PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after intro movie?!

FoulCheese
Mar 26, 2013, 10:41 PM
I've been playing this game on the JP server for like a month maybe, no problems or anything. Anyway I got error-ed out during a mission, and tried to relog. No sucess, so I stopped playing for about 30 minutes or so and wasted some time on Diablo 2.
Went back to PSO2 and my launcher started checking the 11k files so I assumed there was a patch.

Now upon getting past the intro movie I am faced with a black screen, no visuals or menus, but I can hear the menu sounds and music.
Can anyone help me out?

:sleepy:

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 10:45 PM
I haven't tried putting the current English patch back in, but if you're experiencing that issue, then we might need an update.

Ezodagrom
Mar 26, 2013, 10:46 PM
I haven't tried putting the current English patch back in, but if you're experiencing that issue, then we might need an update.
I'm almost certain that both the main and large packs will need to be updated, since there's files in today's update that match with files in both packs.

FoulCheese
Mar 26, 2013, 10:54 PM
So, I take a break until a new ENG patch comes?
Thats not too bad, I just was afraid my game was broken.
That's good news then, Thanks for the replies!

FoulCheese
Mar 26, 2013, 10:55 PM
And yeah, I put the large and main files in so maybe it is because the patch files are outdated.

Ezodagrom
Mar 26, 2013, 11:00 PM
Possibly around the time or some time after maintenance is over, it's likely that at least the main pack will be updated.

FoulCheese
Mar 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
YEEP! :D
That soon?

Blackheart521
Mar 26, 2013, 11:04 PM
That soon?

Yeah, they usually get it done in time with the patch or a little bit after it comes out

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 11:05 PM
That soon?

What Blackheart521 said.

Agrajag is usually quick in getting the core patch updated (from memory, he usually gets it up before or around the time maintenance ends). So you probably won't have to take a break, per se. You'll just have to live with a bunch of E-Trial/field chatter being untranslated while the Large Files patch is being worked on, at worst.

FoulCheese
Mar 26, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'll just filter that stuff out xD
I'm usually on party only chat anyhow :]

Chik'Tikka
Mar 26, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hopefully Kion's story patch will get re-hashed (or whatever they call it) within a couple days+^_^+ finally started playing matter board today+^_^+
And yes, patch will be in the same place, don't mention the site though here, against rules to talk about *where* to get patches+^_^+

FoulCheese
Mar 26, 2013, 11:13 PM
I shall delete my post :c
I wasn't aware!
Sorry

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 11:40 PM
Just FYI, a new core patch just went up.

The Large Files patch is still pending, though (exactly as expected), so don't use it yet.

FoulCheese
Mar 27, 2013, 12:01 AM
Just FYI, a new core patch just went up.

The Large Files patch is still pending, though (exactly as expected), so don't use it yet.

Thanks for the info :D

Kion
Mar 27, 2013, 01:15 AM
Hopefully Kion's story patch will get re-hashed (or whatever they call it) within a couple days+^_^+ finally started playing matter board today+^_^+
And yes, patch will be in the same place, don't mention the site though here, against rules to talk about *where* to get patches+^_^+

I'm going to finish the Arks Side Chapter by Friday, so hopefully the link will be up by this week end. I'll start working on Chapter 9 as soon as someone provides a video of it. And I don't think anyone realizes how much much work Caledonia put into v0.4, so hopefully it works as is.

FoulCheese
Mar 27, 2013, 01:22 AM
Is the game down?