PDA

View Full Version : Block 20 Realization

Shinamori
Mar 24, 2013, 05:48 AM
Block 20 is great and all and it does have helpful people, that is until the Dark Falz event. I never had any experience like that one guy did, but cooperation is minimum. People will say "destroy the arms!". Yes, people still shoot his core. At the end, we oly manage to may destroy about 6 of his arms. I hear is possible to destroy all of his arms. So, what do guys do? Just go a different block? If so, which block?

Mekhana
Mar 24, 2013, 05:59 AM
Normally 9, 10 or 11.

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 06:01 AM
Did this need a new thread? Join the Very Hard (ベリーハード) blocks and break all the arms nine times out of ten.

Meji
Mar 24, 2013, 07:06 AM
Block 20 is great and allHaha, I beg to differ.

Either way, yeah, B-20 is filled up with all different kind of ENG-speaking players, which makes it a non-suitable place for a Dark Falz party.

Also, you can brake all of Dark Falz's arms except for his two lowest ones.

ikarius030
Mar 24, 2013, 08:42 AM
I was on Block 12 (I think) yesterday night questing when someone joined up my team and EQ started so we finished my quest and went for Normal EQ (considering our level). Our problem wasn't the coordination of people or whatever... We were 4 people (Level 14 Ranger, that would be me, Level 18 Hunter, Level 21 Hunter and Level 27 Hunter). We were able to successfully take out the arms part twice. Then, Elder came up and only I and the Level 18 Hunter remained, we waited for more people for like 10 minutes, no one else showed up. We tried to duo it (we timed out)... That sucked, but then it was a lot of fun and a good practice to see the Elder's pattern.

Just sharing my experience lol

Husq
Mar 24, 2013, 08:51 AM
I was on Block 12 (I think) yesterday night questing when someone joined up my team and EQ started so we finished my quest and went for Normal EQ (considering our level). Our problem wasn't the coordination of people or whatever... We were 4 people (Level 14 Ranger, that would be me, Level 18 Hunter, Level 21 Hunter and Level 27 Hunter). We were able to successfully take out the arms part twice. Then, Elder came up and only I and the Level 18 Hunter remained, we waited for more people for like 10 minutes, no one else showed up. We tried to duo it (we timed out)... That sucked, but then it was a lot of fun and a good practice to see the Elder's pattern.

Just sharing my experience lol

But block 9-14 is designated atm for very hard difficulty. Why would you join those blocks, if you are leveling a low level class?
Try using the cross blocks match maker thing to find a MPA, if you join in late for falz elder or noone else on you block is running it.

ikarius030
Mar 24, 2013, 10:35 AM
But block 9-14 is designated atm for very hard difficulty. Why would you join those blocks, if you are leveling a low level class?
Try using the cross blocks match maker thing to find a MPA, if you join in late for falz elder or noone else on you block is running it.

I was on this block because I didn't pay attention and probably ended there randomly as I was logging on. I didn't notice it was a VH block until you just mentionned it to me, then it makes perfect sense I wouldn't find any other player for the EQ yesterday night lol.

But thanks for pointing it out.

Bunansa
Mar 24, 2013, 12:04 PM
PC-only Blocks
1-2: Beginner
3-4: Normal
5-8: Hard
9-14: Very Hard
15: Forest VH
16: Volcanic Caves VH
17: Desert VH
18: Tundra VH
19: Subterranean Tunnels VH
20: Floating Continent VH
21: Ruins VH
22-23: Time Attack
24-28: Advanced
29-31: Play Style
32: Premium Set

Hybrid Blocks
201-202: Beginner
203-205: Normal
206-208: Hard
209-211: Very Hard
212: Time Attack
213-214: Advanced
215: Solo Play
216: Chat
217-218: Play Style

Vita-only Blocks:
101-103: Beginner
104-108: Normal
109-116: Hard
117-121: Very Hard
122: Time Attack
123: Advanced Quest
124-128: Free Play Style

Kudos and enjoy.

supersonix9
Mar 24, 2013, 12:06 PM
Block 20 has gotten more tolerable lately.

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 12:12 PM
Block 20 has gotten more tolerable lately.

