PDA

View Full Version : Has PSO2 gotten any better since launch?

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 12:58 PM
i was thinking about coming back and since i don't have any of my old accounts info id have to start from scratch and the jap captcha and sign up in general seems to be giving me grief.

anyway before i put forth all that effort i wanted to ask a few things.

can items still not be traded?
is the room still unaccessible?
can items still not be dropped?
can you still not place items on auction?

i am aware all these things wer available to paying players, but i lack the funds and patience for that sort of thing.

i really did enjoy most everything els about the game being that iv played ever ps title. just wonderin this stuff =3

thanks in advance.

in that case... the battle system is pretty okay.....

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 01:01 PM
It would probably help if you didn't post a thread with such an inflammatory title.

Here's an alternative that doesn't reek of opinion: "Has PSO2 improved since launch"?

It took me all of three seconds to think that up. The fact that you still stuck with the same title says a lot about your mindset...

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:03 PM
lol... you are one self-absorbed ignorant piece of work aren't you? =3
lucky i can see the good in most things.
splendid personality you got on you there.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 01:03 PM
Im just gonna do this. Happy sailing.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 01:04 PM
Seriously, PSO2 is one of the least restrictive F2P games I've ever played.

h-...ha..h-haha....

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*wheeze*BLAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
(I am in disagreement with your statement good sir.)

jooozek
Apr 1, 2013, 01:05 PM
no it hasnt
its still the same steaming pile of shit

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 01:05 PM
h-...ha..h-haha....

And the example is true, so it's...funny?
It's one of the few games that isn't pay to win.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:06 PM
h-...ha..h-haha....

anyway, xD
as i asked in the last thread, what mmos u been into lately connor?

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:08 PM
and everyone, lets try not to flair up and lash out at people for differing opinions. mod shouldn't have to babysit us.

HIT0SHI
Apr 1, 2013, 01:24 PM
1) Can items still not be traded?
>Only players who have premium can trade.

2) Is the room still unaccessible?
You'll also need premium for that or get lucky on the FUN scratch with a "3-day room ticket".

3) Can items still not be dropped?
>I personally haven't tried this, but if I recall you could drop consumible items (and by that I mean monates, dimates, etc...).

4) Can you still not place items on auction?
If you mean a player shop, then that also requires you to have premium or once again get lucky on the FUN scratch with a "3-day shop ticket".

"I am aware all these things were available to paying players, but i lack the funds and patience for that sort of thing."

Yeaaaaah getting AC especially for foraginers is a bit complicated. :/

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 01:27 PM
Zyrusticae is actually right. How many MMO's practically offer everything to the free player? Including all costumes, aesthetics, exp boosters available for regular in-game money. In-game money that you can practically have an endless supply of with Time Attacks along with 3-day shop passes for selling rares.

So you can't trade, and premium users get some nice benefits, but honestly the advantage to the paying player is so low. There is almost no reason to even pay. The people that do pay most likely already have a substantial amount of time put into the game already.

People are just upset that instead of playing markets, you actually have to play the game. If you don't want to play the game by all means pay up. How is this not a fair system?

Also nice ad hominem response. You are doing wonders for yourself already.

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 01:32 PM
h-...ha..h-haha....

Well, you don't have any facts to go along with your opinion, so I will promptly disregard. (Well, that, and besides that you're a blatant troll so why should I feed you?)

For anyone else, the only games with less restrictive F2P models are games like Team Fortress 2 ("The Hat Simulator") and DotA 2, which sell entirely on cosmetics and nothing else (and are exceptions because they are run by Valve and the only games on the entire market that run this model), and games like TERA and AION, which run on a model that relies on selling consumables and cosmetics. It's worth noting that both of the latter games have enchanting systems that are notoriously awful and are actually worse than PSO2's grinding system (and, surprise surprise, some of the consumables they sell are items to help alleviate the pain of using the enchanting systems). There's good reasons why I'm not playing TERA right now.

