PDA

View Full Version : Petition for PSO 2 to NOT be released stateside.

ChronoTrigga
Mar 25, 2013, 10:37 PM
And turn the JP server into an international server with multi-language support. I'm sick of Segac ruining things for us stateside fans who have been devoted since the Master System.

/rant /rage /frustration

Rien
Mar 25, 2013, 10:39 PM
Sakai already said this ain't happening

And you know Sakai's word is final if SoJ's relation to SoA is any hint.

Macman
Mar 25, 2013, 10:40 PM
That would piss off way too many JPs and would hurt Sega's bottom line in the end. It's not happening.

Laxedrane
Mar 25, 2013, 10:49 PM
That would piss off way too many JPs and would hurt Sega's bottom line in the end. It's not happening.

Square ninja did this to Japanese players(Actually said the servers would be separate then when they announced International servers said that they were just going to be added to the Japanese ones)

Incidentally XI is still running.

Also worth mentioning the longest Running PSOs were on consuls and feature international servers.

So while I definitely agree shit would spew back at sega face for doing it. Saying it automatically hurt it's bottom line is a stretch.

Lostbob117
Mar 25, 2013, 10:50 PM
Are you joking? So many other people want this. There are more English players who don't use psow.

ShinMaruku
Mar 25, 2013, 10:52 PM
Are you joking? So many other people want this. There are more English players who don't use psow.

Some people have issues thinking of others in other situations. Out of sight out of mind.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 25, 2013, 10:56 PM
idk what Segac is, but I'm putting it in the same place as yolo and swag

Kous
Mar 25, 2013, 10:57 PM
A name given to Sega of America by players of Phantasy Star Universe, one of Sega's games.

The 'c' suffix is a reference to a brand of items in the game, called Kubara. Many of the items are named after an actual item, but the name will end with the letter "c" (such as Rifle and Riflic, or Machinegun and Machineguc).

Players use the name 'Segac' instead of 'Sega' as a way to say "Sega of America is a knockoff of Sega of Japan", when they grew tired of Sega's exceedingly awful service of overseas games, like lack of content in the US PSU that was in the JP PSU and similar.

Rien
Mar 25, 2013, 10:58 PM
I thought it meant sega corporation

like the difference between rofl and rotfl

ShinMaruku
Mar 25, 2013, 10:59 PM
idk what Segac is, but I'm putting it in the same place as yolo and swag

You Outta Look Out

DS23
Mar 25, 2013, 11:00 PM
lol, cosigned!

Kous
Mar 25, 2013, 11:02 PM
Well Sega did say its not happening, So i guess this Thread is pointless, but i guess PSO2 JP servers lovers gotta get there hate for SOA out someway...........

blace
Mar 25, 2013, 11:22 PM
Well Sega did say its not happening, So i guess this Thread is pointless, but i guess PSO2 JP servers lovers gotta get there hate for SOA out someway...........
Don't they always?

Anyway, they probably invested more time and money into it to cancel it now, they'll only lose the resources expended on the project. They won't lose money as a branch, but Sega as a whole will have to deal with the expenditure and angry fans all over.

Kion
Mar 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
How about a petition to give Arks Layer control of the international release?

_Nue
Mar 26, 2013, 12:30 AM
Good god people rage too much. Enjoy your JP PSO2, no way am I ever going to English release anyway. Should be grateful this game isn't banning foreign IPs.

blazingsonic
Mar 26, 2013, 12:39 AM
I just don't get why SOJ doesn't want this game overseas.

Lostbob117
Mar 26, 2013, 02:33 AM
Stop blaming SOJ and SOA, we have no idea who's fault the game delay is and no way for us to find out. So no reason to point fingers when you don't know the exact situation that they're in currently.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 26, 2013, 02:38 AM
Stop blaming SOJ and SOA, we have no idea who's fault the game delay is and no way for us to find out. So no reason to point fingers when you don't know the exact situation that they're in currently.

yes we do SOA has the worse track record in actually doing anything with the PS games and SOJ are assholes for thinking its ok to do that so I think we can blame both just fine

Lostbob117
Mar 26, 2013, 02:47 AM
yes we do SOA has the worse track record in actually doing anything with the PS games and SOJ are assholes for thinking its ok to do that so I think we can blame both just fine

How absurd, you are calling SOJ assholes because they don't care about the other server. However even though it's against the Terms of Service you're not suppose to be on Jpso2 unless you live in Japan but SOJ still is letting you play. They're such big assholes alright.

Kion
Mar 26, 2013, 02:48 AM

This is very true. Except that it's fun to bitch and point fingers. So if you'll excuse me, I'll just go back to flipping tables. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To be honest I find the news of the game being delayed some what assuring. Regardless of whose fault it is, we've had poor service from Sega in the past. It's nice to know that jumping on the JP server to start off with and patching it fan-side was the right move so that we're not dependent on Sega's arbitrary customer service. And like you pointed out, it's also nice of them not to ban us.

blace
Mar 26, 2013, 02:51 AM
They did let off workers for their US and EU branches, while retaining most of their work force in Japan.

That is another matter though, and it is safe to assume the blame is on Sega as a whole, as the US and EU branches operate under the main branch with production, localization and sales, whereas the main branch decides whether or not to release an IP for localization in other regions or providing services.

There are plenty of factors, but without any reason for a delay or a proper explanation for nearly a year, it can be assumed that they either face difficulty within certain branches, or the company itself is staving the release for other reasons or purposes. Really, there isn't much else to do but speculate on why they stayed quiet for the time.

Meji
Mar 26, 2013, 04:04 AM
However even though it's against the Terms of Service you're not suppose to be on Jpso2 unless you live in Japan but SOJ still is letting you play. They're such big assholes alright.That rule is mainly there so they easily can ban foreigners without any further ado, if they so desire.
I've had some friends gotten unfairly banned because their equipment was too good, and when some JP Mods noticed them, they got banned because they "believed they cheated".
Even though they try to contact customer support, they won't really be let back in that easily since they've already broken against the ToS by playing it outside of Japan.

So, yeah, assholes imo.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 09:10 AM
That rule is mainly there so they easily can ban foreigners without any further ado, if they so desire.
I've had some friends gotten unfairly banned because their equipment was too good, and when some JP Mods noticed them, they got banned because they "believed they cheated".
Even though they try to contact customer support, they won't really be let back in that easily since they've already broken against the ToS by playing it outside of Japan.

So, yeah, assholes imo.

agreed. I find it silly that people believe that we should be grateful to Sega for mostly ignoring a rule that they themselves created. Its a shame this game is so much fun :P

supersonix9
Mar 26, 2013, 09:12 AM
lol, cosigned!

cosine?

Infiniteque
Mar 26, 2013, 09:23 AM
Best part about this thread is the explanation of "Segac."

