PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO 2 Code: Episode 2 Announced

ShadowDragon28
Mar 30, 2013, 06:57 AM
Awesome news. Can't wait to hear more details on this

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-code-episode-2-announced/

" Today at the Sympathy Concert, SEGA announced a new “expansion” to the PSO2 series titled “Phantasy Star Online 2: Code Episode 2.” Dengeki had the pleasure to relay some information found in the trailer; here’s what we know so far:

PSO2 Code Episode 2

Oracle’s Collapse
Arks Road*
New Race, New Planet, New Classes.
New Weapon Categories.
“Who is the real enemy?” and another kind of enemy.

Coming this Summer!
Sega is having a Thanks Festa and will be touring across Japan to hold a time attack tournament known as the “Arks Grand Prix.” The event schedule is as follows; June 9th in Tokyo, June 15th in Nagoya, June 29th in Fukuoka, July 14th in Osaka, and July 28th in Sapporo. It will conclude with the Arks Grand Prix finals in Tokyo on August 3rd, 2013. We’ll add more details to this post once more information becomes available. "

Railkune
Mar 30, 2013, 07:00 AM
Okay yeah, this is some pretty interesting news. I'll be looking for some new information on it later.

Syklo
Mar 30, 2013, 07:07 AM
Oracle's collapse = new free field?

Catapults + wall jumping + gravity defiance EVERYWHEEEEEEEE~~

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 07:12 AM
So Dewman's are pretty much confirmed now eh...

Dewman's with katanas~
Dewman's with katanas~

connor_the_kid
Mar 30, 2013, 07:14 AM
I hope the new weapon type isnt really katana.

that would be so pointless. i would rather them just add new sword PAs than a different kind of sword.

Eveningxtar
Mar 30, 2013, 07:54 AM
I would guess the new race would be beast men or something but really hoping for dewman...Finger's crossed

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 08:04 AM

that would be so pointless. i would rather them just add new sword PAs than a different kind of sword.

It was already datamined so yeah...

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 08:11 AM
I'm perfectly fine with Katanas as long as they play differently enough from swords and gunslashes. Maybe something Iaijutsu like.

Mekhana
Mar 30, 2013, 08:15 AM
Give Gunners shotguns and Rangers bows and I'll be happy.

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm perfectly fine with Katanas as long as they play differently enough from swords and gunslashes. Maybe something Iaijutsu like.

They could just go completely put there and have us cut space time dimension stuff to teleport around and stuff :D

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2013, 08:58 AM

That's what I was thinking. There's a lot of room for Katanas to be a completely unique playstyle, as long as they don't screw it up.

Emp
Mar 30, 2013, 10:25 AM
Hope it for both plats on release day.

drixil
Mar 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
More claws imo

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
Huh! http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205911 Already posted

Are you crazy? I rather having a new class with a new sword any day other then just new pa's

Kaju122
Mar 30, 2013, 10:31 AM
STAHP SEGA! Too much content to fast!

Rien
Mar 30, 2013, 10:34 AM
I'd rather the new weapons are tacked onto the current classes.

I don't need another melee class to interfere with the Hu/Fi melee combo unless we can double sub.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 10:34 AM
STAHP SEGA! Too much content to fast!

Pft, it's obviously gonna take us 5 months to get through all this.

Mokyu
Mar 30, 2013, 11:03 AM
Katanas? Dewmans? *Gonna make a Dewman Vergil*

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 11:05 AM
And this is why I waited to make my alt last week.

I knew man. I knew.

But then I was thinking along the lines of the char creator and not the concert, which I didn't even realize was coming up already. Derp.

Kondibon
Mar 30, 2013, 11:10 AM

And so it begins.

Rayokarna
Mar 30, 2013, 11:21 AM
I can't wait for the Fukuoka event, I'll be there.

supersonix9
Mar 30, 2013, 12:18 PM
Whelp, I'm excited for the new planet. (since we already knew everything else was coming)

Although, what is this 'Arks Road' thing? hmmm

Drifting Fable
Mar 30, 2013, 12:40 PM
/infinity blast
/Autoword: "Now I'm motivated!"

