PDA

View Full Version : Anime suggestions

Bonjet
Mar 20, 2013, 03:44 AM
My summer vacation has started and I have plenty of time. I'm going to watch Anime, since this is one my alternatives doing random things like playing video games. :-P

Going back to this thread. ANY ANIME SUGGESTIONS? (You can post your all-time favorite, currently watching, or any Anime shows you know.)

These list of Anime I already watched:

Sword Art Online, Initial D, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Gundam, LBX, Transformers: Galaxy Force, Knockout, Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, Tales of the Abyss, Black Butler, Tears to Tiara, Cardfight!! Vanguard, Yu-gi-oh, Rental Magica, Zero No Tsukaima, Doraemon, Slam Dunk, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Baka and Test: Summon the Beast, Clannad, Working!!, Jigoku Shoujo, Bakugan and Pokemon.

(We can use this thread to see some people who want to watch Anime.)

That's it, you're next. :D

Polly
Mar 20, 2013, 04:23 AM
Baccano!
Durarara!!
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

About the only shows I've found worth watching at all in the last three or four years.

Blackheart521
Mar 20, 2013, 04:32 AM
Durarara!!

I miss that show... gotta start watchin it again. ^^;

Mike
Mar 20, 2013, 06:01 AM
Record of Lodoss War. It's a classic. You'll need both versions though. Watch the OVA version until the Grey Witch fight and then watch the TV series. That method stays the truest to the original novels.

EDIT: And if Doraemon is really something you like, Sazae-san is probably right up your ally too.

Bonjet
Mar 20, 2013, 07:49 PM
@Polly - Oh Baccano! I heard of that and I wasn't able to watch that on Animax since they aired that around December 2011, but still, going to watch this again! :-P

@Mike - Ahhh, I'd like classic too. Sazae-san huh... :-)

Palle
Mar 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
Wings of Honneamise
Akira
El Hazard
Record of Lodoss War
Urusei Yatsura
Cowboy Bebop
Macross
Dominion Tank Police
Serial Experiments Lain
Patlabor
Perfect Blue
Galaxy Express 999
Riding Bean
Project A-ko
Gunsmith Cats
Bubblegum Crisis
Bubblegum Crash
Mospeada
Tenchi Muyo
Sol Bianca
Battle Angel Alita
Jin Roh
Maison Ikkoku
Macross Plus
Ah Megami-sama!

Eman2417
Mar 20, 2013, 10:38 PM
Lucky Star of course.

Weeaboolits
Mar 21, 2013, 07:06 AM
Last Exile
Slayers
Cromartie High School
Genshiken
Gurren Lagann
Mushi-shi
Azumanga Daioh
Kyousogiga
Gintama
Darker Than Black

Off the top of my head.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 21, 2013, 12:48 PM
Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, but other than those 2 I haven't found much that I'd consider "amazing."

Sayara
Mar 21, 2013, 02:52 PM
Azumanga Daioh, Nichou and Daily lives of highschool boys all have the simple any time turn on enjoyment show without neccessity of storyplots. (and thats great!)

Meji
Mar 21, 2013, 03:04 PM
Azumanga Daioh, Nichou and Daily lives of highschool boys all have the simple any time turn on enjoyment show without neccessity of storyplots. (and thats great!)
OH GOD YES NICHIJOU!

Sayara
Mar 21, 2013, 03:06 PM
Sayara suggested, Meji approved i guess!

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 03:13 PM
Wings of Honneamise
Akira
El Hazard
Record of Lodoss War
Urusei Yatsura
Cowboy Bebop
Macross
Dominion Tank Police
Serial Experiments Lain
Patlabor
Perfect Blue
Galaxy Express 999
Riding Bean
Project A-ko
Gunsmith Cats
Bubblegum Crisis
Bubblegum Crash
Mospeada
Tenchi Muyo
Sol Bianca
Battle Angel Alita
Jin Roh
Maison Ikkoku
Macross Plus
Ah Megami-sama!

THESE!!!

Ce'Nedra
Mar 21, 2013, 05:58 PM
Trigun
Air gear
EF tale of memories
EF tale of melodies
Mirai Nikki
Black rock shooter
Histories strongest disciple kenichi
Kiss x sis (if you like major ecchi)
Highschool DxD
Death note
Hitman reborn
Hidan no aria
Beelzebub

Some out of my head that's not on your list

Noblewine
Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 PM
Zoids Chaotic Century
Gundam Wing
Tri-gun
Scred
Outlaw Star
Zatch Bell

Sinue_v2
Mar 22, 2013, 08:33 PM
Black Lagoon, Spice & Wolf, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, Gunslinger Girl (1st season), and Le Chevalier D'Eon if you like historical pieces or Production I.G. stuff like GitS:SaC. I also really liked Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of the Beast King and Ah! My Goddess, though Goddess is a bit saccharine sweet. For a classic, I'll throw in Armitage III. The theatrical release has better VA, featuring Elizabeth Berkley and Donald Sutherland, but the OVA compilation has far more content that will make the story actually make sense.

If you liked Clannad, then you might want to give AngelBeats! a try. It's made by the same people, has some gruesomely funny humor stemming from the fact that the characters cannot "die", and by the end will likely have you crying like a little bitch. And that's a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_V_e5mjJc

Oh, and I'm going to assume you're already familiar with Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki's stuff. If not, then shame on you, and before anything else you should watch Perfect Blue, Paprika, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and either Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind or Princess Mononoke.

RLbitClassica
Apr 5, 2013, 04:24 PM
I would recommend Berserk(gratuitous amounts of violence and blood) and Mushi-Shi(borderline zero violence)

Mekhana
Apr 5, 2013, 05:44 PM
Fate/Zero
Jormungand
Black Lagoon
Hellsing Ultimate
Armitage III

RenzokukenZ
Apr 5, 2013, 09:53 PM
Paranoia Agent and Excel Saga.

Connolly
Apr 8, 2013, 06:30 AM
I'm quite fond of Bakuman, once you push past the love story part the rest of it is pretty decent. Other than that I can't think of anything I've watched in the last few years that was worth it... Baccano and Durarara were already mentioned which I found to be fantastic. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is pretty decent too.

Oh, Oriemo is pretty decent but uh people are often put off by the name because it's a bit misleading... "I can't believe my sister is this cute" which is about a boy who finds out his sister is a massive weeaboo essentially but she has an image to maintain and wants his help following her hobby in secret. Quite funny and there's a second season starting this month.

Pirrip
Apr 8, 2013, 06:55 AM
I heard someone mention Nichijou... It really kind of flopped in Japan, but it is one of the funniest I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

Nameh
Apr 9, 2013, 05:41 PM
"Vampire Knight"
"Ghost Hunt"
"High school of the dead"

They're good.