PDA

View Full Version : Need help downloading and installing english patch and using english installer

MadDemon64
Mar 31, 2013, 11:45 AM
Ok, so I downloaded the game, and tried downloading an english patch, and it translated a lot, but not everything (all the speech bubbles, item text, etc. was still in japanese), so I downloaded another one for monsters, but then the game wouldn't start up.

Can someone help give me a quick runthrough of what english patches I should download to be able to read everything (or at least know what people are saying and what items are), and how to use the english patch installer?

Lostbob117
Mar 31, 2013, 12:05 PM
Go to the english patch forums.

RedRaz0r
Mar 31, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ok, so I downloaded the game, and tried downloading an english patch, and it translated a lot, but not everything (all the speech bubbles, item text, etc. was still in japanese), so I downloaded another one for monsters, but then the game wouldn't start up.

Can someone help give me a quick runthrough of what english patches I should download to be able to read everything (or at least know what people are saying and what items are), and how to use the english patch installer?

No need to be rude to the guy...

Anyways, just download the standard english patch and call it good. The monster one is outdated and therefore breaks your game. You can repair it using the repair option, then just put the standard english patch in.

For chat, there is a chat translator you can download right here on these forums. I would link you but im on my phone at the moment, so just search it or google it.

For items, no current translations in game are available, but you can copy and use ctrl f on this site to identify your items: http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com

Good luck!

MadDemon64
Mar 31, 2013, 12:33 PM
Yea, I'm starting to think that the unofficial english patch is more trouble than it is worth.

I am going to wait for the official release.

Thanks anyway though.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 31, 2013, 12:56 PM
you're going to wait for an indeterminate amount of time for a game that may well get canceled cause it's too much trouble to drag and drop once a week?

blace
Mar 31, 2013, 12:59 PM
Different strokes for different folks. No need to get on their case.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 31, 2013, 01:01 PM
just putting into perspective for them

blace
Mar 31, 2013, 01:03 PM
Just a delay, it's not like other games haven't been delayed.

Even though Sega hasn't been vocal about it, it doesn't mean it would be cancelled right out.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 31, 2013, 01:05 PM
Why I said "may" and not "is destined to be"

xuhor
Mar 31, 2013, 02:28 PM
For those that don't like dragging and dropping everytime, there is a Translation Launcher you could check out that replaces the normal lancher. You just click English or Japanese flags to pick which you want to play, and it does all the drag and drops for you. It even tells you when there's a new update.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 31, 2013, 02:30 PM
You still have to drag and drop the new patches into a patch folder.

The english launcher doesn't actually download the patches for you.

Maronji
Mar 31, 2013, 02:31 PM
The Core English Patch translates Client Orders, some Matter Board information, enemy names, quest names and a few other nice bells and whistles. Basically brings the game to a base playable level.

The Large Files Patch (which is broken at the moment) translates more (but not all) of the field chatter, involving the operators and the gunship pilots

The Story Patch translates most of the current story mission content.

AIDA is working on an external .dll file that might translate the item names (they're server-side, but they get temporarily stored in memory), but because of the nature of how it works, don't get your hopes too high. S/he is also working on community projects to get a bunch of the other text (like the client order flavor text and NPC autowords (and more)).

That's the lowdown at the moment.