PDA

View Full Version : Why do Japanese people act so entitled?

Poubelle
Mar 18, 2013, 06:39 PM
I was having a chitty chat with my buddy in B-009 and some random Japanese player had the gall to tell us to go an English block.

Well, I gave him a piece of my mind. Why do Japanese people act so entitled?

It's a game. It's not their country, this is the internet. Someone needs to give those Japanese people a reality check. It's just as much our server as it is theirs.

Needless to say I continued my chat, and ignored that troll. How do you guys deal with unruly Japanese players?

Discuss.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
I was having a chitty chat with my buddy in B-009 and some random Japanese player had the gall to tell us to go an English block.

Well, I gave him a piece of my mind. Why do Japanese people act so entitled?

It's a game. It's not their country, this is the internet. Someone needs to give those Japanese people a reality check. It's just as much our server as it is theirs.

Needless to say I continued my chat, and ignored that troll. How do you guys deal with unruly Japanese players?

Discuss.

Pretty sure you're the one breaking ToS and playing on a Japanese server.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 18, 2013, 06:43 PM
Well conversation in the lobby is kinda rude. That's what whisper chat, party chat, and team chat are supposed to eliminate.

Also be aware that we are on their game. We have no rights to be on this server. It even says in the ToS that we shouldn't be here. There will be a couple japanese players who will be snobby about it. As long as you respect the fact that you are on their turf then no problems will occur.

I hardly talk in Nearby chat just because it was never used in PSU JP, even by the Japanese. It's also an unwritten rule I guess.

Z-0
Mar 18, 2013, 06:43 PM
Do you like foreigners talking not-English on your US servers?

Didn't think so. I know quite a few people who complain about it.

Darki
Mar 18, 2013, 06:51 PM

Didn't think so. I know quite a few people who complain about it.

Technically speaking, if you're talking about PS games, the US servers has also been the EU servers, so if anybody gets bothered by people speaking their languages, maybe they'd need to exercise a bit of a thing called tolerance, because I could pretty much say the same about them speaking english.

To be honest, I understand the feeling about us being in their servers, but the language thing is one of the most retarded things I can think about. I speak fluently two languages and can talk a bit of other two. Why would I limit myself to one when I could enjoy talking four?

What if I was japanese and I started speaking in english (considering that they use english for like 20% of their stuff) just because I fucking feel like it?

Also, if the OPs anecdote is true, that person didn't seem too bright to me for an entitled intolerant asshole. If he was such person, he wouldn't tell anybody to go to any english block when he should be believing that we DON'T deserve a block. It makes no sense.

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2013, 06:58 PM

Didn't think so. I know quite a few people who complain about it.It personally doesn't bother me. But honestly I think Poubelle is over reacting. If someone came up to me and asked me to go to an english block instead of... I dunno reporting me, or insulting me, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 18, 2013, 07:00 PM
We're lumping up the entire japanese because one person didn't want to hear you talk

Needless to say I continued my chat, and ignored that troll.

troll
Wow did you seriously just say that

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 18, 2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah either obvious troll attempt or someone didn't read their ToS.

Resanoca
Mar 18, 2013, 07:12 PM

Discuss.lol This is why so many of us are not liked. Because of a dumbass like you.

Like everyone else said, you do realize you don't belong on this server, right? That it IS in the ToS about us not supposed to be here? Honestly, if you fail to understand that, then you're lost fucking soul. Take your ignorance elsewhere, please.

This honestly just reminds me of a picture on the uploader that said in english "Japs smell like rice in shit. Needs more nukes." Some along those lines.

gravityvx
Mar 18, 2013, 07:12 PM
Well conversation in the lobby is kinda rude.

Why is this rude exactly? I don't think just chatting it up hurt anyone as long it's a normal convo, especially in the lobby of all places. I see all languages chatting in lobby all the time.

millicentbystander
Mar 18, 2013, 07:16 PM
poubelle=emizel

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2013, 07:20 PM
Well conversation in the lobby is kinda rude. That's what whisper chat, party chat, and team chat are supposed to eliminate.

I hardly talk in Nearby chat just because it was never used in PSU JP, even by the Japanese. It's also an unwritten rule I guess.

This. Local and Global chat (as in, not whisper/party/guild) goes largely unused in many Asian hosted online games.

Compare that to European/International servers where ten conversations are happening at once in five different languages.

It's considered "rude" because you are directly speaking to everyone about things they really don't care about, even if they understood the language. Please don't have private conversations in public.