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 09:35 AM

I'm starting to believe some of you just like the prospect of blind rage, or fueling the psow echo chamber. It's a delay. Common practice in the industry.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5pcj5R3DqGE/USQP-hcvioI/AAAAAAAAAMc/5Z44Pbuw2d0/s1600/picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 09:49 AM
I'm starting to believe some of you just like the prospect of blind rage, or fueling the psow echo chamber. It's a delay. Common practice in the industry.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5pcj5R3DqGE/USQP-hcvioI/AAAAAAAAAMc/5Z44Pbuw2d0/s1600/picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

Its a delay on a game that's been pretty much completed for a year now. That is much less common.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 10:06 AM
Its a delay on a game that's been pretty much completed for a year now. That is much less common.

That is actually a lot more common then you'd assume. However, that isn't even the case this time.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 10:13 AM
That is actually a lot more common then you'd assume. However, that isn't even the case this time.

Its really not. and what would you say the case is then?

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 10:23 AM
Its really not. and what would you say the case is then?

It really is. Look at games such as Tera. Released in August of 2011 for JP; and in May of 2012 for the US. What about Korea's Vindictus released in January of 2010? We didn't see the game stateside until October. Japan got it later then that. Aion of November 25, 2008. South Korea. September 22, 2009. North America.

And the issue, whether or not some want to swallow it, is the RNG and gambling laws among other things. Sega, as incompetent as they may appear sometime, is a high profile corporation with a certain level of pedigree. They're going to go through the hoops of making sure they at least don't face any legal difficulties.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 10:35 AM
It really is. Look at games such as Tera. Released in August of 2011 for JP; and in May of 2012 for the US. What about Korea's Vindictus released in January of 2010? We didn't see the game stateside until October. Japan got it later then that. Aion of November 25, 2008. South Korea. September 22, 2009. North America.

And the issue, whether or not some want to swallow it, is the RNG and gambling laws among other things. Sega, as incompetent as they may appear sometime, is a high profile corporation with a certain level of pedigree. They're going to go through the hoops of making sure they at least don't face any legal difficulties.

I handful of games doesn't make something common.

Also I've heard nothing but speculation that "gambling laws" are whats causing the delay. Please give me your source that thats whats actually causing the problems. Nobody has been able to give me that, and I'm left to believe that its a rumor that people just started to believe.

Gardios
Mar 26, 2013, 10:38 AM
Wait, since when has close JP-NA release dates not been the exception when it comes to online games? Release and content update gaps of a year are pretty common.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 10:52 AM
Wait, since when has close JP-NA release dates not been the exception when it comes to online games? Release and content update gaps of a year are pretty common.

Since PSOW's JP only Task Force and Rage Brigade Echo Chamber been initiated.

I handful of games doesn't make something common.

Also I've heard nothing but speculation that "gambling laws" are whats causing the delay. Please give me your source that thats whats actually causing the problems. Nobody has been able to give me that, and I'm left to believe that its a rumor that people just started to believe.

That isn't just a handful of games. They are arguably the most high profile Asian MMO releases within the past couple of years. But I suppose you need more convincing. Well, on top of that list I gave you, go ahead and add Ragnarok Online 2: South Korea - March 26, 2012. North America? We just received word that the game would be localized about a week or so ago. Want to go old school? The original Mabinogi was released 4 years prior to a localization in the West. The glory that was Final Fantasy XI? Two year gap from May of 2002, to March of 2004. Should I go on?

As for the gambling laws, I could research that for you, but it would probably be a bit better if a European chimed in.

Perle
Mar 26, 2013, 10:54 AM
I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of my previous experience with Xbox Ep 1& 2, and - as an observer - the general lack of respect for PSU subscribers, when that was still a thing. (I still think they shut the servers down prematurely)

SoA just don't instill much confidence in me. And IMO, I just don't think they have the resources to make the game a success in the West.

We shall see though.

Edit - OP, you forgot the actual 'petition' part. A forum thread doesn't (and shouldn't) count :D

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 11:19 AM
Sierheit, we're not mad because it's a year or two behind. We're made because it's a year or two behind when we were PROMISED our money was going towards making sure that wouldn't happen. Not to mention the horrible handling of PSU, the PSUPC servers, PSOBBXBOX (Eternal Christmas, anyone?), and the gross incompetence of a lot of recent SEGA-related items.

Your money. Are you refering to your previous subscriptions? The other titles I mentioned ran on subscriptions as well. Who exactly promised you your money was going towards the prevention of a billing site failure? Or an over reaching contract with Microsoft's Xbox Live? Your subscription was a downpayment on the continuing flow of content. Yes, absolutely. But in light of the previous two circumstances I mentioned, nothing could have been done for PSU. PSO2 doesn't run on a subscription, so what exactlly is the reason for lashing out? You should be optimistic at least in that sense.

And for the 1000th time, what exactly does PSOBB have to do with anything? Half the content was already available upon launch. PSOBB's issues were short nuisances (like infinite lobbies and late events) in comparison to anything PSU experienced. Today's PSO2 prospective scenario is already a far-cry from what happened to PSOBB and PSU.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 11:32 AM
Since PSOW's JP only Task Force and Rage Brigade Echo Chamber been initiated.

please don't resort to silly name calling.

That isn't just a handful of games. They are arguably the most high profile Asian MMO releases within the past couple of years. But I suppose you need more convincing. Well, on top of that list I gave you, go ahead and add Ragnarok Online 2: South Korea - March 26, 2012. North America? We just received word that the game would be localized about a week or so ago. Want to go old school? The original Mabinogi was released 4 years prior to a localization in the West. The glory that was Final Fantasy XI? Two year gap from May of 2002, to March of 2004. Should I go on?

As for the gambling laws, I could research that for you, but it would probably be a bit better if a European chimed in.

Long time before the game gets brought over is not the same as delaying a game thats already done. You clearly misunderstood.

And there are plenty of EU games that use this system, I keep using Runescape as an example cuz I know its made by a EU company. Now please give me a source that says that Sega is having problems that these other companies have not.

Lostbob117
Mar 26, 2013, 11:50 AM

Long time before the game gets brought over is not the same as delaying a game thats already done. You clearly misunderstood.

And there are plenty of EU games that use this system, I keep using Runescape as an example cuz I know its made by a EU company. Now please give me a source that says that Sega is having problems that these other companies have not.

This game is clearly not finished, if it was they would have released it already and would not have delayed(postponed) it.

But really here is a reason pso2 NA/EU might have been delayed
"Technical Difficulties"

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
This game is clearly not finished, if it was they would have released it already and would not have delayed(postponed) it.

Considering that I'm currently playing it, I'd beg to differ :-P

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 12:21 PM

Name calling? What exactly would you call English militantly JP only players? I'm highlighting their sentiments. And the echo chamber is very real.

Considering that I'm currently playing it, I'd beg to differ :-P

There is no misunderstanding. You are basically insinuating that because the game is done in Japan, it is done for everyone. Which is not true. You are implying that all the game needs in order to to be released outside of Japan is translation. Which is not true.

Sega has not shared why the game is being delayed. But this is the issue everyone has been pointing back to, in order to highlight how the difference in European gambling laws can effect certain titles.

http://www.gamesradar.com/european-pokemon-platinums-missing-game-corner-explained/

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 12:37 PM
Name calling? What exactly would you call English militantly JP only players? I'm highlighting their sentiments. And the echo chamber is very real.

