PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth $30 just for premium/buying 10 stars?

ArcaneTechs
Mar 29, 2013, 08:32 PM
Is it? I mean since my luck with 10 star weapon finding is horrible and i have ones that i dont even want that i'm more than likely to get rid of them with the pass but i mean is it really worth the month of pay? (whether you have a job or not I mean $30 for a month subscription?)

What are your guy's thoughts on this?

I buy from CN-USA so yes its roughly $30's for 2000 AC

Xaeris
Mar 29, 2013, 08:35 PM
Just for buying 10*s? Lolno. But you're getting a lot more than that with Premium, even if you don't intend to maintain the subscription. You're getting double FUN for one month, a shop that can make you a tidy sum in one month and you can build a stockpile of purchasing passes so you'll still be able to buy 10*s when the premium runs out. Try to think of everything you're getting rather than just focusing on the 10*s aspect. Plus, a month of premium is "only" 1.3k AC, so that leaves you with 700 to buy some other services with. I'd say it's worth it.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 29, 2013, 08:40 PM
Just for buying 10*s? Lolno. But you're getting a lot more than that with Premium, even if you don't intend to maintain the subscription. You're getting double FUN for one month, a shop that can make you a tidy sum in one month and you can build a stockpile of purchasing passes so you'll still be able to buy 10*s when the premium runs out. Try to think of everything you're getting rather than just focusing on the 10*s aspect. Plus, a month of premium is "only" 1.3k AC, so that leaves you with 700 to buy some other services with. I'd say it's worth it.

Ahh would be so much beneficial if I could get enough 10 stars to stockpile and trade in for tickets but its a good idea to do if I ever get a ten star weapon to drop. Shop is always needed, I rarely use my room so that half is pointless. Double FUN points is very nice and the left over 700 AC I could probably use for another month of shop depending how many passes I get over the month.

But my whole focus is the 10 star weps >_< might give it a shot for a month in a few weeks.

supersonix9
Mar 29, 2013, 08:40 PM
do what I did today; mow a lawn, rake some leaves, get some bank, buy some AC.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 29, 2013, 08:44 PM
do what I did today; mow a lawn, rake some leaves, get some bank, buy some AC.

I mean whether or not you have a job man, I'm not working right now so ya $30 is a bit much for a monthly subscription and even if I was working, it's probably not something I'd want to pay for.

Ya we're on JP servers, prices are different, don't care for the people thinking/saying "dont like the price? dont pay it then" I'm trying to get a point of view from different people not some dull comment like this (not saying you said this but for future reference)

Guru53
Mar 29, 2013, 08:50 PM
It's not really worth it to me. I have a part time job while I go to school but it's just too much of an investment right now. If I did anything, it would be to save up a bunch of 10* weapons, then buy one month of premium, and exchange them for the tickets.

SociableTyrannosaur
It's only $15 a month

blace
There's also premium only drinks, being able to enter a full block if there is enough capacity for premium members and premium blocks.

The price for the AC varies little depending on site, SutoCorp charges $26 for 2000 WebMoney and CN-USA is around $30 for 2000.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 29, 2013, 08:57 PM
wow if you're gonna buy webmoney please buy it from sutocorp, they may not be as fast as cn-usa but you will save alot more if you buy from there.

Zyrusticae
Mar 29, 2013, 09:13 PM
I buy my webmoney in 5800 yen chunks from Sutocorp, hasn't done me any wrong yet.

I think premium is worth it, but I use pretty much every single one of the features (client order slots, premium storage, my room, my shop, extra FUN points, premium bonuses from drinks). YMMV in that regard, but it's hard to live without these things once you get used to it.

Z-0
Mar 29, 2013, 09:15 PM
I'd say premium is worth it now since you can buy 10*s with it.

Not sure if it was before (I mean, I do love all the extra features, but it was just shop that I really wanted, I just had leftover AC), but I highly recommend it now.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2013, 09:18 PM
Premium in it's current form holds no value for I.

.Jack
Mar 29, 2013, 09:43 PM
If you're looking at it that way, you're better off spending 60$ to get 90 days of premium and still have some left over AC. IMO, it's definitely worth it.

Alenoir
Mar 29, 2013, 10:37 PM
I rarely use my room so that half is pointless.

Dump all the extra furniture you have into the room, get storage space.

Oh, yeah, storage space. All 300 of them.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 30, 2013, 01:41 AM

Actually, with that other 700 you can get a 30 day shop so really you get 2 months of meseta stocking.

connor_the_kid
Mar 30, 2013, 05:33 AM
it's worth buying it for a month to get a premium you want

it's not worth it to buy repeatedly month after month, that's for sure

its not like PSU where your room actually serves a purpose, so nobody uses 'my room'.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 31, 2013, 01:47 AM
ya im considering buying a month of premium just to try it out for a month and get it here and there, thanks for your input guys

Merumeru
Mar 31, 2013, 03:42 AM
X3 I'm glad I got mine, just the 2x more Client Order space makes it worth it XP if only they also gave us some more bag space with premium, im a bit hesitant to splurge on 50 more slots

Blackheart521
Mar 31, 2013, 03:47 AM
X3 I'm glad I got mine, just the 2x more Client Order space makes it worth it XP if only they also gave us some more bag space with premium, im a bit hesitant to splurge on 50 more slots

The 50 Slots of Inventory space is easily the best value of anything you can buy in the AC shop, you start feeling the stress relief immediately when you only need to sell/bank every 3+ runs haha ^^;

TheAstarion
Mar 31, 2013, 03:44 PM
The 50 Slots of Inventory space is easily the best value of anything you can buy in the AC shop, you start feeling the stress relief immediately when you only need to sell/bank every 3+ runs haha ^^;

This was especially true when items sold for something, now it's mostly useful for holding the 32 different yellow testicle drops from different enemies for assorted client orders.

Still good but yeah, premium should at least give 20% extra bag space... 10 for chars without an upgrade, up to 20 for a fully pocket boosted one.

Goukezitsu
Mar 31, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm surprised no one talked about my new favorite feature which is being able to get into full blocks because you are premium :3

Emp
Mar 31, 2013, 04:59 PM
You need premium to buy 10*? o.o

blace
Mar 31, 2013, 05:02 PM
To trade in 10* for a pass to buy another 10*.

thematesV2
Apr 30, 2013, 08:50 AM
yea, i've been playing on and off since beta, (only about 100 hours so far) and i just recently bought AC, specifically for the storage expansion. it maxes out at 100 right? I'm not sure what else I want to spend money on. I have no interest in AC scratch, and don't play often enough to make use of 30 days premium. (I play 3-5 times a month max.)

AgemFrostMage
Apr 30, 2013, 01:31 PM
I mean whether or not you have a job man, I'm not working right now so ya $30 is a bit much for a monthly subscription and even if I was working, it's probably not something I'd want to pay for.

Ya we're on JP servers, prices are different, don't care for the people thinking/saying "dont like the price? dont pay it then" I'm trying to get a point of view from different people not some dull comment like this (not saying you said this but for future reference)

Practically you need a job to go premium, but not technically. You can save for a premium, but is it worth it?

lexstarshok
May 2, 2013, 09:03 AM
I don't plan to spend any money on PSO2 until the NA release. When it hits ill probly switch over so I am not gonna pay for a temp character. >.>

When the NA version hits, I am soooo buying 90 days... Every 90 days.... XD

ShinMaruku
May 3, 2013, 08:46 AM
Nothing in this game as of yet is worth $30

Mekhana
May 3, 2013, 08:57 AM
premium space alone in blocks makes it a must buy for me