The majority of the trolls are on vacation.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 24, 2013, 12:17 PM
The majority of the trolls are on vacation.

*Imagines a bunch of trolls [mythological trolls, mind you] sitting in beach chairs with sunglasses and palm trees.* :lol:

Reiketsu
Mar 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
*Imagines a bunch of trolls [mythological trolls, mind you] sitting in beach chairs with sunglasses and palm trees.* :lol:

And soon in a hot spring wearing wet bath towels.

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 12:50 PM
And soon in a hot spring wearing wet bath towels.

Does that make us trolls, too?

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 24, 2013, 12:51 PM
This is like a plan to get me lumped in

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 12:58 PM
This is like a plan to get me lumped in

We want your eyes

GreenArcher
Mar 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
So we loathe block 20. I wonder how the eventual western version population will be..

Shinamori
Mar 24, 2013, 02:26 PM
Well, shouldn't bee too much of a problem. I imagine people will just be split up in different blocks. There may be the designated "French" or "German" blocks, just like Ship2 : Block20 is the "designated " English block.

Galil AR
Mar 24, 2013, 02:26 PM
Seems like a block you need to avoid. >.>

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 24, 2013, 02:52 PM
I had no problem with 20 during my Normal,H level grinding...

It's just Falz specifically where people seem to be like "uhhhhh.......what arms do we hit now? the bottoms ones? Got it!"
Spamming zonde based spells when NONE of the arms have been destroyed yet....
We say numerous times not to attack those...still doing it...
In long run....only destroyed like 1-2 arms -.-

Z-0
Mar 24, 2013, 02:59 PM
I 'm still not sure why people refuse to Zonde until all the breakable arms which don't need Shock are broken. It seems counter-productive, because then your shock damage is hitting stuff which can't be broken, which can cause Falz to take too much damage so you can't break all his arms anyway.

All my fastest runs were done with Shocks in the middle, rather than having everyone stand around waiting for him to shock.

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
It's a terrible idea to use Zonde/shocks in phase one.

It's not the best idea to use Zonde/shocks right from the start in phase two. It becomes a mess with every arm on the ground, so you end up taking out an arm that didn't really need it just to get a clean shot at the arm you shocked him for in the first place. And if people go crazy and double shock him with all arms up, you're going to have more standing around than if you kept it in your pants.

Daiyousei
Mar 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
I 'm still not sure why people refuse to Zonde until all the breakable arms which don't need Shock are broken. It seems counter-productive, because then your shock damage is hitting stuff which can't be broken, which can cause Falz to take too much damage so you can't break all his arms anyway.

All my fastest runs were done with Shocks in the middle, rather than having everyone stand around waiting for him to shock.

The middle seems like a good time to start as well, but most people end up getting the arms confused if they are shocked sometime before the top ones are left, and especially when there are arms about there's a lot in the way and the arms push you around. I see a lot of ranged players immediately 180 degrees around and attack the other side without having to run over, but with some arms left in the middle, they have to go through that first or run over, it's not that counter productive, but it's just the MPA's preferences. With all the overlapping arm hitboxes, I've always managed to keep hitting the arm behind me.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
You guys have too high a view on humanity. And the hyperbole on block 20 is amusing.
But then again this place has gone cliquey with people having their buddies and having a bit of a slightly tilted view on the game's population.
My issue with Falz is all the good lobbies fill too quickly thus I ignore falz that chump. :P

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 03:27 PM
It's just reality that at times B20 can be really bad, even if the problem children try to downplay their mischief.

For a randomly occurring event that gives you just one shot at some of the best items currently in the game, or simply for the stones for the 10* trade in (and excube trade in), I'd rather not introduce another all-or-nothing gamble.

Doesn't matter if the possibility exists that the Twentites can coordinate themselves well enough to tie their own shoes before they leave the campship, if it's less than assured, I'll do my runs elsewhere.

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 03:40 PM
Should be a team called B-20 Heroes.

Daiyousei
Mar 24, 2013, 03:42 PM
Should be a team called B-20 Heroes.

