PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Uploader issues?

Shadowth117
Mar 20, 2013, 07:27 PM
I know I can't be the only person here with this issue. So we all know this site:
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/

Yeah, it loads that page fine. However, if I try and go a page further into the PSO2 section of it where I can view pictures and all it doesn't work. Unsurprisingly, direct picture links don't work either. I've been able to view them still through a proxy so I'm wondering if they've been blocking IP's for whatever reason. I could just be very wrong and for some reason I'm having issues connecting to the site in some way on my end, but I thought I'd ask about it.

Edit: Just for further info, its been acting up for a few days now and the old PSU section still works fine.

EvilMag
Mar 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
Able to view them fine.

Sizustar
Mar 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
I know I can't be the only person here with this issue. So we all know this site:
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/

Yeah, it loads that page fine. However, if I try and go a page further into the PSO2 section of it where I can view pictures and all it doesn't work. Unsurprisingly, direct picture links don't work either. I've been able to view them still through a proxy so I'm wondering if they've been blocking IP's for whatever reason. I could just be very wrong and for some reason I'm having issues connecting to the site in some way on my end, but I thought I'd ask about it.

Possible IP block of individual or forum, due to unknown user spamming the uploader with R18 fanart of the blue amazon from this forum...yesterday?

EvilMag
Mar 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
Possible IP block of individual or forum, due to unknown user spamming the uploader with R18 fanart of the blue amazon from this forum...yesterday?

Yeah, kinda dumb

Misaki Ki
Mar 20, 2013, 07:33 PM
Clicking Enter gives 403 Forbidden.

I almost never go there. I haven't been able to see any pictures posted from there as well today. (Although I never really checked, so unable to say if it was just for today or if it had been happening for much longer.)

I live in Texas, so perhaps it's an IP range that is being locked out?

BIG OLAF
Mar 20, 2013, 07:33 PM
I never go to that site, but clicking on it now and looking through it, I've had no issues.

Gardios
Mar 20, 2013, 07:40 PM
No issues accessing the site or viewing the images.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 20, 2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I haven't been able to see images from there either. I don't know why.

Sizustar
Mar 20, 2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah, kinda dumb

Well, there was people posting offensive message first, about Japanese ethnicity and rice, then the R18 fanart.
So the mod can remove them, but isn't on 24/7, so possible to IP block of an area or region or isp, possible, because the user is the samer person?

Railkune
Mar 20, 2013, 07:49 PM
First time I'm going to the site, and upon clicking enter I get a 403 Forbidden Error.

Resanoca
Mar 20, 2013, 07:56 PM
I'm able to view pictures. I wanna say maybe it has to do with uploading from a foreign IP, but I guess since Evilmag can still view just fine, that's not the case.

Edit: Also, yeah, I saw that 18+ hentai of blue amazon too. lol

Shadowth117
Mar 20, 2013, 08:00 PM
Question. Who that's having problems is going through Comcast at the moment?

Railkune
Mar 20, 2013, 08:03 PM

-Raises hand- That'd be me.

Crysteon
Mar 20, 2013, 08:05 PM
Weird...I dont have any issues accessing it, but the IP blocking idea can turn into a possibility. I remember that there was a period of time when the PSU Uploader didnt allow foreigner connections to access it, but they sorta dropped out the banning some time later and made it for public access.

Aeris
Mar 20, 2013, 08:05 PM
Using Cablelynx and AT&T and no issues here.

EvilMag
Mar 20, 2013, 08:07 PM
I'm able to view pictures. I wanna say maybe it has to do with uploading from a foreign IP, but I guess since Evilmag can still view just fine, that's not the case.

Edit: Also, yeah, I saw that 18+ hentai of blue amazon too. lol

Also able to upload pictures in case anyones curious.

using AT&T.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 20, 2013, 08:09 PM

That'd be me.

Misaki Ki
Mar 20, 2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I'm fairly sure we'll mostly be through Comcast in the same region. It be better to post the first bits of your IP.

76.30.X.X

Comcast IP Ranges (http://postmaster.comcast.net/dynamic-IP-ranges.html)

Xaeris
Mar 20, 2013, 08:10 PM

*raises hand*

Alisha
Mar 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
no problems with cox. ive been using them to host myv images because imgur converts to jpg

Shakuri
Mar 20, 2013, 09:23 PM
speaking of uploader lol @ eng upping on it and especially lol @ them upping on it and showing english patch gg

Shadowth117
Mar 20, 2013, 11:35 PM
speaking of uploader lol @ eng upping on it and especially lol @ them upping on it and showing english patch gg

I posted a picture of a damage test from the closed beta on there during that time with the English patch on and for some reason that was never a problem. I think its more inappropriate content than anything although in this case this ISP they banned is VERY big which is bothersome.