Trying to justify name calling is even worse. Please stop.

There is no misunderstanding. You are basically insinuating that because the game is done in Japan, it is done for everyone. Which is not true. You are implying that all the game needs in order to to be released to outside is translation. Which is not true.

Sega has not shared why the game is being delayed. But this is the issue everyone has been pointing back to, in order to highlight how the difference in European gambling laws can effect certain titles.

http://www.gamesradar.com/european-pokemon-platinums-missing-game-corner-explained/

The game is done. Other things, websites, item shops, ect, are not part of the game.

Pokemon was changed to keep a low PEGI rating for children, not because it was agaisnt the law. It even saying as much in your article.

"to comply with PEGI guidelines concerning gambling"

Its like saying game X removed blood to keep an E rating so blood must be illegal by American laws.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 12:52 PM
The game is done. Other things, websites, item shops, ect, are not part of the game.

Pokemon was changed to keep a low PEGI rating for children, not because it was agaisnt the law. It even saying as much in your article.

"to comply with PEGI guidelines concerning gambling"

Its like saying game X removed blood to keep an E rating so blood must be illegal by American laws.

I'm not gonna' bother pursuing the discussion anymore. Your being belligerent in trying to deny evidence that's right in front of you. The 'game' is not necessarily done, and the website, item shops, ect. are all necessary for a proper launch anyway. They can't just give you the 'game', as you put it. A launch campaign doesn't work like that. That should be obvious.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 01:07 PM
riiight. You are the one thats believing that EU has a problem with Scratch without having any actual proof, yet I'm the one being "belligerent". Pro-tip: just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are hostile.

That said I never said that they only needed the game. I'm saying that a huge portion of their job is done for them. Theres a big difference. And their launch campaign is looking pretty weak considering that things like their website is STILL barebones. Nothing they have done is showing that they are competent in handling this game.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 01:24 PM
riiight. You are the one thats believing that EU has a problem with Scratch without having any actual proof, yet I'm the one being "belligerent". Pro-tip: just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are hostile.

That said I never said that they only needed the game. I'm saying that a huge portion of their job is done for them. Theres a big difference. And their launch campaign is looking pretty weak considering that things like their website is STILL barebones. Nothing they have done is showing that they are competent in handling this game.

And I'm saying you have zero idea as to what exactly is a big portion of their work. No one does. They could be revamping the entire RNG, as per everyone's wish which could be taking forever. It could be an issue with European laws. We don't know that. I never asserted that was the issue. I gave you an example as to what everyone else is talking about, and asserted a European would probably have better answers for you.

All we know is there is a delay. A waiting period for foreign launch. And an event like this is very common, which you've denied. Their launch campaign doesn't look any different then what we've experienced from other foreign MMOs.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 01:35 PM
They could be revamping the entire RNG, as per everyone's wish which could be taking forever. It could be an issue with European laws. We don't know that. I never asserted that was the issue..

yes you did.

And the issue, whether or not some want to swallow it, is the RNG and gambling laws among other things

^Right there. You are now changing your stance.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 01:41 PM
yes you did.
^Right there. You are now changing your stance.

Among other things. I'm not changing my stance. I'm submitting that it might not be the only thing, or even the main thing causing our delay. We don't know. I've been saying this entire time there is a pool of issues which could be going wrong. But the issue that is perpetuated the most, is the issue with foreign gambling laws, which is realistic.

Edit: And RNG handling.

Mio
Mar 26, 2013, 01:44 PM
Someone should propose this to sakai.
Make the servers international but with restricted lobbies (so the jp players wont have to deal with the american kids).
Make mixed lobbies like the pc psv ones where jp usa eu players can play together.
This way you make happy everyone.

Preposterous Rhino
Mar 26, 2013, 01:50 PM
Honestly, no amount of debating is gonna go anywhere. We won't have some revelation where everything is clear all of a sudden. We have to wait until Sega either releases the game, or tells us what is going on.

On Topic: I would prefer to play on NA servers where I know the cash shop will be appropriately priced. If they had different prices for different regions on the international servers, I wouldn't really care. The lack of content never bugged me. I didn't look for information to disappoint me, I preferred to stay in the dark in the past. Ignorance isn't the best answer, but it is something as trivial as a video game haha.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 01:51 PM
I never asserted that was the issue

Andthe issue...is the RNG and gambling laws

"the issue"

And still you have yet to show how thats a problem at all. You asserted that they were working on Scratch, but I haven't been given any evidence is support that. If it is a problem on any level, please give me evidence to support that. Don't say something like there *may* be an issue.

As of now though I see no reason to believe that over Sega just being incompetent^^;.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 01:57 PM
SEGA promised us. Here's a screencap from phantasystaruniverse.com:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/ZeroTheBurninator/pay-1_zps0bf5b861.png

And then we realized that it was going to come out over here. And that's when the problem started. Our beef is not with Sega Japan, it's with SEGA US.

If your beef is with Sega US, it is with Sega JP. They are at the top of the chain, and Sega US does not move without JP consent. I don't know how many times this has been discussed.

In terms of that neat FAQ, your kind of missing the point. I conceded that our subscriptions entitle us to flowing content as long as we are paying. I agree. The issue is PSO2 does not run on a subscription. We (Or rather Sega) is not tethered to Xbox Live contractual obligations slowing down content flow. We are not barred by the hardware limitations of consoles. PSO2 is not PSU. Our predicament is exceedingly different. Decisions have already been made to curtail a repeat.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 02:07 PM
Man sierhiet can you go ahead and just post a list of every kneejerk pro-jp anti-en player.

Because you talk about them a lot but I've only ever seen, like, two people who feel that way. But, then, I don't go sifting through these threads with a fine tooth comb.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 02:12 PM
Man sierhiet can you go ahead and just post a list of every kneejerk pro-jp anti-en player.

Because you talk about them a lot but I've only ever seen, like, two people who feel that way. But, then, I don't go sifting through these threads with a fine tooth comb.

I'm honestly not. I'm just tired of seeing misinformation thrown around every time a discussion on the native release takes place. It's like, we can't have a thread such as the Petition for more Info on the EN release, without seeing said poster talk about how said game is going to suck because of A. B. and C. When A, B, and C are not true in the slightest. It's disegenuous, especially to people who come here looking for information on the EN release, as evident by the plethora of "Whens the game coming" threads.

UnLucky
Mar 26, 2013, 03:24 PM
I always find it funny how vehemently you protest that "this time will be different"

Keep fighting the good fight.

EvilMag
Mar 26, 2013, 03:28 PM
I always find it funny how vehemently you protest that "this time will be different"

Just like with PSU, oh and PSP1, oh and PSZero, oh and PSP2, oh and PSP2i oh wait that didn't come.

Z-0
Mar 26, 2013, 03:31 PM
shame because Infinity was beast.

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2013, 04:33 PM

Yeah. Notice how it only rears its head and opens its terrible maw whenever it smells that someone, somewhere, is saying something bad about the international version of PSO2.

shame because Infinity was beast.

