PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New summer stuff

XbikXBd
Mar 30, 2013, 02:44 AM
so yeah this was from the arkive on FB.

"Some exciting news from Shougai PSO! PSO2 episode 2 is scheduled for release this summer! This will introduce new races, new classes, new weapon categories and a new enemy (to both the Arks and the Darkers) known as the "Photoners!" Also, Burning Rangers! And Arks Grand Prix in June!"

so yeah this is gonna be cool.^^;

Alisha
Mar 30, 2013, 02:52 AM
your a little early for april fools

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 02:53 AM
Two days early.

jooozek
Mar 30, 2013, 02:53 AM
so archer and ninja coming? and the races will be dinians and dicadas?

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 02:58 AM
Fake. They'd announce female costumes.

And female versions of female costumes.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 02:58 AM
Although Shougai didn't say anything of the sort, they did however speculate that Darkers, came from D-ARKS, as in Dark ARKS. Along with some screenshots from the back of a few of their clothes and a clear screenshot of the ARKS symbol/logo on Elder.

Needs a speculation thread, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Alenoir
Mar 30, 2013, 03:00 AM
Shougai's twitter.

Info came from the concert. May see screens or news of it tomorrow or so.

Maronji
Mar 30, 2013, 03:03 AM
Here's the tweet in question (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/317884724511125506) if anyone wants it.

The translation of said tweet is basically what OP said above.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 03:05 AM
Here's the tweet in question (https://twitter.com/auw1975/status/317884724511125506) if anyone wants it.

The translation of said tweet is basically what OP said above.
I just found it after you posted the link to it. Well, time to idly stand by while waiting for more information.

Xaeris
Mar 30, 2013, 03:22 AM
Arks Grand Prix? Could be...I want to believe...Max Attack's replacement, maybe? Hopefully?

Blackheart521
Mar 30, 2013, 03:26 AM
I'm surprised nobody is like BWAH! BURNING RANGERS!?!?!?!?

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 03:27 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5IWvmpaNs [/spoiler-box]

Kion
Mar 30, 2013, 03:29 AM
so yeah this was from the arkive on FB.

"Some exciting news from Shougai PSO! PSO2 episode 2 is scheduled for release this summer! This will introduce new races, new classes, new weapon categories and a new enemy (to both the Arks and the Darkers) known as the "Photoners!" Also, Burning Rangers! And Arks Grand Prix in June!"

so yeah this is gonna be cool.^^;

Translation: Even more cool stuff that NA will never see! I mean at this point it's just beating a dead horse, but seriously just fuck.

Shadowth117
Mar 30, 2013, 03:32 AM
Dewmans plox. Yeah, definitely waiting to make a new character now.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 30, 2013, 03:32 AM
Neat.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 03:33 AM
This sounds interesting but the fact that april first is just around the corner makes me a bit skeptical. >_>

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2013, 03:33 AM
Come on, this can't be true! "Photoners"!? REALLY?! I was cool with "Darkers", but "Photoners" is taking it way too far! There's only so much damn Engrish I can take!

I am also not enjoying the prospect of new classes (WHY oh WHY can't we just add weapons to existing classes?!), and what new races could they possibly add that isn't just a minor reskin of humans? Oh wait - none, they're just going to add Dumans and consider them a "new race"! Bleehhhhh!

Gripes aside, it's good to know that they're actually building more content for the game behind the scenes. I knew they couldn't be slacking off as much as it looked.

(Though still wary because, y'know, april fools and shit - though they're two days early for that...)

Shadowth117
Mar 30, 2013, 03:37 AM
Come on, this can't be true! "Photoners"!? REALLY?! I was cool with "Darkers", but "Photoners" is taking it way too far! There's only so much damn Engrish I can take!

I am also not enjoying the prospect of new classes (WHY oh WHY can't we just add weapons to existing classes?!), and what new races could they possibly add that isn't just a minor reskin of humans? Oh wait - none, they're just going to add Dumans and consider them a "new race"! Bleehhhhh!

Gripes aside, it's good to know that they're actually building more content for the game behind the scenes. I knew they couldn't be slacking off as much as it looked.

(Though still wary because, y'know, april fools and shit - though they're two days early for that...)

Classes I could believe. Multiple new races? lolno. It would only be one race.

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 03:38 AM
If Katana and Bow are Dewman Hu and Ra exclusives I will flip a table. And try to make another account.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 03:39 AM

It's hard to get me excited for anything but costumes because I'm not even done with the content we have right now. :V

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 03:39 AM
If Katana and Bow are Dewman Hu and Ra exclusives I will flip a table. And try to make another account.

I doubt they'd make anything race exclusive at this point.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 03:41 AM
I doubt they'd make anything race exclusive at this point.
Would be a good way to have more ID's registered to make themselves seem bigger than anything, or force people to buy AC and create new characters to wield them.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 03:43 AM
Classes I could believe. Multiple new races? lolno. It would only be one race.