Lookin forward to it...

Digital Pain
Mar 30, 2013, 12:47 PM
Could this be the reason the International server has been delayed!? most likely not.....but one can hope lol

Coatl
Mar 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
Could this be the reason the International server has been delayed!? most likely not.....but one can hope lol

Let's hope Sega doesn't intend on leaving the NA version one whole episode behind. ^^;

Drifting Fable
Mar 30, 2013, 01:09 PM
Let's hope Sega doesn't intend on leaving the NA version one whole episode behind. ^^;

We'll probably be two episodes behind at this rate. :-?

~Aya~
Mar 30, 2013, 01:11 PM
This sounds very exciting. I can't wait.. I want PSO2 to expand so that it can further consume my life.

Resist/RealLife unit [ON] OFF.

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2013, 01:14 PM
So I just realized.

The new class is going to be a samurai class.

Katanas and bows. Seriously. Samurai class may as well be confirmed at this point. I will eat my hat* if this turns out not to be true.

*hat may be made of bacon

Agitated_AT
Mar 30, 2013, 01:16 PM
core fixes> new content is what id rather see. But thas just me

supersonix9
Mar 30, 2013, 01:19 PM
but dey been doing dat

Darki
Mar 30, 2013, 01:29 PM
So I just realized.

The new class is going to be a samurai class.

Katanas and bows. Seriously. Samurai class may as well be confirmed at this point. I will eat my hat* if this turns out not to be true.

*hat may be made of bacon

Godno. Plz. Seriously.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
You mean classes, as in plural? Isn't the bow confirmed for ranger?

I don't really know how to feel about that. I'm not against it, but I'm not particularly for it either. It depends how far removed they are from the current classes.

I prefer role-oriented design and balancing. We have a fighter for damage and hunter for tanking, and that's two of the three main trifecta - the third being mobility and speed. Now, fi and hu need mobility already...I swear to god if the new katana class is the mobility "fix" for melee e_e

Massaki
Mar 30, 2013, 01:46 PM
/infinity blast
/Autoword: "Now I'm motivated!"

Lookin forward to it...

"I need more power!"

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 30, 2013, 01:47 PM
What if new races mean more creatures like lilipians..

Shadowth117
Mar 30, 2013, 01:51 PM
I'm considering being uber original and making a sephiroth for a striking character as a dewman. Might make something less silly, but I've been wanting to have a male dewman a while now.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 01:51 PM

So we get jawas too?

Coatl
Mar 30, 2013, 01:53 PM
You mean classes, as in plural? Isn't the bow confirmed for ranger?

Thought it was for techers?

EvilMag
Mar 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'm considering being uber original and making a sephiroth for a striking character as a dewman. Might make something less silly, but I've been wanting to have a male dewman a while now.

TA with that character. :>

Alnet
Mar 30, 2013, 02:31 PM
I'd rather the new weapons are tacked onto the current classes.

I don't need another melee class to interfere with the Hu/Fi melee combo unless we can double sub.

Yeah, same. I like the idea of new classes, but at the same time, it would be kind of a pain to make another setup when they could just update and rebalance the existing 6.

And the idea of double-subclassing sounds hilarious. Though if they throw that in, then Ultimate-or-what-have-you difficulty would have to be like a Sudden Death mode to balance it out.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 02:36 PM
Since they've used up elemental specs with Force and Techer, maybe we get a mage knight class this time around (compared to Techer which is battle mage)?! I just want fancy magic combos... (skip to 1:13)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3rnvqE2BA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3rnvqE2BA[/SPOILER-BOX]

I gotcha covered.

What if... what if Lilipans are the new race?

