PDA

View Full Version : Should i switch to hunter?

Monstrousangel
Mar 26, 2013, 06:48 PM
I started playing this game yesterday and i got to level 17 as a ranger, but I've always kinda wanted to switch over to hunter because their weapons look badass. Should I do it? Rangers don't have any cool looking weapons.

Sp-24
Mar 26, 2013, 06:50 PM
Why not? all it takes is a visit to the class counter. You can even switch back later.

Also, there's a thread for quick questions already.

Arrow
Mar 26, 2013, 06:55 PM
Look at some of the discussions on Hunter, might shed some light.
Ultimately yer best bet is to just try it out by switching class, doesn't hurt anything to try.
The immediate difference is going to be how fast you can kill things, because the undeniable truth is you have to *obviously* chase things down in order to kill them.
Melee IMO (and ppl can agree sort of on this point) is a "challenge" class that takes more "player skill" than the ranged classes (your in the freaking fray you learn to dodge, block, or die pretty quick).

UnLucky
Mar 26, 2013, 06:57 PM
Just don't raise your mag for a class you're not going to use.

You only get one unless you pay real money dollars.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 26, 2013, 07:21 PM
id say make a hybrid mag thats 75 r 75 s att if you want to play both

Monstrousangel
Mar 26, 2013, 09:52 PM
Just don't raise your mag for a class you're not going to use.

You only get one unless you pay real money dollars.

Oops, i've been giving my mag my spare guns...

Monstrousangel
Mar 26, 2013, 09:53 PM
id say make a hybrid mag thats 75 r 75 s att if you want to play both

I don't really understand mags other than that i should feed them whatever things that i would use, so could you kinda explain what you're talking about?

Phelsetti
Mar 26, 2013, 09:54 PM
Not like it's too late to restart if you're worried about mag. Level 17 isn't too bad. But you're free to change classes anytime, try them all out! :)

Mags are pretty much your shortcut to better equipment. Feed them certain items will raise the stats of that stat of the specific item you fed it...
Wait...I'll just link you a great guide about mags. :)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 09:57 PM
Try everything!

Really though, do that. Each class is a different take on the game, and many classes offer entirely different things to your main class in the form of a subclass. GU/RA is strong, for example, but RA/HU and RA/FI are both heavy hitters in their own right.

TERAGON1996
Mar 26, 2013, 10:02 PM
Mags helps you boost your stats and making you capable of equiping stronger weapons, but the drawback is that you can only have your mag to lv150, meaning 150 stats can be given to your character stats. Lets say that you want to equip Elder Rifle but you are 50 R-atk (your base stat with skill tree on) short requirement to equip it, so if your mag has 50 r-atk then you can equip the rifle, If you have your mag 100 skill, meaning you can only have 50 r-atk in your mag, but if you put 150 r-atk, you can't add anymore to other stats

Monstrousangel
Mar 26, 2013, 10:07 PM
Actually, I think I'll stick to Ranger and maybe try out Force. I just read a thread about how melees are dead weight and it convinced me that they're kinda inferior. Thanks to everybody.

Rien
Mar 26, 2013, 10:09 PM
They are pretty much inferior by design, intended or not '-'

gigawuts
Mar 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
Well, that depends. They're only dead weight if A. you're terrible (they're not bad, they're just not as good as other options) and B. people care. For A. that'll vary from person to person. For B. if people are telling you NO MELEES ALLOWED, then get new friends. It's a game, meant for having fun. That's not a fun mentality.

For engaging gameplay I find melee the most interesting, by a mile. They're pretty much all I play. In AQ's, in bosses, in MPA's, falz, all of it. You can keep up with them, it just takes more effort to do it.

For some of us that effort is what keeps the game interesting. We'd just prefer that if we're exerting a whole lot more effort and being punished far worse for our mistakes that we actually get more for our work, and the JP players feel similarly. HU recently got a nice boost to its weapons (PP siphoning and swing speed for normal attacks on sword, and gear filling), and HU is getting another couple boosts today.

The other issue is HU skills kind of stagnate towards endgame, which won't be a problem for you until you get there. That's also being addressed shortly.

Honestly, I say try them out anyway. Just make SURE you get Just Reversal first, Just Guard second, and absolutely make sure to get sword gear at some point - even if you think you hate swords. Swords without the gear aren't even half of what they become when you have sword gear.

Also, as a subclass Fighter skills are hands down the best all around damage boosters in the game. Brave stance boosts your attacks from an enemy's front by 44%, wise stance boosts rear damage by 69%. Even if you never play HU for 30 seconds, FI is phenomenal regardless of what you're using. Subbing FI is basically taking your main and subbing it too.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 26, 2013, 10:15 PM
Gunner is more badass, reducing reason to switch to hunter

TERAGON1996
Mar 26, 2013, 10:24 PM
Just remember to keep the Guard button at all time if you have Just Guard which totaly reflects the damage from the enemy back to him
There are certain drawbacks in each classes and they are
Hu-hard to follow up to a far enemy that goes fast and in mpa other long range classes will kill that enemy 1st
Ra-can shoot from both short and long distance but very low damage with rifles, high damage with radius but can't move with launcher
Fo-High damage, tactical but consumes alot of pp if you are doing crazy techs here and there and once you are out of pp, you better start running from enemies and Rod is like using a partizan and talis is like launcher. you can use gunslash is move and shoot and regain alot of pp but your t-atks are rather low, unlike when you are using other force weapons

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 26, 2013, 11:22 PM
Ya thinking hunters are dead weight because some tard made a thread about isn't a good thing to do at all. My advice is ask around with people that actually know how to play the classes.

Monstrousangel
Mar 26, 2013, 11:24 PM
Ya thinking hunters are dead weight because some tard made a thread about isn't a good thing to do at all. My advice is ask around with people that actually know how to play the classes.

But the thing is, i think the guy actually made some good points. I don't want to have to be really 'into' the game to play. As in, I'm lazy and don't want to have to learn another class and become good with it to catch up to the other people playing different classes, doing the same damage with less work.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 26, 2013, 11:25 PM
I'm lazy and I feel just fine when I play as a cast, which is hunter.

The people I play with are gunner and force, and they don't outshine me one bit

Monstrousangel
Mar 26, 2013, 11:31 PM
I'm lazy and I feel just fine when I play as a cast, which is hunter.

The people I play with are gunner and force, and they don't outshine me one bit

I bet those people are playing even more lazily.

Arrow
Mar 27, 2013, 02:02 AM
I bet those people are playing even more lazily.

Hardly.
A good Hunter that knows the map leads the pack.
Try to stay one step ahead of others, otherwise you might feel like your trying to pick up table scraps after they had a feast.
HU is the lonewolf that can't be too much of a lonewolf yet must be in order to pick up trash mobs.
I stand by my one arguement that they shine in bosses, but that requires ninja skills with evade and guard...and ultimately learning when to just run for your life whichdisruptsthedpsandcausesmyarguementtobeinvalid .

And HU is supposed to be the heartier class that can take-a-lick'n-and-keep-on-kick'n but then there's flinch mechanics....

yoshiblue
Mar 27, 2013, 02:09 AM
Whats your beef with the Galaxy class?