PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think rares will cost?

Poubelle
Mar 21, 2013, 05:22 PM
I'm Premium and I'm taking somewhat of a break from PSO2 until the next update, since I can't seem to find any rares of my own, no matter how many hours I dump into the game.

I'm curious if I'll even be able to afford a good rare weapon. I have about 100 million meseta.

How much do you think 10-star rare weapons will typically cost? Predictions ITT.

Reiketsu
Mar 21, 2013, 05:26 PM
Well, the trailer showed one at 20 million or something.
People will probably use that as a guideline to set up their prices, but who knows...
Depends on how many will be thrown on the market. I know people really like to undercut prices in this game.
So prices will probably go crazy on the first day and drop ridiculously on the second like with the Vita costumes.

Z-0
Mar 21, 2013, 05:27 PM
Depends on rare.

Many of them won't cost very much, as 10* rarity doesn't mean a whole lot for some weapons (for example, Maisen and Nersir). I can also except Noise Blower to have a decent price tag attached to it (due to the huge amount being dropped, although the fact that it's pyro might keep it up), alongside with pre-AQ rares, such as Plosion, Fossiltrix, Windy Shaft, and things like that.

However, I can expect AQ rares to have ridiculous prices. I'm thinking along the lines for 20million or so here, or perhaps even more. I'd be prepared to pay that price for some weapons no problem, especially something like Launcher Legacy (the best non-11* Launcher), although I wouldn't pay any sort of price like that for the ugly Twin Brand or Burn Scale.

Certain other 10*s that came before AQ, such as Stag Cutlery or Blade Dance will most likely have a high price tag on them too, due to nostalgia and overall rareness.

The fact they're 10* isn't really important, it's about their rarity past the rating and how useful they are.

Dnd
Mar 21, 2013, 05:29 PM
Most will be fairly cheap, pre AQ weapons will be 1-10mill for a base one, AQ weapons (and, especially the hyper-rare ones) I expect to be anywhere from 20-100mill, assuming any are in the market at all.

Coatl
Mar 21, 2013, 05:34 PM
Maisen will be like 10k.

jooozek
Mar 21, 2013, 05:41 PM
inb4 you can only operate in millions

Soultrigger
Mar 21, 2013, 06:29 PM
Something to keep in mind is that 10*s, aside from the [trashy] ones you sacrifice for the pass, will always stay in circulation. So unlike 7~9*s, once you get bored of it or need the money back, you can simply just list it on shop.

In other words, day 1 will be extremely overpriced, but eventually everything will drop just because the weapons never go away. (i.e. you don't have to commit like weapon bind).

Note: pyroxene weapons may be an exception to this rule.

Z-0
Mar 21, 2013, 06:36 PM
You do realise SEGA could very well implement weapon binding for 10*s after next week?

It might not be the case, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Crysteon
Mar 21, 2013, 06:46 PM
Actually, the ownership system is a big possibility on 10*s. So far, it wouldnt make sense if 7*-9*s have player binds while rarer items can be sold as if nothing happened.

Sure, you can pull out the stuff that 10* purchasing is a premium-only thing....but it's Sega after all. I wouldnt be surprised to see I cant sell a few 10*s I've equipped before after next tuesday's maintenance.

Soultrigger
Mar 21, 2013, 06:51 PM
You do realise SEGA could very well implement weapon binding for 10*s after next week?

It might not be the case, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I don't know, sounds like less money for SEGA if they did add weapon bind. The fact that they forced people to go premium in order to even buy 10*s should be enough to figure out their intent.

It's a possibility though, especially given how incompetent SEGA can be.

Dextro
Mar 21, 2013, 06:54 PM
Something to keep in mind is that 10*s, aside from the [trashy] ones you sacrifice for the pass, will always stay in circulation. So unlike 7~9*s, once you get bored of it or need the money back, you can simply just list it on shop.

In other words, day 1 will be extremely overpriced, but eventually everything will drop just because the weapons never go away. (i.e. you don't have to commit like weapon bind).

Pretty much this.
On Day 1, Expect something like 30-60mil for stuff like Jinrai, Elena Mechs, Dragon Slayer, Elder Pain etc
Stuff like Noise Blowers should be the same price as Ikutachi's and Seitens when those peaked.

What I'm unsure of though, are how much Falz/Chrome/K.Vardha Units will go for :-?

Poubelle
Mar 21, 2013, 07:03 PM
I feel like those will cost more than 30-60m, but I'm not sure. I definitely can't see Elder Pain ever being that low.

Units will probably go for nothing.

Blackheart521
Mar 21, 2013, 08:11 PM
Normal Shop Minimum = 1,050 Meseta Price
10 Star Shop Minimum = 1,050,000 Meseta Price

Just my speculation ^^;

Eternal255
Mar 21, 2013, 08:19 PM
My question is-

Should I sell my (only) 10* (that i found, because guaranteed you cant trade in any of the ones you get from the shiny stone shop) and get a lot of meseta, or should I use all my meseta and that 10* to buy a 10* I've been wanting since the creation of 10* weapons?

