PDA

View Full Version : Mirage Escape Animation Canceling.

holmwood
Mar 19, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure how this person is doing it, but seems pretty useful.
Great for techers.
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm19960341

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah that's....wow

EDIT: near as I can tell it's just a jump and immediate dash animation so you touch teh ground instantly after you dash giving you I frames for quick attacks with little recovery.

Seems a bit too smooth for that but that's the best i can come up with.

Gardios
Mar 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
Short Jump -> Mirage Escape. Pretty much impossible on controller/VITA. <_<

GuardianGirth
Mar 19, 2013, 06:42 PM
Basically it involves quickly miraging into the ground, either to the side or behind you. The terrain has a lot to do with being able to incline yourself against the floor and cut the frames.

blace
Mar 19, 2013, 06:43 PM

Everything is pretty much impossible on the Vita. It won't even let me knuckle dash.

Z-0
Mar 19, 2013, 06:53 PM
Knuckle Dashing is easy on the Vita if you change your control scheme to have dodge as your R-Trigger instead.

Also I can do quick mirage dashes on Vita / Controller... o.o Kinda, anyway, lol.

Gardios
Mar 19, 2013, 06:59 PM
Welp, time to play around with the incredibly limited button configuration settings then!

Edit: I forgot that there are only two options. I give up.

UnLucky
Mar 19, 2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah, ME ends when you touch the ground. Apparently it's always done that.

Z-0
Mar 19, 2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Vita feels horribly tacky when it comes to controls after playing on the computer. qq I can understand the lack of two extra shoulder buttons limiting some things, but it feels really difficult to play sometimes. I always die as a Gunner because using the flip dodge is so hard when it's on down on the d-pad, lol. ._.

Of course it's better on the R-Trigger but I don't like the circle button making me dash when I'm trying to pick up items (I understand I'm supposed to hold it but I always forget. >:). Plus that setting restricts me from doing things like jump dashes for extra invincibility or knuckle dashing for speed. QQ

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 07:09 PM

This much I knew, I just never realized you slowly fell while doing it.

Saotome Kaneda
Mar 19, 2013, 07:19 PM

Correct. This trick would have never existed in the beta(pre-CBT1 IIRC) days, since Sega "nerfed" ME so you fell during it rather than after it while airborne. But you could always ME onto a higher platform or an incline and it would land you.

This is easily done on pad as long as your fingers are nimble enough, and as someone already said it's just a quick jump and an almost immediate ME. If you're used to fighting games the timing will come almost naturally. But treat it like you're hitting jump then ME directly after.

I admit it's annoying when trying to do it on Vita, but if you're considered in the air and you're not already holding Circle, you will always perform your dash. My problem is usually the opposite, I prefer to be able to grab items while I'm jumping so I don't accidentally activate something. =/

Bellion
Mar 19, 2013, 07:24 PM

Seems pretty easy to do it on the standard Xbox360 controller. Small tap on button to jump and press the button to Mirage Escape as quickly as you can.

I don't play on the Vita, so I can't comment on that. :|

UnLucky
Mar 19, 2013, 07:27 PM
Correct. This trick would have never existed in the beta(pre-CBT1 IIRC) days, since Sega "nerfed" ME so you fell during it rather than after it while airborne. But you could always ME onto a higher platform or an incline and it would land you.
It's so you can't "fly" anywhere without losing height on successive dashes.

This is easily done on pad as long as your fingers are nimble enough, and as someone already said it's just a quick jump and an almost immediate ME. If you're used to fighting games the timing will come almost naturally. But treat it like you're hitting jump then ME directly after.
Pretty much, it's just two buttons back to back. A->B, K->P, jump->block, jump->attack, jump->dash

Gardios
Mar 19, 2013, 07:34 PM
Fighting games are easier for me because I have a stick + my thumb doesn't cover all buttons already... >:

Saotome Kaneda
Mar 19, 2013, 07:44 PM
It's so you can't "fly" anywhere without losing height on successive dashes. Yeah, I know all about that. Not exactly the point of my comment, but yeah.

Fighting games are easier for me because I have a stick + my thumb doesn't cover all buttons already... >:
Nothing stopping you from playing this game on stick! (other than the lack of free camera via the 2nd analog and potentially the extra buttons if you have a 6 button face stick)

holmwood
Mar 19, 2013, 10:01 PM
Instructional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjWR0bxeviY

Works on every terrain.
Its jump+ dash (I set mine to C button).

The video mentions that timing is essential. I don't really think so.
I found that I could do it easily if I press jump+dash without a directional key. Just got to be fast.

If you wanted to specify direction, you would have to press the directional key and release as soon as you press the jump button. Its hard doing it this way, and the distance is meh so I don't think its meant for fast transport. Maybe like a force-version of guard. :P

Edit:
I just tried it on banther. It's pretty awesome! Never had to move away from its scratching distance.

UnLucky
Mar 19, 2013, 10:14 PM
Well, the later you dash, the longer it will last, so timing is everything.

holmwood
Mar 19, 2013, 10:52 PM
Well, the later you dash, the longer it will last, so timing is everything.

True True. I find that quickly pressing space bar and dash makes you hop which is kind of useless since you don't get any iframe...

Syklo
Mar 19, 2013, 11:00 PM
Regardless of the cancel or not, I still jump then ME as TE.
Because it ends earlier than when ME'ing from ground level.

TaigaUC
Mar 19, 2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah, discovered this a while back by accident. Always hated how unnecessarily long Mirage Escape is, so I've been doing this trick a lot. Wish I knew about it sooner.

Goukezitsu
Mar 20, 2013, 07:43 AM
This is the like the first thing I did when i tried out force from being a fighter / hu. I didn't know it was a secret, but then again maybe its that I didn't play force in the beginning that I didn't think it wouldn't work because from reading this thread apparently it used to not be set up that way.

Punisher106
Mar 20, 2013, 05:38 PM
I can't understand how it's done like this. I jump, and the instant my thumb leaves the spacebar, I hit X. I dodge and touch the ground, but I glide across the surface of the ground, instead of cancelling altogether. How is this possible?

Sizustar
Mar 20, 2013, 05:42 PM
I can't understand how it's done like this. I jump, and the instant my thumb leaves the spacebar, I hit X. I dodge and touch the ground, but I glide across the surface of the ground, instead of cancelling altogether. How is this possible?

Try pressing both at nearly the same time, so if left hand.
Thumb press space bear, while index finger quickly press the x key.

~Aya~
Mar 20, 2013, 05:44 PM
Try pressing both at nearly the same time, so if left hand.
Thumb press space bear, while index finger quickly press the x key.

How much more ground can you cover with this trick? Anything like hunter?

Sizustar
Mar 20, 2013, 06:06 PM
How much more ground can you cover with this trick? Anything like hunter?

Not alot, it seems to move slower, if ingame, I can show you, I think.

UnLucky
Mar 20, 2013, 06:06 PM
It's not faster than normal running, probably slower. The actual distance covered depends on when you touch the ground, so anything from next to nothing to the full length of a standard ME.