EvilMag
Mar 20, 2013, 11:42 PM
Well to be fair the JP community knows about the english patch and most don't really care about it.

laxmunch
Mar 20, 2013, 11:48 PM
The reason why the uploader ipblocked all the gaijins (aliens, outsiders, foreigners) because, someone uploaded a picture that said something japanese are trash and more nukes and stuffs that made them pissed.

Seriously people, why can't you guys give a respect and not being an ass.

Shadowth117
Mar 21, 2013, 12:11 AM
The reason why the uploader ipblocked all the gaijins (aliens, outsiders, foreigners) because, someone uploaded a picture that said something japanese are trash and more nukes and stuffs that made them pissed.

Yes, lets be ignorant and ignore the fact that it was so far only Comcast that was blocked. While it may be what you mentioned that caused it, there clearly wasn't a blanket North America IP ban, let alone anywhere else.

As for the people you mention the good majority of people here haven't done ANYTHING of that nature and the ones that have probably don't care to read places like this anyway. You're whining at the wrong audience more than likely.

laxmunch
Mar 21, 2013, 12:15 AM
You're whining at the wrong audience more than likely.
Cause majority of them are in this forum.

Xaeris
Mar 21, 2013, 12:16 AM
Oh Comcast, why do you insist on being so terrible? And why must you be the only broadband provider in my area that doesn't have a bandwidth cap? Free market my ass.

Sizustar
Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 AM

Please don't spread false information, not all foreigner are blocked, only a specific ip-range that did offensive posting of racial slur and R18 content.
This seems to be the ISP service called Comcast?
It probabely is a temporary block.

For people that are blocked, you can try to contact the mod/admin of the uploader at [email protected]
And let him know that he isn't blocking a specific person, but a whole ISP.
I have sent a message letting him know, but if more people let him know, and that you are good PSO2 player, he might take that into consideration.
Good luck

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cause majority of them are in this forum.

All of your posts on here so far have been trollish and rude, not to mention utterly baseless. Maybe you should go take a permanent timeout.

Xaeris
Mar 21, 2013, 12:19 AM
Oh, this is on the uploader's end? Okay, I take it back. ...Not really, it's still true.

blace
Mar 21, 2013, 12:26 AM
I can say with certainty that someone from there frequents here. Especially after seeing an image I cropped and put together, during our particular "party".

But yeah, I'm able to view the site from my phone with my carrier being Verizon and at home with my ISP being Qwest/Century Link.

Noc Codez
Mar 21, 2013, 05:42 AM
I'm in just fine.. Fios user here

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2013, 06:19 AM
I can say with certainty that someone from there frequents here. Especially after seeing an image I cropped and put together, during our particular "party".

I'm sure that's true. If fact, I'm sure quite a few people from PSOW use the PSO2 Uploader. But, of course, it could always be an actual JP player, or multiple. I'm very sure some of them do come here and lurk to see what we're all up to, y'know.

Exxy
Mar 21, 2013, 06:33 AM
I can't view it as well DX

Does it mean that foreign countries are blocked?

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2013, 06:37 AM
Does it mean that foreign countries are blocked?

If you would have read that many other people are not having issues viewing the website, you would already know the answer is "no".

Exxy
Mar 21, 2013, 06:39 AM
If you would have read that many other people are not having issues viewing the website, you would already know the answer is "no".

Ah okay then.

Railkune
Mar 21, 2013, 08:58 AM
Well so far from what I can tell, assuming I haven't bypassed anyone's post, it's only Comcast users with the issue. I just tested it at my college, and it works perfectly fine, but at the house it gives me that same 404.

Shadowth117
Mar 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
Well so far from what I can tell, assuming I haven't bypassed anyone's post, it's only Comcast users with the issue. I just tested it at my college, and it works perfectly fine, but at the house it gives me that same 404.

404? You mean 403 Forbidden right? 403 is what happens when the website is specifically blocking you from something while 404 is generally what you get if something doesn't exist. 403 is what I've been seeing regardless.