I should mention Path of Exile is attempting the Valve model, but it is an open question whether or not that will provide them the funding to survive over the long haul. Consumer-friendly practices are not necessarily good for the developer as well. These are companies and they need to make money to survive, like anyone else.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:34 PM
Zyrusticae is actually right. How many MMO's practically offer everything to the free player? Including all costumes, aesthetics, exp boosters available for regular in-game money. In-game money that you can practically have an endless supply of with Time Attacks along with 3-day shop passes for selling rares.

So you can't trade, and premium users get some nice benefits, but honestly the advantage to the paying player is so low. There is almost no reason to even pay. The people that do pay most likely already have a substantial amount of time put into the game already.

People are just upset that instead of playing markets, you actually have to play the game. If you don't want to play the game by all means pay up. How is this not a fair system?

Also nice ad hominem response. You are doing wonders for yourself already.

hmmmm
sure is suspicious that this is your first post, and the account was created today.
nice try tho..
must care allot.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 01:35 PM
anyway, xD
as i asked in the last thread, what mmos u been into lately connor?

nothing much. pso2 crashed and burned, basically just an online gambling/dress up/virtual waifu game

Not really into any other mmos but got a few steam games i'm playing atm

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:36 PM
Well, you don't have any facts to go along with your opinion, so I will promptly disregard. (Well, that, and besides that you're a blatant troll so why should I feed you?)

For anyone else, the only games with less restrictive F2P models are games like Team Fortress 2 ("The Hat Simulator") and DotA 2, which sell entirely on cosmetics and nothing else (and are exceptions because they are run by Valve and the only games on the entire market that run this model), and games like TERA and AION, which run on a model that relies on selling consumables and cosmetics. It's worth noting that both of the latter games have enchanting systems that are notoriously awful and are actually worse than PSO2's grinding system (and, surprise surprise, some of the consumables they sell are items to help alleviate the pain of using the enchanting systems). There's good reasons why I'm not playing TERA right now.

I should mention Path of Exile is attempting the Valve model, but it is an open question whether or not that will provide them the funding to survive over the long haul. Consumer-friendly practices are not necessarily good for the developer as well. These are companies and they need to make money to survive, like anyone else.

(glances at wall of text)

sorry, i already threw out any care i have to what you have to say, after your rude childish uproar =3

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:38 PM
w.o just hit steam man.
not tryin to push a game or anything, but it truly is one of the most revolutionary mmos out right now.

think like if sao was a actual mmo.
it's like that.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 01:38 PM
nothing much. pso2 crashed and burned, basically just an online gambling/dress up/virtual waifu game

Not really into any other mmos but got a few steam games i'm playing atm

Yet it's doing really well in it's home country, so much for crashing and burning?

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:40 PM
Yet it's doing really well in it's home country, so much for crashing and burning?
wow is also doing well, must be an incredibly unique game hu? =]

but seriously wow sux.

jooozek
Apr 1, 2013, 01:40 PM

its not really a magical event that it does well in the country in which people like that kind of stuff.

Ryock
Apr 1, 2013, 01:42 PM
Some good examples I can think of that turn into pay to win are Ragnarok Online. That game got extremely ridiculous with the kafra boxes, especially once the game went free to play. And to an extent like Zyrus just said, Aion and Tera are also pretty bad if you want high end gear. It's been quite a while since I last played Dragon Nest, but from what I remember, the costumes(which were real cash items) in that game gave stat boosts, giving a clear edge to those who pay.

Other games besides Dota and TF2 I can think of are League of Legends as well that don't really encourage spending much money on them.

When you look at some of the games that are out atm, this game is actually extremely forgiving as far as free to play goes. I've seen some pretty bad stuff happen, such as gear you can't obtain without real money, modes of play and updated content(free to play Ragnarok Online before 3rd classes came out. On the Valkyrie server), costumes, level caps, job changes, etc. Some games are really rough out there.