They'll advertise Dewman F/M as two new races, no doubt about it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 30, 2013, 03:45 AM
So like

Whats a Dewman

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 03:45 AM
Would be a good way to have more ID's registered to make themselves seem bigger than anything, or force people to buy AC and create new characters to wield them.They got rid of most of the race/gender limitations that existed in the previous games though as far as I know. Creating an entire class of weapons, let alone two, specifically for one race would create more backlash than income.

So like

Whats a Duman
In the portables they were some sort of offshoot of humans. Had something to with the SEED... or something. They could easily be worked into the lore PSO2 though given what we're seeing from the aspects of falz and that speculation about Darkers/D-arks/Dark Arks etc.

I still think this is a setup for an april fools joke though.

Xaeris
Mar 30, 2013, 03:46 AM
So like

Whats a Dewman

Vampires.

Seriously, in PSU, they were humans who were exposed to the SEED virus and survived with the help of the vaccine, as I understand from people who played the PSP games.

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 03:46 AM
Male Dewman as a race? So, it'll be Elder race, Apprentice race, Double race and eventually Persona race?

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 03:48 AM
Still, its races. Maybe they'll tease Beasts, or something?

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 03:49 AM
So like

Whats a Dewman
Eye patch wearing, pale people.
[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Hyuga-Ryght-cg.jpg
http://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/4/401fd5a6f350924417885ef359ce925b.image.500x500.jpg[/spoiler-box]

They got rid of most of the race/gender limitations that existed in the previous games though as far as I know. Creating an entire class of weapons, let alone two, specifically for one race would create more backlash than income.
Or you know, the really hardcore people would erase their existing characters and create an army of eye patch wearing vampires.

Xaeris
Mar 30, 2013, 03:51 AM
Imagine, if after they finally got racial balance right with this game (by pretty much giving up on it and making the difference negligible, but still), they went ahead and introduced beasts, complete with nanoblasts. It'd be so Sega.

Blackheart521
Mar 30, 2013, 03:51 AM
Eye patch wearing, pale people.
[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Hyuga-Ryght-cg.jpg
http://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/4/401fd5a6f350924417885ef359ce925b.image.500x500.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Or you know, the really hardcore people would erase their existing characters and create an army of eye patch wearing vampires.

Especially when the main build that most people use is the "glass cannon" build, which is what Dewmans were basically ^^;

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 03:53 AM
Too bad nanoblasts will just increase your damage, instead of changing core gameplay, or providing utility/ combat options.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 03:54 AM

I'm not gonna lie, you can already do that if they just release some eye patches. >_>

The main reason I don't think they would is because... well... they haven't yet. There's a LOT of stuff they could have limited by race/gender and haven't other than outfits for obvious reasons. I know sega has done some dumb stuff I just can't imagine them going THAT far, considering they're going to start giving us skill resets when they change the skill trees now.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 03:56 AM
Especially when the main build that most people use is the "glass cannon" build, which is what Dewmans were basically ^^;
But their Infinity blasts were pretty overpowered as hell if used right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBaHKduUSo

I'm not gonna lie, you can already do that if they just release some eye patches. >_>

The main reason I don't think they would is because... well... they haven't yet. There's a LOT of stuff they could have limited by race/gender and haven't other than outfits for obvious reasons. I know sega has done some dumb stuff I just can't imagine them going THAT far, considering they're going to start giving us skill resets when they change the skill trees now.
After seeing people recreate their characters due to some inhibiting factors (ie. caseals not being able to wear the other female clothes), I wouldn't even doubt that as a possible notion.

As for the reskills, I'm not confident with the skill trees being changed, what with what's already happened.

oratank
Mar 30, 2013, 03:56 AM
what hyuga isn't human in psu?

XbikXBd
Mar 30, 2013, 03:59 AM

nope infinity turned him into a deuman.

also all the info that came out today was info data miners knew for a wile XD so unless they think we dont know anything then yes it is a surprise.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 03:59 AM
He's human in PSU, no idea bout AoTI. He becomes a dewman in PSPo2i.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 04:01 AM
But their Infinity blasts were pretty overpowered as hell if used right:
Phantasy star portable 2 infinity all infinity blasts - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBaHKduUSo)

I'm not gonna lie, if they do release dewmen and beasts I hope that they get stuff like nano blasts and infinity blasts instead of Photon blasts. It could still be linked to their mag but I think it would be an interesting way to mix things up.

Angelo
Mar 30, 2013, 04:03 AM
Burning Rangers....

...please be true.

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 04:05 AM
Maybe I should go make another account right now. Even though its unlikely that Sega will region block, or up security enough for gaijin to be unable to register.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:07 AM
I'm not gonna lie, if they do release dewmen and beasts I hope that they get stuff like nano blasts and infinity blasts instead of Photon blasts. It could still be linked to their mag but I think it would be an interesting way to mix things up.
Then there might be need to bring back Mirage Blasts, and SUV's just to even the other races out.