ARKS discovers technology on Lilipa to communicate with natives and they join forces with the Lilipans. Turns out they actually have an underground society to fight Darkers already where every Lilipan was trained as one class using specific weapons left behind by the previous civilization on the planet... Of course, ARKS and Lilipans share their knowledge so we end up with 9 classes total.

1 week after joining forces, Lilipans go ahead and defeat Dark Falz. Only reason they didn't do so sooner was because they couldn't get into outer space on their own.

#lilipans2013

Enforcer MKV
Mar 30, 2013, 02:39 PM
^ This possibility scares me.

EDIT: Freaking -

*ahem* Gardios' possibility scares me.

DreXxiN
Mar 30, 2013, 02:48 PM
I remember when I won MAG+ with my team on PSU I joked with everyone about Phantasy Star becoming an eSport....

..It wasn't supposed to actually happen. LOL

D-Gold
Mar 30, 2013, 02:58 PM
core fixes> new content is what id rather see. But thas just me

If the new class is Dumans I wonder they will fit into the story.
Anyways I am excited for how the duman concept art looks. I hope they have nice costumes.

NoiseHERO
Mar 30, 2013, 03:06 PM
arkz road...

guardians boost road... GBR

ABR...

Z-0
Mar 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
spoiler: eq, randomly generated maps, in caves

Dongra
Mar 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
>New race.
Oh God, this is a PSU sequel afterall.

NoiseHERO
Mar 30, 2013, 03:17 PM
>New race.
Oh God, this is a PSU sequel afterall.

LOL vintage rag-on PSU, didn't know you guys were still alive.

This game got worse than PSU a long time ago.

PSO is done like the vietnam war.

gigawuts
Mar 30, 2013, 03:18 PM
I don't get the hate for new races, so long as they bring something new or interesting to either the players or at least the storyline. I like the idea of dewmans in principle. especially if their skin is grey...

(I might have a thing for grey chicks)

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 03:33 PM
And eyepatches. Can't forget those damn fine eyepatches.

supersonix9
Mar 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
LOL vintage rag-on PSU, didn't know you guys were still alive.

This game got worse than PSU a long time ago.

PSO is done like the vietnam war.

i love you rock but that deserved a

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

sarcastic or not

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2013, 04:24 PM
i love you rock but that deserved a

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

sarcastic or not
I'll throw in one of these, too:
https://58fi4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pnryIfwQlc3o7fNhOZe_CcFv_qTUyUseNI3eJXfEBrofK37j NcA7k0SAxyhp7iPTl9hfS-It-rvE/8p10n.gif?psid=1

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2013, 04:33 PM
New Planet,

Yes!

New Weapon Categories,

Yes!

New Race,

YES!!!

New Classes.

FUCK!!!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 05:34 PM
I've been contemplating the idea of double subbing for a while...

We knew new classes were coming, so this shouldn't be coming as a surprise to anyone.

Next force class will be able to maintain and begin tech charges during mirage escape. calling it.

Double subbing sounds incredibly broken until we see how base stats have slowed down in growth and how high equipment requirements are climbing. We also already know there are going to eventually be at least 8 (or was it 10?) difficulties. Enemies will eventually get to level 200, it's almost assured.

I wouldn't mind a new race but I think it should fit into the story somehow. That said I would love to see some dragonkin action.

Shadowth117
Mar 30, 2013, 05:45 PM
TA with that character. :>

Well of course :D

As for the idea of double subbing.... subclasses in general with stats alone broke the game enough in my opinion, not even considering the skill tree additions. Double subbing would just make almost anything that wasn't already able to be one hit screwed. Not to mention defense and health buffs gained from this alone. I seriously hope that's not even a though on their mind considering how much it would break the game. It would be stupider than endgame JP PSU on S3.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 05:51 PM
Seeing as enemies get continuously faster, more aggressive and in some cases gain new abilities at higher levels, we really can't gauge what the game's meta will be like come summer. Rather than immediately assume the worst, we'll have to see what happens.