PSO2 is one of the easiest I've seen. It's one of the only free to play games I've seen where you can just play the game, and achieve almost the exact same things as anyone who pays for the game. The only exceptions really just having a shop, and trading really. Time attacks made sure that the free players can keep up.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 01:43 PM
I dunno theres something of a difference of.
"I hate this game." and "This game is dead"

Alot of you guys don't like the game and its cool. Don't like the random generation, too boring, "Monster Hunter Jr by Mattel." its cool.

Doesn't mean it crashed and burned though. The main people who wanted it still play and enjoy it. That should be enough for them.

Macman
It's one of the few games that isn't pay to win.
Too bad the whole "can only buy 10* with premium" deal is moving it towards pay-to-win territory fast.

IAMERR0R
its not really a magical event that it does well in the country in which people like that kinda stuff

yea, true that.
nice profile pic btw, that niguh was a badasss.

Agitated_AT
Apr 1, 2013, 01:45 PM
the answer is a simple no

eleboration: every addition since lauch is bound to feel the same apart from aesthetics. For example, theres a new field that looks different with different mobs,but in the end the mobs are just as easy and the field structure almost exactly the same. same for the equips/rares. theres a few exceptions to the rule. the bosses for example are great.

So far i noticed that people who dont care about the field experience as not being the focus of the game, should feel right at home in this game.

theres tons of costumes and cool looking overpowered rares for you to get.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 01:46 PM
Too bad the whole "can only buy 10* with premium" deal is moving it towards pay-to-win territory fast.

Not really, as the 10* that are tradable isn't really that much better then the one you can get in the crystal shop.
And it still doesn't prevent player from selling it in my shop with pass.
Until they comeout with gear/skill that is only pay to get, or other overpowered gear that is only real money, it's not pay2win.

Zyrusticae
You mean towards "freemium" territory, which is not at all the same thing as "P2W".

People need to stop throwing the "P2W" label with completely reckless abandon, it does them no favors.

IAMERR0R
I dunno theres something of a difference of.
"I hate this game." and "This game is dead"

Alot of you guys don't like the game and its cool. Don't like the random generation, too boring, "Monster Hunter Jr by Mattel." its cool.

Doesn't mean it crashed and burned though. The main people who wanted it still play and enjoy it. That should be enough for them.
me and so many of my friends wanted it so bad.
and and are now disappointed.

not saying it's like on the par of being as bad as wow.
just sayin i would have loved an actual sequel to pso ... if you know what i mean.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 01:49 PM
I hear ya. Theres alot about PSO2 that leaves me begging for something different. I don't think its garbage though.

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 01:49 PM
wow is also doing well, must be an incredibly unique game hu? =]

but seriously wow sux.
This is so completely moronic it hurts.

WoW is the only P2P game on the planet with as many subscribers as they have. Are they all wrong and playing the game exclusively because their friends are too? No, it's not that simple. WoW is a competently made game and the fact that you don't enjoy it does not change the fact that it is a massive success and a fun game for loads and loads of people.

I hate WoW with a passion and even I can recognize that that doesn't invalidate the opinion of everyone who actually likes that game.

Z-0
Apr 1, 2013, 01:50 PM
PSO2 is very light pay to win: You'll get meseta out of AC, but it's only very little and a player who doesn't scratch can easily beat a scratcher. I mean, the richest people on PSO2 do not scratch, or if they do, it's not mass scratching at all.

I mean, some people think I'm some really rich player, but I've never scratched and only bought AC for shops. I have ridiculously OP gear, but I haven't put much into PSO2 at all.

That being said, 10* being tradeable is far from P2W in my opinion. It's limited (you still have to have 10*s), and 50% element pyroxene weapons or certain 7-9* beat them all out anyway. The only 10*s I've bought are Umbra Stick since I could never find it ever, and about 4 Cannon Legacies to make one 50% since there's no pyroxene launcher.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 01:52 PM
Some good examples I can think of that turn into pay to win are Ragnarok Online. That game got extremely ridiculous with the kafra boxes, especially once the game went free to play. And to an extent like Zyrus just said, Aion and Tera are also pretty bad if you want high end gear. It's been quite a while since I last played Dragon Nest, but from what I remember, the costumes(which were real cash items) in that game gave stat boosts, giving a clear edge to those who pay.