When I put it that way, it sounds really redundant seeing how photon blasts are now.

Syklo
Mar 30, 2013, 04:08 AM
Lol, photoners.
Even Photographers sound cooler.
And maybe make it fancy and go "Photograffrs"
Or even "Photoncts"

and darkers = Dark ARKS?
I immediately thought "Harry potter and the Dark Arts"

...oh yeah, just call dem photoners "Photters"

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 04:09 AM
I wonder if Photoners have any relation to PSO1, or rumored Great Light.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 04:10 AM
Then there might be need to bring back Mirage Blasts, and SUV's just to even the other races out.

When I put it that way, it sounds really redundant seeing how photon blasts are now.

Well the Photon Blasts already have a lot in common with Mirage blasts, so I can see that being redundant. SUVs would be cool though, they were my favorite part of playing a cast in PSU. I can see it not happening though considering casts have been out since the game's launch.

Lol, photoners.
Even Photographers sound cooler.
And maybe make it fancy and go "Photograffrs"
Or even "Photoncts"

and darkers = Dark ARKS?
I immediately thought "Harry potter and the Dark Arts"

...oh yeah, just call dem photoners "Photters"
photoners sounds like it's either a tentative name, something Shogai came up with cause they don't have anything else to go with, or... possibly... just possibly, an april fools setup. I'm waiting until after april first before I start hardcore speculating about things like that.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:10 AM
Yeah, no matter how many times I see it, Photoners just sound so fake and probably a hoax for the upcoming April Fools.

Well the Photon Blasts already have a lot in common with Mirage blasts, so I can see that being redundant. SUVs would be cool though, they were my favorite part of playing a cast in PSU. I can see it not happening though considering casts have been out since the game's launch.
Who wouldn't want to wield a giant mechanical arm wielding a massive sword? At the very least, I want something similar to Exusia Fluge.

redroses
Mar 30, 2013, 04:13 AM
They could add race based Photon Blasts.
Humans keep the current ones, Newmans get some that are elemental based, Cast get some that turn the Photon Beast into machine like weapons (here the Photon Beast would look like some mecha monster weapon), Dewman get Photon Blasts were the Photon Beast turns into an energy so that they can do their infinity blasts (when attacking, the energy could have the shape of the beast showing somehow) and the Photon Blast of Beasts would have the Photon Beast merge with them, so they have something like a Nanoblast.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 04:16 AM
photoners sounds like it's either a tentative name, something Shogai came up with cause they don't have anything else to go with, or... possibly... just possibly, an april fools setup. I'm waiting until after april first before I start hardcore speculating about things like that.

This.

But I would have said all of this about "darkers" too.

So...

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 04:18 AM
This.

But I would have said all of this about "darkers" too.

So...

The Darkers/D-Arkers thing sounds like the sort of weird engrish thing sega would do though. Photoners just sounds like someone trying to figure out what the opposite of a darker would be. Honestly I won't be surprised if there really is another faction added, Just surprised if they're called Photoners...

NoiseHERO
Mar 30, 2013, 04:20 AM
dumans and new weapons we saw coming (new classes are technically just the new weapons)

But definitely hyped for grand prix, bout time we got a REAL event.

And I BET YOU burning rangers event is gonna have sonic masks.

Otherwise yeah this all sounds cool.

But new PAs would be nice and more existing class tweaks would be nice. <_<;;;

(I hope samurai/ninja/acrotecher/whoeverhaskatanas can use fists)

Also it's obvious whatever gettumhart became will be THIS series' version of dumans... But if we get to transform into hunar mode... I hope it doesn't suck(it will)

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:20 AM
The Darkers/D-Arkers thing sounds like the sort of weird engrish thing sega would do though. Photoners just sounds like someone trying to figure out what the opposite of a darker would be. Honestly I won't be surprised if there really is another faction added, Just surprised if they're called Photoners...
They could just go with the opposite of dark and add an 'er'... Lighter?

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 04:22 AM
They could just go with the opposite of dark and add an 'er'... Lighter?

But it doesn't have that pun with Ark. D: Unless they get called Larkers.

[spoiler-box]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NQ_WQUI49xw/TT7bOFCpQTI/AAAAAAAAABY/OctoYLjnlJ8/s1600/in_the_park.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Xaeris
Mar 30, 2013, 04:23 AM
Call them "Radiants." Boom, done, you can have that one for free, Sega.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:25 AM
But it doesn't have that pun with Ark. D: Unless they get called Larkers.

[spoiler-box]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NQ_WQUI49xw/TT7bOFCpQTI/AAAAAAAAABY/OctoYLjnlJ8/s1600/in_the_park.jpg[/spoiler-box]
For some reason I saw 'Larpers' as in LARPing.

Even 'Emissaries of the Great Light', in contrast to 'Profound Darkness Kin', would've sounded better if not a mouthful.