*cue A-Team theme*

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 03:42 PM
Times anybody can be really bad, all I'm saying is it's amusing that this place is dogging block 20 when block 20 is their people.

yoshiblue
Mar 24, 2013, 03:45 PM
We dog on it because of it. The good and the bad are in one place and bad stuff always gets more attention then the good. Were it NA, everything would be more even out and the bad would be less noticeable. Unless there's a block event or a meeting of some sort. Buts its not NA, so we all have to share the same place for now and make the best of it.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 03:57 PM
You should take the whole thing and not just the negative. Because focusing on the negative is just being a bitch sometimes. I'd rather say it's complicated mess. Is it terrible or great? I don't live in the world of black and white.

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
Any of the good who doesn't like the bad will leave.

So what's left on the 20th block?

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 04:02 PM
If they all left then block 20 would diminish.

Would still be large but much less so. Rather than shitting on block 20 why not deal with the issue by organizing better rather than shitting on them. If you want something to get better don't insult them unless they are not honest actors.

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 04:10 PM
Any of the good who doesn't like the bad will leave.

So what's left on the 20th block?

... I don't let the bad scare me away. The good in that place severely outweighs the bad.

What's left? Freedom to do whatever you want so you don't feel you have to hide in your shell and stay clammed up.

B-20 discussions are old and have run dry. Just forget about it.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 04:12 PM
I take any block as it is and have fun and not get salty over other people being idiots.

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 04:16 PM
And that works anywhere that isn't Falz Elder.

yoshiblue
Mar 24, 2013, 04:19 PM
I may joke about it but I don't hate it. As far as organizing, eh. Maybe everyone in PSOW should hang out in the blue or red room if they really just want to hang out with PSOW'ers.

CelestialBlade
Mar 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
1) People take the game a bit too seriously at times

2) Life's too short to get pissy about little things you can CHOOSE TO AVOID all the damn time

3) Seriously, I know we love our B20 threads/bashing our own community, but this is pointless

Now let's all love the fuck out of eachother.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
Now let's all love the fuck out of eachother.

If you insist....:heartcookie:

(Oh, god, I think my lung just popped from laughing so much. XD)

gigawuts
Mar 24, 2013, 04:36 PM
Block 20, and any other place like it, is an integral part of any community. It's a place where people who like to spam, meme sperge, and generally be iiresponsible can go and congregate. If you don't like them, just don't go there. Don't hate on them, chances are high you used to be one of them yourself. Most of us have had that point where we acted that way. If you never acted that way have a medal or something, I don't care. Leave them alone, they're having fun in their own way and it's got nothing to do with you.

Jungo Torii
Mar 24, 2013, 04:41 PM
Every time I come here and read another thread about b20, this is how I feel.

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/2nkYP[/spoiler-box]

Honestly, the people who complain so much about b20 being "juvenile" are being quite juvenile themselves when they act like they're in any way superior to people who go there.

But it's like speaking to a brick wall at this point. I can't convince any of those people otherwise.

Z-0
Mar 24, 2013, 05:28 PM
I just like playing PSO2.

Playing PSO2 is not done on Block 20.

Zinaida
Mar 24, 2013, 05:45 PM
I just like playing PSO2.

Playing PSO2 is not done on Block 20.

This, pretty much.

Also, B-20 Elder runs are experienced as if they're hell themselves. Has nothing to do with taking the game too seriously. You can still be efficient and have fun.

Jungo Torii
Mar 24, 2013, 05:52 PM
This, pretty much.

Also, B-20 Elder runs are experienced as if they're hell themselves. Has nothing to do with taking the game too seriously. You can still be efficient and have fun.

I'm not even saying I disagree with b20 being terrible at Falz. I never stay there for Falz myself.

I just take issue with people who claim a condescending intellectual "superiority" based on what block they play in.

Hosaka
Mar 24, 2013, 06:54 PM
I'm not even saying I disagree with b20 being terrible at Falz. I never stay there for Falz myself.

I just take issue with people who claim a condescending intellectual "superiority" based on what block they play in.

Insecure people will take whatever petty avenue they can get to try to prove that they're better or superior from everyone else. This is nothing new.

Mind you, they're especially prevalent on PSOW, but it's nothing new.