Other games besides Dota and TF2 I can think of are League of Legends as well that don't really encourage spending much money on them.

When you look at some of the games that are out atm, this game is actually extremely forgiving as far as free to play goes. I've seen some pretty bad stuff happen, such as gear you can't obtain without real money, modes of play and updated content(free to play Ragnarok Online before 3rd classes came out. On the Valkyrie server), costumes, level caps, job changes, etc. Some games are really rough out there.

PSO2 is one of the easiest I've seen. It's one of the only free to play games I've seen where you can just play the game, and achieve almost the exact same things as anyone who pays for the game. The only exceptions really just having a shop, and trading really. Time attacks made sure that the free players can keep up.

Ah, RO, I remember someone earlier tried to use it and FF13 as an example of a "right" rare system, ignoring the hour long MVP spawn, that is on a random location on the map, that you have to fight other player, and only the top damager can get the drop for...10~30 sec, before it's free for all, and all the bot and RMT..

Other games I've tried.

SD-Gundam Online - The only way to get a new mech is through Gacha system with real money only

Cosmic Break - Same as above, except it's only for the really good unit, in other region, in stead of gacha giving a whole mech, it only gives individual parts.

Elsword Online - Gacha system for upgrade, avatar item that actually improve stat beyond normal player, new character type is cash only. Gacha system is terrible that if trying to get avatar item, there is a chance ot get repeat part, random item, or even items that is for 3~4 other chara that you can't use. the game is also overun with RMT and developer isn't really doing anything.

Pangya - Real money Gacha for rare item only in other region.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:52 PM

WoW is the only P2P game on the planet with as many subscribers as they have. Are they all wrong and playing the game exclusively because their friends are too? No, it's not that simple. WoW is a competently made game and the fact that you don't enjoy it does not change the fact that it is a massive success and a fun game for loads and loads of people.

I hate WoW with a passion and even I can recognize that that doesn't invalidate the opinion of everyone who actually likes that game.
allota people like kesha, it doesn't mean she makes good music,
it means there's allot of stupid people.

do you get the analogy?

Agitated_AT
Apr 1, 2013, 01:53 PM
but kesha sucks. wow may not be my thing. but it seems like a well built, ambitious game with a lot of care.

the latter being something i'd say pso2 lacks. So in that regard i personally aknowledge wow's strenght

Sayara
I get your analogy however I do not agree that if person X likes Kesha it makes them stupid.
Or if person U likes PSO2 it makes them stupid.

it becomes a matter of what suits their fancy. Like. I like beatmania. but it can be argued its far from a really great game to anyone EXCEPT people of that niche.

Sizustar

do you get the analogy?

Not really, except that you believe your opinion on certain subject should superscede other people enjoyment, because you have real "taste" and the mass don't.

Gama
Apr 1, 2013, 01:54 PM
segas making profit from it. thts should be a good sign.

Macman
Apr 1, 2013, 01:54 PM
You mean towards "freemium" territory, which is not at all the same thing as "P2W".I dunno, when you have the ability to get any good weapon you desire with enough meseta instead of being completely at the mercy of the awful rates in this game, it's a pretty huge leap towards...

Compare to free player Joe who gets 5 10* melee rares when he mains force, and can't do a damn thing to remedy that unless he happens to get ridiculously (un)lucky a 6th time, or throw up 1300 AC and turn those 5 melee rares into passes so he can finally buy something useful to him.

Remember, folks: how often in this game have you ever actually found an item while you were consciously looking for it?

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
I enjoy PSO2 for what it is, but its not the sequel to PSO I wanted. Theres still a lot of generic quests, mundane daily chores, and lacks the fun social and zany elements from the original. But the original is still far and away so archaic and this game improves the base formula by miles.