Call them "Radiants." Boom, done, you can have that one for free, Sega.
If they did that, then they would feel obligated to credit you in some form, like another stack of 99 grinders.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 04:27 AM
For some reason I saw 'Larpers' as in LARPing.Suddenly everything makes sense... ._.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:28 AM
Suddenly everything makes sense... ._.
If the lobby cosplayers are anything to go by, yeah, it's already happening or will happen.

Edit: It's already happening:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso2luna.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pso2-kanagimaihime-cosplay.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 04:29 AM
They should've used Brighters then.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 04:30 AM
What if... what if Lilipans are the new race?

ARKS discovers technology on Lilipa to communicate with natives and they join forces with the Lilipans. Turns out they actually have an underground society to fight Darkers already where every Lilipan was trained as one class using specific weapons left behind by the previous civilization on the planet... Of course, ARKS and Lilipans share their knowledge so we end up with 9 classes total.

1 week after joining forces, Lilipans go ahead and defeat Dark Falz. Only reason they didn't do so sooner was because they couldn't get into outer space on their own.

#lilipans2013

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:32 AM
#lilipans2013
No. #rappies2013.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1285/4691630767_ab1ef5f087.jpg

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 04:32 AM
What if... what if Lilipans are the new race?

ARKS discovers technology on Lilipa to communicate with natives and they join forces with the Lilipans. Turns out they actually have an underground society to fight Darkers already where every Lilipan was trained as one class using specific weapons left behind by the previous civilization on the planet... Of course, ARKS and Lilipans share their knowledge so we end up with 9 classes total.

1 week after joining forces, Lilipans go ahead and defeat Dark Falz. Only reason they didn't do so sooner was because they couldn't get into outer space on their own.

#lilipans2013This would totally be it if it weren't for it saying the new group is against the darkers AND the arks.

Unless... the Lilipans... OH-NO! o Ao

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 04:33 AM
If anything, Lilipans will be Beasts. And that will probably come in after Dewmen.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 04:37 AM
This would totally be it if it weren't for it saying the new group is against the darkers AND the arks.

Unless... the Lilipans... OH-NO! o Ao

No no, Lilipans are the good guys. New playable race.

Photoners turn out to be Rappies, they're fed up with being used for merchandising. Their leader is Rappilina, a loli Newearl and ex-ARKS who fights for their cause.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 04:39 AM
Their leader is Rappilina, a loli Newearl and ex-ARKS who fights for their cause.
Huh, I wonder where you got that idea from.

Alisha
Mar 30, 2013, 04:57 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/03/130330a.html

jooozek
Mar 30, 2013, 05:24 AM
lol d-arkers
remember when people were making fun of soa for d-arkers

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 05:26 AM
No no, Lilipans are the good guys. New playable race.

Photoners turn out to be Rappies, they're fed up with being used for merchandising. Their leader is Rappuna, a loli Newearl and idol who sings and fights for their cause.

fixed because japan

Mekhana
Mar 30, 2013, 05:45 AM
I want this to be true but so close to April fools.

Also I want to remain positive and not think about this new episode blocking us westerners out somehow.

Infinity Series
Mar 30, 2013, 06:26 AM
hold your orgasm

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-code-episode-2-announced/

Crystal_Shard
Mar 30, 2013, 06:39 AM
Oracle's Collapse. This doesn't sound good. ^^;

On the plus side, this may mean new lobby areas.

But definitely looking forward to new weapons and classes for sure. New races... I'll reserve judgement for now.

Mekhana
Mar 30, 2013, 06:48 AM
hold your orgasm

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-code-episode-2-announced/

Too late.

Exxy
Mar 30, 2013, 06:51 AM

Prolly something related to that big orb pseudo-planet thing behind arks ship?

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 06:52 AM
The rubber band ball?

Crystal_Shard
Mar 30, 2013, 06:53 AM
Prolly something related to that big orb pseudo-planet thing behind arks ship?

It's referring to the Oracle Fleet I'd say. Don't think we've been given a name for that vessel yet after all.

Syklo
Mar 30, 2013, 06:55 AM

But definitely looking forward to new weapons and classes for sure. New races... I'll reserve judgement for now.
Oracle's collapse?
Finally the Arks Ship wreakage will be the next free field!

Exxy
Mar 30, 2013, 06:56 AM
It's referring to the Oracle Fleet I'd say. Don't think we've been given a name for that vessel yet after all.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbeva2u0H31rgyz2so1_r1_500.jpg

Indeed

Syklo
Mar 30, 2013, 07:01 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbeva2u0H31rgyz2so1_r1_500.jpg

Indeed
ladies and gentlemen: our 0* Wand:
"Oracle"

Railkune
Mar 30, 2013, 07:21 AM
dumans and new weapons we saw coming (new classes are technically just the new weapons)

But definitely hyped for grand prix, bout time we got a REAL event.

And I BET YOU burning rangers event is gonna have sonic masks.

Otherwise yeah this all sounds cool.