Instead of worrying about them, Bungo, simply enjoy the game however you want to, and give zero fucks to the people who try to get in the way of that.

http://i.imgur.com/MqX6N2u.gif

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 07:28 PM
I think I can safely assume I'm superior to anyone who refuses any and all helpful advice and continues being bad at the game.

To everyone else, have fun playing, and if you have any questions I will do my best to help you out. Or if you want to learn on your own, that's fine too. Just don't complain when "the haters" get fed up telling you the same things over and over before leaving you to rot in 20's lobby.

Renvalt
Mar 24, 2013, 07:38 PM
First off, from what I've seen on my Falz runs (non-B20), shockers usually don't bring out the zappers until we've removed the reachable arms (AKA the first set of breakables during Phase 2). Once we've got those down, nobody but the zappers strike until the arms lower - at which point we blitz a particular side. Usually we can get all the top unreachable arms in 2~3 zaps, which is good, because Elder usually has health to spare at the end.

Next, B-20 seems to be good for naught but idle chatter. If I'm just seeking to talk about stuff, that's usually where I go (and I don't do so often). But generally, if I want to play with others, non-B20 Falz runs are where I go to party play.

Recently though, I've been doing JP MPAs in Ruins (thanks to my Fighter being above 40 now), and I gotta say: albeit the communication freakouts (that occur on a regular basis), I can actually manage to stay with the flow (thanks in part because what Japanese I HAVE learned allows them to let me around).

But yeah, B-20's lobby is for the elitist noobfegs who think they know it all when they really don't.

Pyrii
Mar 24, 2013, 07:44 PM
Haha, I beg to differ.

Either way, yeah, B-20 is filled up with all different kind of ENG-speaking players, which makes it a non-suitable place for a Dark Falz party.

Also, you can brake all of Dark Falz's arms except for his two lowest ones.

Or blocks 24-28. Advanced = VH Falz too

yoshiblue
Mar 24, 2013, 07:48 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/MqX6N2u.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Interesting image to use when you know what happens to her at the end. :p

Could setup a PSOW help center in the Red room. A bunch of doods sitting around willing to help anyone who enters. Call it the PSOW Pokemon CenterPartner Center.

Zipzo
Mar 24, 2013, 07:55 PM

Could setup a PSOW help center in the Red room. A bunch of doods sitting around willing to help anyone who enters. Call it the PSOW Pokemon CenterPartner Center.
wow spoiler much.

Syklo
Mar 24, 2013, 07:55 PM

And have people make accounts solely for the purpose of making nurse joys philias

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 07:56 PM
I think I can safely assume I'm superior to anyone who refuses any and all helpful advice and continues being bad at the game.

Part of helping people is to address them with tact and if they continue to be bad then you move on. You can't just go to somebody and say "Oi mate you doin dis all rong, you lookin like a ranga!"

That will turn people hostile, you can't help a person once they turn hostile. That is not helping them that's doing the opposite.

And for doing falz right for more chances at drops is just begging for a treat at the teat of Sega's batshit insane RNG system.

Munchins are just as bad as scrubs ya know.

yoshiblue
Mar 24, 2013, 07:57 PM
wow spoiler much.

Hey, I didn't spoil anything. Her hate for children could have gotten her children of her own. Her hate for blue hair caused her to go bald. Heck, it could be that her hate made her hate herself.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 07:59 PM
Are you saying gamers hate themselves mate?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmqvs38QQ31qafrh6.jpg

gigawuts
Mar 24, 2013, 08:01 PM
We really are a self-loathing bunch.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah, long as my birds love me, I can give a fuck 'bout no hater. :E

Shinamori
Mar 24, 2013, 08:23 PM
Insecure people will take whatever petty avenue they can get to try to prove that they're better or superior from everyone else. This is nothing new.

Mind you, they're especially prevalent on PSOW, but it's nothing new.

Instead of worrying about them, Bungo, simply enjoy the game however you want to, and give zero fucks to the people who try to get in the way of that.

http://i.imgur.com/MqX6N2u.gif

What is that from by the way?

gigawuts
Mar 24, 2013, 08:27 PM
What is that from by the way?

