PDA

View Full Version : How do you target enemies?

Grady219
Mar 23, 2013, 07:19 AM
Out of the 3 ways to target enemies,(no lock-on, over the shoulder, or lock-on) what do you use most to target things? Most of the time I try to stick to no lock-on and if I'm fighting against something that has an easily hit weak point, I'll switch over to over the shoulder view so I can aim my shots at it.

Rien
Mar 23, 2013, 07:21 AM
I used to play as a tps mode only Hunter. I don't even know why, I just did it until I was lv 40, as if I didn't know anything else.

Then I pressed Z and everything became easy のヮの

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 07:26 AM
as a Fo I probably TPS 30% of the time, maybe a little more. Really depends on the situation and what tech I'm using.

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 07:55 AM
I don't even know what tps means. /forever alone

TenebriS
Mar 23, 2013, 07:57 AM

I think it means Third Person Shooter

Ezodagrom
Mar 23, 2013, 07:58 AM
Third person shooter mode, basically the aiming mode.

Husq
Mar 23, 2013, 07:58 AM

Third person shoulder camera or view, most of the time associated with third person shooters.

I always play in TPS, it is easier that way with kb+m

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks everyone. Now With the way I play.. um.... yeah. Not tps.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 08:11 AM
that's how you see me sending 1 foie barreling through waves of enemies. I aim it so it passes by instead of hitting head on. lets me clear out almost everything in a line. Also lets me center techs on the group instead of letting the game force me to aim off to the side.

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 08:16 AM
that's how you see be sending 1 foie barreling through waves of enemies. I aim it so it passes by instead of hitting head on. lets me almost everything in a line. Also lets me center techs on the group instead of letting the game force me to aim off to the side.

I did notice this as my lolhunter was attempting to reach the alien scum, beep boop.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 08:21 AM
lol yeah well that's how you get the most out of some techs. Also lets you aim techs like zonde and razan at things way far off in the distance (like energy domes and hit switches)

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 08:30 AM
lol yeah well that's how you get the most out of some techs. Also lets you aim techs like zonde and razan at things way far off in the distance (like energy domes and hit switches)

I just remembered.. you know how you went to move your car yesterday while hanging out with me and Himizu? She said "maybe he crashed his car". what was going through my head at that moment was, "I need to upgrade my car insurance". Lol....

As a FO I just hit z because it looks epic when you run around and mirage dash.

Z-0
Mar 23, 2013, 08:32 AM
TPS. It gives far superior control over pretty much anything. Techniques, Rifle/Launcher attacks, Sonic Arrows, Assault Busters, etc.

I only lock-on when it'd be easier, such as bosses like the Snow Cats or hitting a certain target behind another with a technique. Or when I'm lazy.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 08:33 AM
lol that's messed up xD

No, i was dealing with a chatty cathy. If I could just tell him "ok bye" I would have =(

Least we got a lot done.

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 08:34 AM
TPS. It gives far superior control over pretty much anything. Techniques, Rifle/Launcher attacks, Sonic Arrows, Assault Busters, etc.

I only lock-on when it'd be easier, such as bosses like the Snow Cats or hitting a certain target behind another with a technique. Or when I'm lazy.

I guess i'm just super lazy

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 23, 2013, 09:27 AM
I homing attack

Laxedrane
Mar 23, 2013, 10:30 AM
I usually let auto target take it's course. And only lock on to weak points. Or Shield mobs.

Railkune
Mar 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
Well I've recently started using my PS3 controller for playing, and I've found Lock-On to be my best option at present.

GreenArcher
Mar 23, 2013, 12:25 PM
I usually stick to no lock on, and use TPS for bosses. Sometimes you need the TPS though for strafing backwards while firing forward.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 23, 2013, 12:34 PM
I never really use over should view somehow. I never lock as a HU or FI, I do sometimes as the other classes though, mainly for WB or hitting a weak spot with a tech.

Syklo
Mar 23, 2013, 08:01 PM
I use all 3.
Auto lock for.....well, most things.
Manual lock for......well that should be obvious.
TPS Mode if manual lock fucks up and doesn't lock onto the part i need (raging waltz).

Renvalt
Mar 23, 2013, 08:26 PM
I use auto-lock for everything. I have piss poor aim otherwise and have to rely on the Gods of Lucky Aiming to hit anything.

It's why I can't pass MB11's Story Quest with 1k points - those Darkers move too fast. I can kill the Krahdas using Over End, but natural terrain blocks that, so the Dagans get away too easily. I lose confidence after that point.

And it's probably also why I get hit by boss attacks I never see coming - because I try to keep the part of whatever it is I'm fighting in my frontal view, the consequence being I don't pay attention to anything else around me.

Dragon_Knight
Mar 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
I generally use lock on for most of my tech and rifle spamming needs, easier to move around while still being able to hit things. I very rarely use auto target unless there are large crowds of enemies or I get a wide area to free fire Zan techs into. TPS is almost exclusively used for bosses and assorted flying monsters, for me its just easier but then again I spam Zan on bosses too.

Man I love Zan techs too much....

Nikoshae
Mar 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
I love Z targetting ... I re-bound it to the ~ key, though, to make it more convenient.

... I don't even remember how to get into TPS mode lol >.>;;

Blundy
Mar 25, 2013, 03:47 PM
i use tps for nearly anything, probably not the best idea, but it's what's comfortable for me.

if i'm just on the ship though i'll zoom out.