Yes, it was. I still need to buy it someday soon. The demo was so damn fun.

Feign
Mar 26, 2013, 04:59 PM
It'd probably be best if we left Sierheit to his own devices. We'll be happily segregated; those of us who have been lied to, back-stabbed, ignored and abandoned by Segac on one side...and those who haven't yet.

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah. Notice how it only rears its head and opens its terrible maw whenever it smells that someone, somewhere, is saying something bad about the international version of PSO2.

I'm seeing a lot of the same childish troll fodder from the typical, but nothing really of substance to refute or even discuss any of what has been mentioned. Am I lying somewhere down the line? And how is it any different then your typical reaction of "kill it with fire" when you see something remotely positive or neutral about the NA release? You ladies and gentlemen spew the same bitter rants over and over. Its exhausting reading it sometimes, and difficult to avoid when your posting it even in threads dedicated to some positivity on EN release. Please, if you have anything worth noting, by all means.

Tell me exactly how the EN version will fail other then LOL PSU or PSOBB which has already been discussed over and over, and demonstrated to be different. Tell me again how SoA is the bane of your rage when its already been revealed SoJ is pulling the strings? If you don't have anything constructive to say, then leave it alone. We get it. You hate Sega. All I'm doing is setting the facts straight. I'm not trying to convince your broken hearts otherwise.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/foolz/image/1354/61/13546119216005.gif

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 06:15 PM
I'm just tired of seeing misinformation thrown around

oh come on! I hate to bring this back up since there's really nothing else to add to our conversation, but really? Do you not see that irony? :-P

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 06:41 PM
oh come on! I hate to bring this back up since there's really nothing else to add to our conversation, but really? Do you not see that irony? :-P

No. I don't. If your talking about the whole idea of the European laws, then that's perfectly fine. I've already said, a European would know better then me. It, among other things like an RNG revamp are more then likely the main proponents that are causing the delay. That is speculation.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 07:09 PM
Dude, you were spreading misinfo. Stop trying to spin it. You weren't saying "more then likely" at first. You were clearly saying that Sega isn't incompetent and that Scratch was one of the causes for the delay.

Its fine to admit that you were wrong or even that you misspoke. Nobody will judge you for it. :P

Agitated_AT
Mar 26, 2013, 07:16 PM
I'd sign this. Not because I don't want it to, but i'm almost sure it is bound to fail, for many obvious reasons, which wouldn't be a risk worth taking.

I think it's fine the way it is. A japanese server with a very minor group of western players who can play the game. The english patch is the icing on the cake

UnLucky
Mar 26, 2013, 07:19 PM
Tell me exactly how the EN version will fail other then LOL PSU or PSOBB which has already been discussed over and over, and demonstrated to be different. Tell me again how SoA is the bane of your rage when its already been revealed SoJ is pulling the strings? If you don't have anything constructive to say, then leave it alone. We get it. You hate Sega. All I'm doing is setting the facts straight. I'm not trying to convince your broken hearts otherwise.

Well, SoA is still at the mercy of SoJ so PSO2 isn't all that different this go around.

So what is your faith in PSO2 NA/EU based on? That it's not on consoles?

So it could have a steady content flow, albeit delayed, though not increasingly, if SoJ allows it this time. But ignoring that, what makes you think GM support will be any better this time? What makes you think the servers won't get shut down earlier than the JP ones this time? What makes you think the game will be advertised, new players will join, and old players will stay?

Tell me why I should be psyched about an international release of PSO2 other than "there's no reason to believe it will be anything nearly as bad as every previous incarnation of the series because this time will be entirely different"

Totori
Mar 26, 2013, 07:38 PM
Well, SoA is still at the mercy of SoJ so PSO2 isn't all that different this go around.

So it could have a steady content flow, albeit delayed, though not increasingly, if SoJ allows it this time. But ignoring that, what makes you think GM support will be any better this time? What makes you think the servers won't get shut down earlier than the JP ones this time? What makes you think the game will be advertised, new players will join, and old players will stay?

Tell me why I should be psyched about an international release of PSO2 other than "there's no reason to believe it will be anything nearly as bad as every previous incarnation of the series because this time will be entirely different"

Maybe because it's a whole another game. No one knows anything, if you keep a negative outlook on something that's not even out then, of course you'll see the game in a negative light when it does come out. The game is no doubt going to be behind in content, because well SOJ has made the game.

Support for this game will be much easier, it's on one format. They don't have to worry about every single version of the game working. So patches should go much more smoother. As for new players, it's a F2P game. WHO wouldn't come to try something with the known name of Phantasy Star Online's sequel, and it's free. That'll no doubt attract new players. And with new players the server will grow, because if they new players are pleased then they'll tell some others about the game.

Because this game is free they will make a lot of money from the ingame shops. People are known to spend more money on free to play games, because it's simply more easier to do so. That'll ensure that the server's will be around for a quite a while. The servers getting shut down eariler than the JP ones, that's gonna happen they made the game first I mean come on.

Narrillnezzurh
Mar 26, 2013, 07:51 PM
I'm a little shocked at all the hate Sierhiet is getting here, given that he's behaving far more rationally than reptile7383. I know a year without so much as an update is off-putting, but is it really that hard to accept that this isn't the end of the world? I mean, we've already got all of the game's functionality available to us through the JP servers.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 07:56 PM
I'm a little shocked at all the hate Sierhiet is getting here, given that he's behaving far more rationally than reptile7383. I know a year without so much as an update is off-putting, but is it really that hard to accept that this isn't the end of the world? I mean, we've already got all of the game's functionality available to us through the JP servers.

This has been kind of an ongoing thing in every single thread on this topic.

Since July.

I'm serious.

Every. Single. Thread.

Everything that's been said has been repeated about 500 times by now (sometimes 500 times in the same thread).

Sierhiet
Mar 26, 2013, 08:06 PM

Your basically demonstrating that you read absolutely nothing. That would be fine, if you didn't feel it necessary to assert the game is going to fail every time you the get the opportunity. I have commented on this countless posts before.

The game being moved to PC with an F2P pay style is huge. On top of what Totori said, the game doesn't constitute as failure if it releases later then it's native counterpart. I gave you atleast 6 different MMO titles that have done this, and have been successful in previous posts. It is "content flow" that is important, not so much how we start off in content. All the game needs to do is launch in manner the JP servers did, and stay on schedule like the JP servers have. Pushing content through Microsoft like PSU had to deal with, and console limitations is a nonfactor. If it launches with more content then the JP servers did in July, and there are minor tweaks to the RNG then it could be superior. The game will not get shut down early because the content is there, and the population will be there because we are on an F2P model.

As for GM support? You guys aren't really getting the best GM support on JP either, so what was even the point of mentioning that? They've opted to simply handle their problems through Chinese IP bans, or just unfairly banning anyone who seems remotely involved. We've had numerous posts on this. Edit: Let me just add. JP servers have been fine with what little GM support is available. I've answered your question. Now why do you think it will fail albeit this? Seriously?