The thing with the freemium model is, getting to the point where you need to buy 10* equips is a long time. By the time you get there you've probably invested 150+ hours into a game that you didn't pay a cent for. So finally they charge you some money for equips that you can get on your own, and as said are only a little better then spellstone equips. As if you really need them to continue enjoying the game.

Also as much as I can compare PSO2 with MH3U, PSO2 is not as engaging design-wise but at least I find the game fun. More then I can say for a lot of games right now.

Edit: Also in the original PSO, you couldn't get certain rares at ALL because your player ID. So yeah. Rares are special because they are rare.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
I hear ya. Theres alot about PSO2 that leaves me begging for something different. I don't think its garbage though.
no,no.
there's allot of things there that are great, and i love.
but it just leads to making it more painful that the game is in the state it's in.

i really love the art style.
as i said combat is okay, much better than most mmos.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 01:56 PM
I enjoy PSO2 for what it is, but its not the sequel to PSO I wanted. Theres still a lot of generic quests, mundane daily chores, and lacks the fun social and zany elements from the original. But the original is still far and away so archaic and this game improves the base formula by miles.

The thing with the freemium model is, getting to the point where you need to buy 10* equips is a long time. By the time you get there you've probably invested 150+ hours into a game that you didn't pay a cent for. So finally they charge you some money for equips that you can get on your own, and as said are only a little better then spellstone equips. As if you really need them to continue enjoying the game.

Also as much as I can compare PSO2 with MH3U, PSO2 is not as engaging design-wise but at least I find the game fun. More then I can say for a lot of games right now.
..... >.>.....
i know you JUST made this acc.
it says you know.

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 01:57 PM

do you get the analogy?
Yeah, I get it, and it's fallacious as well.

Pop music can be well-made. It may be boring, it may be unambitious, but it can be done well and you can recognize it for what it is.

WoW may be boring to you, but it is actually a very well-constructed game. You may think the players have bad taste but that has no bearing on the quality of the game itself.

EvilMag
Apr 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
I dunno, when you have the ability to get any good weapon you desire with enough meseta instead of being completely at the mercy of the awful rates in this game, it's a pretty huge leap towards...

Compare to free player Joe who gets 5 10* melee rares when he mains force, and can't do a damn thing to remedy that unless he happens to get ridiculously (un)lucky a 6th time, or throw up 1300 AC and turn those 5 melee rares into passes so he can finally buy something useful to him.

Remember, folks: how often in this game have you ever actually found an item while you were consciously looking for it?
I've found a couple of 10*s. Most of them are just ones I don't want. .-.

I can only really name two 10*s I've found that I actually want.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 01:58 PM
no,no.
there's allot of things there that are great, and i love.
but it just leads to making it more painful that the game is in the state it's in.

i really love the art style.
as i said combat is okay, much better than most mmos.

I mean the biggest problem is its marketplace. At least with me.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 01:59 PM

yeah but I do agree that high profit does NOT always mean good quality game.

he just chose a bad example. wow isnt my cup of tea but I can acknowledge that blizzard does a good job with it, keeping its fans happy and adding good content.

PSO2 is doing well financially..but...can you say that SEGA is doing a quality job with the game? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

while blizzard seems to respect its fans, and do its best to listen to them and give cool content for everyone

I only see greasy sleazy tactics by SEGA, mainly how to milk their players dry while giving them as little actual content as possible

i mean really if you look at the business model of this game it has 2 easy targets;

taking advantage of gamblers and people with addictive personalities

taking impressionable/gullible young kids, and turning them into addicted gamblers & addicts

all the while they are putting in the minimum amount of effort possible to actually make their game better

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 01:59 PM
..... >.>.....
i know you JUST made this acc.
it says you know.

