PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Your way of leveling.

Asmodios
Mar 28, 2013, 09:03 PM
Hey guys and gals, I'm trying to get an input of how you guys level up in this game.
currently, im just grinding ruins and floating continent and accepting high rewarding client orders while spending all my photon spheres on the 75% exp tickets. i wanted to know if there's a better way. im not really complaining, but i recently started over for a friend, and getting all my classes to 55 is going to be a hassle. our goal is basically getting very hard mode as soon as possible.

RedRaz0r
Mar 28, 2013, 09:10 PM
Basically try to find multipartys. Using the join party on another block option helps. With tons of people you'll get tons of spawns and tons of exp, while using your 75% tickets and turning in the client orders as well. Good luck!!

(also, post 700)

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 09:11 PM
Basically try to find multipartys. Using the join party on another block option helps. With tons of people you'll get tons of spawns and tons of exp, while using your 75% tickets and turning in the client orders as well. Good luck!!

(also, post 700)

Please teach me your leveling ways oh pro poster.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 28, 2013, 09:35 PM
I dunno, I got to 46 in about a week on my second account...>_>. Are you having that much trouble? <_<

Jungo Torii
Mar 28, 2013, 09:47 PM
I level by dancing for the entire day without going into a mission at all.

(I swear if someone gets on to me for this I'll just abandon thread)

Retto
Mar 28, 2013, 09:47 PM
This game has a very bad leveling system. Basically just do your client orders and join multi-parties. It's boring and grindy and the EXP rate is erratic, but there's really no steady, fun leveling options in PSO2.

Mekhana
Mar 28, 2013, 09:54 PM
Until I was 55/55 I used to sleep between EQs and use 75% on the right ones.

EQs like Valentines, Falz and White Day all day.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 28, 2013, 09:55 PM
...so play the game and get exp is a bad system?

gotcha.

Mekhana
Mar 28, 2013, 09:58 PM
EQs are great fun. Especially Falz.

And a MPA with friends is great!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 28, 2013, 09:59 PM
In case it wasn't clear I was talking to Retto

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2013, 10:07 PM
The best way? Yes, just grab a bunch of client orders in the same area, grind that area in a full multiparty until you finish them all (or most, if you want to skip that last one that takes forever), grab your prize, and chose a new area. You get about 40-50% more experience doing client orders compared to not, and you get a bunch by being in a group that instantly kills a wave of enemies 5x bigger than what you'd see solo.

A Proster, if you will.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 28, 2013, 10:09 PM
Not to mention you can get money and other nice prizes from COs so you only hurt yourself by not picking up COs.

Grady219
Mar 28, 2013, 10:13 PM
Don't forget to buy some of Frankas' orders as well.

gigawuts
Mar 28, 2013, 10:27 PM
change my main class

keep doing whatever I was already going to do

Kion
Mar 28, 2013, 10:27 PM
I mostly did ruins with a full Japanese MPA mostly just staying quiet and following the group while I listened to music. Basically wait for a crystal protect E-code and then use a exp boost ticket during the resulting cross burst. I wish I had taken a video, but you can get half of your bar filled up in 10 minutes that way.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 28, 2013, 10:29 PM
even at 55 those event MPAs can lead to some absurd exp. I gained over 500k exp in one massive PSE burst when using a 75% ticket.

Rien
Mar 28, 2013, 10:52 PM
A Proster, if you will.

I won't lie, I read this as prostate.

blace
Mar 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
Find a decent MPA, pop an EXP ticket and have a field day. And Client Orders, always have client orders for the area you plan on grinding.

Or if you're swimming in some money, buy the quest items for Franka. You'll end up being poor if you choose to do the more rewarding COs though.

connor_the_kid
Mar 28, 2013, 11:26 PM
do EXP tickets even work for emergency codes?

Mekhana
Mar 28, 2013, 11:42 PM
EXP tickets work for your exp kills only.

So in a sense they work for whatever you kill in the particular emergency code.

They don't boost the EC completion exp reward.

blace
Mar 28, 2013, 11:45 PM
Or CO rewards. Really handy if bosses show often or a ton of boosted enemies start popping up.

EvilMag
Mar 28, 2013, 11:50 PM
I franka'd my gunner and force.

yoshiblue
Mar 29, 2013, 12:07 AM
Yoshiblue the Lonewolf. Forever Blue.

RedRaz0r
Mar 29, 2013, 12:09 AM

Anytime, young padawan.

That being said, im not claiming to be a pro leveler or anything lol just saying what I know how to do. I'm only level 53 myself...

Kion
Mar 29, 2013, 12:21 AM
Anytime, young padawan.

That being said, im not claiming to be a pro leveler or anything lol just saying what I know how to do. I'm only level 53 myself...

I'm level 3, that doesn't stop me from pretending I know what I'm talking about.

jooozek
Mar 29, 2013, 04:41 AM
good question op considering MPAs are pretty much fucking dead
every MPA is 4/12 with 1 player running 3 npcs

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 29, 2013, 04:48 AM
EXP tickets work for your exp kills only.

So in a sense they work for whatever you kill in the particular emergency code.

They don't boost the EC completion exp reward.

to be clear you only have to be in close enough proximity to get the exp for it to work. you don't have to be the one to kill the enemy.

every MPA is 4/12 with 1 player running 3 npcs.

I practically soloed my way to 40 minus the odd EQ here and there.

Koffie's COs help a lot.

Zenobia
Mar 29, 2013, 04:56 AM

We still waggin around our post counts like a status symbol did not know we still do this bwahahahah lol.

