PDA

View Full Version : Account Issues

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 07:38 AM
Hi people,

I just started playing PSO2 a few weeks ago when it came out on the PSVita, mostly the reason I bought the Vita is for this game. I've been playing and everything seems fine, but today I've encountered a problem. I got this error 816 and after some googling I found out that I got banned. I was puzzled as I didn't do anything wrong as in cheating. Here are what I did in the past two days: I logged into the game in an internet cafe just to try it out on the PC, logged in for 5 mins to confirm it's working and logged out to play other games. Today I went back again and tried to log in with my friend, he successfully logged in and I started to get this problem. Also, I mistyped my password a few times during login as I was too used to the autologin in the Vita. The last missions I've played was a solo mission with Zenon for his client order and the last event I went to was White Day, I believed I played in the Vita server. I am a player from Singapore.

So here's the questions, what is the likely reason that I got banned and is there a way that I can appeal it? I can try to get help to type an appeal letter in Japanese. Thank you for reading and please help me.

Totori
Mar 23, 2013, 07:41 AM
It really doesn't seem like you got banned, can you take a picture of the error for us? Maybe it's another error.

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 07:49 AM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/57655655613217774036519.jpg/

Here is it.

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 07:51 AM
816 is a ban and then comes 606 error which is un-registering your sega ID aka ID limbo. I did nothing wrong and have the sane problem.. sorry for your trouble.

Rien
Mar 23, 2013, 07:58 AM
Where do you live?

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 08:02 AM
Where do you live?

Singapore.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 23, 2013, 08:09 AM
If you've just started, you'll be better off starting a brand new account really. Levels 1-30 have become considerably easier to achieve, and getting a response from Sega Support as a foreign player is about as likely as a Psycho Wand dropping for most people.

Since this is on Vita, you might need a new PSN as well though.

Just for the sake of curiosity:

are you using a JP PSN?
did you enter in any particularly suspicious sounding info when creating the PSN/Sega ID?
did you encounter any players who might have been hacking?

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 08:15 AM
If you've just started, you'll be better off starting a brand new account really. Levels 1-30 have become considerably easier to achieve, and getting a response from Sega Support as a foreign player is about as likely as a Psycho Wand dropping for most people.

Since this is on Vita, you might need a new PSN as well though.

Just for the sake of curiosity:

are you using a JP PSN?
did you enter in any particularly suspicious sounding info when creating the PSN/Sega ID?
did you encounter any players who might have been hacking?

Yeah I'm using a JP PSN, it is needed to even download the game.

I created the PSN on my PS3 and the sega ID on their official site, don't think there's any problem there.

Not that I know of, but you never know?

I know it's probably better to restart just finding out if there's anything I can do about it first before restarting. If it's possible to appeal I would like to at least try first.

I wonder if the problem might be with the Internet Cafe? As in multiple accounts logged in at the same place? Or other issues with it?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 08:23 AM
I dunno I got to 41 in 4 days....Appealing is generally fruitless and being a little aggressive about your COs can get you to high levels really fast.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 23, 2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah I'm using a JP PSN, it is needed to even download the game.

I created the PSN on my PS3 and the sega ID on their official site, don't think there's any problem there.

Not that I know of, but you never know?

I know it's probably better to restart just finding out if there's anything I can do about it first before restarting. If it's possible to appeal I would like to at least try first.

I wonder if the problem might be with the Internet Cafe? As in multiple accounts logged in at the same place?

True, but there was that one guy on the forum who bought the Vita game card and used it with his US PSN ID. :3 If you downloaded it, then yes, you do need a JP PSN ID.

You can try (do get someone who can write something in Japanese for you of course)to appeal, but the odds are very low, especially as you aren't from Japan. I say save yourself the pain and start anew. :3

It might well be the Internet cafe's connection is flagged as a problem spot, but having multiple accounts logged on in the same area isn't an issue. The game is meant to be played with friends after all. :3

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 08:32 AM
True, but there was that one guy on the forum who bought the Vita game card and used it with his US PSN ID. :3 If you downloaded it, then yes, you do need a JP PSN ID.

You can try (do get someone who can write something in Japanese for you of course)to appeal, but the odds are very low, especially as you aren't from Japan. I say save yourself the pain and start anew. :3

It might well be the Internet cafe's connection is flagged as a problem spot, but having multiple accounts logged on in the same area isn't an issue. The game is meant to be played with friends after all. :3

My friend logged in successfully in the same Internet Cafe before I encountered the problem, is it a problem spot in that case? And if it is then is his account in danger too?

I'll try to appeal and if it's fruitless I will restart, thanks for the advices, they were really helpful. Now where do I submit this appeal and any guidelines or formats I should follow?

Oh yeah and last thing, is it possible that this is just a suspension as opposed to a ban? Will I receive anything from sega to update me about this?

