PDA

View Full Version : PC to console.

Bowzer
Mar 28, 2013, 10:38 AM
So when I get PSO2 I'm going to run it on a laptop and play that through my tv with a Xbox controller it's just an idea for anyone who might like the console feel. I do have one small question though if you don't have the best graphics on your laptop will the tv clear everything up or will it stay the same?

Also does anyone already play like this and what do you think of it?

connor_the_kid
Mar 28, 2013, 10:39 AM
most of us use a controller

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 10:46 AM
My Computer monitor is my T.V, however I use a keyboard cause I like them more and flat out hate controllers.

connor_the_kid
Mar 28, 2013, 10:49 AM
oh yeah, to answer your question, no.

if your laptop isnt powerful enough, playing it through your TV isnt going to help anything. its just being used as the monitor. its not processing the graphics. the laptop will still be doing that.

Zipzo
Mar 28, 2013, 10:56 AM
I play on my TV just as you described and no, the TV is just acting as a monitor, not another graphics cars. Good thing my PC is sick, looks great ^^

fay
Mar 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
Using a controller is MUCH better than using the keyboard.

connor_the_kid
Mar 28, 2013, 11:16 AM
Using a controller is MUCH better than using the keyboard.

comfort-wise yes

for efficiency no

RedRaz0r
Mar 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
When im tired or not feeling well, i tend to hook my pc up to my tv and kick back in bed with a 360 controller. Its super fun. The keyboard and mouse controls are a bit better imo, but its perfectly fine playing that way, feels pretty console like as well.

Also, it wont clear up that way most likely. It should be about the same as your laptop graphics.

Mag-X
Mar 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
It will look worse on your TV because the image will be bigger, so you'll be able to more clearly see any jagged edges or low quality textures. Medium graphics settings at 1280x720 are about what console games look like anyway though, so unless you're used to playing PC games you might not even notice.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 11:36 AM
comfort-wise yes

for efficiency no

That's a opinion actually, I am more comfortable with keyboard then controller. I'm to use to keyboard and mouse that when I hold a controller it feels weird.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 11:39 AM
It will look worse on your TV because the image will be bigger, so you'll be able to more clearly see any jagged edges or low quality textures. Medium graphics settings at 1280x720 are about what console games look like anyway though, so unless you're used to playing PC games you might not even notice.

Actually this is wrong. If you set the resolution to a certain one for that T.V it will be same as a monitor.

I had my T.V on 1360 by 768? for a while. I didn't see any jagged edges but for shadows which I saw on my monitor too. But when a picture was taken cause of the res it showed jagged edges but only in pictures!

Shadowth117
Mar 28, 2013, 12:15 PM
comfort-wise yes

for efficiency no

It may be easier to aim with a mouse overall, but its not more efficient if you don't let it. And yes I and others have proved this before.

connor_the_kid
Mar 28, 2013, 12:30 PM
aiming with m&kb is more precise, but moreover hotkeys usage is far more convenient .

this is coming from a controller user. since PSO2 doesn't really require one to be 'competitive', I have no problem using the controller due to the comfort it provides

Kamekur
Mar 28, 2013, 12:33 PM
Why don't you just play with both? As a melee I use a controller to fight and my keyboard to use hotkeys. It works like a charm.

connor_the_kid
Mar 28, 2013, 12:39 PM
you mean like hold a controller and take your hands off the controller to your hotkeys?

thats even less efficient than just scrolling through the hotbar with dpad

reptile7383
Mar 28, 2013, 01:33 PM
you mean like hold a controller and take your hands off the controller to your hotkeys?

thats even less efficient than just scrolling through the hotbar with dpad

Unless you have discovered a way to keep your hand on WASD and still hit the '0' hotkey, it's really not that different.

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2013, 01:35 PM
comfort-wise yes

for efficiency no

Depends on the class, really.

I don't normally do FO or RA with M&K unless I'm feeling VERY lazy. I play melee with my controller full time, and it feels the most right.

Zyrusticae
Mar 28, 2013, 01:40 PM
At no point in the game do you ever need to make use of more than one key on your sub-palette at a time. In every case it is entirely trivial to just use the d-pad to highlight what you want to use.

I personally use both. I never actually need to take my hands off the controller, I can just use my pinky fingers to stab whatever key I need when I need it (usually to switch weapons). But it's worth noting that I am also an extremely fast touch-typist so it's not like I need to hunt and peck for keys or anything. Even then, there are frequent lulls in the action where you can take your hands off the controller for the split second you need to stab a key.

RedRaz0r
Mar 28, 2013, 01:50 PM
You can argue about it all day, but no matter what, pressing 3 or 4 buttons on a controller to switch between pbs, stances, spells, or items is less efficent than pressing one button on a keyboard

Chik'Tikka
Mar 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
i do this+^_^+ HDMi to mah 1080 screen, wireless gears controller+^_^+ been some times where I'm trying to hit dashboard button and I'm like "WTF?" (liqueur involved) on the other part, i have a friend who plays PSO2 on his TV the same way (cept he uses keyboard and mouse) and he's just got the integrated GPU that comes with 1st gen i3 CPU, so PSO2 is playable, but now if your laptop is too weak or too old, running a second monitor may be too much to handle, you won't know until you try+^_^+

mind if i ask what kind of laptop it is?? or at least your CPU/GPU?? you can check this by running DXDiag +^_^+

as for controller comfort, i have next to no experience using a mouse to control games, trying to use one is like fighting almost 15 years of analog habits, and like 8 years of Gears, CoD, and Halo, I'm just a better ranger with my controller+^_^+ also, i remapped my sub-pallet to the number pad, as a cashier i have no issue hitting those keys, and it takes like no time to hit them real quick with my right hand for healz and such+^_^+

