PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding PSO2 West

WCW524
Mar 24, 2013, 06:44 AM
So I'm sitting here bored at work, and I got to thinking. I'm posting on my phone, so I apologize if I royally screw something up.
In my phantasy (LOLROFL) for the future of PSO2 West, we will be separated into 3 ships: 1 for North America, 1 for Europe, and 1 for both. It's highly unlikely that'll be the case, however, it also seems highly unlikely that Sega would assume the game wouldn't have a considerable-enough community, thus implementing only one ship. My question is, if Sega ends up separating us in 5-10 ships, what would/will/should the community migration/placement be? Should it just be Ship 2 Block 20 again?
I apologize if there's already a thread like this / if it's a little irrelevant to post something like this, but I legitimately am curious. It kinda sucks thinking about how the community will probably be sort of separated from each other.
inb4 "eww, Ship 2 Block 20" / "what western release?" comments.

Mekhana
Mar 24, 2013, 06:47 AM
Can't we have a sticky for Western PSO2 discussions? I get a feeling a new thread is made everyday.

And honestly I have no idea. Perhaps there would be some kind of arrangement on PSO-W about which ship to pick and anyone else misinformed would go to the other places.

connor_the_kid
Mar 24, 2013, 06:51 AM
we don't even know when western release is and you're asking which server to pick?.. kind of stupid thread imo

Sierhiet
Mar 24, 2013, 06:55 AM
The purpose of ship migration before was to aggregate all English speaking players into one spot. I don't see the point of a similar arrangement in the future, unless it were for micro divisions regarding clans and such, or divisions for players in smaller, non-english speaking European countries.

WCW524
Mar 24, 2013, 06:55 AM
Can't we have a sticky for Western PSO2 discussions? I get a feeling a new thread is made everyday.

And honestly I have no idea. Perhaps there would be some kind of arrangement on PSO-W about which ship to pick and anyone else misinformed would go to the other places.

I'm still pretty new to these forums. I've socialized with plenty of the PSOW community, but I have very little interest in actually being attentive/engaging in the forums. So I apologize for the extra thread.
Hopefully, they pull a PSO / PSU, and offer one huge Ship with a lot of blocks, although again, that's unlikely. If the game ends up on Steam, then it's flat-out impossible.

WCW524
Mar 24, 2013, 07:08 AM
The purpose of ship migration before was to aggregate all English speaking players into one spot. I don't see the point of a similar arrangement in the future, unless it were for micro divisions regarding clans and such, or divisions for players in smaller, non-english speaking European countries.
It may just be me, but the idea that even the English community will be seperated into ships similarly to the Japanese being seperated into different ships doesn't sit in very well to me. As gay as it probably sounds, since PSO Dreamcast, I've always appreciated the concept of togetherness in an MMO community. Everybody knows everybody. Now it seems like PSO2's joining the hotshot MMOs in having seperate servers, requiring money for server transfers and such. Just something that leaves a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

Zipzo
Mar 24, 2013, 07:12 AM
I'm still pretty new to these forums. I've socialized with plenty of the PSOW community, but I have very little interest in actually being attentive/engaging in the forums. So I apologize for the extra thread.
Hopefully, they pull a PSU, and offer one huge Ship with a lot of blocks, although again, that's unlikely. If the game ends up on Steam, then it's flat-out impossible.

There's practically a 0% chance it would be on steam.

The reason you want discuss which ship the English players should go to on the English speaking servers (if there are even more than a handful of them) is beyond me.

If you admit that you aren't attentive to the forums nor are interested in engaging the forums, don't waste our time with useless topics.

WCW524
Mar 24, 2013, 07:21 AM

The reason you want discuss which ship the English players should go to on the English speaking servers (if there are even more than a handful of them) is beyond me.

If you admit that you aren't attentive to the forums nor are interested in engaging the forums, don't waste out time with useless topics.

Why wouldn't it be on Steam? No, seriously, I'm curious. Why wouldn't it be on Steam? And what's so "out there" about my curiosity on where the MAJORITY of the Western community is going to be? I had a character in Ship 10 (before Miss AIDA WOOOOOOOOOONG tricked me into deleting it. >:o), and there was an English speaking community on there. Which is ok, but I'd much rather have my character in Ship 2 where a majority of EVERYONE is going to be.
The point isn't to ask where English-speaking players are going to be. The point is asking where a majority of these people I've come to know are going to be.
P.S. I deeply apologize, I hadn't realized the 8 seconds to read my question, then the extra 17-18 seconds it took to reply harmed you of your oh-so-valuable time. ._.
This seemed the best place to sate my curiosity at the time.

connor_the_kid
Mar 24, 2013, 07:30 AM
it will almost definitely be on steam

SEGA has been adding all of their PC games to steam and steam has been adding a lot of free MMOs

connor_the_kid
Mar 24, 2013, 07:34 AM
btw, I don't even understand what youre asking. you're being like, incoherent

there is no servers yet, we dont know how many there will be or how theyll be separated

Cagedtaytay
Mar 24, 2013, 07:38 AM

If you admit that you aren't attentive to the forums nor are interested in engaging the forums, don't waste our time with useless topics.