Eveningxtar
Mar 23, 2013, 08:38 AM
Well, out of curiosity, have any foreign players that have their account ban successfully got their account restored after a appeal no matter how slim the chances are?

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 09:02 AM
That's really helpful, thanks!

I never talk in the game at all as I don't understand the language, I only asked for help when I died and that's it. The "worst" thing I did in game was leeching and looting during White Day but they can't ban me for that???

For the name, should I use my own or should I fake a Japanese name to increase my chance of success? Haha.

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 09:37 AM
"Were you loud and spamming SA's in the lobby? I know a lot of Japanese players complain about english players who spam stuff in lobbies or who are especially, erm, vibrant (Like Aya)"

What is that supposed to mean!? Lol!! I don't spam at all.

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 09:39 AM
816 is a ban and then comes 606 error which is un-registering your sega ID aka ID limbo. I did nothing wrong and have the sane problem.. sorry for your trouble.

So what did you do? Just restart?

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 09:42 AM
So what did you do? Just restart?

Sent an appeal inquiry thing and now waiting. I also made a new account to play and hang out with friends on pso2.

I had a ton of AC purchases put into it as well as high level classes... oh well!

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
Sent an appeal inquiry thing and now waiting. I also made a new account to play and hang out with friends on pso2.

I had a ton of AC purchases put into it as well as high level classes... oh well!

How did you send the appeal inquiry? Similar to what AIDA said? If you get any response let us know, it could show that there's some hope after all haha.

Eveningxtar
Mar 23, 2013, 09:47 AM
Good luck to both of you I guess (^-^)

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 09:49 AM
"Were you loud and spamming SA's in the lobby? I know a lot of Japanese players complain about english players who spam stuff in lobbies or who are especially, erm, vibrant (Like Aya)"

What is that supposed to mean!? Lol!! I don't spam at all.

It's cause you run around speaking halfanese in a southern accent O_O

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 09:56 AM
It's cause you run around speaking halfanese in a southern accent O_O

I don't often use much other then standard or try not to. Haha..!! Half english half japanese? Lol

Coatl
Mar 23, 2013, 10:01 AM
This is getting pretty out of hand..

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
yeah I dunno lol. I dont consider you overly energetic or anything based on my experience with you...so I can't really comment.

the bans? yeah

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 10:08 AM
How did you send the appeal inquiry? Similar to what AIDA said? If you get any response let us know, it could show that there's some hope after all haha.

Follow Aida's post as they are your best chance.. and believe me... if I get my account back, everyone will know.

DestinyWings
Mar 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
Follow Aida's post as they are your best chance.. and believe me... if I get my account back, everyone will know.

You filled in your real name?

~Aya~
Mar 23, 2013, 10:28 AM
You filled in your real name?

In kanji and then put sega id in the body of the appeal.

sabitsuki
Mar 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
Just wondering, since no one wants to reply in my own thread, what is the appeal process when you have a hangame ID? Do you still appeal to SEGA?

Perle
Mar 23, 2013, 04:22 PM
Wish I could help. But without a lick of Japanese, I'd pretty much helpless in the same situation.

The bannings seem pretty sporadic, but its still worrying.

Kion
Mar 23, 2013, 08:34 PM
I mean you can just start a new character, but at this point it's worrisome that you can get randomly banned for no reason.

DestinyWings
Mar 25, 2013, 02:36 AM
In kanji and then put sega id in the body of the appeal.

AIDA posted two links which link should I use for my current situation?

Crystal_Shard
Mar 25, 2013, 02:52 AM
From AIDA's post:

If you can still login to your Sega ID somehow: https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/

If you can't login to anything: http://ssl.pso2.jp/inquiry/

.Jack
Mar 25, 2013, 02:59 AM

What is getting out of hand exactly? I tend to sign on my vita daily to check my shop so I'm not privy to any of this banning issue.

I cant say I believe the op entirely looking at his post count and join date. Are there other credible posters that have gone through this problem?

blace
Mar 25, 2013, 03:06 AM
You have Aya posting her dilemma and then there was the case around launch in which MissMalice had her account banned, forcing her to restart.

.Jack
Mar 25, 2013, 03:24 AM
You have Aya posting her dilemma and then there was the case around launch in which MissMalice had her account banned, forcing her to restart.

Ah, I see, thanks. Looks like it's a very slim chance for this to happen.

Eveningxtar
Mar 25, 2013, 03:55 AM
Well OP only started posting in this forum when his account got ban. As for why players get ban, I guess it is pretty random unless others can share some insight to any theory of how they got ban(aside from bot,hack or RMT)

sabitsuki
Mar 25, 2013, 04:12 AM
Well OP only started posting in this forum when his account got ban. As for why players get ban, I guess it is pretty random unless others can share some insight to any theory of how they got ban(aside from bot,hack or RMT)

Severe lag when trying to grind weapons... that's what I've experienced before getting banned. Other ppl reported severe lag in maps. The so-called "data abnormality" theory.

