PDA

View Full Version : what happens if nobody beats falz?

connor_the_kid
Mar 25, 2013, 07:01 PM
my friend told me if nobody beats falz , falz invades the lobby. is this true?

or does he just get bored and fly away?

yoshiblue
Mar 25, 2013, 07:03 PM
Arkz from another ship beat you to it and gain all the glory.

Z-0
Mar 25, 2013, 07:05 PM
I don't think we'll ever find out.

Ever.

No ship has ever failed Dark Falz, and no ship ever will.

supersonix9
Mar 25, 2013, 07:21 PM
my friend told me if nobody beats falz , falz invades the lobby. is this true?

The developers were going to add it in, but they couldn't release it on time. There's a video that shows it happening somewhere, but I forgot where it was.

Dnd
Mar 25, 2013, 07:25 PM
This happens
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img59/2853/pso20130221075548000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Laxedrane
Mar 25, 2013, 07:27 PM
I don't think we'll ever find out.

Ever.

No ship has ever failed Dark Falz, and no ship ever will.

To expand on this. Basically sega balanced the EQ so that every group would be trying to break the nails on the first fight. Doing so took most groups 10-15 minutes of damaging the front of the hands instead of the back. So when falz first came out, everyone was trying to break all the pieces to see what they drop.

The drop pool was meh at best and most things from it still dropped anyways just not at a particularly good rate. So people just hit the always exposed weak spot of falz arms. People clearing the fight in 1-3 minutes a pop instead of 10-15. To the point that even during the Deadest time periods on pso2. Access to the second fight is reached in under 10 minutes.(But we still hav eto wait a half an hour.)

That is the long version of what Z-0 is saying.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2013, 07:37 PM
Much like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2013, 07:42 PM
Falz invades the lobby and kills all the idle dancers and spammers.

Help me convince people to ignore Falz.

Pyrii
Mar 25, 2013, 07:42 PM
It's probably very basic timing.

Event time -15m: Announcements start
Event start: Enable Arms EQ
Event Time 15m: Start "80%" announcements
Event time 30m Disable Arms EQ, Enable Elder EQ
Event time 45m Event Ends

Sparzyle
Mar 25, 2013, 08:07 PM
It's probably very basic timing.

Event time -15m: Announcements start
Event start: Enable Arms EQ
Event Time 15m: Start "80%" announcements
Event time 30m Disable Arms EQ, Enable Elder EQ
Event time 45m Event Ends
Hmm I've seen the 80% Falz announcement at like 8-10 mins (busy hours probably)

What intrigues me more is how the hell does one trigger the other versions of Falz Hands...:-x

gigawuts
Mar 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
No, they've stated that elder falz spawns if a set amount of damage is dealt to the hands. That amount of damage varies based on the number of people online, so that they can always reach elder falz providing people deal what they consider to be average damage or whatever.

That, combined with the fact that people sign on specifically because falz has been announced (which will presumably not be counted for this), means elder falz will basically never ever ever not be unlocked.

And I'm sure all that happens is elder falz just doesn't show up.

Meji
Mar 26, 2013, 03:48 AM
Hm, if I remember correctly, the first Dark Falz fight ever to occur on Ship:02 (on the 12th of January, if I remember correctly) never got to the 2nd phase. A.k.a, not enough hands slaughtered.
Nothing happened to the lobby back then though.

And I'm sure all that happens is elder falz just doesn't show up.
This is pretty much the answer, yes.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 26, 2013, 04:38 AM
Hmm I've seen the 80% Falz announcement at like 8-10 mins (busy hours probably)

What intrigues me more is how the hell does one trigger the other versions of Falz Hands...:-x

I usually see it at the first update which is 5 mins in.

On another note, you also have to remember the threshold changes depending on how many people are logged in, as Giga stated.

Hm, if I remember correctly, the first Dark Falz fight ever to occur on Ship:02 (on the 12th of January, if I remember correctly) never got to the 2nd phase. A.k.a, not enough hands slaughtered.
Nothing happened to the lobby back then though.

This is pretty much the answer, yes.

I thought the reason falz never appeared was because at the time they accidentally allowed the arms EQ to be called up like any other EQ rather than link it with falz. This made it possible to beat the arms EQ non stop but for falz to never appear because there was no flag for it. Later on they fixed this so that Arms would only appear if Falz was set to follow.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 04:58 AM
That's right, the first falz hands appearance was a typical falz, but the second appearance was an ordinarily announced EMQ. They probably hadn't told the guy responsible how to set a falz going properly yet.