Admittedly, Fotefinewearal sounds insane, but we dont even know what a second sub would mean. like for all we know it may mean skill tree but not stats or something.

Darki
Mar 30, 2013, 06:00 PM
What, double subbing? I didn't see anything about that, what the hell am I missing?

Enforcer MKV
Mar 30, 2013, 06:01 PM
What, double subbing? I didn't see anything about that, what the hell am I missing?

I think it's just an idea peeps are throwing around, not an officially announced feature.

Darki
Mar 30, 2013, 06:03 PM
Gawd I got scared there. Not sure if I'd like that... Because then I'd be seriously thinking about going FO/HU/GU and then I'd be really screwed with a full hybrid build. <_<

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 06:04 PM
yeah just an idea being kicked around with the advent of new classes.

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2013, 06:10 PM
I doubt we'll see it anyway. It seems like a silly idea. Yet, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Subbing is there so you can chose between hybrid or pure fighters. It's impossible to be a pure fighter with three new classes, since you'll be missing out on something in your specialization. In that sense, it makes sense that we'd be able to sub them all.
And I can't think of any arguments against having it. What gameplay advantage is there to having only one sub instead of two?

I'm still against it, but I can't really say why.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 06:15 PM
Well when subs first hit, we'd already gotten two classes above 30 and could not combine them. Anyone who ran pure saw massive increases in damage was able to equip gear they thought would take another 10-15 levels to use. as a result we were just about one shotting everything and that hasn't really changed yet. So the idea of having a second sub seems ridiculous from the perspective of game balance.

On the other hand. By the time these new classes hit, the level cap will likely be 70+

We have no clue what we'll be up against then and it may make sense by the time we get there.

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 06:20 PM
To unlock Sub SubClasses you must defeat 2 Dark Falz. That you fight at the same time. Along with 8 Falz Arms. And a Hunar just for shits and giggles.

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2013, 06:25 PM
Solo, of course.

Z-0
Mar 30, 2013, 06:26 PM
Nah, the level cap will still be 60 most likely.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 30, 2013, 06:26 PM
To unlock Sub SubClasses you must defeat 2 Dark Falz. That you fight at the same time. Along with 8 Falz Arms. And a Hunar just for shits and giggles.

Solo, of course.

Ha! Bring it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 06:28 PM
Nah, the level cap will still be 60 most likely.

in 2-3 months? I doubt it. They're almost certainly going to up the level cap at the same time they start episode 2.

Z-0
Mar 30, 2013, 06:31 PM
I don't doubt it.

Why don't we look at how PSO2 has developed...

I highly doubt they're gonna do anything special for E2. Maybe they'll surprise, but I'm not getting my hopes up because this is SEGA.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 06:34 PM
Upping the level cap is special ? o_o

Z-0
Mar 30, 2013, 06:36 PM
In PSO2 it is.

It's been 8 months and we've made 20 levels.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 06:38 PM
Maybe we get actual dungeons. You know, stuff where you don't just need to hit stuff until it stops moving on its own!

Syklo
Mar 30, 2013, 06:51 PM
Ha! Bring it.
On difficulty level 5.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 06:52 PM
In PSO2 it is.

It's been 8 months and we've made 20 levels.

counting the april 10 update it's 30.

again we're not talking about tomorrow, we're talking about what's mostly likely going to be july. that's another 3 months which is well on schedule with what we've been seeing.

~Aya~
Mar 30, 2013, 06:57 PM
counting the april 10 update it's 30.

again we're not talking about tomorrow, we're talking about what's mostly likely going to be july. that's another 3 months which is well on schedule with what we've been seeing.

Update your char info ya butthead.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 07:08 PM
There <_<

TehblackUchiha
Mar 30, 2013, 08:44 PM
lol i could see them adding 2nd subclasses. Something i just thought about was that the star emblem next to your primary class is gold and your subclass silver 3rd class would be bronze. And i guess it could make hybrid classes actually decent.