DestinyWings
Mar 25, 2013, 04:18 AM
From AIDA's post:

If you can still login to your Sega ID somehow: https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/

If you can't login to anything: http://ssl.pso2.jp/inquiry/

I see, thanks very much! EDIT: Just tried, I can log in my sega id on their site.

What is getting out of hand exactly? I tend to sign on my vita daily to check my shop so I'm not privy to any of this banning issue.

I cant say I believe the op entirely looking at his post count and join date. Are there other credible posters that have gone through this problem?

I was googling when I encountered this problem and found this site, saw other posters with similar problems and they got help, some even managed to fix their problem so I thought this would be a good site for me to get some help. This is a legitimate problem and I even provided a screenshot.

Eveningxtar
Mar 25, 2013, 05:54 AM
So the best way to avoid getting ban as a "legit" player would be to try avoiding areas when abnormalities happen or if players name are a cluster of random word...

Yunfa
Mar 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
Don't worry, we're not looking for a witchhunt here. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I told my situation to my friend who has worked as a doctor in Japan, and he told me that in Japan, specifically in online games (he has worked for one for 8 months) told me that instead of being "innocent until proven guilty," its "you are guilty until proven innocent."

He told me he would help me by calling SEGA support specifically for PSO2, I wonder if that will even make a difference...

DestinyWings
Mar 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
Just sent in the appeal, hopefully it goes well.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 26, 2013, 09:20 AM
Hopefully your appeal goes through. It must suck to lose your account. I'd probably stop playing if I lost mine.

DestinyWings
Apr 24, 2013, 12:20 PM
Still no reply from SEGA, I guess I'll make a new account. Thanks to everyone for helping!

Mecoollica
May 10, 2014, 01:34 PM
Good afternoon, I come here to pay my indignation, I was playing two days ago and when suddenly took a Dc, good until Normal ae can happen but when I log this error appeared ess 816 とい 教え て いただけ ませ ん か. and I discovered that I was banned unfairly do not know why, two years dedicating the game and finish so I'm very sad to think that having to start from scratch, do not know if I will continue to jogar.Bom esperaça that I will be having my acc again, is it temporary or definitive ban this because I can still make my login in harvest. Appreciate if anyone had this unpleasant experience and tells me what the procedure as already emailed to harvest that will be difficult to read xd I'm waiting until more of a help.

Chaton37
Jul 20, 2014, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone

Looks like we are many banned victims every days....
I got that error 816 on tuesday 16th around 4 am after logging off
for unknown reasons.Well the day after i've msg'd the support asking what was that about ?? and i just got a reply today in the morning... here's the reply :

We are sorry but the sega support is reserved to the japanese community.
We can not answer to your demand.
We were told that you broke the rules of this game and i was allowed to put a end to your services.

Even if you keep contacting us there is nothing we can do for you.
I hope that you understand that we are sorry.

Banned for breaking the rules ?? Woaww.. what did i do ? could they even tell me what i done to deserve this ?? The only thing i did is using a vpn as everyone does but everyone else havent been banned for this have they ?

Please if anyone got into the same shit that i'm in at the moment and got his ban lifted please let me know because i've spent so much time,efforts and money into this game and i dont want to lose my account :'(

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 20, 2014, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone

Looks like we are many banned victims every days....
I got that error 816 on tuesday 16th around 4 am after logging off
for unknown reasons.Well the day after i've msg'd the support asking what was that about ?? and i just got a reply today in the morning... here's the reply :

We are sorry but the sega support is reserved to the japanese community.
We can not answer to your demand.
We were told that you broke the rules of this game and i was allowed to put a end to your services.

Even if you keep contacting us there is nothing we can do for you.
I hope that you understand that we are sorry.

Banned for breaking the rules ?? Woaww.. what did i do ? could they even tell me what i done to deserve this ?? The only thing i did is using a vpn as everyone does but everyone else havent been banned for this have they ?

Please if anyone got into the same shit that i'm in at the moment and got his ban lifted please let me know because i've spent so much time,efforts and money into this game and i dont want to lose my account :'(

You were banned because you necrobumped this post.

Chaton37
Jul 20, 2014, 05:03 PM
Such a formidable guy.

blace
Jul 20, 2014, 05:07 PM
For one, playing the game outside of Japan is an offense. What triggered the ban could be anything from exploiting a bug, someone reporting you for something or you're playing with a VPN that changed the its IP so often getting your account flagged for being possibly stolen.

The first and foremost rule is that they won't help you because of their limited services to Japan only players.