But new PAs would be nice and more existing class tweaks would be nice. <_<;;;

(I hope samurai/ninja/acrotecher/whoeverhaskatanas can use fists)

Also it's obvious whatever gettumhart became will be THIS series' version of dumans... But if we get to transform into hunar mode... I hope it doesn't suck(it will)

Look... if they toss that out there for us, there is no going back for me. I'd be all over that.

But yeah, if/when Katana's come out I'm going to main that.

connor_the_kid
Mar 30, 2013, 07:26 AM
I hope they add some kind of beast race.

no i dont mean the beasts of PSU, but im talking about some kind of new race that looks like a monster.

i think sega is too lazy though, it will probably be a human with some kind of different ears or something. lol

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 07:35 AM
Finally the Arks Ship wreakage will be the next free field!
That would be great. I get the feeling it'll be an emergency mission or something though. :/

oratank
Mar 30, 2013, 07:38 AM
if it going to that way
Zeno may be got catch to be the new experiment subject by arks and become D-arks

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 07:45 AM
No.

ANYWOO

Dewman's with katanas~
Dewman's with katanas~

Valkyrie Lovrina
Mar 30, 2013, 07:46 AM
Holy, This is amazing news to wake up too. I'm really gonna look forward to this summer.

Arialle
Mar 30, 2013, 07:51 AM
i want beasts and dewmans and limit break modes =w=

and i hope del rol le comes in episode 2, any bosses ...just NOT dragons....i dont mind the 2 headed dragon i forgot its hand....

also if there are new darkers please make it more badass than all the stupid shield types *cough gu wonda cough*.... i want real darkers like delsabers and chaos bringers

connor_the_kid
Mar 30, 2013, 07:55 AM
yeah... enough dragons my god

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 07:57 AM
i want beasts and dewmans and limit break modes =w=

and i hope del rol le comes in episode 2, any bosses ...just NOT dragons....i dont mind the 2 headed dragon i forgot its hand....

also if there are new darkers please make it more badass than all the stupid shield types *cough gu wonda cough*.... i want real darkers like delsabers and chaos bringers

Given that the next area we're getting is the last one for Amduscea as far as we know there probably won't be any more dragons for a while.

King_Rappy
Mar 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
If data mining is anything to go by, Birdmen are the new Rizardmen.
Also I had a dream a while back that there was a water/ice planet announced and big turtle-people lived there. At first they'd just show up in emergency code on that planet as allies but they would be playable in the next update.

Believe in the Turtlemen, everyone!

Gama
Mar 30, 2013, 08:11 AM
They could add race based Photon Blasts.
Humans keep the current ones, Newmans get some that are elemental based, Cast get some that turn the Photon Beast into machine like weapons (here the Photon Beast would look like some mecha monster weapon), Dewman get Photon Blasts were the Photon Beast turns into an energy so that they can do their infinity blasts (when attacking, the energy could have the shape of the beast showing somehow) and the Photon Blast of Beasts would have the Photon Beast merge with them, so they have something like a Nanoblast.

that would be nice to see.

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 08:19 AM
PSO2. NOT PSU2.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 08:21 AM
PSO2. NOT PSU2.

Cut that out. You're the one who wants dewmen. >_>

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 30, 2013, 08:23 AM
Dewman sound interesting. I'll wait and see how they differ from the current races before I decide whether to spend AC on one or not.

Laxedrane
Mar 30, 2013, 08:25 AM

I personally was hoping to see a race that was basically the results of splicing Human DNA with dragonkin.

connor_the_kid
Mar 30, 2013, 08:27 AM
well, I meant no more crappy reskinned dragon bosses

seriously the new area looks like floating continent and the boss looks like a reskinned vol dragon

freakin maximum laziness

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 08:27 AM
Dewman sound interesting. I'll wait and see how they differ from the current races before I decide whether to spend AC on one or not.

The datamined info showed them as being glass cannons having the highest s-atk multiplier second highest r-atk and decent t-atk, but their hp and defense multipliers are all below 100%. I dunno if it changed or not but I heard that's what they were like in the portables so it makes sense that they'd stay that way in PSO2.

Reiketsu
Mar 30, 2013, 08:29 AM
Ugh... I want Beasts... BEASTS!! Q__Q
Dewmans are like ultra-boring... anything's better than them... even Dragonkin as the new race would be so much cooler.

And please no new classes.... just add the new weapons to already existing classes X__X

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 30, 2013, 08:31 AM
The datamined info showed them as being glass cannons having the highest s-atk multiplier second highest r-atk and decent t-atk, but their hp and defense multipliers are all below 100%. I dunno if it changed or not but I heard that's what they were like in the portables so it makes sense that they'd stay that way in PSO2.

If this is the case I might consider making one to be a Fighter/Hunter-Ranger/Gunner hybrid to go with my Fighter-Techer Newman and Gunner-Techer Caseal. How they differ appearance-wise and outfit-wise will be the deciding factor for me it seems.

