PDA

View Full Version : Clone Battle Questions & Behaviour Interest

AzureBlaze
Mar 23, 2013, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know if an evil clone's mag has infinite energy?
Why does evil clone's mag PB NOT try to kill you?

I ran into a clone for the first time the other day. Was on my alt class (Fighter) so not like...super high lvl only 39 or so. Best item is that purple Irritata Stone Exchange Sword.

Some lady in the black cake sister outfit pops up, she's got the Black King Bar & the standard 'punching' looking HU mag. My best hit vs her is 789 with Over End. Every other wep does like 50s or 30s or whatever.

But then, about every 3 minutes or so, the mag wiggles around and heals her for 8751 HP or around that amount. I think, even if you over ended her a zillion times, if it had inf energy the DPS wouldn't be high enough to actually EVER kill the clone.

The point is moot anyway because a friend came in who had never seen a clone before so we just beat her together & had some fun. But that mag thing made me curious...as it seems it WOULD be unbeatable at that level/with that equip/with only 1 person if the energy was inf.

Has anyone used a clone to kill everything enemy wise in an area?
If you "lead" a clone along, it will use it's better than NPC Partner AI to kill every NONdarker monster that you bring it up to, while you reap the exp. They naturally ignore darkers, which makes sense.

Has anyone forced a clone to fight a boss?
What happened, did it win or did the boss whittle the hp off it?

Why do clones seem distracted sometimes?
If you're far enough away, they'll do things like inspect bushes, wander along walls, hop up and down in front of rocks and meander about. You'd think it'd make a bee-line for you with murder in mind but...kinda not. Sometimes you don't even have to be far.

Did anything really interesting ever happen while you fought a clone?
Do you think clone fighting is as cool as it's cracked up to be, or did it dissapoint in some way?
(I think it's a great addition to the game, and livens it up)

Now that I have seen one, I'm interested in what everyone thinks.

Blackheart521
Mar 24, 2013, 01:40 AM
The main thing with clones is they're usually either laughably easy or extremely OP depending on your level... if they had better balance they'd be better but as of now they just make me go "oh cool it's "X" persons character" not "man this was like a mini boss battle against a real person's character." ^^;

Dnd
Mar 24, 2013, 02:27 AM
Why do clones seem distracted sometimes?

Did anything really interesting ever happen while you fought a clone?

Heres my thoughts on the top one, anyway: Clones are, effectively darkers, when they clone your character I've always thought they clone everything, apart from your memory (because coping that is super hard!). So when your clone spawns it reverts into an almost chlid-like state of curiosity, as everything is 'new' - I guess if your not in the direct line of sight of the clone the curiosity overrides its desire to kill you. *ahem*

The best thing that's happened to me, was in a party of 4 in floating continent, when the 4 clones spawned, mine was there, but just stood still. We kill the other 3 after moving a little bit back. When we return to the spawn point, my clone disappeared. About 10 mins of hunting later we bump into it halfway across the map killing dragonkin and actually hitting them quite hard aswell.

Rien
Mar 24, 2013, 02:44 AM
Clones have a shorter agro range than most mobs, which is why it loses interest in you quite quickly.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 24, 2013, 07:56 AM
On other news, Lightning Rods in Skyland do wonders versus clones...
The smell of barbeque in the morning...

Syklo
Mar 24, 2013, 06:50 PM
You can make clones hit other darkers if it's panicked.

Or each other for that matter. Fun sight.
As for dealing with dem mag healers......poison does the job.

Du1337
Mar 25, 2013, 02:10 AM
Clones are hard man.... Take longer than a sub boss... Any tips on how to beat them?

Syklo
Mar 25, 2013, 02:40 AM
Clones are hard man.... Take longer than a sub boss... Any tips on how to beat them?
Poison
Stun
Lift/throw them.

Nikoshae
Mar 25, 2013, 11:38 AM
I've never run into a clone ... that sounds terrifying >.>

AzureBlaze
Mar 25, 2013, 06:13 PM
To Du1337
Aside from what Syklo has said...the few things I know of starting with the best is

Get more than 1 person vs a clone:
That whole "easily distracted" thing really helps. They totally lose their focus when presented with more than one person. My friend who jumped in...was just able to totally spam any attack he wanted while the clone tried to chase/hit just me. If it tried to go after him, I would just start hitting it instead. Adding another person to the battle really seems to wrap them up quickly/make them WAY easier to deal with.

Lifting: I could lift it all day with knives, but my best knife was still doing like 10 to 18 damg per hit. 1 person can lift while another shoots or beats on with a sword though. They're not going to do anything while lifted.

Trapping: if you have traps that do SE's, or reliable weps that inflict them, that's cool too because things like burn and poision I think do a percentage of their HP...and since their HP is really high, that translates to good damage. I don't have anything that reliably SE's anything though.

Throwing: I had poor luck with throwing. Sure I can baseball bat smack her across the room with my sword, but that just seemed to make the hitbox go away (upon standing or laying, she was unhittable to me) It's good for if you need a break to heal or reconfig something though.

Forces seem to have decent luck because they can afflict a SE at a distance, then just run around teasing the clone while it is on fire.

That you actually have to have topics like this, on beating them effectively & good strategies also shows that they're not just any ordinary enemy & it is more exciting to fight.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 25, 2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah, burn and poison are percentage based. At lower levels, easily your best way of dealing damage to them (and even then if they have high defense in your relevant attack stat, they might take more damage from burn/poison than they do from regular attacks). As for launching a clone, they have the same invincibility times as players do, which is why their hitbox seems to go away. It's probably not very noticeable since, as far as I know, they never, ever dodge.

I think yeah, any class combo with techs is going to have an advantage against Clones compared to other classes, due to the fact that you can just inflict burn/poison and then launch them with Razan. If the status dies out or gets overridden by mirage, it's relatively simple to apply it again, since, as far as I can tell, Clones do not have any form of status resistance.

That being said, techs barely scratch Clones of Force players due to their huge T-DEF. To be honest, Clones of Force classes would appear to be most dangerous in general, from what I've heard and experienced, and from what I've seen, they're pretty common, too...

zandra117
Mar 26, 2013, 02:11 AM
Can you encounter clones of characters from other ships?

I want to make a defense oriented character with the intention of making a clone that is hard to kill and for laughs I want it to have no weapons or techs and the most offensive mag possible. I will call it the MAG TAMER!

Anyone know what the most aggressive mag for combat would be?

Blackheart521
Mar 26, 2013, 02:53 AM
Can you encounter clones of characters from other ships?

I want to make a defense oriented character with the intention of making a clone that is hard to kill and for laughs I want it to have no weapons or techs and the most offensive mag possible. I will call it the MAG TAMER!

Anyone know what the most aggressive mag for combat would be?

You could really pick any mag since you can change it's Photon Blast and Action with items

Yutaka20
Mar 26, 2013, 03:27 AM
hmmm do they regen hp if walk away from them
or if u are killed by them x.x
i came across a force clone.she practically took 1 dmg from all my spells but the fire ticked on her 200+
nevertheless her skill just 1 hits me zzz
i dont think we can see their hp as well right?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 26, 2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah, Clone HP is not visible, but you can get a good indication of their health if they set auto-words when their health hits 30/10%.