PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

FoulCheese
Mar 21, 2013, 05:44 AM
I'm American, and I play PSO2 jp.
What I want to know is, can I get reported by players for not being of Japanese origin and potentially get the ban hammer?
And another one is, despite the language barrier are Americans well received as a playerbase in the eyes of the Japanese people?
Like if I get on and attempt to communicate via "smiley's" as I only know English, and a few words in French, will I be welcomed or shunned?
I've been like avoiding speaking to anyone for fear of being banned from the game altogether.

wetro01
Mar 21, 2013, 05:46 AM
Ahaha i do the same thing. I would like to know this too...

Noc Codez
Mar 21, 2013, 05:48 AM
I'm American, and I play PSO2 jp.
What I want to know is, can I get reported by players for not being of Japanese origin and potentially get the ban hammer?
And another one is, despite the language barrier are Americans well received as a playerbase in the eyes of the Japanese people?
Like if I get on and attempt to communicate via "smiley's" as I only know English, and a few words in French, will I be welcomed or shunned?
I've been like avoiding speaking to anyone for fear of being banned from the game altogether.

1.If the JP players wants to be a tool yes he can report you for using a IP that is not from Japan.. it's against TOS for us to be even playing on their server.. will you get banned highly unlikely but there's always that chance.

2.Now this is a yes/no.. Some JP players love us some hate us it's mixed

3. Learn some quick Japanese short cuts.. like Hello/thank you etc etc

also do not speak in public on JP blocks.. they find it very rude and will black list you of even go as far as reporting you.. only Block 20 people can chat away like the good old 4th floor days of PSU .. >.>

FoulCheese
Mar 21, 2013, 05:50 AM
Isn't it scary?! Like the other day I got an error whilst logging in and I thought " OH NOES THEY FINALLY CAUGHT ME." Like I'm giving myself some sort of "master-mind" persona. xD
But turns out I believe that error was just a maintenance. Lol

Noc Codez
Mar 21, 2013, 05:51 AM
Eh... Not really.. lol

I only play with JP Players in EQs.. i'm sure to be very quite and follow the crowd if I don't know what to do.. :)

FoulCheese
Mar 21, 2013, 05:52 AM
Thank you for the quick reply :D
This is some good news, however, I'd like to play with some English speaking people as well.
Rosetta Stone just finished, so maybe that will help me a bit?
I'm open to learning the language if I have to, I need to fill my days anyhow. ^_^

Opy
Mar 21, 2013, 05:54 AM
I play with jp players every day. I have never since day one of this game had a bad experience. They are all very friendly and usually will go out of their way to say one or two things nice in english. I keep google translator up to say things like thank you. and to keep tabs on a few of the things they are saying.

I actually think the language barrier adds a lvl of fun for everyone.

FoulCheese
Mar 21, 2013, 05:59 AM
I have partied with a few of the native players, and they are definitely skilled and quite fun to play with. But I had no idea what they were saying, of course this is my fault entirely as I'm playing on their game, I feel it would've been more fun to make friends with the people after beating some missions. :3

reptile7383
Mar 21, 2013, 07:01 AM
"can I get reported by players for not being of Japanese origin and potentially get the ban hammer?"

-You can get reported for anything. Sega isn't going to ban you though.

"And another one is, despite the language barrier are Americans well received as a playerbase in the eyes of the Japanese people?"

-Who cares. "Lets make broad generalizations about a group making broad generalizations."

"Like if I get on and attempt to communicate via "smiley's" as I only know English, and a few words in French, will I be welcomed or shunned?"

-Most groups wont care. Only in cases were communication is important will you likely run into problems.

"I've been like avoiding speaking to anyone for fear of being banned from the game altogether."

-Not going to happen. Talk all you want. There's no rule against speaking English.