastery increasing (gi)barta size, rabarta duration, blablabla
like weapon gears on PA's...you get the idea.
Either that or grant them as the tech levels up.

(And minor environmental things such as foie techs actually burning trees instead of breaking them)