Dewmans are like ultra-boring... anything's better than them... even Dragonkin as the new race would be so much cooler.

And please no new classes.... just add the new weapons to already existing classes X__X

This. I agree with this 110%. I never got to play beasts (never got to play PSU) and I have a soft spot for dragon-like creatures.

We don't need new classes. Just weapons for the old ones.

D-Inferno
If the new race is Dewman, then I hope that you can simply convert your existing character into one. Unless they offer some really good exclusive racial ability, I have no interest in making one.

Kondibon

I want beasts too, but Dewmen are more likely right now. :/

I feel the same way about new weapons, but I won't complain if some of the new weapons are for multiple classes. I was hoping that about the new weapons for fighter/techer/gunner though.... so yeah.

The Walrus
Cut that out. You're the one who wants dewmen. >_>

Only because they're glass cannons. I'd adore any race they put in with those stats :3

Ok except beasts. Fuck beasts.

I should mention that I have no problem with them adding/keeping elements of PSP2/2i in PSO2 provided they don't change important aspects from the original like Mags and PB's :/

Ezodagrom
Mar 30, 2013, 08:34 AM
well, I meant no more crappy reskinned dragon bosses

seriously the new area looks like floating continent and the boss looks like a reskinned vol dragon

freakin maximum laziness
Maximum laziness was the bosses in PSU, now those were reskins.
The dragon bosses in PSO2 are not just reskins, since each of them have completely different behaviour and attacks.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 08:37 AM
beasts?

yiff in hell etc.

But really no nanoblasts etc. please unless everyone can use it.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 08:37 AM
If the new race is Dewman, then I hope that you can simply convert your existing character into one. Unless they offer some really good exclusive racial ability, I have no interest in making one.This might actually prove interesting. Maybe dewmen can be any race and becoming one just changes their stat distribution. O_o That'd be kind of lame but normal newmen are just pale humans... Which as I've said before we can already do.

Only because they're glass cannons. I'd adore any race they put in with those stats :3

Ok except beasts. Fuck beasts.

I should mention that I have no problem with them adding/keeping elements of PSP2/2i in PSO2 provided they don't change important aspects from the original like Mags and PB's :/

Sorry for snapping at you, I'm just a little on edge right now. Honestly looking at their stat multipliers only their s-atk is higher than every other races. Personally I think I'd be better off playing one than a caseal though since I plan on using all 3 attack stats.

Reiketsu
Mar 30, 2013, 08:41 AM
I want beasts too, but Dewmen are more likely right now. :/

I feel the same way about new weapons, but I won't complain if some of the new weapons are for multiple classes. I was hoping that about the new weapons for fighter/techer/gunner though.... so yeah.

Fighter and Hunter already have much more weapon variety than the other classes, so I wish they would at least add more weapons to the other four.
I mean, seriously...

HU/FI: Wired Lance, Sword, Partisan, Knuckles, Twin Daggers, Double Saber
RA/GU: Assault Rifle, Launcher, Twin Mechs

WTF!?

And the thing about Dewmans is, that's just another race that doesn't really look any different from Humans. Sure, Beasts don't look all too different either, but they're still cooler imo
If I hear a game has 4 different races and three of them look almost identical except for some marginal cosmetic differences then what's the point?

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 08:43 AM
If I hear a game has 4 different races and three of them look almost identical except for some marginal cosmetic differences then what's the point?
Stats. Honestly I feel the same way though. Newmen and beasts at least have their ears going for them, and casts are robuts. I've already said what I can about Dewmen.

As for weapons I have no idea what to expect after what they pulled with the last three.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 30, 2013, 08:44 AM
And the thing about Dewmans is, that's just another race that doesn't really look any different from Humans. Sure, Beasts don't look all too different either, but they're still cooler imo

This is the reason I'll probably not make a Dewman. If they come with their own unique outfits then fair enough but I don't want 3 races where only minor differences occur :nono:

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 08:53 AM
While it's on my mind. The Elder Scrolls games have actually given me a different view on the whole "Races with only minor variations" thing since there's like what? 3 or 4 Human and Mer races each. The Elder Scrolls games make them feel more like different ethnicities by partly limiting the character creation so you can't say, make a Breton who looks like a Redguard.

My problem with Dumen is more that they can technically already be made with humans. Unless Sega does something else to differentiate them I think most people would end up playing them just for their stats.

Retto
Mar 30, 2013, 08:57 AM
Maximum laziness was the bosses in PSU, now those were reskins.
The dragon bosses in PSO2 are not just reskins, since each of them have completely different behaviour and attacks.

I love how this guy white knights SEGA in every single post.

Don't like the story? NO, the story is GREAT. (actually, it's horrible)

THE BOSSES ARE UNIQUE!!!

Actually, no. They aren't. You can tell that much from the latest boss, Chrome Dragon. 9/10 of his attacks are recycled versions of attacks used by other bosses. So no, their attacks and behavior are not completely different.