@Sizustar: I'd love to talk to the guy, but I feel like language barrier would be a major issue there.

Railkune
Mar 21, 2013, 10:24 AM
404? You mean 403 Forbidden right? 403 is what happens when the website is specifically blocking you from something while 404 is generally what you get if something doesn't exist. 403 is what I've been seeing regardless.

@Sizustar: I'd love to talk to the guy, but I feel like language barrier would be a major issue there.

Yeah, sorry about that. I meant 403.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 11:57 AM
Now I have to see MORE of all you ugry monkeys on the Uploader too suddenly?

Ugh please do more IP bans. <_<

Was ignorable when it was just a few of ya'll but calm down wit dat.

Shadowth117
Mar 21, 2013, 12:09 PM
Now I have to see MORE of all you ugry monkeys on the Uploader too suddenly?

Was ignorable when it was just a few of ya'll but calm down wit dat.

Yeah, I mean the Japanese don't post numerous pictures of their characters, fan service of their characters, random nonsensical pictures, and pictures of gear constantly on ther-

Huh, guess I'm just describing the Japanese community anyway.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I mean the Japanese don't post numerous pictures of their characters, fan service of their characters, random nonsensical pictures, and pictures of gear constantly on ther-

Huh, guess I'm just describing the Japanese community anyway.

They don't do it HERE! 8D

gigawuts
Mar 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
hahaha

english patch should be auto-ban

Jakosifer
Mar 21, 2013, 01:10 PM
Seriously, cut that shit out.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 01:14 PM

Just no. I already hate being punished for the idiocy of others. Let's not perpetuate it.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 01:16 PM
Just no. I already hate being punished for the idiocy of others. Let's not perpetuate it.

For the greater good.

gigawuts
Mar 21, 2013, 01:16 PM
IP ban uploads, allow viewing.

You can look but you can't touch.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 01:19 PM
For the greater good.

You just care too much about how other people's characters look. >_>

Let's just do what Giga suggests. Problem solved.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 01:23 PM
You just care too much about how other people's characters look. >_>

Let's just do what Giga suggests. Problem solved.

Only when it's implied that they want people to look at them. Looking comes with Attention which comes with caring. That's what they wanted I'm giving my version of caring.

And yeah giga's if possible.

Otherwise.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

Shadowth117
Mar 21, 2013, 03:26 PM
It should be possible for sure to make it view only. Just have the server issue that variant of the web page rather than the 403. I wouldn't imagine it would be harder than that.

SallySalSal
Mar 21, 2013, 04:05 PM
If you PSOW-ers want to e-whore your characters out, do it here. I'd rather not see you guys on Uploader. At all.

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2013, 04:06 PM
If you PSOW-ers want to e-whore your characters out, do it here. I'd rather not see you guys on Uploader. At all.

I'm sure no one here would dare dream of interfering with all their pantsu collages, don't worry.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 04:07 PM
Alright Char, calm down. Wouldn't want you dropping any more colonies on Earth.

Okay wait, so what exactly did some of us do?

I'm a newtype, you better fallback, plebians.

SallySalSal
Mar 21, 2013, 04:15 PM
I'm sure no one here would dare dream of interfering with all their pantsu collages, don't worry.

You said you never go this site, so you wouldn't know about certain people who are constantly e-whoring on Uploader.

Besides, pantsu collages > PSOW.

Resanoca
Mar 21, 2013, 04:16 PM
Wow. Shocking that someone else agrees with this. lol

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 04:27 PM
Such angry peeps here.

Also; loved the Gundam reference, AIDA. Thanks for that.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 04:28 PM
Such angry peeps here.

Also; loved the Gundam reference, AIDA. Thanks for that.

Enforcer you're the nice guy!

Nice guys don't pick sides! D8

Enforcer MKV
Mar 21, 2013, 04:31 PM
Enforcer you're the nice guy!

Nice guys don't pick sides! D8

I'm not. :D

EDIT: Picking sides, I mean.

NoiseHERO
Mar 21, 2013, 04:33 PM
I'm not. :D

EDIT: Picking sides, I mean.

Oh, well then

Angry versus disgusted people then.*

~Aya~
Mar 21, 2013, 04:34 PM
This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER. It's burning grip tells me to defeat you!

I forgot the rest... but hnmm.. have this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yygv21mCk_E&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yygv21mCk_E&feature=youtube_gdata_player