Agitated_AT
Mar 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
while i think western release is a terrible idea. honestly sierhiet is making the most sense here. +1, you made me reconsider my initial thoughts

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 08:27 PM

Wait what? Why I am now getting hate? Is it even possible to have a conversation on here without somebody hating on somebody else lol

blace
Mar 26, 2013, 08:30 PM
Wait what? Why I am now getting hate? Is it even possible to have a conversation on here without somebody hating on somebody else lol

You are aiming to disprove what isn't there or from past experiences that should no longer apply. Sierhet only gave out possibilities on the delay as well as offering examples of titles with late releases that ended up being successful.

You haven't backed up anything you have said thus far, but attempt to belittle him further.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 08:37 PM
You are aiming to disprove what isn't there or from past experiences that should no longer apply, Sierhet only gave out possibilities on the delay as well as offering examples of titles with late releases that ended up being successful.

You haven't backed up anything you have said thus far, but attempt to belittle him further.

Please, He wasn't talking about "possibilities". That arouse when I pushed him on the subject and asked for supporting evidence. Pointing that out isn't an attempt to "belittle" him. People on here take things far so seriously.

blace
Mar 26, 2013, 08:40 PM
Please, He wasn't talking about "possibilities". That arouse when I pushed him on the subject and asked for supporting evidence. Pointing that out isn't an attempt to "belittle" him. People on here take things far so seriously.

And yet you attempt to disprove him otherwise without examples or sources to show.

reptile7383
Mar 26, 2013, 08:51 PM
And yet you attempt to disprove him otherwise without examples or sources to show.

disprove what? That Sega is dealing with gambling issues? I'm not trying to disprove that. I only show tried to show that theres no reason to think that its the case. I've given the example of runescape which is an EU game with the same "gambling" and showed that pokemons problems weren't because of laws. I'm not proving or disproving anything about this. I planted reasonable doubt and asked for evidence from him (you know the whole burden of proof thing). He then slightly changed his stance and then pretended that it was like that the whole time.

If you think I did a poor job at showing that idea then thats fine. It's all part of conversations and debate. Theres no need for people to resort to 'hate' though.

Z-0
Mar 26, 2013, 08:56 PM
A) Don't remember when or where (I -think- it was on SEGA's Facebook page), but Edward said that SoJ was pulling the strings behind SoA/SoE.

However, I don't see why people expect this to be good. I can't imagine being delusional for like the... 5th or 6th time.

EvilMag
Mar 26, 2013, 08:58 PM
Well...thats Edward. I don't believe anything that tool says.

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 09:07 PM
The problem here is that people keep trying to push the "burden of proof" onto each other when there's no substantial proof in either direction to be had. Sega's track record is pretty bad, there's no question about that, but it's circumstantial at best.

I honestly don't want to go too far into this... whatever this is, so I'm just going to do my usual one-shot bit and go.
What needs to be understood here is that Sega has undergone all sorts of restructuring through the time PSOBB and PSU were things. PSOBB was a port of an existing console game on PC with a subscription. PSU was a (terribly thought out) console and PC game on a subscription. Please don't bring up Infinity as that was a victim of terrible business decisions. (Seriously, announcing a game for stateside release and then announcing a better version of the same game in Japan? Who wouldn't hold onto their money at first and try to wait for the better one? *raises hand* [SPOILER]Then again, I bought Infinity off the JP PSN, so maybe I'm not one to talk, but that's beside the point.)

This brings us to PSO2. It is an original game that is not a port of an existing game made for PCs first and is free-to-play. Sure, we're still dealing with Sega (so some amount of skepticism is understandable), but the foundation, to some extent, is different. I know, Sega's track record makes it hard to put trust in them, but can't we at least withhold judgment until we see how things look at release and how things go for, I don't know, three months? No one has to try anything. No one has to switch. We all just sit back and observe what happens without putting knives at each others' throats and then go wild if everything goes to hell.[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Mar 26, 2013, 09:15 PM
As for new players, it's a F2P game. WHO wouldn't come to try something with the known name of Phantasy Star Online's sequel, and it's free. That'll no doubt attract new players. And with new players the server will grow, because if they new players are pleased then they'll tell some others about the game.So it'll sell on name alone? Well what about player retention? It's free, so they won't play other free games instead?

The servers getting shut down eariler than the JP ones, that's gonna happen they made the game first I mean come on.
So the JP servers will start earlier and last longer, ok.

The game being moved to PC with an F2P pay style is huge. On top of what Totori said, the game doesn't constitute as failure if it releases later then it's native counterpart. I gave you atleast 6 different MMO titles that have done this, and have been successful in previous posts. It is "content flow" that is important, not so much how we start off in content. All the game needs to do is launch in manner the JP servers did, and stay on schedule like the JP servers have. Pushing content through Microsoft like PSU had to deal with, and console limitations is a nonfactor. If it launches with more content then the JP servers did in July, and there are minor tweaks to the RNG then it could be superior. The game will not get shut down early because the content is there, and the population will be there because we are on an F2P model.So basically what I said already, thanks for reading. So how come the JP servers didn't suffer all the same problems if it's such a nightmare to push content? And not every game went through Microsoft, yet still there was inferior service.

As for GM support? You guys aren't really getting the best GM support on JP either, so what was even the point of mentioning that? They've opted to simply handle their problems through Chinese IP bans, or just unfairly banning anyone who seems remotely involved. We've had numerous posts on this. Edit: Let me just add. JP servers have been fine with what little GM support is available. I've answered your question. Now why do you think it will fail albeit this? Seriously?
You really think we'll get the same "player feedback" updates? I mean, sure you need to speak the language, but at least players have an 'in'. They've even got little surveys that don't require absolute fluency to participate in. It may not be SoA's fault that they're not developing the game, but that's still a downside.

Not every F2P game can stay afloat simply on account of it being free to play, and the AC shop is a terrible implementation of microtransactions. I'm worried prices and gambling will scare off many players, and the slow release of content, whether or not it matches 1:1 with the original release, will see the playerbase dwindle.

It can fail on account of these changes just as easily as it can stand tall amongst the other online PS games that failed for totally unrelated reasons.

Narrillnezzurh
Mar 26, 2013, 09:16 PM

No one's giving you hate. I just feel it's necessary to point out, since you're focusing so much on Sierhiet's point about the gambling issue, that you very briefly attempted to argue that because you could play the finished game in Japan, it was obviously ready for western release.

I don't mean to criticize, but let's be fair.

So how come the JP servers didn't suffer all the same problems if it's such a nightmare to push content?

I believe he's saying it was difficult to push content while operating under Microsoft, not that it's difficult to push content in general.

Laxedrane
Mar 26, 2013, 11:00 PM
Gotta make this quick, I'm at work:

@Sierhiet:

A) There is NO PROOF that SOJ is pulling the strings behind SOA.

B) SOA is a group of about 6 people, all those other games you mentioned had DEDICATED teams working on them. Our "dedicated team" will likely be 1 or 2 people. (who don't work on weekends).

C) If someone fails you over and over and over and over, you lose faith in them. This is SMART.

D) Are secretly koolaidpitcher/boomadatigger?