Sizustar
Mar 21, 2013, 08:29 PM
My question is-

Should I sell my (only) 10* (that i found, because guaranteed you cant trade in any of the ones you get from the shiny stone shop) and get a lot of meseta, or should I use all my meseta and that 10* to buy a 10* I've been wanting since the creation of 10* weapons?

Are you a premium user?
As only premium user can get the pass to enable buying 10* gear
And the price on 10* gear will depend on the supply and demand of it.
I see Elder rod price as not that high.
Might try to build a 50% Elder rod for our team, as we've already build 50% Rappy Launcher and Tali..

gigawuts
Mar 21, 2013, 08:38 PM
The barrier isn't meseta. The barrier is premium and requiring a 10* to be sacrificed to actually buy the new 10*.

It'll be hard to tell, but we're not looking at noise blower = ikutachi. If you had to delete a 10* to get an ikutachi, sure. But there's a lot more factors than just meseta. There will be a LOT more total 10*'s going up than there will be being bought, with a lot of them being complete shit like gwana lances which are not nostalgic nor are they any good. No decent latent, no decent damage, and no "oh my god I had it and used it for 5 total hours on dreamcast, I can't wait to spend 500 hours farming to get it!"

Some will be expensive. Others...nobody wants a gwana lance. People might ask for a lot, but that doesn't mean they'll sell - or if they do, they'll only sell because people don't know better (or they want the item purely for its appearance).

Poubelle
Mar 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
what I'm really curious is if we'll be able to recycle pyroxene 10* for a pass, or if we need to use a dropped 10* weapon.

Reiketsu
Mar 21, 2013, 09:14 PM
what I'm really curious is if we'll be able to recycle pyroxene 10* for a pass, or if we need to use a dropped 10* weapon.

I'd imagine if anything, we'll be able to turn a pyro 10* in for a pass, that actually needs a 10* to be created. Like that WL I wanna have (always forget it's name) which requires a Bergwerker.

Everything else like the Falz stone weapons or the ones you need a 8*/9* for that you can easily buy in player shops... well, they would be so easy to acquire, you wouldn't have to worry about getting your 10* pass.
And I don't think that's something SEGA wants.
Also, they said certain 10* weps won't be eligible for a pass and I'm sure they were referring to the pyro and MB 10* weps with that.

(On a sidenote... I sure hope that Bergwerker won't be that expensive, because that's like the only 10* I really wanna have right now >_>")

Sizustar
Mar 21, 2013, 09:16 PM

From what I remember in reading about it.
Crystal shop weapon cannot be sold in My Shop, and cannot be traded for pass.
But they can be used for Excube.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 21, 2013, 09:20 PM
1050 meseta

GreenArcher
Mar 21, 2013, 10:38 PM
WTS Holy Ray +10, 31 fire, Shoot I / Arm I / Lucky Rise :wacko:

Inazuma
Mar 22, 2013, 04:14 AM
I will be selling my Floating Edges (wind 32, one affix) in the hopes that I can get enough meseta to afford the concert items. They are the best daggers in the game and also super rare.

SisterPrincess
Mar 22, 2013, 07:41 PM
If Elder Pain is 50,000,000 for guideline purposes then...

Nesir, Magical Wand, Guwana Dagger, Maisen, Latoriarain, Mahu, Elder Rifle, Elder Rod, Volga Hands should be the same as 30 Grinders due to the fact you can excube it.

Other things really vary. Plenty of 1050 items somehow went back to around 30000 to 50000.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
Imma sell my +10 affixed elder set. Hopefully those sell well cause they have some decent affixes. Then i will weed out what sells and what dosen't. Im gonna do what it takes to get dat jinrai...

Keyblade59
Mar 22, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm mainly looking at the prices of the weapons for pyroxene as a base, but that's probably be the very low end weapons, like common 10* or gunslashes (most of them).

Sizustar
Mar 22, 2013, 09:03 PM
I'm mainly looking at the prices of the weapons for pyroxene as a base, but that's probably be the very low end weapons, like common 10* or gunslashes (most of them).

Crystal Shop item can't be sold or be used to trade for pass.

Keyblade59
Mar 22, 2013, 09:07 PM
That's why I said for pyroxene, the base weapons NEEDED to get the 10* weapon

Sizustar
Mar 22, 2013, 09:08 PM
That's why I said for pyroxene, the base weapons NEEDED to get the 10* weapon

Only the mine serie need 10*, and I don't see it's price being that high.

NoiseHERO
Mar 22, 2013, 09:39 PM
Even though they seem hard to acquire 10* probably aren't THAT much rare than 7-9* (It's just this game's RNG being shit in general)

Just that there's not a lot in circulation because people keep getting 10*s they couldn't use. So they're out there. Just that there's not a lot of people using them.