Reiketsu
Mar 30, 2013, 09:01 AM
My problem with Dumen is more that they can technically already be made with humans. Unless Sega does something else to differentiate them I think most people would end up playing them just for their stats.

Well, I guess they could still just revamp the design entirely (which I hope, because otherwise there's really no point for me, since I don't care too much for the stat differences).
Or those mysterious people with multicolored hair turn out to be the new race.

Tenlade
Mar 30, 2013, 09:02 AM
There's a lot of recycling going on with stuff like rockbear>yeti, snow>fang banthers, (sa)dinians, and gu/ga wondas being the laziest recycle I've ever seen in a game, but the dragons bosses all have unique animations and attacks.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:04 AM
Or those mysterious people with multicolored hair turn out to be the new race.

Given the origins of Dumen in PSP I feel this'll be the case. Infact I think it'll be the case either way. I just hope they get more to them than a limited color pallet.

Retto
Mar 30, 2013, 09:06 AM
but the dragons bosses all have unique animations and attacks.

...again. If you'd fought Chrome Dragon, you would know that not to be the case.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:07 AM
There's a lot of recycling going on with stuff like rockbear>yeti, snow>fang banthers, (sa)dinians, and gu/ga wondas being the laziest recycle I've ever seen in a game, but the dragons bosses all have unique animations and attacks.

Yedis don't have the same skill set though. And in the case of Dragons/banthers I really feel it's just that they ARE the same enemies just recolored to fit the area better. I don't think they're trying to pretend they're whole new enemies. If I need to narrow it down then only the banthers and caterdtan'sa are outright recolors of bosses. The others all have some sort of difference or are just minor enemies.

...again. If you'd fought Chrome Dragon, you would know that not to be the case.

I've fought chrome dragon and don't remember it having any attacks that directly mimicked any other enemies. My biggest complaint about the thing is that it's slow.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 09:13 AM
i'd like dragon star online 2 of we had a serpentine water dragon

i am fanboy as fuck for serpentine water dragons uguu

Tenlade
Mar 30, 2013, 09:14 AM
^Dragon Rol Le would be pretty neat.

Have, has a different charge animation, i dont recall vol dragon or quartz throwing cubes,and its spike moves act differently from quartz.

Im baffled someone can say yeti's have a unique moveset (throw throw ice and roll,) but call the dragons recolors when they don't even have the same skeletal structure. Just whats attacks, abilities are you calling similar between the dragons?

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 09:15 AM
I love how this guy white knights SEGA in every single post.

Don't like the story? NO, the story is GREAT. (actually, it's horrible)

THE BOSSES ARE UNIQUE!!!

Actually, no. They aren't. You can tell that much from the latest boss, Chrome Dragon. 9/10 of his attacks are recycled versions of attacks used by other bosses. So no, their attacks and behavior are not completely different.

Christ you're annoying. Do you do anything other than bash the game and complain?
Seriously like are you Emizel or something?

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:17 AM
^Dragon Rol Le would be pretty neat.

Have, has a different charge animation, i dont recall vol dragon or quartz throwing cubes,and its spike moves act differently from quartz.

Im baffled someone can say yeti's have a unique moveset (throw throw ice and roll,) but call the dragons recolors when they don't even have the same skeletal structure. Just whats attacks, abilities are you calling similar between the dragons?
The yeti's have a different punch animation go into rage mode for different reasons and have a weakspot on their butt. They're also fuzzy all over and have handle bar moustaches.

I meant the normal enemy dragons Dinnian/Sadinian, Fordorian/Fordoriansa etc. The bosses are all unique except Caterdransa.

Christ you're annoying. Do you do anything other than bash the game and complain?
Seriously like are you Emizel or something?
When everyone is Emizel, no one is.

Renvalt
Mar 30, 2013, 09:25 AM
Y'know, I think that when we fight Apprentice before the end of the year, she'll show off the female Dewman transformation, and that will give them the ability to implement a special type of "Photon Burst" - one that involves a transformation for a set period of time whilst taking the entirety of a Photon Burst gauge (in essence, just a reworked Photon Blast for them).

However, I cannot be certain one iota of this is true. It's merely speculation on my part.

Also, what if Shion and Matoi are both spies for this "Photoners" group? That would explain a great deal about why things have gotten so fucked up in the Oracle system. I mean, considering that Shion allowed you to REVIVE Falz instead of keeping him sealed (not to mention she seems happy about that fact despite the fact that we're in mortal peril because of her bullshit).

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:27 AM
Also, what if Shion and Matoi are both spies for this "Photoners" group? That would explain a great deal about why things have gotten so fucked up in the Oracle system. I mean, considering that Shion allowed you to REVIVE Falz instead of keeping him sealed (not to mention she seems happy about that fact despite the fact that we're in mortal peril because of her bullshit).
Oh gawd. This makes... a lot of sense. >_>

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2013, 09:35 AM
"race_beast" and "race_dumans" :>

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:35 AM
"race_beast" and "race_dumans" :>

But do beasts have stats yet?