Yes, this certainly makes me less qualified to post then you. A guy who quit a year ago and came back to troll a forum of people playing the game. Great logic.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:00 PM
Not really, except that you believe your opinion on certain subject should superscede other people enjoyment, because you have real "taste" and the mass don't.
ah..
i don't believe that necessarily.

but when i see people being sucked in to things day in and day out just cus its crammed down there throat...

you can't tell me you don't see it.

i mean there's plenty of situations where i don't like something, but it doesn't make it crap, cus i can see the good in it and why some people may like it.

but things like wow, kesha, bullet for my vellentine, highschool musical....

i see no good in them.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:01 PM
I mean the biggest problem is its marketplace. At least with me.
agreed.
i could probably see past the rest.
but that's the worst of it.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yes, this certainly makes me less qualified to post then you. A guy who quit a year ago and came back to troll a forum of people playing the game. Great logic.
no, i just thing your someone els ~_^
i wont be replying to either of your accs now btw, gettin a bit busy.

good luck with whatever you decide to do tho.
i loves you
<33333

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 02:02 PM

he just chose a bad example. wow isnt my cup of tea but I can acknowledge that blizzard does a good job with it, keeping its fans happy and adding good content.

PSO2 is doing well financially..but...can you say that SEGA is doing a quality job with the game? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

while blizzard seems to respect its fans, and do its best to listen to them and give cool content for everyone

I only see greasy sleazy tactics by SEGA, mainly how to milk their players dry while giving them as little actual content as possible

i mean really if you look at the business model of this game it has 2 easy targets;

taking impressionable/gullible young kids, and turning them into addicted gamblers & addicts

all the while they are putting in the minimum amount of effort possible to actually make their game better

This is all pretty subjective. You've obviously never played MMO's where gambling is actually a real problem. This game is incredibly tame in comparison. It gets nice updates about every month, special events that swap out through the season, introducing balance and mechanical changes...

Essentially what you want them to do is make an entirely different game. When there is no need because obviously people are enjoying it.

Z-0
Apr 1, 2013, 02:03 PM
Personally I just don't like how all the quests are really boring, random, and it just gets super stale after a while. I found linear quests more exciting as you could do things to spice them up, like run x difficult quest with terrible y weapon, or try to do as fast as you can, but with the random maps, it feels like you can't do any of that as they're not really difficult unless they decide to throw a nasty spawn at you, which isn't very often. They're also random so learning strategies doesn't get you that far, except how to kill x enemy.

I'm falling out with this game fast, because I play it often and it feels like there's nothing necessarily concrete, especially since there's nothing "meta". You could argue the game isn't finished yet, but with something like PSU, I could still speedrun what was available (more variety than this game has: 4 quests, and 7 random ones because who plays anything but free field / AQs which are just the same thing really).

Maybe SEGA will surprise me with Episode 2 or some updates soon enough, but I feel this game just doesn't deliver at all.

Ryock
Apr 1, 2013, 02:03 PM
I dunno, when you have the ability to get any good weapon you desire with enough meseta instead of being completely at the mercy of the awful rates in this game, it's a pretty huge leap towards...

Honestly? I can't think of one time where I found the rare I was looking for. In fact, in a lot of cases, the rares helped me determine where I wanted to go with my class structure. I wanted to be a full on force/techer or force/fighter, so I hunted Demonic Fork, Maisen, etc. Instead I found three Noise Bullovas/Blowers. I was going to sub fighter anyways for the stances, so it didn't bother me too much since I'd have a decent weapon to level with. I ended up enjoying fighter so much that I instead decided to play hybrid, and go fighter/force.

Bit off topic I know... but to continue with what you're saying... it's a little easier to deal with being a force or a techer, I'll be honest, since their best weapons happen to be rares that are not 10 stars. Being a melee though, I was perfectly fine with using a Noise Blower, or a red Double Saber. Noise Blower is also, to my knowledge one of the easiest 10 star double sabers you can find, which happens to make a very good upgraded version.

