PDA

View Full Version : 630 on the hour every hour

~Aya~
Mar 29, 2013, 11:43 AM
That's right, i'm getting 630'd every hour to the second. Can anyone think of why such a specific time to 630? This is only happening with PSO2 and NEVER happens with anything else.

Yes, I timed it multiple times just to make sure it was consistent.

Shadowth117
Mar 29, 2013, 11:50 AM
That's right, i'm getting 630'd every hour to the second. Can anyone think of why such a specific time to 630? This is only happening with PSO2 and NEVER happens with anything else.

Yes, I timed it multiple times just to make sure it was consistent.

Might want to check modem/router and ISP. This isn't something PSO2 does I'm pretty sure though you could check and see if other things stop as well then.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 29, 2013, 11:51 AM
When did that start happening to you? I played for about 3 hours last night and didn't get DCd once or experience any lag.

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah, stuff like this usually comes down to your ISP. Call and complain, they'll either deny any wrongdoing and any records of any problems or say there's a known outage in your area.

But only after they make you restart your router, which itself could also be the problem.

~Aya~
Mar 29, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, stuff like this usually comes down to your ISP. Call and complain, they'll either deny any wrongdoing and any records of any problems or say there's a known outage in your area.

But only after they make you restart your router, which itself could also be the problem.

It's like this- There are days where i'll not D/C even once (Going afk and all). Then there are days where i'll D/C once an hour all day. I have restarted my modem and cleared cache and have had other things running or not running while PSO2 is connected to the server. The only thing that insta D/C's is PSO2 while everything else is doing just fine and not even hiccuping slightly.

Have a 60mbps connection, hard wired, no outages in area. I will call my ISP and tell them that i've been getting connection issues every hour and see what they have to say about it.. if it's not them, then-

Thanks for your input thus far!

Caledonia
Mar 29, 2013, 12:03 PM
It's like this- There are days where i'll not D/C even once (Going afk and all). Then there are days where i'll D/C once an hour all day. I have restarted my modem and cleared cache and have had other things running or not running while PSO2 is connected to the server. The only thing that insta D/C's is PSO2 while everything else is doing just fine and not even hiccuping slightly.

Have a 60mbps connection, hard wired, no outages in area. I will call my ISP and tell them that i've been getting connection issues every hour and see what they have to say about it.. if it's not them, then-

Thanks for your input thus far!

I'm surprised it's literally on the hour if it were five minutes either side I'd say it's a lag/latency thing. As it stands, much more likely to be works in your area, or you have a program on your PC set to do hourly updates/checks which is clashing with PSO2. Anything you're running today that you weren't running on days you didn't DC?

~Aya~
Mar 29, 2013, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised it's literally on the hour if it were five minutes either side I'd say it's a lag/latency thing. As it stands, much more likely to be works in your area, or you have a program on your PC set to do hourly updates/checks which is clashing with PSO2. Anything you're running today that you weren't running on days you didn't DC?

Not that I can think of.. i'll look.

Edit: Nope.. absolutely nothing running at all. I'm going to attempt to disable like 50% of any useless backround processes that doesn't really need to be running.

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2013, 01:18 PM
Have you got another computer? You can leave that on and see if it suffers from the same problem.

~Aya~
Mar 29, 2013, 01:55 PM
Have you got another computer? You can leave that on and see if it suffers from the same problem.

No and so far I haven't been D/C'd.. fingers crossed.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 29, 2013, 02:36 PM
some ISPs are dicks and like to release/renew your WAN IP every hour (essentially modem reboot) when their network is in high use, especially some DSL companies+^_^+ while the average Facebook user wouldn't tell, gamers might notice something, especially if the game they're playing has a server that tracks your exact IP and MAC address to make sure you are you+^_^+ mine does it once a week late Sunday night+^_^+ call them up and moan about needing a stable connection for prolonged periods of time+^_^+

Railkune
Mar 29, 2013, 02:39 PM
That just sounds aggravating to the highest degree.

connor_the_kid
Mar 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
you probably know this but it almost definitely has nothing to do with PSO2

it's probably your router disconnecting/resetting every hour

you should call comcast or w/e

~Aya~
Mar 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
some ISPs are dicks and like to release/renew your WAN IP every hour (essentially modem reboot) when their network is in high use, especially some DSL companies+^_^+ while the average Facebook user wouldn't tell, gamers might notice something, especially if the game they're playing has a server that tracks your exact IP and MAC address to make sure you are you+^_^+ mine does it once a week late Sunday night+^_^+ call them up and moan about needing a stable connection for prolonged periods of time+^_^+

If I get D/C'd one more time then it's probably this right here.

Fatal-Killer
Mar 29, 2013, 02:52 PM
Are you online right now? because i keep getting error 249 everytime i try to login

gigawuts
Mar 29, 2013, 02:52 PM
Error 249 is to stop you from trying to log in too quickly IIRC. Wait a few seconds before trying again.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 29, 2013, 02:53 PM
If I get D/C'd one more time then it's probably this right here.

it's got to do with IP leasing i think, each WAN IP comes from a pool that an ISP buys, when an ISP starts to run out of numbers, they don't want numbers being used by inactive or powered off modems, so it refreshes all of it to make available the IP addresses not being used, do you know if you Router/Modem supports IPv6?? cause there aren't many more IPv4 addresses left in the world, so if you ISP buys more, they'll likely be IPv6+^_^+ just my theory though, don't know for sure+^_^+
my ISP is really cheap, they started putting entire areas of service into a class 10 network (10.0.0.0) leading to one WAN Address, shoulda seen all those pitchforks when all the little businesses servers weren't reachable+^_^+

connor_the_kid
Mar 29, 2013, 02:59 PM
whats with the smiley faces spam...

and youre making a lot of assumptions about his problem based on limited info

it probably has to do with his isp, but he should call his isp for specifics

Fatal-Killer
Mar 29, 2013, 03:02 PM
Error 249 is to stop you from trying to log in too quickly IIRC. Wait a few seconds before trying again.

It still happens even if i wait like 10 minutes. Hmm...

Coatl
Mar 29, 2013, 03:05 PM
Turn on your PC and open "windows update" and update whatever needs updating. I've encountered this problem again and again for two years and this has always been the way to solve disconnection problems at an hourly basis.

BIG OLAF
Mar 29, 2013, 06:24 PM
Stuff just happens sometimes. I've had strings of days where I would get DC'd like a madman due to my internet cutting out multiple times a day, and then it would stop and go back to normal. Technology isn't perfect; sometimes there's hiccups.

Yden
Mar 29, 2013, 06:27 PM
I'd check your router logs for the times you disconnect and see if anything's happening. My guess is the same as some of the others in this thread, it has something to do with ip renewing. My router also had a similar issue and there was a script fix for it (I'm running tomato firmware that allows custom router scripts).

oratank
Mar 30, 2013, 03:31 AM
i have this problem today
no time out but i got kick from the game with 630 every hour. (´・ω・`)

TheSwat
Mar 30, 2013, 07:11 AM
i have the same problem
my net wasn't cut out

~Aya~
Apr 15, 2013, 08:40 PM
Sorry to revive this thread.. but.. I was told to download newest windows update to fix my constant 630 error problem and~~ IT WORKED!!!!! Thanks Coatl!!!!

My windows update was 10 months overdue