NoiseHERO
Mar 30, 2013, 09:56 PM
I'll throw in one of these, too:
https://58fi4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pnryIfwQlc3o7fNhOZe_CcFv_qTUyUseNI3eJXfEBrofK37j NcA7k0SAxyhp7iPTl9hfS-It-rvE/8p10n.gif?psid=1

what I do?

They're all terrible games D:

Syklo
Mar 30, 2013, 10:14 PM
lol i could see them adding 2nd subclasses. Something i just thought about was that the star emblem next to your primary class is gold and your subclass silver 3rd class would be bronze. And i guess it could make hybrid classes actually decent.
I thought this as well.

But what could the 3rd one bring?
Main = Skills, PA's, weapons, 100% stats
Sub = Skills, PA's, 20% stats
Di-sub = Skills, 5% Stats?

And perhaps Tri-class combo bonuses?
Oh god this sounds like PSU all over again (from what I've seen; actually clueless on this)

Laxedrane
Mar 30, 2013, 10:24 PM
I thought this as well.

But what could the 3rd one bring?
Main = Skills, PA's, weapons, 100% stats
Sub = Skills, PA's, 20% stats
Di-sub = Skills, 5% Stats?

And perhaps Tri-class combo bonuses?
Oh god this sounds like PSU all over again (from what I've seen; actually clueless on this)

Not really. The only classes that had skill were Protranser(being able to use all traps including exclusive ones), forte classes used less PP and Acro and master classes that preformed PAs faster with masters using more pp per cast. Stat wise usually their name said it all.

With the only note worthy ones being protranser(Which had shitty stats to start way lower then other level 1 classes. Then really solid stats by 20) Fortefighter(The tank with high hp and defense.) and acrofighter(Which had stupidly high TP and outclassed some Technic users in it as well.

The only way I can see it getting closer to PSU is if they let us use our sub class's weapons as if they were the main.

Anyways the only way we get too PSU-y is if they started to make the ability to equip weapons solely determine by class and not by a weapon by weapon basis. Also Cap photon arts base on class.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 10:38 PM
Honestly, rather than a second subclass I'd prefer a skill tree rework with subclassing already in mind...

The Walrus
Mar 30, 2013, 11:30 PM
Like giving you a whole new tree that is determined by your Main and Sub to play with on top of the normal 2 trees?

Mokyu
Mar 31, 2013, 12:03 AM
No one has talked about the new planet yet! :o

Maybe a world thats Underwater?

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2013, 12:29 AM
No one has talked about the new planet yet! :o

Maybe a world thats Underwater?

I'd say it's mostly because we don't know what to expect. It COULD be a darker planet or something too. I don't really know. Has anyone datamined anything that could possibly be related?

yoshiblue
Mar 31, 2013, 12:43 AM
If double subbing exists I know what i must do.

Ash the ultimate Hunter. Hu/Fo/Ramar. Orange and Yellow HUmar suit. Son of Falz and Rico. Broke through dimension via portal and now works for Arkz. Original Character, do not steal!

supersonix9
Mar 31, 2013, 01:36 AM
please be a water-based planet.

Blackheart521
Mar 31, 2013, 01:51 AM
If double subbing exists I know what i must do.

Ash the ultimate Hunter. Hu/Fo/Ramar. Orange and Yellow HUmar suit. Son of Falz and Rico. Broke through dimension via portal and now works for Arkz. Original Character, do not steal!

I think someone beat you to the punch ^^;

http://pso-world.com/images/fanart/psow_hikosaka.jpg

yoshiblue
Mar 31, 2013, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

GuardianGirth
Mar 31, 2013, 02:41 AM
Episode 2 = Seabed remake?

....please let it happen.

doomdragon83
Mar 31, 2013, 02:52 AM

....please let it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE
No more non-sense please. I had enough Seabeds to last a lifetime.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 31, 2013, 03:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

sike naw lol. I just wanted to be apart of the video spam while it was still going :3 anyways i would look forward to seabed and an olga flow remake.

