PDA

View Full Version : Servers are up, but i'm stuck in the loading tunnel.

Monstrousangel
Mar 27, 2013, 03:07 AM
Anybody else having this problem? Maybe theres a passive queue system for people logging in?

Sp-24
Mar 27, 2013, 03:10 AM
Did you apply an english patch?

Monstrousangel
Should I restart my client?

Maronji
If you're using the Large Files English Patch Add-on, don't.

If you're using the March 13 core English Patch, update it.

If neither, uh... *shrugs*

Monstrousangel
Mar 27, 2013, 03:11 AM
Did you apply an english patch?

Yes, I did apply the english patch

blace
Mar 27, 2013, 03:11 AM
Well, did you use the outdated english patch from 3/13? There's an updated patch for this update.

Always check for an updated patch during large updates.

Monstrousangel
Mar 27, 2013, 03:12 AM
If you're using the Large Files English Patch Add-on, don't.

If you're using the March 13 core English Patch, update it.

If neither, uh... *shrugs*

I thought the new large files isn't available yet? I put in the old one.

Maronji
Mar 27, 2013, 03:12 AM
I thought the new large files isn't available yet? I put in the old one.

Again, don't.

File-check your client (third button on the launcher) and only apply the core patch. The Large Files patch is most likely broken at the moment.

EDIT: Believe me when I say this has happened before for exactly the same reason.

Monstrousangel
Mar 27, 2013, 03:15 AM
Again, don't.

File-check your client (third button on the launcher) and only apply the core patch. The Large Files patch is most likely broken at the moment.

EDIT: Believe me when I say this has happened before for exactly the same reason.

Will the process take a long time?

Maronji
Mar 27, 2013, 03:17 AM
Will the process take a long time?

Not really. The English Patch files are, generally, pretty small. You'll only be downloading ~98MB or so for the whole batch.

The only thing that will take a bit is the verification process (aka "Does this file's CRC match the patch server's CRC? No? Add that one to the list and show me the other 11000+ CRCs please!", but it tends to check anywhere from 10-100 files per tick, depending on the speed of your computer, from what I've noticed).

Monstrousangel
Mar 27, 2013, 03:23 AM
Not really. The English Patch files are, generally, pretty small. You'll only be downloading ~98MB or so for the whole batch.

The only thing that will take a bit is the verification process (aka "Does this file's CRC match the patch server's CRC? No? Add that one to the list and show me the other 11000+ CRCs please!", but it tends to check anywhere from 10-100 files per tick, depending on the speed of your computer, from what I've noticed).

Oh, i was talking about the file check

Maronji
Mar 27, 2013, 03:24 AM
Oh, i was talking about the file check

That's... exactly what I was talking about. Slightly misleading, maybe, but I meant what I said.

Combined, the English Patch files are ~98MB. That means, after the verification stage, the file-check process has to re-download about that much worth of data files (in about 45 files or so). Depending on your computer's speed (and how well you maintain the hard drive PSO2 is installed on), every time the count updates during the verification stage, it'll tick anywhere between 10-100 (and beyond, if your computer's a beast).

Fandom Ruck
Mar 27, 2013, 03:27 AM
I'm having no problem with the English patch. I loaded my game perfectly fine with the 3/27 one.

FoulCheese
Mar 27, 2013, 04:09 AM
I am following your advice to the letter Maronji, re-checking the 11k files and I'm only going to put the core patch in. Mind if I add you? You seem to be a very helpful and kind soul. :3