PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Questions about my Force

Nakuri
Mar 23, 2013, 09:04 AM
Greetings there!

I'm slowly progressing with my Force Level 23. And I have a few questions I would like to have answered. I'm looking mostly for orientation, so I hope you can give me a hint.

1) I'm hearing about a Fire/Thunder Stereotype Build? Why is it so strong, what are the quintessences of it? Why not Ice? Are there any alternatives that proved worthy as well?

2) I have a T-ATK of 750 currently. My Staff is +8 and my armorparts all have Ragne Soul. My Mag has Technique 36 and Dexterity 9. Is it wrong to go for full T-ATK or are there other stats I should better consider? Currently I'm aiming to get Charged Boost from the Fire Tree, as it sounds effective to me as I mostly charge my skills. Is there any situation where an uncharged skill is more useful?

3) I'm aiming to become a Techer later as I like to play supports and Healers. I heard already that the Shifta Critical isn't that useful as Deband Cut. I think I will appreciate to go Fighter as Subclass, as I also like to go Hybrid. Is it a must to go for Wands as soon as I'm a Techer or will Rods still do? As of right now, I'm mostly using Zan and Gigrants, I think they're handy and are strong in general. Should I consider that when I skill my Techer? (Wind/Holy Mastery). Also, it is a little thing for me to play with a Melee Weapon like a Double Saber. Is it any able to include that in any viable way? (I know that even making Double Saber on Te/Fi viable is far from the optimum of a strong character).

4) As of right now, I just have my 8+ Rod from which I'm getting a lot of T-ATK. Besides that, I'm using a Talis Legacy and a Ray Duplex Gunslash. So nothing strong or special. Should I keep all weapons strong and up to date? I just feel how I use the Rod mostly anyway. How to you regain PP mostly? I'm somestime uncertain if I should throw Talis or use the Gunslash Shooting. Mostly I'm meleeing with Rod again. Any tips on that?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 23, 2013, 09:41 AM
Some of your questions are answered in my build thread, but basically the reason ice tree is bad is actually a bit layered.

Ice's main skills outside of boosting ice are photon flare and freeze ignition. Freeze ignition is a horrible skill and should never be used. It's unreliable, requires absurdly close range and damage wise it's not terribly potent. Photon Flare is very powerful early on, but later, its bonuses are actually less potent than Charge Advance and it requires going deep into a tree that offers nothing else.

Most ice techs are bad. The only one that's remotely good is Gibarta and in most situation there are better techs, which brings us to why Fire and Bolt.

Foie, Safoie Rafoie and even Gifoie are potent techs with amazing effects, like the massive AoE of Safoie and Gifoie, the line damage from Foie and the long range instant damage from Rafoie. Also the tree itself is great. Both charge advances are there as well as PP Charge Revival. Fire techs also grant great due to their speed boost from Flame Tech S charge.

Meanwhile Bolt techs, most notably Zonde and Zondeel are incredibly powerful and with bolt tech PP save are very cheap (sustainable) You also get Tech JA Advance, which means between the fire tree and bolt tree you can get 33% bonus damage to all techs.

Also note that most every enemy in the game with a few exceptions is weak to either flame or bolt, making them highly universal techs.

Most dark techs are useless but subbing techer you're going to be getting at least some level of dark and light mastery since the PP regen skills are nested in there.

Wand is bad. you're better off using an umblla stick or high en talis. Short version about wand's issues:
Slower casting speed.
Low DPS for a melee weapon.

Avoid wind mastery as there's nothing in that tree that you want, but if you're going to get wand gear you may as well put a single point into wind mastery.

Shifta Critical is bad because crits themselves are bad. Better to sub Techer and get all the benefits of techer for your Fo and lose nothing from the Fo side (like rod).

PP regen is tricky and largly depends on preference. I prefer to melee but others have their own feelings about it. I dont like switching to GS because switching is a hastle, you lose damage when casting even with a ray duplex and dont want a bunch of attack techs on my sub palette. since that's where my resta anti shifta deband PB moons etc are located. no room and even more complicated scrolling through whole palettes.

Hope that helps

Nakuri
Mar 23, 2013, 11:46 AM
Thank you very much that you took your time to answer me on some of my questions. Now that I'm thinking of it, I really like the Fire Tree, especially for PP Revival.

and lose nothing from the Fo side (like rod).

Does this mean that Techer cannot equip Rod?

Still, a few questions are left and I hope to find some answers on it. :)

2) I have a T-ATK of 750 currently. My Staff is +8 and my armorparts all have Ragne Soul. My Mag has Technique 36 and Dexterity 9. Is it wrong to go for full T-ATK or are there other stats I should better consider? Currently I'm aiming to get Charged Boost from the Fire Tree, as it sounds effective to me as I mostly charge my skills. Is there any situation where an uncharged skill is more useful?

3)Also, it is a little thing for me to play with a Melee Weapon like a Double Saber. Is it any able to include that in any viable way? (I know that even making Double Saber on Te/Fi viable is far from the optimum of a strong character).

Bellion
Mar 23, 2013, 11:58 AM
Techter cannot use the Rod. They can use special Rods that allow for any class to equip.
As for skill trees:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03bIbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn000 000ib00000ib00000ib00004OIk2XcK000064OdqjdsI2J24QH N0006 - Pure Fire

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03bIbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn000 000ib00000ib00000ib00004OI22S6cAcAcK00064OdqjdsI2J 24QHN0006 - Pure Bolt

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03bIbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn000 000ib00000ib00000ib00004OI22XIxjbncAIw00064OdqjdsI 2J24QHN0006 - Hybrid

Abilities on your armor should be T-atk souls like Ragne and aim for Tech 3 on them as well. Don't get the T-atk boosts on your skill tree. Depending on which type of armor you want, raise your mag to have at least(go for more) 100 T-atk, I'd say go for 30 Ability/Dex for equipping certain units.