GuardianGirth
Mar 31, 2013, 03:22 AM
Luke says No - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE)

Seabeds is fucking amazing. Are you living in garbtown?

Also, someone who considers that nonsense clearly should not be sporting Calisto NTG in their name title because that weapon is equally sexy as seabeds.

You cant have one without the other.

NoiseHERO
Mar 31, 2013, 05:14 AM
needs more beach and mountains.

Ezodagrom
Mar 31, 2013, 05:21 AM
I'd say it's mostly because we don't know what to expect. It COULD be a darker planet or something too. I don't really know. Has anyone datamined anything that could possibly be related?
Yes, back when the areas Dragon Altar and the 3rd Lillipa area (only called "Lillipa 3" for now) were found in the data.

New planet: Unknown name (area is "Coast"). Has a boss arena being worked on, but no idea how it'll be (doesn't even have a debug warp-to command).

Syklo
Mar 31, 2013, 05:37 AM
If the new planet is aquatic and of multiple altitudes (Think Skylands but partially submerged) and PA's operate differently underwater (HELLO RUMBLING MOON WHIRLPOOL),
Then I am super satisfied.

lostinseganet
Mar 31, 2013, 11:16 AM

....please let it happen. Their needs to be more episode 2 love in this game. The beach level was fun too.

Ezodagrom
Apr 1, 2013, 10:12 PM
Only noticed this now, this was added to the Bumped post about Episode 2, a new feature for the my room jukebox:

Shougai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/04/130402a.html) (a Japanese PSO fansite) got a chance to speak with Hideaki Kobayashi at the Sympathy Concert. There they learned of a new feature in the Jukebox that allows you to choose different variations of music. This can be noted in the Jukebox menu where the fourth option 曲譜を変える “change music” is currently disabled.

In the example Shougai provided; you can select from the Non-Battle, Battle, PSE Burst, and Rare Enemy variations of a stage’s theme. This would also apply to the Vol Dragon’s theme where you could choose between its magma and non-magma variations.http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-code-episode-2-announced

I guess this means that they will start releasing music discs from PSO2 stages and bosses, I so want this. :D
I wonder if this also means that we'll get to hear full continuous music tracks from the areas instead of parts of music tracks that are meshed together by the RNG.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 12:08 AM
Only noticed this now, this was added to the Bumped post about Episode 2, a new feature for the my room jukebox:

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-code-episode-2-announced

I guess this means that they will start releasing music discs from PSO2 stages and bosses, I so want this. :D
I wonder if this also means that we'll get to hear full continuous music tracks from the areas instead of parts of music tracks that are meshed together by the RNG.
Sounds like it just means you directly modify the sympathy system with that jukebox option.
i.e. it plays tundra, then you set it to battle version and it just transitions into it like normal. Otherwise continuous.

can't wait to just place a PSE BURST version of tundra in team room.

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 12:15 AM
If the new planet is aquatic and of multiple altitudes (Think Skylands but partially submerged) and PA's operate differently underwater (HELLO RUMBLING MOON WHIRLPOOL),
Then I am super satisfied.

U mean something like sunken city atlantis(ruins + underwater + fallen floating cont combination)? That would be nice.

Mekhana
Apr 2, 2013, 12:36 AM
I want a beach level. If not, a beach add on to the team room.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 01:52 AM
U mean something like sunken city atlantis(ruins + underwater + fallen floating cont combination)? That would be nice.
i...........think so?
No idea what you're referring to :-?

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 02:08 AM
i...........think so?
No idea what you're referring to :-?

nah nevermind. :D

gigawuts
Apr 2, 2013, 03:39 AM
Maybe it's a Gal Da Val Planet?

I mean, your generic tropical planet. Because that wouldn't already be possible on Naberius.

