PDA

View Full Version : Lighten Up

Julliz
Mar 18, 2013, 02:06 PM
After reading the "What keeps you playing PSO2" thread, I've realized that half of you people playing are masochists that play something they don't find fun.

...Isn't that what games are for? to kill time and have fun?

Sure, I have my own gripes about the game but I mean, nothing is perfect lol. Lighten up and enjoy the game. If it really pains you to play this game, stop forcing yourself. Stop playing. Play those games you say are better.

All you talking about how it should be this or that... just to TOLERATE the game. lol.

Lighten up and just play. Play for fun.

CelestialBlade
Mar 18, 2013, 03:01 PM
I think for a lot of people it's an overwhelming desire to want something to be better than it is. Many of us have waited a very long time for PSO2, we know it has potential, and for an online game it's very unique...so we stick with it in hopes that it'll one day become what we know and hope it could be. At least, that's how I often feel. As much as I hate how Sega manages it, it's a fun game at its core and I'd only be hurting myself if I uninstalled a rather fun game out of frustration.

Zeota
Mar 18, 2013, 04:06 PM
I think that sums up how a number of folks felt during PSO and PSU during their nascent months. At the core, they were fun games, chock full of good/bad/wtf memories, but then you remember who made them.

gigawuts
Mar 18, 2013, 04:13 PM
Well you've got a great framework, with not enough meat on its bones.

Also, many people have played prior PS games and very much enjoyed them - be it PSO or PSU - and see a lot of what they liked in a past installment in this game. There's good elements from both games. But there's also bad elements from both games, and bad design that's been rectified in the past has been brought back in.

blace
Mar 18, 2013, 04:21 PM
There's room for improvement, then there's Sega. So far, every weapon released is a reskin, recolored clothes, reskinned enemies, and recycled assets from other levels. Let's not forget the large amount of fan service, the past games didn't need as many and were able to be fun without turning into a dress up game. It's fun to customise now and again, but the amount of clothing and recycled assets from past games detracts from what made series shine from other franchises.

Having played since late August, it has been very apparent of how often they recycle what's already there.

Edit: With every release, they had tried to introduce a few new ideas, but with this, they're reusing the concept from PSO with PSU's elements. Aside from introducing the title as a free to play game, what else did they bring in to make it stand out?

The only thing that brings in large numbers of people is the Phantasy Star label, it's not too different from other games of the genre.

MoonAtomizer
Apr 5, 2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h86g-XgUCA8

Typically, people ask "why?" because they're no longer having fun.
People just have issues quitting because of addiction problems, because they're already too invested in the game.

It's not a waste of time or money if you had fun playing the game. But once you feel the game is no longer fun, or the developers don't care about catering to your interests, it's time to move on to better things.