PDA

View Full Version : Magless

LordApocho
Mar 22, 2013, 06:40 AM
Just wondering how hard is it regarding endgame builds to optimal damage without a mag? I'm trying to square off all my classes (30 hunter and 30 fighter while working on Gu/Ra and eventually Fo/Te), the only Mag is have right now is my S-attk mag from my hunter.

Zipzo
Mar 22, 2013, 07:52 AM
Is there any other answer you're expecting aside from "it's not optimal"?

jooozek
Mar 22, 2013, 08:23 AM
it all depends what race+gender are you playing
if you have a cast and want to play force without a tech mag
unless you invest SP in t-atk passives you are gimped as fuck

UnLucky
Mar 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
Well, you'll need to make up some of the required stats for equipment somehow, and Ranger has some extra skill points if you don't get Standing Snipe.

Depends on your race/gender as well.

You won't be too far gone, but definitely not optimal.

CelestialBlade
Mar 22, 2013, 11:57 AM
MAGs are mostly important for being able to equip things, and for high-end weapons and units, it's very important. Pure-stat-wise you're fine without as long as you can equip what you want, but higher-end stuff tends to have a decent power jump from the rest of the pack...well, assuming you can find any of it.

LordApocho
Mar 24, 2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks people for the responses, i was messing around with the skill simulator and this is what i decided on. not sure if i should max standing snipe or R-attk up.
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03IAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn000 000ib00000ibwdGF00009b0000Ib00000ib00000f

TERAGON1996
Mar 25, 2013, 01:18 AM
Really? Mags helps you equip better weapons? I don't think so, when I checked my stats when equiping my sword, I notice my S-atk is over 600 and yet, I CAN'T FREAKING EQUIP THE RED SWORD OR VITA CALIBUR!!!
NOW EXPALIN WHY CAN'T I EQUIP EITHER BOTH WEAPONS WHEN I HAVE A 50 S-ATK MAG WITH A 600 S-ATK STAT!!??(btw, when I check my stat requirement in the weapon box, it's only 557 only, explain that as well)

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2013, 01:27 AM
Calm down, dude.

1) 50 S-Atk on your mag is nothing. Get more.
2) Red weapons and 10*s are endgame equips.
3) Just capping out a Fi/Hu Cast with 50 S-Atk on your mag is enough to equip both of those things.
4) Equipment requirements are based on your character's base stats, which include your race, gender, class, skill tree, and mag's stats, but not other gear or affixes or buffs.

gigawuts
Mar 25, 2013, 01:31 AM
100 ATK from your mag or skill tree is going to be more than enough to let you equip basically everything you could possibly want. Having a mag for each class is absolutely not required, but it will mean having to sacrifice certain multiplier or support skills to do invest in the Stat Up skills instead. Examples are possibly having to give up some levels in hunter's JA Bonus, ranger's Standing Snipe, masteries on force, etc. Make sure to still get the staple skills - weak bullet, gears, step attack, just guard, stances, pp revival, bolt save, flame charge s, pp convert or pp restorate, that sort of stuff.

Pooling 20 SP into 2 ATK Ups will be all you need (and more) for basically everything by the time you're 50/50, unless you're looking at trying to equip a psycho wand you somehow found or something.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 25, 2013, 01:48 AM
Really? Mags helps you equip better weapons? I don't think so, when I checked my stats when equiping my sword, I notice my S-atk is over 600 and yet, I CAN'T FREAKING EQUIP THE RED SWORD OR VITA CALIBUR!!!
NOW EXPALIN WHY CAN'T I EQUIP EITHER BOTH WEAPONS WHEN I HAVE A 50 S-ATK MAG WITH A 600 S-ATK STAT!!??(btw, when I check my stat requirement in the weapon box, it's only 557 only, explain that as well)

You're going to argue with known facts because you couldn't figure out that your weapon and armor affixes aren't part of your base stats?

holmwood
Mar 25, 2013, 02:54 AM

Your base stat can be seen in parentheses next to the required stats.
Its your base stats that matter.

TERAGON1996
Mar 25, 2013, 07:52 PM
You're going to argue with known facts because you couldn't figure out that your weapon and armor affixes aren't part of your base stats?

Ok now I just checked my status again, it was 600 with Banther sets equips and goddamnit, my impatience got better on me, I know sets don't apply in the requirements but I was so eager to equip both swords that made me lose my mind