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2013, 02:02 PM
Unless you have discovered a way to keep your hand on WASD and still hit the '0' hotkey, it's really not that different.

www.razerzone.com

www.logitech.com

have fun

Retto
Mar 28, 2013, 02:06 PM
i do this+^_^+ HDMi to mah 1080 screen, wireless gears controller+^_^+ been some times where I'm trying to hit dashboard button and I'm like "WTF?" (liqueur involved) on the other part, i have a friend who plays PSO2 on his TV the same way (cept he uses keyboard and mouse) and he's just got the integrated GPU that comes with 1st gen i3 CPU, so PSO2 is playable, but now if your laptop is too weak or too old, running a second monitor may be too much to handle, you won't know until you try+^_^+

mind if i ask what kind of laptop it is?? or at least your CPU/GPU?? you can check this by running DXDiag +^_^+

as for controller comfort, i have next to no experience using a mouse to control games, trying to use one is like fighting almost 15 years of analog habits, and like 8 years of Gears, CoD, and Halo, I'm just a better ranger with my controller+^_^+ also, i remapped my sub-pallet to the number pad, as a cashier i have no issue hitting those keys, and it takes like no time to hit them real quick with my right hand for healz and such+^_^+

Do you type like this to be ironic and funny?

I'm not laughing.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 28, 2013, 02:11 PM

I'm not laughing.

*searches thru past posts* umm... no??? +^_^+
anyway, こにちは!! welcome to the forums!! plz avoid unnecessary flames, they hurt feeling and the powers that be doan like them much either+^_^+

Bowzer
Mar 28, 2013, 02:28 PM
Edit.

Bowzer
Mar 28, 2013, 02:32 PM

Well I don't actually have one yet I'm getting one as a graduation present and was just trying to see if people did that because I'm waiting for the NA release and I'm hoping it will be sometime over summer that way I can have all these questions cleared up and play on the first day .

Ryo
Mar 28, 2013, 02:43 PM
PSO2 is hardly a game where efficiency is key. Also, I kind of laugh at the perceived need for efficiency in a game. I can't even fathom what it's like to take a game so seriously.

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 02:57 PM
I have an 72" and 52" That I switch between sometimes.. I really should invest in a better video card over my TV's..... everything else is wireless. KB/MOUSE/CONTROLLER.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 03:51 PM

I'm not laughing.

I'm not laughing.

Note to you: Everyone has their own way of typing.

Retto
Mar 28, 2013, 03:56 PM

I'm not laughing.

Note to you: Everyone has their own way of typing.

ok^___________^then ill just ^______________^type like this
^_____________________^is that ~(^_^)~ OK??? not annoying^O^ RIGHT????====^___________^===

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 04:00 PM
^_____________________^is that ~(^_^)~ OK??? not annoying^O^ RIGHT????====^___________^===

Go for it.

Retto
Mar 28, 2013, 04:01 PM
I won't, because I'm not a jackass. When I go to an English forum, I expect to see posts which resemble the English language.

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2013, 04:01 PM

Text on a screen sure seems to bother you.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 04:14 PM
I won't, because I'm not a jackass. When I go to an English forum, I expect to see posts which resemble the English language.

D035 TH15 B0TH3R Y0U? ぃぃぃ~

Kondibon
Mar 28, 2013, 04:15 PM
You don't need to antagonize each other guys.

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2013, 04:18 PM
You're right. It's optional.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 28, 2013, 05:49 PM

+10 gigawuts

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 07:36 PM

Gigabutts never ceases to amaze me.

Bowzer
Mar 28, 2013, 07:59 PM
It seems like no matter what the thread is about people always find ways to troll or argue with someone...

Jungo Torii
Mar 28, 2013, 08:04 PM
It seems like no matter what the thread is about people always find ways to troll or argue with someone...

That's just how it is here. You have to get used to it, however annoying it might be.

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 08:06 PM
That's just how it is here. You have to get used to it, however annoying it might be.

"B20 is full of trolls"

ORLY?

Jungo Torii
Mar 28, 2013, 08:09 PM
"B20 is full of trolls"

ORLY?

Yep, I'm a great big old troll :C

Anyways, connecting it to your TV would just make it your monitor, so no settings would be changed.

...I know you probably already had that answered, but I feel like I should make more of a contribution to the thread.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 08:46 PM

Hey, hey, hey that is my line.

Lostbob117
Mar 28, 2013, 08:49 PM
Yep, I'm a great big old troll :C

Anyways, connecting it to your TV would just make it your monitor, so no settings would be changed.

...I know you probably already had that answered, but I feel like I should make more of a contribution to the thread.

Also some T.V's have more option then monitors have like changing some color things, making depth in field darker, blacklight, Gamma, Flesh tone, Dynamic Contrast. Just some stuff on my T.V I looked through. That wasn't on my old monitor.

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 08:49 PM
Hey, hey, hey that is my line.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DreXxiN
Mar 29, 2013, 01:27 PM
PSO2 is hardly a game where efficiency is key. Also, I kind of laugh at the perceived need for efficiency in a game. I can't even fathom what it's like to take a game so seriously.

It's awesome, especially when it pays your bills!

Z-0
Mar 29, 2013, 01:34 PM
So, back for PSO2 for Time Attack?

YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED.

HiOc
Mar 29, 2013, 02:32 PM
I think they meant comfort as in mobility.