There are situations where you can damage an enemy with a charged tech and then finish it with an uncharged tech. You should be charging your techs almost every time, unless you encounter a situation like that.

TE/FI only has access to the Double Saber Legacy and Fossil Victor for the Double Saber equipment which doesn't really do too well if you care about ouputting a lot of damage.
I really can't comment that much on this since I don't play a TE/FI hybrid class.

Nakuri
Mar 23, 2013, 02:19 PM
I read a lot about the Techer now and saw the grief of many players how weak it is as Mainclass. If I would aim for a Magic-focussed Character, I would also go FO/TE or maybe FO/FI. But as I'm interested in playing some sort of Hybrid, I will go probably for the FI/FO variant.

But as I heard so far, I cannot use magic while holding a Double Saber, is that right? So I would need to switch to Umblla in order to use any magic?

Is it true that being a Support with Resta/Anti and S/D isn't really as efficient as it used to be? Is the meta of the game really "Aim for highest damage and survive well" like in GW2?

I really hope that they'll buff the Wand, because I really sympathize with the Techer Class, but it seems it is only good as Subclass.

Bellion
Mar 23, 2013, 02:51 PM
You can use technics with a Double Saber if you put them on your subpalette. You're better off casting technics with an Umbra Stick, though.

As of right now, support spells really do need a buff. The small range of the support spells don't help at all, 1 minute duration(4 pulses with 15 seconds each) per Shifta and Deband makes it require constant re-casting. Territory Burst from the TE tree does help the range of the support spells, but it needs more.

As for "Aim for highest damage and survive well." That's how I see it right now. They need to like bring back the range of the support spells in PSU and make Shifta and Deband last for more than just a minute.

holmwood
Mar 23, 2013, 04:44 PM
I read a lot about the Techer now and saw the grief of many players how weak it is as Mainclass. If I would aim for a Magic-focussed Character, I would also go FO/TE or maybe FO/FI. But as I'm interested in playing some sort of Hybrid, I will go probably for the FI/FO variant.

I felt the same way.

My experiences with a Te/Fi . . . well chase advance is neat when it is applicable for wand strike, but that's pretty much it. I felt it kind of boring doing jump > strike x3> mirage escape > repeat, and I always have to chase after bosses (I chose a tech user for variety, not normal attacking!). On regular mobs, my pp was hardly enough to kill them; not to mention having fire techs slow and lightning techs as pp inefficient was a major turn off. Primarily relying on melee, I would have to have several wands for different element weaknesses, and that was costly for no reason!

Now I'm just happy with Fo/Fi using wired lance or double saber legacy + step attack for pp regen and coolness. And it wouldn't be hard to switch to Fi/Fo when decent all-class fighter weapons do come out. :???:

UnLucky
Mar 23, 2013, 06:06 PM
Is it wrong to go for full T-ATK or are there other stats I should better consider? Currently I'm aiming to get Charged Boost from the Fire Tree, as it sounds effective to me as I mostly charge my skills. Is there any situation where an uncharged skill is more useful?Always always go for T-Atk, unless you need a little Dex/T-Def in order to equip something. T-Atk will raise your damage the most, even as a Techer.

As for uncharged techs, generally not a good idea. Shifta/Deband give you the same bonus, but charging them increases the range and amount of ticks. So if you're solo, an uncharged one gives you up to 30s of the buff, but taking the time to charge gives you 1m if you wait for all four of the ticks to land. Same Atk/Def bonus either way. Also Megiverse gives the same 25% life steal, charging just increases the size/duration of the field.

As of right now, I'm mostly using Zan and Gigrants, I think they're handy and are strong in general. Should I consider that when I skill my Techer? (Wind/Holy Mastery).You can specialize a bit in Wind or Light masteries, but you might not be able to get all the other skills you want.

Techer tree with a bit extra Light (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03bobdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbxiJIO7b In000000ib00000ib00000ib0000Io00000f4OdqIbfdFIkJ24 Q50007) or a more wind focused tree (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03bobdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbxiJIO7b In000000ib00000ib00000ib0000Io00000f4OdqIkidI2J24Q 50007).

As of right now, I just have my 8+ Rod from which I'm getting a lot of T-ATK. Besides that, I'm using a Talis Legacy and a Ray Duplex Gunslash. So nothing strong or special. Should I keep all weapons strong and up to date? I just feel how I use the Rod mostly anyway. How to you regain PP mostly? I'm sometimes uncertain if I should throw Talis or use the Gunslash Shooting. Mostly I'm meleeing with Rod again. Any tips on that?
A rod will always make for better tech damage than an equivalent talis/wand or any other weapon type. However, if you find a rare talis/wand before a rare rod, or just really like that playstyle better, then by all means upgrade that one. Your gunslash won't ever do too much damage, but it is really good for quick and easy PP regen from a distance. If you're close up, you can just use your rod's melee attack.

A talis can be all-in-one if you hate switching weapons, and it's got some good utility that rods don't. It takes getting used to, and unleashes weaker techs than with a rod so it's generally not a first choice, but some people swear by it. It's not a bad idea to upgrade both a rod and a talis, but I'd say to upgrade the rod first. Support techs will be the same even if your weapon is bad, so you could always just keep an old unupgraded talis for that purpose.