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:22 PM
You heard it here folks. If you dare to talk in another language in holy Japanese servers than you are a rude dumbass. How dare you OP?!?

Cagedtaytay
Mar 18, 2013, 07:24 PM
This. Local and Global chat (as in, not whisper/party/guild) goes largely unused in many Asian hosted online games.

Compare that to European/International servers where ten conversations are happening at once in five different languages.

It's considered "rude" because you are directly speaking to everyone about things they really don't care about, even if they understood the language. Please don't have private conversations in public.

We can chat about whatever topic we want in whichever chat we so please.
Now if its very inappropriate or extremely personal, I can understand wanting someone to use party chat.
EDIT: and if you don't like what you are seeing being said, there is an ignore function.

Zyrusticae
Mar 18, 2013, 07:24 PM
I find it impossible to believe that poubelle is actually being serious.

In fact at least 75% of the time I believe that posts by this poster are disingenuous (i.e. trolling). That's a problem, I think...

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2013, 07:25 PM
We can chat about whatever topic we want in whichever chat we so please.

now who is being the entitled one?

GreenArcher
Mar 18, 2013, 07:28 PM
Oh the irony @ OP

holmwood
Mar 18, 2013, 07:28 PM
If you don't care, don't make a thread about it? Confused. :(

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:29 PM

Talking in public is entitlement now? Who knew :-?

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2013, 07:30 PM
It's like some sort of recursive entitlement. I seriously think the polite thing to do would be to just listen to them and go to an english block or use a private chat.

But I agree with what Zyrusticae said too much to really take this thread seriously. I just think it would be good for us to discuss it so others can see without having to cause problems for them selves and the rest of us by actually doing something like that.

This is something I'd like to correct. A lot of people think of the internet as "public" but it's not. You're connecting to a server, a server, that belongs to sega, and is not infact public, that's why they can have things like a ToS. That's Terms of Service, as in "These are the terms to have to agree to if you want to use our service" They're being lenient about the whole "no non-japanese" thing, heck the ToS article is technichally that you can't connect with a japanese computer not that you have to be japanese if I'm remembering that right, but that doesn't mean you should act like you own the place.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 18, 2013, 07:34 PM

Its called public chat for a reason.
So you can talk in public.
Doesnt change the fact we are still violating ToS though.

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:38 PM
This is something I'd like to correct. A lot of people think of the internet as "public" but it's not. You're connecting to a server, a server, that belongs to sega, and is not infact public, that's why they can have things like a ToS. That's Terms of Service, as in "These are the terms to have to agree to if you want to use our service" They're being lenient about the whole "no non-japanese" thing, heck the ToS article is technichally that you can't connect with a japanese computer not that you have to be japanese if I'm remembering that right, but that doesn't mean you should act like you own the place.

1. Its often called public chat for a reason
2. Is it in the ToS that we can't speak English?
3. ToS is legal stuff to protect Sega and has no baring on whats "rude"

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2013, 07:38 PM

Like the loud and obnoxious customers in the supermarket or a fast food place, or people having a spirited conversation on public transit, or in the library, or the hallway

"can you please keep it down, or have your talk elsewhere?"

"IT IS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO"

more like it's your fist given right to shut the hell up and use the system provided for you that doesn't inconvenience everyone else

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
1. Its often called public chat for a reason
2. Is it in the ToS that we can't speak English?
3. ToS is legal stuff to protect Sega and has no baring on whats "rude"It's called public chat because everyone can see it, not because it's a "public" place.

It's not in the ToS that you can't speak english, but I'm pretty sure bothering people, who politely ask you to take your conversation else where, for no reason than other to show off and spite them like a 12 year old probably is. Unlucky's example is spot on.

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
Like the loud and obnoxious customers in the supermarket or a fast food place, or people having a spirited conversation on public transit, or in the library, or the hallway

"can you please keep it down, or have your talk elsewhere?"

"IT IS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO"

more like it's your fist given right to shut the hell up and use the system provided for you that doesn't inconvenience everyone else

inconvenience? thats a good one but no, hearing voices is not an inconvience.

Well maybe at a library but that why theres actually rules for that ^^

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 18, 2013, 07:44 PM
I usually use public chat when I ask for a request in the lobby or the status of an MPA, and I usually keep personal conversations/rambles/strategy within party, team and whisper depending on my designated audience. I do this just to spare others from conversations that will not benefit them in any way, shape or form. That's my take on communicating with others, I guess.