Should we be more positive? Yeah. Am I saying that I want PSO2 to fail in the US? No. I'm simply stating facts, like you are.

You seriously trying to argue that the Owner and his managers have no control what-so-ever over a branch of their company that is basically a satellite office? That if a owner has a part of the company that is not performing up to their standards they wouldn't fire them?

Really?

reptile7383
Mar 27, 2013, 07:47 AM
No one's giving you hate. I just feel it's necessary to point out, since you're focusing so much on Sierhiet's point about the gambling issue, that you very briefly attempted to argue that because you could play the finished game in Japan, it was obviously ready for western release.

I don't mean to criticize, but let's be fair.

You do realize that both of those statements were said in a semi-joking manner right ^^;

Sierhiet
Mar 27, 2013, 09:30 AM
It looks like a lot of the argument you guys are trying to push has been addressed and disproven by others, so I'm going to just comment on something key that wasn't touched on. Long post, but it should answer your question, thoroughly.

So basically what I said already, thanks for reading. So how come the JP servers didn't suffer all the same problems if it's such a nightmare to push content? And not every game went through Microsoft, yet still there was inferior service.

That isn't 'basically what' you said earlier. Your trying to make it as if the switch isn't a big deal, when it is actually the main component of the entire content issue.

The JP PS2/PC servers where the only servers which did not in any way have to deal with Microsoft. They were handled directly by SoJ, did not need any translation, did not need any amendments to run on both Microsoft's and Sony's console, and did not have to go through Xbox Live for hosting rights. On top of that, the game launched earlier. That is why they were fine.

US PS2/PC and anyone playing PSU via Xbox including Japanese natives had to deal with the slow content because content had to 1. Go to SoA for translation (for EN players) and then 2. Go through Microsoft for hosting rights. If you were playing PS2/PC PSU like I was, then you would know our content flow was tethered to the Xbox. That means no one gets anything until everyone can get it. The games were launched simultaneously, and content had to go from SoJ to SoA for translation and modification to Microsoft for hosting for Xbox players. When this entire process was finished, the content would move. No sooner. SoA had to manage it's region and servers as well as deal with Microsoft. SoJ only needed to build.

Now let that soak for a second. Can you imagine the conversation at SoA at one point? It was either allow content to move freely on PS2/PC EN, and deal with having to split their already small task force in order manage both PS2/PC and Xbox separately which would create a dozen more problems (like Xbox plays complaining that PS2/PC were getting ahead) OR release everything in batches and keep the responsible team together. What do you think happened at that point? You don't have to because we already know.

Now imagine a new scenario. Subtract Microsoft involvement. Subtract console micromanagement. Include only the fact that flowing content needs to be translated following launch. That is PSO2 EN.

You really think we'll get the same "player feedback" updates? I mean, sure you need to speak the language, but at least players have an 'in'. They've even got little surveys that don't require absolute fluency to participate in. It may not be SoA's fault that they're not developing the game, but that's still a downside.

Not every F2P game can stay afloat simply on account of it being free to play, and the AC shop is a terrible implementation of microtransactions. I'm worried prices and gambling will scare off many players, and the slow release of content, whether or not it matches 1:1 with the original release, will see the playerbase dwindle.

It can fail on account of these changes just as easily as it can stand tall amongst the other online PS games that failed for totally unrelated reasons.

Your right. Not every F2P game can stay afloat simply on account of it being F2P. I'd agree with the top if we didn't already have the SoJ servers to look at for reference. PSO2 is 'doing numbers'. You could argue fundamentals such as the JP audience being different and receptive to things differently in a few ways then the English. But at that point, it isn't about LOL SoA service is horrible, which your trying so hard to force. They would be giving us the same service JP received after launch 1:1. At that point, it all comes down to the consumer. And for all we know, they could indeed be making tweaks to the RNG to prevent this. But even if they DID'NT there is no indication the EN audience will not be receptive to the current model. Matter of fact, there is every indication that they could. Do you know why? Because we've got English players right now, such as yourself, paying MARKUP Webmoney for AC, just to participate on their foreign servers. And you continue to do so despite what happened to the Chinese, despite the ToS, despite some of you unrightfully getting banned already, ect.

Sierhiet
Mar 27, 2013, 10:00 AM
That's not what I said at all. I said that perhaps it's not SOJ to blame for SOA's mistakes. There's no proof that SOJ is to blame, or that they're not.

He is saying, without getting into semantics which would only support the claim, SoJ is Sega's main corporate branch. If anything happens to Sega as an entity, SoJ is at blame by default.

Getting into semantics, we would highlight things like comments from Edward about not being able to say anything about the release at SoA until given permission from corporate.

UnLucky
Mar 27, 2013, 05:00 PM
It looks like a lot of the argument you guys are trying to push has been addressed and disproven by others, so I'm going to just comment on something key that wasn't touched on.
Disproven with speculation and opinions, sure. Where are the facts?

That isn't 'basically what' you said earlier.Yeah it is, I said "So it could have a steady content flow, albeit delayed, though not increasingly, if SoJ allows it this time." Steady content flow. And then you mention other games that started later to prove to me that it can have delayed content.

US PS2/PC and anyone playing PSU via Xbox including Japanese natives had to deal with the slow content
Ok, so PSO2 doesn't go through MS. Neither did any other PS other than PSU. They weren't as bad (well, Infinity), but still part of the issue. "It won't be as bad as PSU" really isn't very reassuring since that one was just one out of many disappointments. And not everyone will get to hear Sierhiet's guarantee that PSO2 won't be as bad as PSU. SoA certainly isn't going to tell anyone about it.

Laxedrane
Mar 27, 2013, 05:48 PM
He is saying, without getting into semantics which would only support the claim, SoJ is Sega's main corporate branch. If anything happens to Sega as an entity, SoJ is at blame by default.

Getting into semantics, we would highlight things like comments from Edward about not being able to say anything about the release at SoA until given permission from corporate.

Yes this but even if you ignore everything SoA says. Just look at it as a Business. PSO US/EU has been falling behind at an alarming rate since PSOBB. If it was still PSOBB start of PSU days then yes. A argument can be made against SoA being solely at fault. It's been years since then. A Consistent lack of performance has been made in regards to this game and in general with the series.

So that leaves SoJ at two points. Either they apathetic to the situation and don't care about the massive delays. Weather it be incompetence or other factors it's gone on to long for them not to make a statement or try to fix the problem. Or they are actively delaying their product for whatever reason. Spite, lack of resources to produce an international MMO game. Whatever.

Either was SEGA, not Soj or SoA, SEGA has a whole is at fault. This is an on going situation and blaming a specific branch is just petty and will only mask us from the real problems.

Also unlucky. There was an xbox version PSO. Although since the game didn't require to download updates. They never ran into problems with microsoft.

Sierhiet
Mar 27, 2013, 06:19 PM
Disproven with speculation and opinions, sure. Where are the facts?

What are you talking about? Speculations on what, exactly? The fact that SoJ is pulling the strings? That is a fact. Do you really want a list of links to everywhere Edward or customer support have mentioned the game isn't totally within their control yet?

