PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Dreams

Meji
Mar 26, 2013, 08:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/meijerem/pso2dreams_zps64365e1b.png

There comes a point in all our lives when we end up playing this game so much it even visits us in our dreams. You find the best of rares, have epic battles and slice through Doodoo with Over End, just to wake up and realize those things actually never happened.

I figured I make a tread for all of us to share our PSO2-related dreams, I'm sure some of you guys must have had some hilarious ones.

Also, here's a fitting song to listen to when reading through everyone's dreams.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ3EiydeUsA[/SPOILER-BOX]

I will start by writing down one of my recent ones. It was some days ago, so I don't remember it in every detail, but here goes:

I was feeling cold. As I opened my eyes and came to senses I realized I was lying face up on a wide ice floe in the middle of the ocean. Snow was slowly falling from the clear azure sky and surfaced on my cheeks just to turn into cold water drops. I was shivering. Where was I, how did I end up in this place? Rubbing my eyes in vain I slowly got myself up and brushed the snow off my uniform just to realize; "Oh, no! Where is my sword!?".
I quickly opened up the interface and scrolled through my inventory just to become ascertained by the fact that all of my equipment was gone. Desperately looking for anything I shoved my hands down my pockets and pulled out a Monomate. Sure, a Monomate is a hunter's best friend, but only one couldn't possibly keep me alive for long. Terrorized by the fact, I gently put it back into my pocket.

The wind suddenly picked up. Snowflakes quickly flied past me in a haze of white as I tightly squished my arms over my face. At times like this, you couldn't but wish you had quipped a warm Rappy Suit earlier. Shutting my eyes closely while trying to figure out my location, my thoughts were quickly interrupted by a devastating roar.

I wasn't alone anymore. This was one roar I had heard before. I made a swift turn and got my arm in place to pull forth my sword, only to be reminded that it was not there. The roar fainted, but I kept my battle stance; I would have to fight bare handed. I must have looked hilarious, trying to pull out something that wasn't even there.
The wind suddenly stopped. The pure white fog of snow slowly faded into nothingness as I stood face to face with my opponent. I had never gazed upon a Snow Banther this big before. Not knowing the outcome of this battle, I put a grin on my face while whispering to myself: "This is what I'm talking about!". I could feel the adrenaline building inside of me. This was no longer a game, it was a matter of killing or be killed. It felt like we could read the others mind as we both launched at each other at the exact time to initiate the attack when suddenly, from nowhere, Skrillex shows up and slaps the fangs out of the Banther so hard it gets thrown over on the side.
Then he drops the bass to finish him off, but the low frequencies were too extreme for the ice floe to withstand, and it shattered into pieces as we all fell into the freezing water.

Then I woke up. ಠ_ಠ
Fuck you Skrillex.

Sp-24
Mar 26, 2013, 08:08 AM
I had a PSO2 dream once. I didn't get Madam's Umbrella there, either.

DFC
Mar 26, 2013, 08:22 AM
This usually happens for most of the games for me when I play 10+ hours a day, I also start having auditory hallucinations, you know the sound when you succesly do a Just attack? Yeah I heard that sound when trying to sleep and I see damage numbers in my eyelids.

I had a dream recently about PSO but I forgot what it was about now, also that theme is awesome

Zipzo
Mar 26, 2013, 08:37 AM
This is now a PSO2-holics anonymous thread.

First step is admitting you have a problem...

supersonix9
Mar 26, 2013, 08:49 AM
I think I +10'd my Ruin Charm in one of 'em

Ezodagrom
Mar 26, 2013, 08:54 AM
It's very rare for me to remember the dreams I had during the night, so no idea if I ever had a dream about PSO2. o-o;

Shinmarizu
Mar 26, 2013, 09:22 AM

I think the majority of us has lasted in this game long enough to freely admit we are addicted.

Like that dream I had where I picked up an awesome rare, ground it to +10 and affixed it without Dudu giving me a single fail. And then I tipped him a huge amount of cash like he was a waiter who gave me excellent service.

...the only time I would respond in kind to his usual farewell.

That bastard. He will never be that nice. I won't get into the nightmares involving him, awake or asleep.

Rien
Mar 26, 2013, 10:24 AM
I've had one where I got sucked into the pso2 universe.

I even spoke in basic japanese. That was scary.

Pyrii
Mar 26, 2013, 10:30 AM
I've had one where I got sucked into the pso2 universe.

I even spoke in basic japanese. That was scary.

Or what you thought was basic Japanese. My dreams do that, my mind comes up with something very convincing, that would probably be gibberish to a native speaker.

