PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 themed controller

Yamishi
Mar 26, 2013, 01:03 AM
Did a search for this, and only found threads about whether or not you could use controllers with PSO2.

If anyone remembers, when PSO2 first came out, there was some themed hardware released along with it, such as an Alienware laptop and a wireless 360 controller for use with the PC.

The reason I come before you today is such: Does anyone know where one can import any of this hardware? I need a new controller for my PC and figured I'd get one of those PSO2-themed controllers, but can't find them for sale anywhere.

Any suggestions/links? Thanks in advance. :)

Meji
Mar 26, 2013, 03:37 AM
A XBOX 360 control is pretty much plug-and-play, since it's Microsoft (if you're running Windows, that is. Which I guess you are since you're playing PSO2).
Other than that, you can link up any gamepad to the system. Only difference is that the XBOX-layout has the different colored "ABXY" buttons, while the other controllers have gray "1234" icons.

Yamishi
Mar 26, 2013, 04:25 AM
A XBOX 360 control is pretty much plug-and-play, since it's Microsoft (if you're running Windows, that is. Which I guess you are since you're playing PSO2).
Other than that, you can link up any gamepad to the system. Only difference is that the XBOX-layout has the different colored "ABXY" buttons, while the other controllers have gray "1234" icons.

Thank you for the info, but I actually already have the 360 controller running for my PC. I was looking for information on the PSO2 themed controller pictured at the bottom of this page: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-test-pre-registration-campaign/

yoshiblue
Mar 26, 2013, 04:28 AM
A shame the codes have already expired.

Meji
Mar 26, 2013, 04:57 AM
Thank you for the info, but I actually already have the 360 controller running for my PC. I was looking for information on the PSO2 themed controller pictured at the bottom of this page: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-test-pre-registration-campaign/Ah, I understand. I believe that edition has been sold out since long ago.
Your best way of finding one would be to hunt for one at Yahoo! Auctions (http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=Xbox+360&auccat=2084235547&f=0x2&slider=0&tab_ex=commerce&ei=UTF-8&xargs=7&b=1), in the XBOX 360 Accessory field.

Yamishi
Mar 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
Ah, I understand. I believe that edition has been sold out since long ago.
Your best way of finding one would be to hunt for one at Yahoo! Auctions (http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=Xbox+360&auccat=2084235547&f=0x2&slider=0&tab_ex=commerce&ei=UTF-8&xargs=7&b=1), in the XBOX 360 Accessory field.

Thank you for the link! Unfortunately, I didn't see any on there. I wonder where else I might find one... :-?

ikarius030
Mar 26, 2013, 09:29 PM
I use a PS2 controller (with adapter) on my Mac on Windows mode to play PSO2. I could use a PS3 controller but the bluetooth isn't recognized by the Windows drivers.

Actually using a PS2 controller is very easy... plug and play and the button configurations came by themselves just by selecting the option in PSO2 so really to me it's a no brainer. To me PSO started as a console-based game, so it needs a controller... I can't play PSO, PSO:BB or PSO2 with a keyboard or a mouse, it needs a controller (and a keyboard to chat, duh).

I don't have any "themed" controller, and I really have no problem with a PS2/PS3 controller at all.

Yamishi
Mar 26, 2013, 09:35 PM
I use a PS2 controller (with adapter) on my Mac on Windows mode to play PSO2. I could use a PS3 controller but the bluetooth isn't recognized by the Windows drivers.

Actually using a PS2 controller is very easy... plug and play and the button configurations came by themselves just by selecting the option in PSO2 so really to me it's a no brainer. To me PSO started as a console-based game, so it needs a controller... I can't play PSO, PSO:BB or PSO2 with a keyboard or a mouse, it needs a controller (and a keyboard to chat, duh).

I don't have any "themed" controller, and I really have no problem with a PS2/PS3 controller at all.

I know, I've been using a standard wired 360 controller up until now, but it's starting to get a little worn out (I've had it and used it for Phantasy Star games since Blue Burst, and I've sunk thousands of hours into them!) but I was just hoping to find the PSO2 themed controller for my Phantasy Star swag fix. :P If I had to, I could just go buy a wired controller at Walmart, but I wanted to get something a little more... special.

If it no longer exists for purchase, then I'll settle for a plain ol' controller. But if anyone knows where a lowly gaijin could buy one of the PSO2-themed ones, I'd be a happy camper.