Even the speculations that are there, are based on today's scenario. You are basing your complaints on past experiences, which do not apply to today's.

Ok, so PSO2 doesn't go through MS. Neither did any other PS other than PSU. They weren't as bad (well, Infinity), but still part of the issue. "It won't be as bad as PSU" really isn't very reassuring since that one was just one out of many disappointments. And not everyone will get to hear Sierhiet's guarantee that PSO2 won't be as bad as PSU. SoA certainly isn't going to tell anyone about it.

They weren't nearly as bad. Not even in the slightest. You are grasping straws. Some didn't even have content issues, which is the prime concern. What is the point of you even bringing any other PS title up? PSO DC was a success. PSO Episodes I & II GC had no content issues and was a success. They have nothing to do with this discussion, unless you want an example of how well an EN Phantasy Star title can fare. PSOBB? Two people have already answered you why that situation isn't the same back on pages 7 and 8. And the handheld versions? Seriously? All that does is go back to to fact that PSO2 is PC based. Not to mention the PSP was a dead, overhacked platform by the time the first Phantasy Star Portable came out. This isn't speculation. These are the facts of the matter which you are denying for the sake of being able to complain. Its ridiculous the longer you try to draw this out.

There was an xbox version PSO. Although since the game didn't require to download updates. They never ran into problems with microsoft.

Let me just clarify; PSO on the original Xbox did not run on flowing content, so we can't really reference back to that. There weren't any issues to really be had. Almost all content was available from the beginning.

UnLucky
Mar 27, 2013, 06:38 PM
"A bunch of arguments were proved"

"By that I mean the one thing that isn't definite"

Sure, SoA is below SoJ in the food chain. Does that mean every issue with any Sega product is all on SoJ? You can't blame or praise SoA for anything?

So yesterday has no influence on today which has no influence on tomorrow, ok, good philosophy.

All I see is "It will be different because it is different" vs "It will be the same because it is the same"

Well, we'll see what happens when it happens.

Laxedrane
Mar 27, 2013, 06:50 PM
"A bunch of arguments were proved"

"By that I mean the one thing that isn't definite"

Sure, SoA is below SoJ in the food chain. Does that mean every issue with any Sega product is all on SoJ? You can't blame or praise SoA for anything?

So yesterday has no influence on today which has no influence on tomorrow, ok, good philosophy.

All I see is "It will be different because it is different" vs "It will be the same because it is the same"

No SoA Can be blamed or praised for their work. However, if you turn in bad work consistently. As is the case. It's the Higher ups job to fix the problem, fire, reprimand, retrain, or provide better resources whatever. The failure becomes the whole companies fault. What I am trying to say is that we are long past blaming Soa and J individually.

Sierhiet
Mar 27, 2013, 07:10 PM

No. ಠ_ಠ

What I posted is not nearly that black and white. What you are doing is the equivalent of crawling down a well and getting wet. Then coming across another well years later in a dry, water-less desert, and proclaiming you don't want to crawl down that well because you are afraid of getting wet. Despite the different circumstance.

When you proclaim high and mighty the game is going to fail, and try to convince people of the same, your going off baseless speculation, and past experiences which aren't the same. When we discuss how the game could potentially succeed, we are using facts of the present.

You don't have an answer for anything that's been posted, or a decent counter argument. That's fine, but don't bother trying to tell people the EN launch is going to fail without one.

Runehades
Mar 27, 2013, 11:26 PM
Square ninja did this to Japanese players(Actually said the servers would be separate then when they announced International servers said that they were just going to be added to the Japanese ones)

Incidentally XI is still running.

Also worth mentioning the longest Running PSOs were on consuls and feature international servers.

So while I definitely agree shit would spew back at sega face for doing it. Saying it automatically hurt it's bottom line is a stretch.

I've been saying this on and off. I played FFXI for a while and things were a bit odd at the start and after a while no one cared. I even had a static group as a tank for a long while with an all JP group and had no issues.

I also played FFXIV and there were no issues I saw within the community. I agree this should have just been run by SoJ and had language options. Honestly it's all excuses not to do this but whatever. I'm enjoying the Realm Reborn beta on weekends and the game is honestly pretty amazing so far.

If there is one JP company that will be getting my money it'll be S-E. At least they're trying and not completely ignoring us players on this side of the world.

Nika
Mar 27, 2013, 11:46 PM
That rule is mainly there so they easily can ban foreigners without any further ado, if they so desire.

So, yeah, assholes imo.

A clever person wouldn't tell their friends that "Hey, I use cheat engine" anyway. How can you be so sure that he isn't really using cheat engine that even primary school students know how to use?

Also what gear he use for excuse about banned anyway?

Meta77
Mar 28, 2013, 12:32 AM
So whaat I miss here :o. Can one or why would one use cheat engine.

Narrillnezzurh
Mar 28, 2013, 12:39 AM
You do realize that both of those statements were said in a semi-joking manner right ^^;

Sure, but whether you want to admit it or not it's still the cornerstone of the "why hasn't it been released yet?" argument. We have absolutely no information as of right now. We can do nothing more than speculate as to why it hasn't been released yet, and falling back on the fact that the JP version has been fully functional for months, whether in jest or not, is ignorance.

As for whether the NA release will be successful or not, that's an entirely different issue that I'm not really qualified to weigh in on.

What you are doing is the equivalent of crawling down a well and getting wet. Then coming across another well years later in a dry, water-less desert, and proclaiming you don't want to crawl down that well because you are afraid of getting wet. Despite the different circumstance.

To continue the analogy, the bottom of a well is usually wet regardless of its surroundings for reasons the average person probably doesn't fully understand. It would be totally acceptable for the average person to see a well and assume that the bottom should be wet.

Mr Timbol
Mar 28, 2013, 05:05 AM
Just no.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 07:50 AM
Sure, but whether you want to admit it or not it's still the cornerstone of the "why hasn't it been released yet?" argument. We have absolutely no information as of right now. We can do nothing more than speculate as to why it hasn't been released yet, and falling back on the fact that the JP version has been fully functional for months, whether in jest or not, is ignorance.

As for whether the NA release will be successful or not, that's an entirely different issue that I'm not really qualified to weigh in on.

Its not ignorance, its an over-summarization because I rarely feel like spelling out the whole thing:

The JP version being fully functional just shows that SoA has most of the work done for them. SoA would really only have to translate the game, add English/whatever langauge voice acting, and set up Servers for the game to be functional. I know its speculation but I find it highly unlikely that its technical issues holding them back.

I see no reason to believe gambling laws are the problem or any other legal issues. So that mostly leaves SoA other jobs, like setting up the website, marketing, setting up payment methods, ect. The website it terrible, they aren't advertising at all or even demoing the game to the press, they aren't even talking to their fans. Of everything we can see and knowing past history, incompetence seems like the most likely issue to me.

Furthermore considering that they are all Sega, the fact that SoJ and SoA/SoE couldn't all be working together from the beginning to create far less of a delay in international release, is incredibly annoying to me.

Also I never said anything about whether or not the NA release will be successful.