Soultrigger
Mar 29, 2013, 07:07 AM
For first class, Koffie License COs offer generous EXP (doesn't get scaled either).
For the second class and onwards, dumping Kressida COs and Klotho TACOs regularly is a pretty good source of EXP. I often find myself not finishing Hans or Franka very often, but if you can, that's more chances for EXP.

I agree though, longlasting MPAs are pretty much dead from my experience. EQs are decent (especially Falz and limited-event ones) so take advantage of those when you can.

EDIT: Apparently the EXP correction was recently patched? If so, I'd wager jumping into higher difficulties immediately should net you a lot of EXP if you can find some friends willing to powerlevel you.

Shinamori
Mar 29, 2013, 07:13 AM
every MPA is 4/12 with 1 player running 3 npcs

If you want PSEs, try a block <> 20.

Z-0
Mar 29, 2013, 07:49 AM
No, MPAs are pretty much dead these days. Maybe not at JP primetime, but when I try to find an MPA at night, there's nothing to play since people play AQs more these days.

Personally, I just play (although I'm starting to do less of that because gunner is weak as shit so boring to play, capped the rest of my classes)

Meta77
Mar 29, 2013, 10:11 AM
I found if you jump into areas at least 4 levels above you you can net about double exp than areas the same level as you.
Also......oh yea I run areas with 3 npcs cause I dont want a hacker to join my group and get me in trouble after that last batch got in trouble.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 29, 2013, 10:43 AM
this is wrong. your EXP is actually nerfed if the enemies are higher level then you.

~Aya~
Mar 29, 2013, 10:48 AM
this is wrong. your EXP is actually nerfed if the enemies are higher level then you.

Nerfed horribly.. sometimes i't better to just play on a lower difficulty if you are just able to enter the next difficulty.

Meta77
Mar 29, 2013, 10:52 AM
no....no. or is it difficulty? Cause me and a friend ran a eq the other day and did easy where enemies where like 2 levels below our level. I got about 11 exp on small enemies and like 28 on bigger ones. I run it on the next setting where they are about 4 levels above me and get about 34 exp on small enemies and 58 on bigger ones.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 29, 2013, 11:15 AM
you're going from normal to hard. hard to vhard you actually dont se nearly the kinds of gains you're seeing now

RedRaz0r
Mar 29, 2013, 11:17 AM
At 4 levels higher than you, youre still getting full exp. At 5 levels higher than you is when it takes a dive.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 29, 2013, 11:20 AM
it actually nerfs it until you're at the same level

Z-0
Mar 29, 2013, 11:28 AM
No it doesn't. It's once an enemy is 5 levels above you.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 29, 2013, 11:30 AM
I could swear I get less exp from a lvl 59 enemy than I do from a 56 on my Gu/Ra who is 55/55/

Z-0
Mar 29, 2013, 11:34 AM
Advanced Quests have EXP Boost PSEs which is why you may notice that.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 29, 2013, 11:36 AM
The EXP nerf is pretty annoying. It would be better if it only started happening against enemies at least 10 levels higher than you. Was still rather amusing when a Sadinian gave me 2 EXP though :-P

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2013, 11:57 AM
I find that Falz Arms is good for getting from 40 to 45 fairly quickly. Not very reliable though, since Falz hasn't been attacking much.
Last time I tried a +75% exp ticket during a cross burst I ended up with only about 100k exp. I think that was at level 45-50. Not sure if it was because of level penalty or something.
I used to level from 15-30 really quickly by doing city EQs back when they were pretty much the only EQs and lasted an hour. Not so effective now, even less so because of the poor profitability. Used to pull 100-250k a city EQ, now it's 5-20k.

My friends and I find bursts and multiparties really boring... just roam around whacking stuff. In a large group, you don't even have to whack stuff properly. I'd honestly prefer to fight bosses or something, but even those are pretty boring in large groups.
"BOSS HAS APPEARED!"
*5-10 seconds later* "CODE COMPLETED!"

Well, above all that... levelling just isn't fun. Levelling should be something you don't really notice while you're actually enjoying playing the game, not something you have to go out of your way to achieve to be able to progress anywhere.
One of my friends has all but given up playing PSO2 because it was taking so long to gain levels during whatever free time they had. They said something like "PSO2 is a mix of fun and torture".

Zorafim
Mar 29, 2013, 12:00 PM
The most fun part of the game is soloing bosses and doing time attacks. The most efficient part of the game is running around in a group and watching the spawn and death animations of enemies.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 29, 2013, 12:03 PM
I find that Falz Arms is good for getting from 40 to 45 fairly quickly. Not very reliable though, since Falz hasn't been attacking much.
Last time I tried a +75% exp ticket during a cross burst I ended up with only about 100k exp. I think that was at level 45-50. Not sure if it was because of level penalty or something.

My friends and I find bursts and multiparties really boring... just roam around whacking stuff. In a large group, you don't even have to whack stuff properly. I'd honestly prefer to fight bosses or something, but even those are pretty boring in large groups.
"BOSS HAS APPEARED!"
*5-10 seconds later* "CODE COMPLETED!"

Well, above all that... levelling just isn't fun. Levelling should be something you don't really notice while you're actually enjoying playing the game, not something you have to go out of your way to achieve to be able to progress anywhere.
One of my friends has all but given up playing PSO2 because it was taking so long to gain levels during whatever free time they had. They said something like "PSO2 is a mix of fun and torture".

once again, I got to 46 in a week just running around and playing the game. in fact I spent a good amount of time helping Aya with her new account and another firend with his new account so I've hardly even played vhard yet and I'm half way to 47 after taking a break for the last 5 days.