PDA

View Full Version : what exactly qualifies for standing snipe?

Alisha
Mar 23, 2013, 12:47 AM
if you step attack into additional bullet would you get bonus damage from standing snipe?

Coatl
Mar 23, 2013, 02:00 AM
No, you don't get standing snipe bonus if you step attack into an additional bullet.

ashley50
Mar 23, 2013, 03:03 AM
Standing...still?

Coatl
Mar 23, 2013, 03:12 AM
It's hard to explain. To say you have to stand completely still to gain standing snipe is vague, and inaccurate. Even using additional bullet standing still you actually gain horizontal distance, meaning the PA does move you, yet it still gives standing snipe bonus. Elder Rebellion can get standing snipe bonus in the air, even though you obviously flail around and are in air..

The best way to put it is that you have to be relatively not moving to get standing snipe bonus.

Bellion
Mar 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
You just have to stay still on the ground or in air before the next attack. If you stay on the ground and use a regular launcher attack, and then proceed to Rodeo Drive, you will get the SS Bonus on the Rodeo Drive.

For some PAs like Elder Rebellion, you have to stay in the air and JA into another Elder Rebellion immediately in order to get the SS Bonus.

For addition bullet, you can stay still on the ground and have time to fire a regular shot or two and then perform the addition bullet and you can get the SS Bonus. You can also get the SS Bonus if you perform it in the air, but you have to use 2 ABs in a row. The first AB in the air will allow you to stay still for a while and then you must time the JA well going into the second AB to get the SS Bonus. Air one is pretty much like Elder Rebellion, but the timing for consecutive ERs is much easier with the window of opportunity. Everything is simple once you get used to it.

Basically, you must not move forward, backward, left, right, up or down. Your arms and legs can move, as long as your character just remains in the same position.

kabutozero
Mar 24, 2013, 12:23 PM
the standing snipe bonus goes for the entirety of the pa if you started the pa while you were stopped , as long as you had the bonus when the PA was starting you won't lose it for that PA

That's why if you have the bonus and use an additional bullet even if you move with it's animation you're gonna keep the bonus it but if you link another additional bullet you already lost it since you moved with the first pa, so it is kinda wasteful. ER is better too since you can link 3-4 if you have the pa while in the air and 2-3 of them will have 30 % damage , so it's really good

Things like rodeo drive ,if you stop a bit before using it , like I said , you'll get the full bonus for that 1 pa even if you're moving with it

omgwtflolbbl
Mar 24, 2013, 04:06 PM
Is there a way for tmgs to get standing snipe bonus off a regular attack JA? I just tried to off some of the floating continent mobs, but I couldn't proc it off any of the regular attacks. I tried just simply standing there and waiting, then using a single normal attack JA'd into a PA, but I still couldn't get it. Do all of the ground normal attacks move you? I figure the second and third do, but I thought the first looked like you stand in place. And it doesn't seem like I can do it in the air, either, since I fall.

I know that multiplicative skills are better than flat skills like ratk up, but when it comes to popping chains and stuff, I generally can't think of a way to get a full PA off while taking advantage of standing snipe and JA. Double ER won't get the standing snipe bonus off the ER, and the chain bonus usually wears off by around the start of the second ER, so I'm starting to consider it. When I kill mobs, I tend to use my launcher from the air, so I don't get it then, either.

Bellion
Mar 24, 2013, 04:58 PM
With two ERs, you should get the SS bonus on the second ER. Try Satellite Aim for the chain finish if you want the SS Bonus as you should be able to get 2-3 SA PAs off and one of them should at least get the SS Bonus. As for launchers, try shooting one rocket on the ground and then use a PA like Cluster Bullet. SS Bonus with FI Stances works wonders with a high end launcher on AQ mobs.

And yes, all TMG regular attacks on the ground move you even if it's a very small step.

(Somewhat off-topic paragraph):
For TMGs, I'm sure you used to be able to get the SS bonus in the air on regular attacks provided you weren't an M CAST. Before they nerfed Aerial Shooting, my F Newman didn't fall at all with TMGs in the air. Oddly enough, my M CAST was always falling. I timed the JAs correctly for both and only my M CAST kept losing altitude. I'm sure not many people knew that gender and race affected how long you were able to stay in the air with TMGs with regular shots. Post aerial shooting nerf, both of my characters lose height at the same speed.

omgwtflolbbl
Mar 24, 2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I meant to say "double ER won't get the standing snipe bonus off the first ER", but I left out first lol. And I really should meant on the first ER, not off.

But so there's pretty much no way to get SS bonus off a JA'd normal TMG shot then? I knew about Satellite Aim, but my goal was to be able to use say ER or IF to chain finish and get the SS bonus with JA (double ER not counting since you only get like 3 shots off with SS bonus on the second ER before chain wears off).

Bellion
Mar 24, 2013, 10:43 PM
Nope, there is no way to get the SS bonus when using the regular TMG shots on the ground or in air. You would probably have to end up using two Satellite Aims in the air without ending the chain and then add in the ER. This may also work with IF if done right.

Alisha
Mar 24, 2013, 11:51 PM
that sounds rather complex for GS pa's other than aiming shot.