Narrillnezzurh
Mar 28, 2013, 12:11 PM
Its not ignorance, its an over-summarization because I rarely feel like spelling out the whole thing:

The JP version being fully functional just shows that SoA has most of the work done for them. SoA would really only have to translate the game, add English/whatever langauge voice acting, and set up Servers for the game to be functional.

It's already been pointed out that nearly every successful Asian MMO to be released internationally in recent years has gone through exactly the same thing, over exactly the same time frame. Hence, ignorance.

Of everything we can see and knowing past history, incompetence seems like the most likely issue to me....

Also I never said anything about whether or not the NA release will be successful.

I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you about Sega's competence with the release, I'm just saying none of us have any idea whatsoever whether what's causing the delay is legitimate or not, and given the fact that this sort of thing is totally common, none of us really have the right to make any sort of claim either way regarding Sega's behavior (past the lack of updates, though this is also not uncommon).

And I know you haven't mentioned the game's success post-release. Other posters have, so I'm just covering my bases.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 12:37 PM
It's already been pointed out that nearly every successful Asian MMO to be released internationally in recent years has gone through exactly the same thing, over exactly the same time frame. Hence, ignorance.

no most successful mmos haven't completely shut off all communication. Take Tara for example. Even before the the JP launch, Tara had a fully functional website with talks of Beta. And that was ported by a different company. This is not how you market a game thats coming out soon, thus I still believe it is incompetence

Narrillnezzurh
Mar 28, 2013, 12:45 PM
no most successful mmos haven't completely shut off all communication. Take Tara for example. Even before the the JP launch, Tara had a fully functional website with talks of Beta. And that was ported by a different company. This is not how you market a game thats coming out soon, thus I still believe it is incompetence

I've repeatedly acknowledged the lack of communication. It doesn't change the fact that the time frame is exactly the same despite starting with a "fully functional" version of the game.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:16 PM
Sega needs to IP block the JP version when the US version comes out. If fr good business and to cock block some people here. (Mainly the second)

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 01:29 PM
I've repeatedly acknowledged the lack of communication. It doesn't change the fact that the time frame is exactly the same despite starting with a "fully functional" version of the game.

Actually we have no idea if the time frame is exactly the same. Sega doesn't talk to us remember :P

Sega needs to IP block the JP version when the US version comes out. If fr good business and to cock block some people here. (Mainly the second)

IP blocks are useless.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
Nah they work only the fiends will circumvent it but they are a minority and they are to be ignored a sap on your money they are.

blace
Mar 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
Actually we have no idea if the time frame is exactly the same. Sega doesn't talk to us remember :P

At least they said something about PSO2, whereas people said PSPo2 Infinity was coming, when they never made an announcement for it and never localized it.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:32 PM
People in here are treating SoA how I treat sega in general it's amusing.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 01:37 PM
People in here are treating SoA how I treat sega in general it's amusing.

I give Sega a few brownie point just because sometimes they are able to produce a great game like Bayonetta.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:38 PM
That's platinum not Sega.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 01:39 PM
That's platinum not Sega.

But Sega published it.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:43 PM
It's not their talent though. When's the last time you seen their own internal talent do something that good?
Plus MGR was godlike and it's Konami that published that one but it's all platinum's work. And How it's Nintendo that made Bayonetta 2 possible I give sega zero credit on that one.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 01:46 PM
When's the last time you seen their own internal talent do something that good?

Sonic Generations

And it doesn't really matter if you give them any credit or not. Sega took a big risk providing the money for the game, and that risk allowed for a great game to be made. Besides, I never siad I was giving them a lot of points, only a few :-P

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:49 PM
They took minimum risk Platnium is proved talent. It's how they botched several things that makes me still view them as shit.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 01:53 PM
They took minimum risk Platnium is proved talent. It's how they botched several things that makes me still view them as shit.

Platinum may makes great games, but they aren't always big sellers.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
Part of that is because they chose sega. :P

But it's irrelviant if the games sell enough that they keep making games that's good enough.

The only big seller that ever made sense was perhaps MW2 and Black Ops 2 the rest are ass. :P

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 03:10 PM
It's coming out so this thread is kinda useless now... gg

Edit: inb4 getting flamed. If you think getting an answer with a petition for the sake lf getting an answer at all about release was hard. Dafuq you think this is gonna do?

Narrillnezzurh
Mar 28, 2013, 03:22 PM

TERA wasn't released in the US and Europe until 16 months after the Korean launch. PSO2 won't break 12 months until July this year, so it's safe to say we're on schedule at this point.

Swaggerjak
Mar 28, 2013, 03:40 PM
I was going to read more of this.... then I noticed how many pages there are in it... I'll just say this....

There are two types of people posting here:
--- Logical Individuals
--- Individuals fueled by emotion

Thank you, logical individuals, for existing.

On the note of gambling laws... while that speculation may be true... there are plenty of games released in America (can't comment on european countries [btw this would be a BY COUNTRY issue, not just east/west]) that have gambling systems built into their P2P models. Even if the number of games isn't high, they still exist... and it's unlikely that these games would be granted a special pass to laws while others are ignored.

My comment on the whole thing.... play the JP version, be glad you're not IP banned, spend money if you want to, and just shut up and wait for the english version.

Sound like a bunch of school children getting mad at the teacher for postponing recess because it's raining outside.

Shit happens.

Preposterous Rhino
Mar 28, 2013, 03:44 PM
Sound like a bunch of school children getting mad at the teacher for postponing recess because it's raining outside.

Fantastic analogy.

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 06:04 PM
TERA wasn't released in the US and Europe until 16 months after the Korean launch. PSO2 won't break 12 months until July this year, so it's safe to say we're on schedule at this point.

I'm pretty sure you missed the point

It's coming out so this thread is kinda useless now... gg

Aren't like 99% of petitions useless?

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you missed the point

Aren't like 99% of petitions useless?

Eh.. I normally just standby and watch with no intention on participating.. I wouldn't say 99% are useless, haha.

RedRaz0r
Mar 28, 2013, 07:57 PM
So where's the petition?

blazingsonic
Apr 18, 2013, 11:15 PM
I was going to read more of this.... then I noticed how many pages there are in it... I'll just say this....

There are two types of people posting here:
--- Logical Individuals
--- Individuals fueled by emotion

Thank you, logical individuals, for existing.

On the note of gambling laws... while that speculation may be true... there are plenty of games released in America (can't comment on european countries [btw this would be a BY COUNTRY issue, not just east/west]) that have gambling systems built into their P2P models. Even if the number of games isn't high, they still exist... and it's unlikely that these games would be granted a special pass to laws while others are ignored.

My comment on the whole thing.... play the JP version, be glad you're not IP banned, spend money if you want to, and just shut up and wait for the english version.

Shit happens.

*Gibbs impression* Uh huh..... *Plays Monster Hunter.*

ShinMaruku
Apr 19, 2013, 12:44 AM
Eh.. I normally just standby and watch with no intention on participating.. I wouldn't say 99% are useless, haha.

I will say 99% are useless because they have no effect the people behind them don't know how to put their boot to the throat of those they want to listen.