PDA

View Full Version : Stories of Epic Win and Epic Luck (and maybe some Epic Fail)

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 04:23 AM
Sorry if there's already a thread for this (that isn't old enough to be considered dead). If not, then we've been needing one.

So I was thinking that enough time has (technically) passed for Runchiyo's hair to grow out some, so I was doing some research into what hairstyle to give her. While looking on Cirnopedia, I discovered one "Casual Long" hairstyle at the very bottom of the list. It said "FUN Scratch" on the acquisition method, but I thought at first that it might've been an older one, so I went into the shops.

Me, being the casual money-making peasant I am, almost had a heart-attack when I learned that they were going on the player market for one million Meseta, seemingly confirming my fear that it was indeed a ticket from an older FUN Scratch. However, upon checking the listing for the current Scratch, there it was, right at the very top. I told myself, "Well, I was saving Run's FUN for the next rotation, but I guess I could give this one last try and hope for the best."

So I pulled out a card. Even though my choice only took all of five seconds, it was a very long five seconds. I quickly wondered to myself which square I should scratch off, pondering if my coveted new hair ticket was even hidden under any of the squares at all. I swallowed my pride, crossed my fingers, and just clicked on the first square, hoping that I would encounter some kind of miracle that would allow me to win the hairstyle I so desired.

[SPOILER]By some miracle, I won.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2510&pictureid=34131[/SPOILER-BOX]

And yet it's too long too soon, so I decided to settle for Medium Straight 3 for now instead.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2510&pictureid=34132[/SPOILER-BOX]
Perhaps sometime after completing Chapter EX will be the appropriate time for that hairstyle.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Anyone else have any stories of Epic Win or Epic Luck they'd like to share with the rest of the [S]class forum?

Rien
Mar 26, 2013, 04:41 AM
See the finds/accomplishments thread

One picture tells you enough luck and win they get '-'

Syklo
Mar 26, 2013, 04:45 AM
Soloing a code Rescue/Funji (I got captured)
Spawning a "Magnetic" vol dragon boost lv3
Handling a red avoid Gel wulff
Having a random MPA player spawn a visbolt code but leave the map

And getting through all of that. Alive.

Sparzyle
Mar 26, 2013, 05:25 AM
Hmm I know I had some stories with my noob luck but my greatest moment was when I had both my chara's Inventory and Bank Inventory near full then I remembed to use my Fun points to see if I could get something cool like the scouter or visors, but then after a long time I got a 3 Days shop (last time I used My Shop was on the Open Beta and they also given me back my crappy stuff I had there...)

Then I sold all the trash items I had and also some tickets I used already and got like 2kk meseta in only 3 hours lol

That was a good day since I never got more than 300k meseta before (I always spent my money on costumes as fast as I got the money lol)

Eveningxtar
Mar 26, 2013, 05:37 AM
Not sure if this count as an Epic Win but downed my first Falz Hunar with an Over End when the timer hits 00.00 during a VH EQ

Limbo_lag
Mar 26, 2013, 05:52 AM
Any time I manage to +10 a 10* I shall consider epic luck =w=

Syklo
Mar 26, 2013, 06:40 AM
Actually I take back what i said before.
Cuz that was all a lie.

Just now I got a Quad Cross Burst with 4 Reboots in a mines AQ (Had to do it for campaign....still didn't do the snow banther one D:)
And it was on the third burst session.

STILL NO NOISE BLOWER!? meh
Inb4wrongthread

Rien
Mar 26, 2013, 06:49 AM
I'm going to start countering with epic fail stories.

Me and my friend were in skylands AQ, hoping to get a Fighting Beat or a Dragon Slayer.

Sure enough, we find a Crys Draal... But we weren't prepared for it to have lv 3 infection.

It completely wiped our asses, over and over and over until the remaining 35 minutes was up. It only reached half hp. We suck.

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 07:15 AM
See the finds/accomplishments thread
Ah, right. I forgot about that thread until I looked back at Page 2. However, it feels like people just make a passing remark about the things that happen in there for the most part. I was honestly going for a bit more of a "story-telling by the campfire" kind of approach.

Eh, oh well. I won't mind if this thread ultimately gets merged with that one.

I'm going to start countering with epic fail stories.
*edits thread title* Oh, please go right ahead. I don't remember the last time we had a thread for those, either (I think I started one a while back, actually, but it fell of the radar quickly enough EDIT: I thought I did, but I guess I didn't).

As for your story... Ouch. I don't think I've had the misfortune to run into a Lv3 tainted boss yet.

Also, that feeling when you want to edit the poll but you can't.

Arrow
Mar 26, 2013, 07:21 AM
Honestly I think I will never top death by Rappy for epic fail,
for a feeling epic noob moment: Beating up caterdan or w/e it's called with WL and not taking a single hit

Hosaka
Mar 26, 2013, 08:46 AM
This thread gave me cancer.

Ezodagrom
Mar 26, 2013, 08:51 AM
A lucky moment, I was fighting Gwanahda, nearly the end of the fight it caught me with its grabbing attack.
This would have been an one hit KO, but my mag shot a barta and Gwanahda died. :>

Jakosifer
Mar 26, 2013, 11:05 AM
Just Guard killing Falz Hunar as he used Rider Kick made me feel like THE HEROTAGONIST, like in my shounen manga