I just don't think it's really that bad. Yeah, the person who paid can get a potentially easier way out, but the free player does still have a means to get around it.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:04 PM
ah..
i don't believe that necessarily.

but when i see people being sucked in to things day in and day out just cus its crammed down there throat...

you can't tell me you don't see it.

i mean there's plenty of situations where i don't like something, but it doesn't make it crap, cus i can see the good in it and why some people may like it.

but things like wow, kesha, bullet for my vellentine, highschool musical....

i see no good in them.

Everyone enjoy different thing, whether it be high art or pop art.
What individual enjoy is of no consequence to your or other people beside the people enjoying it, unless it affect you or other directly.
So just because some people like a game that you find bland, that doesn't make them terrible, I don't understand the appeal of FPS, but I don't go around making comment on the player or the game, nor do I enjoy the various facebook game, but other people enjoy them, and if they find joy in it, good for them.

supersonix9
Apr 1, 2013, 02:06 PM
h-...ha..h-haha....

either he's right or the restrictions don't affect the game enough to matter. take your pick mate.

Ryock
Apr 1, 2013, 02:06 PM

To make a statement to one of the things you said. Sakai DID mention that the game turned out better than he was expecting, and that content had to be pushed out quicker than they intended to. So now I'm guessing that probably has something to do with the stagnation we're receiving atm. It's a theory though.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 02:08 PM
Personally I just don't like how all the quests are really boring, random, and it just gets super stale after a while. I found linear quests more exciting as you could do things to spice them up, like run x difficult quest with terrible y weapon, or try to do as fast as you can, but with the random maps, it feels like you can't do any of that as they're not really difficult unless they decide to throw a nasty spawn at you, which isn't very often. They're also random so learning strategies doesn't get you that far, except how to kill x enemy.

I'm falling out with this game fast, because I play it often and it feels like there's nothing necessarily concrete, especially since there's nothing "meta". You could argue the game isn't finished yet, but with something like PSU, I could still speedrun what was available (more variety than this game has: 4 quests, and 7 random ones because who plays anything but free field / AQs which are just the same thing really).

Maybe SEGA will surprise me with Episode 2 or some updates soon enough, but I feel this game just doesn't deliver at all.

I agree, it's just depressing

I'm not sure why i log in anymore

PSO2 'meta' is the dressup features :-?

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 02:10 PM

I would honestly get bored if the game went this direction. Sure it'd be nice if they added more content like this, but I think that sort of design clashes with the "random" "everyday experiences" Sakai wanted to create. Playing the game with friends and not knowing what could be next.

That said it could be better in a lot of ways. A C-mode, more time-attack missions, anything like that would be cool, but Gallon's movies, days at the beach, burning rangers and stuff like that (But with more substance since this game obviously has the potential for it) would be even better for me.

EvilMag
Apr 1, 2013, 02:11 PM
Well looking at the video of Dragon's Altair, it looks like they're going back to using PSO/PSU's map layouts.

blace
Apr 1, 2013, 02:12 PM
Well looking at the video of Dragon's Altair, it looks like they're going back to using PSO/PSU's map layouts.
Or you know, it's like the new character creator that shows stuff that'll never be in the game, ie. sprinting.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:13 PM
yea, i don't care for fps either, but i don't give people grief for playin them.
as i have said it's not like "if i don't like it it sux"
i can not like something atall, and still acknowledge it for its strengths.

but some things i do view as crap, sorts of things that are just a ploy to take money and produce crap.
1st cus it's basicly brainwashing people into waisting there money.
and
2nd cus it contributes to a different standard to be expected.

for example

if every guitar player only played one note, and the media pushed them as the coolest musicians ever.

people would believe it!

then before you know it everyone plays 1note.

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 02:15 PM
You do realize you're basically saying everyone who actually enjoys the game as it is are complete idiots and wasting their money, right?

Because that's what I'm getting out of this conversation.

connor_the_kid
either he's right or the restrictions don't affect the game enough to matter. take your pick mate.

the reason I laughed is because i can name dozens of f2p less restrictive than pso2

EvilMag
Or you know, it's like the new character creator that shows stuff that'll never be in the game, ie. sprinting.