Whatever we get I just want a subterranean desert on steroids, probably on Lillipa. Underground ecosystems are the coolest. Lillipa's got the water for an underground river area, in a2 of mines. Amduscia has whatever the devs goddamn want because fuck the laws of physics on that planet.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 04:02 AM
Whatever we get I just want a subterranean desert on steroids, probably on Lillipa. Underground ecosystems are the coolest. Lillipa's got the water for an underground river area, in a2 of mines. Amduscia has whatever the devs goddamn want because fuck the laws of physics on that planet.

The next area is likely to be Lilipa's 3rd zone. Whether that's oases or underground water basins......

And lol amduscia.

Meji
Apr 2, 2013, 04:11 AM
Maybe it's a Gal Da Val Planet?
ASKJDHWDGJH ;_; <3
I am throwing money at the screen. Why is nothing happening?!

Alisha
Apr 2, 2013, 04:18 AM
http://youtu.be/HSUAmpgCwo4

Ezodagrom
Apr 2, 2013, 05:18 AM
Sounds like it just means you directly modify the sympathy system with that jukebox option.
i.e. it plays tundra, then you set it to battle version and it just transitions into it like normal. Otherwise continuous.

can't wait to just place a PSE BURST version of tundra in team room.
That's not really what I meant. ^^;
I meant that, for example, when staying in an area with just the calm music or just the battle music, there's no set order to the music, it plays specific segments of the music in a random order.
Don't really know how to explain this well. ^^;

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 05:42 AM
That's not really what I meant. ^^;
I meant that, for example, when staying in an area with just the calm music or just the battle music, there's no set order to the music, it plays specific segments of the music in a random order.
Don't really know how to explain this well. ^^;
So instead of random segments being sown together, you want one, constructed, constant loop?

Ezodagrom
Apr 2, 2013, 06:44 AM
So instead of random segments being sown together, you want one, constructed, constant loop?
For the room, I would like to, yes. Basically an "OST" version of the tracks.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 06:48 AM
For the room, I would like to, yes. Basically an "OST" version of the tracks.
As long as it actually loops well I'm fine with w/e.

Like シプヤ03

Skyly HUmar
Apr 2, 2013, 01:32 PM
Everything sounds great exept for the new classes X.x. I'm still not a fan of having to be a specific class to use a specific weapon type, and if we are getting a new set of classes (im not a beliver in double subbing) some of us are going to have to make the choice... which skill tree/wep set to use. And if the new melee class has a really good tree im gonna feel like i just wasted some time building hu/fi >.>.

I mean sure it wasnt a waste up till now, but itll be redundant later if you go with the new tree. All of this pretains to main class combo ofcourse, we can still screw arround with different classes.

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2013, 03:03 PM
I hope there's triple classing so Techer can become a viable hybrid sub.

A third tech class without double subs would either be worthless for a Force sub, or replace Techer for any class combo. Unless Sega gets really creative.

kkow
Apr 2, 2013, 03:17 PM
I don't see anything but triple classing possible if pso2 ends up with anywhere close to the number of weapon catagories in the previous games. There just isn't enough skill points to go around if they keep adding weapons.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 2, 2013, 03:50 PM
Thats still kinda redundant though since you cant use your sub's weps unless theyre all class.

Mekhana
Apr 2, 2013, 04:00 PM
Would be cool if you could still use them but with a small damage penalty or something.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 2, 2013, 04:47 PM
Would be cool if you could still use them but with a small damage penalty or something.

Well you can use universals regardless of class but without the proper main or sub you can't use the PAs.

Aquayoshi
Apr 2, 2013, 05:27 PM
They really need to add more ranged weapons. Melee classes have 6 (+1 if you count gunslash) weapon types, the same as the ranged and force classes combined. And while I think FOs and TEs also deserve a new weapon or two, they already have a lot of variety in how they can attack enemies, in the form of techs. (Many of the techniques aren't necessarily balanced, or viable compared to Rafoie, Zonde etc. but that's a whole other can of worms...)