Rien
Mar 26, 2013, 10:31 AM
I know enough japanese, but that isn't the point. The fact I was speaking it was scary. '-'

Shadowth117
Mar 26, 2013, 10:31 AM
I recall having a few, but I don't remember the details. Something about finding a bunch of rares that don't exist in the actual game... -_-'

Gama
Mar 26, 2013, 10:32 AM
funny, i dreamt today that i had a vita and was playing the game there o.o weird isn't it? but it had like ulta res and gfx.

the most odd thing is that i woke up looking for my vita lol "took me like 2 min to realize i dont have one"

EvilMag
Mar 26, 2013, 12:29 PM
I fought Dudu-nero and lost. All my weapons were at +0 and all my grinders were gone. ;-;

bhaal
Mar 26, 2013, 12:36 PM

My only problem with this game is I canīt get any usable drop,... mhhhh, well I canīt get any rare drop at all.

BIG OLAF
Mar 26, 2013, 04:16 PM
I've had a quite a few dreams involving things from PSO2, from weapons, to characters, to music, even. Some of them definitely aren't for public discussion, though...

yoshiblue
Mar 26, 2013, 04:20 PM
Closest thing I got to a PSO dream was Vol and Rathalos battling it out on top of Mario Kart 64's Skyscraper. Complete with 15 episode wait time, lots of trash talk back and forth and those speed line close ups.

Jungo Torii
Mar 26, 2013, 04:25 PM
I don't have a PSO2 dream that I distinctly remember.

I have been having pretty frequent dreams lately...maybe one'll pop up eventually and I'll have to post it here.

Lostbob117
Mar 26, 2013, 04:56 PM
If I had a pso2 dream I don't remember it like the rest of my dreams.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 05:00 PM
I had a nsfw dream

i had sex with a pwand

Gama
Mar 26, 2013, 05:25 PM
I had a nsfw dream

i had sex with a pwand

did you enjoy it? or was it painful?

pwands arent very smooth last time i checked.

should have dreamed this into that dream. makes life easyer!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.ultramalerx.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/w/swiss_navy_flav_4_oz_straw_kiwi.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alnet
Mar 26, 2013, 06:38 PM
If I had a pso2 dream I don't remember it like the rest of my dreams.

Gonna go with this. Though I'm certain it's happened at least once.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 26, 2013, 09:18 PM
Paracabana coast, but with realism, and it was merged with another beach in my gaming history+^_^+
and another dream where i had a large 3D metal printer, and made a fully pose-able life size version of Mary and a few other PSOW characters out of bronze and steel using that "Real Feel Superskin" stuff for the flesh+^_^+ made oodles of moneyz in that dream....

ikarius030
Mar 26, 2013, 09:23 PM
Funny you talk about this, specially today. I had a dream PSO2-esque last night... Nothing actually PSO2 like character/story wise, but the damn soundtrack was there lol

It was a dream about a human (me) in a weird high school (I'm 30, so high school is way behind me) where the main character of the dream met a girl and then some menace came upon from another planet and the main character had to save those weird cute people. The end of my dream is very clear, don't ask for the details of the rest though. The human (again, being me, first person perspective dream) had to fight some kind of evil... and there it was... Dark Falz Arms theme (the one that has IDOLA the Holy theme in). When I woke up I told to myself: "Well dude, you don't play enough PSO2 to actually have a PSO2 dream, but enough to have the damn soundtrack in your sub-concious)."

EDIT: I remember parts of it, because it actually marked me enough that whenever I think about that dream I wish I will have it tonight because it made me feel so good in the end, lol.

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 09:27 PM
did you enjoy it? or was it painful?

pwands arent very smooth last time i checked.

should have dreamed this into that dream. makes life easyer!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.ultramalerx.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/w/swiss_navy_flav_4_oz_straw_kiwi.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

it was amazing until i realized i was the wrong class then i couldn't get it on anymore

Mekhana
Mar 26, 2013, 09:38 PM
When I started playing PSOBB, I was having a really tough time with De Rol Lee.

A few days later... He started to haunt me in my dreams.

~Aya~
Mar 26, 2013, 09:40 PM
Had one the other night where I was invited to become an employee at SoJ and held in-game events. Oddly enough, as I was playing the game as a [GM], I suddenly felt the world around me change and then I was literally my own character inside of the game. I can only remember talking to some of you that I know and it went blank after that. Wish I could remember more. /nerd

Phelsetti
Mar 26, 2013, 09:49 PM
Haha...I had a recent dream whenever I opened anything up I suddenly hear, "AKACHAN WA DOKO KARA KURU NO..."