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2013, 09:38 AM
But do beasts have stats yet?

No but beast use to be called "beast" in a random listing now it's called "race_beast" that is a move up for them.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:40 AM
No but beast use to be called "beast" in a random listing now it's called "race_beast" that is a move up for them.

Well that's cool, but until they get stats I'm still pretty sure we're gonna get Dumen first. Personally I was never against the idea of beasts coming and figured they would after a while. I just think Dumen will be first. x:

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2013, 09:52 AM
Well that's cool, but until they get stats I'm still pretty sure we're gonna get Dumen first. Personally I was never against the idea of beasts coming and figured they would after a while. I just think Dumen will be first. x:

Well since it says "new races" I'm pretty sure that they'll be adding beast stats sooner or later. Also more weapons.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 09:54 AM
Well since it says "new races" I'm pretty sure that they'll be adding beast stats sooner or later. Also more weapons.

Im gonna say Dumen sense there in the data files so im pretty sure that will be the new class.

Anyway I hope they keep there folklore the same as in psp2I even with the infinity blast and how depending on what class they were there blast changed along with it.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 09:56 AM
I hope they don't get nanoblasts or infinityblasts or whatever at all.

That would be very obnoxious.

Instead we should get a new series of photon blasts where we're the PB. One or two for each damage type. All races could use it.

Kondibon
Im gonna say Dumen sense there in the data files so im pretty sure that will be the new class.

Anyway I hope they keep there folklore the same as in psp2I even with the infinity blast and how depending on what class they were there blast changed along with it.

If you look on the last page he said that they added a "race_beast", which is what we're talking about. :P

The Walrus
They'll probably have similar origin stories but I doubt they'll have the special blast

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 09:58 AM
I hope they don't get nanoblasts or infinityblasts or whatever at all.

That would be very obnoxious.

Instead we should get a new series of photon blasts where we're the PB. One or two for each damage type. All races could use it.

I don't see what would be so bad about it as long as they don't have photon blasts at the same time. Unless you think sega can't bala-- oh... oooohhh...

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 10:08 AM
If you look on the last page he said that they added a "race_beast", which is what we're talking about. :P

I never excluded that they weren't in there.

Just we have cat ears and tails alrdy whats the point of beast after all that?

Also if you remove there infinity blast from the Dumens in PSO2 which made them so unique in Infinity they wouldn't be Dumens anymore now would they?

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 10:10 AM
I never excluded that they weren't in there.

Just we have cat ears and tails alrdy whats the point of beast after all that?

Also if you remove there infinity blast from the Dumens in PSO2 which made them so unique in Infinity they wouldn't be Dumens anymore now would they?

You could say the same thing about casts and SUV weapons if you wanted. :P I do think it's odd that they'd add beasts when we already have those ears, but if I remember correctly they also had those kitty looking faces.

Z-0
Mar 30, 2013, 10:12 AM
Yay, drip feed.

I mean summer's not that far away, but it is when we're all this bored.

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 10:14 AM
That's what multi-month breaks from the game are for :D

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 10:17 AM
You could say the same thing about casts and SUV weapons if you wanted. :P I do think it's odd that they'd add beasts when we already have those ears, but if I remember correctly they also had those kitty looking faces.

Why did they remove the suv's from Cast is beyond me brother I couldn't tell ya.

Laxedrane
Mar 30, 2013, 10:17 AM
I'm not bored. Then again I don't have more then 1 class at max level yet.(I AM CLOSE TOUGH SO EXCITED:D)

Given the new area. And what I can remember of the timeline until summer(If someone could post a link to that timeline that be great I can't find it anywhere) We have a solid few months ahead of us.

Edit: My personal preferance on photon blasts. Would be them giving us some sort of bar. Each mag just has an avatar not a specific attack. Each type of attack cost a certain amount of that bar and we can choose what attack the avatar does. Should they add race specific blasts from PSU. They also drain from that bar. I wouldn't mind having those kinds of options. So long as they don't wait... Like 5 years to give humans and newmans blasts.

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 10:19 AM
Why did they remove the suv's from Cast is beyond me brother I couldn't tell ya.

Because they brought back PB's?

Kilich
Mar 30, 2013, 10:21 AM
Also, poison hurts everyone and any Ra can use traps and trap search. And race stats are almost the same.
Everything for that reason.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
Because they brought back PB's?

Guess my sarcasm failed :S

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
Derp. I'm just out of it this morning.

Alisha
Mar 30, 2013, 11:36 PM
i didnt really like dewmans in infinity because they could only be light skinned.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 11:40 PM
i didnt really like dewmans in infinity because they could only be light skinned.

Well there pale skin was one of there traits maybe they might let us change the variance of the pale skin idk,but they might do something about would be coool if you could change the skin color.

TBH it never bothered me kinda made me feel unique the Infinity blast alone was enough though~