Rangers only get one exclusive weapon - launchers - and they share assault rifles with Gunners. Gunners only get mechs as exclusives. Unless you use all-class weapons, you're effectively limited to three types of weapons as a Ranger or Gunner, and Rifles feel too weak next to Mechs and Launchers to use for anything other than Weak Bullet. And since the ranged classes don't have techs like the casters do, it seems like they get no variety.

What I'm afraid is going to happen is that Sega will add like twelve more melee weapons, zero new force weapons, and one ranged weapon. And that single new ranged weapon is all the new ranged class (if there is one) can use besides gunslash.

Actually, no. Force classes will get the new weapon, and ranged classes will get nothing.

/rant

tl;dr: "BAWWW SEGA PLS GIVE US RANGERS MOAR WEPINS YOU STUTID F***S" [sic]

Skyly HUmar
Apr 2, 2013, 05:34 PM
Well you can use universals regardless of class but without the proper main or sub you can't use the PAs.

My gripe with that is that there are not alot of good universal weps. Nishiki isnt bad, the gloves suck, and the pyroxene ds is only good because its easy to 50%. All class mechs are weak as all hell, umbla stick is too rare to be of any use really (even though i found 3 of them (2 in the same crystal LOL)).

What i mean is: atm the all class weps that are out are only good if you are using a HU sub.

Golto
Apr 2, 2013, 06:19 PM
What I'm hoping for are master classes for the 3 types. Those classes would be able to use all weapons related to their type (all guns for gunmaster for example). I think we'll get those eventually but not with the start of ep2. I remember reading something about having classes that will require a number of classes to unlock. Maybe they will follow psu's pattern of basic=>hybrid=> master classes?

Sakarisei
Apr 2, 2013, 06:44 PM
My gripe with that is that there are not alot of good universal weps. Nishiki isnt bad, the gloves suck, and the pyroxene ds is only good because its easy to 50%. All class mechs are weak as all hell, umbla stick is too rare to be of any use really (even though i found 3 of them (2 in the same crystal LOL)).

What i mean is: atm the all class weps that are out are only good if you are using a HU sub.

Yeah... atm, the only viable all class weapons are Lambda Alystine, Lambda Patty Lumelia and Lambda Hyperion of the game.

I think that SEGA should have done much more all class weapon for allowing guys hybrid builds. It's very ridiculous for example, in a HU/RA using a bouquet rifle (or the other ones) because WB or trying getting more varierity. Only the real varierity of the HU/RA is the rifle and launcher pyroxene of Dark Falz's stones, but these weapons really sucks, and i don't think that a HU/RA will put some points in the mag or in the subclass skill R-DEF because these weapons requires unafortunately R-DEF... and of course, these weapons are really 10 stars of hard mode, not for very hard mode.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 2, 2013, 06:49 PM

oh I agree completely that universal weapons have gone completely neglected. it's a damned shame really. All I was saying is the universal weapons are the damage penalty for equipping a weapon out of its class. They need to make some easy to find, reasonably powered ones though. The fact that even Hu/Fi doesn't get a proper DS or Knuckle is unreasonable.

@Aquayoshi:

I felt the same way til I realized how useless most melee weapons are. 3-4 are actually decent while the rest are just there to be there. Gunner and ranger may only get 4 (I'm including GS cause they're the only class that makes really good use of it), but the ones they have all get used.

Heck tech classes get 3 weapons, but the only one worth using is rod with talis being a distant second.

besides more weapon classes just means you have more weapons to upgrade and more monsters to fight for certain orders.

I'm fine with a small number as long as they get the job done.

~Aya~
Apr 2, 2013, 06:51 PM
oh I agree completely that universal weapons have gone completely neglected. it's a damned shame really. All I was saying is the universal weapons are the damage penalty for equipping a weapon out of its class. They need to make some easy to find, reasonably powered ones though. The fact that even Hu/Fi doesn't get a proper DS or Knuckle is unreasonable.

It's always about the sharpest stick.. u.u..