Gonna miss that music tomorrow...the song has already seeped through my soul. :)

ikarius030
Mar 26, 2013, 09:53 PM

That was, beside Idolla in my opinion, one of the bosses with the coolest music. Hard to forget ! *goes on youtube to listen to the song*

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 10:06 PM

Man, I wish I dreamt of de rol le. He is my favrit.

connor_the_kid
Mar 26, 2013, 10:11 PM
yes I had a PSO2 dream, but it wasnt fleshed out. only happened once, and it was this week.

it pretty much involved me finding a twin brand in my inventory, but I didnt really want it, so sold it for some meseta.

TERAGON1996
Mar 26, 2013, 10:14 PM
I had a dream when I changed to a lobby the whole lobby is dark with blue floor lights and it looks like disco, I remember seeing a char dancing at the elevator and the lights were like going from the elevator to the middle of the lobby (you know what I mean, right?)
I remember fighting clones in forest and they have like green auras around them, and I remember Afin is one of the clones

Syklo
Mar 26, 2013, 10:19 PM
I had a cup of coffee with Falz Hunar.

We talked about the silly costumes many ARKS wear.

Natsu Nem
Mar 26, 2013, 10:21 PM
I had a dream where I was walking to a gas station to buy eggs.

I took a few steps towards the gas station's door and a Ragne appears in front of it.

Lostbob117
Mar 26, 2013, 10:22 PM
I had a cup of coffee with Falz Hunar.

We talked about the silly costumes many ARKS wear.

Best dream so far.

キット
Mar 27, 2013, 02:59 AM
I've had many dreams with PSO2 that I practically just call it another world because they're so real and consistent.

Recently this happened:
I woke up in the last spot that I was in. Which was the campship in the area of the Floating Islands.
I smiled and pulled out my dual techs, spinning them around in my hands and shooting a couple rounds at the bulletproof window. After that nice reminder, I walked to the drop in, looking at the various telepipes on the ground remembering that I finished the mission. As I walked back, I saw Persona right behind me in the campship.
Persona didn't say anything and just stared at me. I readied my techs but then he raised his hand and spawned a rare capsule on the floor.

I questioned the capsule on the ground and Persona just said, "それを取る。(Take it.)" and vanished into the darker portal he created. So I took it, and ran back to the lobby to the tekker. Surprisingly...he gave me a Flame Visit with Dark Element.
Then I realized that even if I did fight him in the campship, I wouldn't have been able to do anything. My dual techs are Dark Element.

So I knew now that Persona was watching me. After avoiding Dudu, I returned to the team room and rested there, waking up.

Meji
Mar 27, 2013, 04:17 AM
I took a few steps towards the gas station's door and a Ragne appears in front of it.Did you hear the "EMERGENCY CODE" call as well? xD

Syklo
Mar 27, 2013, 04:35 AM
Did you hear the "EMERGENCY CODE" call as well? xD
EMERGENCY!
COde...FUEL!

yoshiblue
Mar 27, 2013, 08:51 AM
How come I can't have civil dreams too? Awesome dreams are awesome.

Meji
Apr 5, 2013, 06:31 AM
Ugh, had another dream about me playing PSO2 last night.
Dreamt I managed to sell of my Jinrai (Partisan of Lightning) for 75 millions, then when I browsed the marketplace, I found another one being sold for 29k, so I bought it right away and affixed it back to look like the old one, then sold this one too.

Then I woke up, and were 150 millions poorer.
This game is breaking my mind.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 06:35 AM
Yesterday I had one where my computer overheated so much (because lol AQ Quad Cross Burst 20 minutes) that it exploded infront of me, blinding me. Once I could see again (essentially it was like, fading out of the dream but getting back into it)...........I BECAME MY PSO2 CHARACTER

I WAS A GIRL (Not for the first time...?)

Ok, TMI, you don't need to know what happened after that ^^;
Except that the Hafuri Maihime was OOOOOOOOOH SO SILKY/SMOOTH

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 06:36 AM
I had a dream that I found a super legendary rare wand worth 50 mil.

That I would sell for 50 mil.

Then I woke up.

PSO2 life sucks.

ignika98
Apr 5, 2013, 09:10 AM
I recently had one where I was in the lobby on the shop floor, then all of a sudden
the whole lobby goes red an alarm goes off. All the players start attacking the doors where you change block/floor, and then suddenly arks clones of everyone on the ship appear out of them! All the elevators locked until we defeated the clones. Then I see Dark Falz outside the windows in the gate area. We then proceed to defeat Dark Falz as normal.

I then woke up and thought:
"Gee wiz! I cant wait to do that again!"

So I log on to pso2 and it took me a good 2 minutes of idling in the lobby to realize it was a dream.