I wouldn't be surprised more common 10*s were as cheap as 100-500k by the second day and going down.

But knowing this economy/community, not just rarity and power, but looks are a factor too. It'll probably be the same way prices fluctuate when a new scratch comes out, for the good stuff at least. And then there's weapons that are already affixeds that'll be for sale if they're not bound to the player.

I'm not sure where to guess other than a range for 5 mil for decent and 20 mil for top dog and maybe even in 30's-50's for previously upgraded stuff. The best reference for a starting price range would probably be proxyene weapon material. But because there's more choices for tradeable 10* and some being better than others... I'm sure some prox weapons prices would drop a couple of mils alongside some 10* weapons.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 07:16 PM
Only the mine serie need 10*, and I don't see it's price being that high.

What he's saying is the 9* versions like ikutachi sell for anything between 400k-6mil depending on the weapon. so we can guess that 10*s in general will probably hover around there for now.

gigawuts
Mar 23, 2013, 07:19 PM
That depends on the damage and latent. Ikutachis are that price because they're the best sword you can buy. They may not be that valuable after the update, and they won't be the best sword you can buy anymore, but they'll still be the best sword you can buy without sacrificing a 10*.

What I'm curious about is the noise blower. I'm torn between it being worthless (or worth 30 grinders, anyway) due to how common it is and how the stray blower isn't THAT amazing of a dub, and the viability of element grinding meaning people might really buy them up to grind their stray blowers to 50 element.

Shinmarizu
Mar 23, 2013, 08:57 PM
That depends on the damage and latent. Ikutachis are that price because they're the best sword you can buy. They may not be that valuable after the update, and they won't be the best sword you can buy anymore, but they'll still be the best sword you can buy without sacrificing a 10*.

What I'm curious about is the noise blower. I'm torn between it being worthless (or worth 30 grinders, anyway) due to how common it is and how the stray blower isn't THAT amazing of a dub, and the viability of element grinding meaning people might really buy them up to grind their stray blowers to 50 element.

Sadly, I believe that, since they are 10* dubs that can immediately become better 10* dubs, Noise Blowers will be worth a fair bit. I really hope I'm wrong and they'll be affordable, but knowing how people intend to take advantage of the market in the first few days, we will not see prices drop to 'reasonable levels' for a while.

It doesn't help that this is starting on a day with a highly anticipated AC rotation, so a lot of meseta will be flying around for the first few days and everything will be overpriced during this time.

connor_the_kid
Mar 23, 2013, 09:01 PM
I can't see noise blower being worth more than a couple of mil

Z-0
Mar 23, 2013, 09:16 PM
You also have to remember that the market for 10* items is drastically lower than that of... pretty much every tradeable item. Since you need premium, which I'd say about half of the population has, this artificially reduces "demand" (let's call it that). While many players have bought premium just to be able to buy 10*s, lots of people refuse to do so, so...

Things will still be overpriced the first few days though.

gigawuts
Mar 23, 2013, 09:31 PM
Yup. There are four main factors to consider...
1. Premium is required to buy (cuts down the buyers significantly)
2. A 10* must be sacrificed to buy (no buying just because, it must be something they want for either stats or looks)
3. You can redeem a 10* for 30 grinders or 1 excube -> ~120k price floor
4. Supply.

There are a couple factors for supply. First, and most obvious, there will be a TON of some items. Less obvious is that there may NOT be a ton of some other items. These items, regardless of their utility or demand, may be kept at high prices simply because the small number of sellers won't want to go lower.

NoiseHERO
Mar 23, 2013, 09:38 PM
And the effectiveness of sega's business tactics...

Even I'm planning to get premium for this at some point... sadly. e_e

So I can imagine a lot of people wil same mindset.

This will probably be the most premiums they ever sell all at once.

EvilMag
Mar 23, 2013, 09:51 PM
They should just have it where non-premium players have to fodder a 10* to buy a 10* while premium players don't have to.

Lostbob117
Mar 23, 2013, 10:09 PM
Well some rares are 1k and some are above 1mill.

GreenArcher
Mar 23, 2013, 11:07 PM
Yup. There are four main factors to consider...
1. Premium is required to buy (cuts down the buyers significantly)
2. A 10* must be sacrificed to buy (no buying just because, it must be something they want for either stats or looks)
3. You can redeem a 10* for 30 grinders or 1 excube -> ~120k price floor
4. Supply.

There are a couple factors for supply. First, and most obvious, there will be a TON of some items. Less obvious is that there may NOT be a ton of some other items. These items, regardless of their utility or demand, may be kept at high prices simply because the small number of sellers won't want to go lower.

Hurray, someone with basic economic knowledge!

Really bothers me when people try to speculate/comment on in game markets and have absolutely no idea how anything works, which is usually how these things go.

Alisha
Mar 24, 2013, 03:40 AM
something else to consider. anyone who bought premium package for vita has premium till the 29th at least if they used it on day 1.