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2013, 07:49 PM
I think I've said all I can.

~Aya~
Mar 18, 2013, 07:51 PM
I dunno what all this JP players don't use public chat is all about. I go into JP lobbies and chat openly in public with them quite a lot. They just prefer to keep it to Team/Party/Whisper for the most part. That does not mean it's some unwritten rule either.

If you were at some public place eating out or club or bar would you take your conversation to another room or sit close to eachother and whisper around your hand? Dafuq? Really? Lol. <3 you all but damn.

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:52 PM
It's called public chat because everyone can see it, not because it's a "public" place.

It's not in the ToS that you can't speak english, but I'm pretty sure bothering people, who politely ask you to take your conversation else where, for no reason than other to show off and spite them like a 12 year old probably is. Unlucky's example is spot on.

Its a community gathering place hence I call it a public place. You are really just spilting hairs here.

I could easily turn that around and say that the japanese person is bothering the English speaker and being rude by asking him to leave(if thats what really happened).

Cagedtaytay
Mar 18, 2013, 07:52 PM
I dunno what all this JP players don't use public chat is all about. I go into JP lobbies and chat openly in public with them quite a lot. They just prefer to keep it to Team/Party/Whisper for the most part. That does not mean it's some unwritten rule either.

If you were at some public place eating out or club or bar would you take your conversation to another room or sit close to eachother and whisper around your hand? Dafuq? Really? Lol. <3 you all but damn.

I agree with this.

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:54 PM
I dunno what all this JP players don't use public chat is all about. I go into JP lobbies and chat openly in public with them quite a lot.

Those are obviously the delinquents :-P

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2013, 07:54 PM
Good use of public chat:
"who wants to run Free Mines?"
"there you are, let's party"
"come to my room to talk"
"help I don't understand this quest"

Bad use of public chat:
"Ohh my god I love you! Where you been?"
"Haha, the other day was unreal!"
"I think I'm going to try playing Fighter next"
"wow I forgot to restock mates"
"brb going to shower"
"1m mst = $3 VV VV VV . Þϛø2Ԍøιᴆ . (0/\/\"

Kondibon
Mar 18, 2013, 07:56 PM
Its a community gathering place hence I call it a public place. You are really just spilting hairs here.

I could easily turn that around and say that the japanese person is bothering the English speaker and being rude by asking him to leave(if thats what really happened).
Now I have more to say. And you know what. They ARE being rude doing it, but being the better person to me in this case would just be to move. Also we really don't know the person's intention behind saying it. Really this is all moot and brings me to the same point I had for the last thread I had like this. There are jerks on both sides, just try not to be one of them. :/

Good use of public chat:
"who wants to run Free Mines?"
"there you are, let's party"
"come to my room to talk"
"help I don't understand this quest"

Bad use of public chat:
"Ohh my god I love you! Where you been?"
"Haha, the other day was unreal!"
"I think I'm going to try playing Fighter next"
"wow I forgot to restock mates"
"brb going to shower"
"1m mst = $3 VV VV VV . Þϛø2Ԍøιᴆ . (0/\/\"
I actually think most of the "bad" ones are fine too except the gold botter one obviously. But only if they're kept concise. I can understand why having whole conversations in public chat could get annoying.

~Aya~
Mar 18, 2013, 07:56 PM
Those are obviously the delinquents :-P

You said it.. We're overrun!

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 07:58 PM
Good use of public chat:
Anything that doesn't violate ToS

Bad use of public chat:
Violating the ToS

:P

~Aya~
Mar 18, 2013, 07:59 PM
Good use of public chat:
Anything that doesn't violate ToS

Bad use of public chat:
Violating the ToS

:P

For sure :O! I think the same rules apply to any public chat.. No harrassing other players/cursing constantly and obviously flashing nude SA's everywhere. (Haha B20 <3)

reptile7383
Mar 18, 2013, 08:06 PM
Now I have more to say. And you know what. They ARE being rude doing it, but being the better person to me in this case would just be to move. Also we really don't know the person's intention behind saying it. Really this is all moot and brings me to the same point I had for the last thread I had like this. There are jerks on both sides, just try not to be one of them. :/

I actually think most of the "bad" ones are fine too except the gold botter one obviously. But only if they're kept concise. I can understand why having whole conversations in public chat could get annoying.

I agree that there jerks on boths sides but I dont necessarily believe that telling someone off hows being rude is a bad thing.