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivOr-uumyNnrK8o0UeBttBPKrmQuzcDO0vle8ReDpH8eL377mYmyF7v XgSoyiyxJsy48VszEc7hNuebcKHNyEGWaT980TP3EKvlkO0gtR X1VpstFCb-VOwBPHr9YszF4K1mdqXmVNb0S56c0huqcCwTWM8FsmVysgdIRb NHy-Lp-Iz0Y8pNkFAvGOxh8GRUvJHfvBLVGuwNimh240lSykVTlMUnc0R _1h3eP4i1fr-IGi0CH89Vo3QxDUe3JbNk3tdkRt_1T309JSL7lk6iu3ztVXp6X CCmZfYvVn3MXUEZ2jl2jFznVPuOE14bG563pRyzAiGgUyUEFLj mO7Jv3-tGJRqgd_1E8Q9Cz0Fi6NrZXygRb79zvdN8iVAzmIdrg0_1aC43 miAo3x1TtnoWwbHjaxYN7EUcKK8_1V3aTs0WoQ4w4UzT_142uW 1RIKWLIVAw49zUpLVq9Ma38HiFVGrVzUKArlmLyVrhjVIEd0Uj c-O7nJ5bxxA1DkmilMCJG7TUJNY5SwBgUchTOK0L8qxwLYabB5JR OF6tffVognULZ08mBuEZdyMqKMmkCCUC-Yht1bQicYj9CkLWtJO7PLODVWqGvLgXU8MmZOJbdVZIyUADyV7 0DGs5Za6tt0Fv6up-gbUTD3tEqu9Q973XyR5_1yqH9VsZANdGdVcq2cDVwnKLUVD4Sb oJARYuGxzOuFFdh-5aAekViFw76S5wO5LHzycsa0uU10CkxnKKfb83txidfpMQEKF0 pv4apa1aBEbOJXpZPcfRXU0PO4RSzao6bNE7Ry_1diwIPmpb8S pH5YK_1r90oNWMVtueBqD2efeDZM_1enPlaO8-SeSMSURQ18IhHc8sADQsthFCMFgudUowvMw3V7LbYhSchZwlYR TpL9iXS4VG_1vuCC8Fks-yCzFePO7778iPNB7O1FD6wfwH1nho9KABGBLSS_1M8RjCfTK3m mJAMlCLx9y6_16c3XLzBbmxLTtTrjTDK8Bq9_1ICKyFdxRl4lO ZeEOmERMYHZxL7iAF79GEQ8Cg-BgkhknGvSCAVicFgwjStKDmpzBQU0-qj2JIWM3mypC-FmK7HD3DQFpXCOYZjM9utVUXQb4AT9Q2zq_1cTSSJgRdO-sUyBSG-Yw3DQG3Qe-NhYkP9-S079PDW9TA2PeJ6V-QH1X78a_1XUBKqFrIdANucZ_1r0pPjjIMv2FlOJ2klxtZs_159 l_1Cspw2FK8hl-NWn4JFIFd-wE6Ac0g3nBQoy3_195wlXqkbUlw1EuDrVg5LjHWZevwNgsFLHz 0O9GzAkg4VVzEQwTmGFeSNPh7v6sx29mTY5XFSzR3bPlkKAGuY khlg9TnUErYlaxXmEUafuK6b350wdsUu5ZXBxbNbjFJZtpudEH eEjgIXin91mTYa8FkNB7Re8z2LiZJiA07TF-rrMGZEwx5JqvaNeTFwjKus0SQXdZlpp9s0DGskbjzGKk&hl=en&safe=off&bih=839&biw=1440

yoshiblue
Mar 24, 2013, 09:15 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/Redmage64/PartnerCenter_zpsc87c768c.png
Center Theme:
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNd28t_F3Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNd28t_F3Q[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
Are you saying gamers hate themselves mate?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmqvs38QQ31qafrh6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The world may never know.

Syklo
Mar 24, 2013, 09:30 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/Redmage64/PartnerCenter_zpsc87c768c.png
Wow it actually happened

HiOc
Mar 24, 2013, 10:49 PM
B20 is a chat room simulator, duuuh.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2013, 10:59 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-94sdlrn.gif

Sayara
Mar 24, 2013, 11:10 PM
Vega 1 Never forget.
Also forget this thread.