Someone had a bad day.

WCW524
Mar 24, 2013, 07:45 AM

there is no servers yet, we dont know how many there will be or how theyll be separated

I had to close store last night, and open store this morning, so I'm a little tired, and I understand if I end up not making any sense. I mean, for the people that're migrating, it's interesting to think about, and honestly, I believe it's safe to assume we'll receive slightly fewer, if not as many ships as the Japanese servers.

jooozek
Mar 24, 2013, 10:26 AM
there is no way sega is skipping steam
not with all their games being on it

Galil AR
Mar 24, 2013, 10:38 AM
we don't even know when western release is and you're asking which server to pick?.. kind of stupid thread imo

it will almost definitely be on steam

SEGA has been adding all of their PC games to steam and steam has been adding a lot of free MMOs

>mfw I see your posts.

http://memecrunch.com/image/4f763c2e186133412a0023a3.jpg

Enforcer MKV
Mar 24, 2013, 10:42 AM
Well, to answer your question a bit more...formally(?)...

Seeing as we don't know how many servers they'll have, when the game is releasing, I don't think anyone has really thought about what ship the English PSO2 players on PSOw should choose. I'd imagine once the game's release date is announced, people will worry about it more.

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 10:48 AM
Well, to answer your question a bit more...formally(?)...

Seeing as we don't know how many servers they'll have, when the game is releasing, I don't think anyone has really thought about what ship the English PSO2 players on PSOw should choose. I'd imagine once the game's release date is announced, people will worry about it more.

SoA is too busy playing JP PSO2

Enforcer MKV
Mar 24, 2013, 10:50 AM
SoA is too busy playing JP PSO2

I never said the announcement would be any time soon. :lol:

~Aya~
Mar 24, 2013, 10:55 AM
I never said the announcement would be any time soon. :lol:

Oh! They made another adjustment! Postpone release another month!

Lostbob117
Mar 24, 2013, 11:11 AM
There is really no reason no reason to speak of the Western release cause no one knows what it'll be like or when it'll be released, we'll have to wait and see when it comes out.

UnLucky
Mar 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
There'll probably be internet communities choosing servers, like 4chan, reddit, SA, etc

Probably a PSO-W "official" server, and if NA/EU share the same ships, there'll be designated ships for time zone coordination. Or even if NA/EU is split, some people will want to be on the other server for whatever reason, though they might not want a specific server for those types.

But yeah, that'll be decided during beta or whenever we get some kind of announcement from Sega.

Syklo
Mar 24, 2013, 06:47 PM
Didn't read the entire thread, but......

we should also consider a potential "PSOW-Newb" boom on the announcement/release of PSO2 in the west, meaning it may not be possible to have everyone on the same ship.

If that's the case such that all of us spread across the available ships.......maybe an inter-ship council will be in order? (Not that I know what purpose it can hold)

Kous
Mar 24, 2013, 07:07 PM
Not sure if I read this discussion wrong or what, but is he really saying " Which ship will all the PSO-W community be on".

Seriously. I mean there is no reason for a whole website to be on the same ship. That's crazy. I mean its not like the JP server, where we all went to the same ship, for a English community. 75% of the population for the NA/EU server are gonna speak English.

Its more if, you have a Team, or close set of friends you want to play with, but as to make a Site wide Ship for everyone to choose is just being crazy. Play with other people dude.

I would feel if anybody thought of doing that, they are just so against the regular people outside of the PSO-W forums. Its not necessary.

I mean its not like the PSO-W community is better than the regular people who are gonna come when its released for NA/EU. But correct me if I'm wrong, and just misinterpreted what he meant.

DS23
Mar 24, 2013, 07:09 PM
There is no western release.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 24, 2013, 07:18 PM
There is no western release.

Im really starting to believe this.

DS23
Mar 24, 2013, 07:20 PM
Keep believing it and then you may get pleasantly surprised one day, but probably not. ;)