Picture of a map in the Altair. (Thanks PSO2Blog)
http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/altarmap.jpg?w=584

Considering that they've used PSO's map layout for the Den and now this makes me believe they may go back to using that for Ep2

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:16 PM
yea, i don't care for fps either, but i don't give people grief for playin them.
as i have said it's not like "if i don't like it it sux"
i can not like something atall, and still acknowledge it for its strengths.

but some things i do view as crap, sorts of things that are just a ploy to take money and produce crap.
1st cus it's basicly brainwashing people into waisting there money.
and
2nd cus it contributes to a different standard to be expected.

for example

if every guitar player only played one note, and the media pushed them as the coolest musicians ever.

people would believe it!

then before you know it everyone plays 1note.

I have no idea on what you are talking about, can you clarify?

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 02:17 PM
You do realize you're basically saying everyone who actually enjoys the game as it is are complete idiots and wasting their money, right?

Because that's what I'm getting out of this conversation.

Nah

people currently wasting their time on this failed sequel:

PSO fans clutching for dear life onto the hope that it will get better eventually

dress-up fans like yourself who dont really care what the gameplay is like , no offense but youve said yourself that you play pso2 for cosmetics.

i dont think anyone is an 'idiot' for playing pso2, theyre probably just gullible

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 02:17 PM
the reason I laughed is because i can name dozens of f2p less restrictive than pso2
Then do it.

Nah

PSO fans clutching for dear life onto the hope that it will get better eventually

dress-up fans like yourself who dont really care what the gameplay is like , no offense but youve said yourself that you play pso2 for cosmetics.

i dont think anyone is an 'idiot' for playing pso2, theyre probably just gullible
I also actually enjoy the game for what it is and not what it isn't. I do play this game and I have a 50/50 fo/te, a 53/46 hu/fi, and a 24 ra as proof.

Do I think the game could be better? Sure do! Of course I do. EVERY game can be improved in some way. I most certainly don't think it's anywhere nearly as bad as people in these threads like to make it seem, however.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:19 PM
Nah

So how people spend their time and disposable income needs your approval?

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 02:20 PM

Feel free to elaborate. Most of them have already been talked about in this thread. Also I can name dozens that go in the complete opposite direction. None of it detracts from the point that this game isn't very restrictive at all.

If you dislike the game so much, it sure doesn't show. You're wasting your time telling people who enjoy the game that they're "wasting their time." Is that not ironic to you? lol

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:22 PM
I have no idea on what you are talking about, can you clarify?
uh...
sorry, i know i tend to confuse maybe due to my poor grammar, and i apologize for that.

im saying i can see the good in most everything (including pso2, as i mentioned a couple things i really like about it)

and i wouldn't totally hate on a product to the point of calling the consumers idiots unless they truly are just that.

the sort that maybe likes the most untalented band, just because there friends like them.
or wow for example, uber generic, everyone plays cus there friends play and it's "what's in"

i can respect someones opinion when it is truly there own, and not some over popular trend everyone jumps on...

hope that explained and didn't further confuse things lol

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 02:22 PM
well to be honest I still somewhat list myself under the "PSO fans clutching for dear life onto the hope that it will get better eventually" category..

maybe I'm like a masochist or something ;/ or just a really dedicated fan, who knows

So how people spend their time and disposable income needs your approval?

nope, people can do what they want, im just giving my opinion

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:25 PM
well to be honest I still somewhat list myself under the "PSO fans clutching for dear life onto the hope that it will get better eventually" category..

maybe I'm like a masochist or something ;/ or just a really dedicated fan, who knows

nope, people can do what they want, im just giving my opinion
lmao xD maybe we both are cus that's the category me and my friends are in as well.

connor_the_kid
Then do it.

I also actually enjoy the game for what it is and not what it isn't. I do play this game and I have a 50/50 fo/te, a 53/46 hu/fi, and a 24 ra as proof.

Do I think the game could be better? Sure do! Of course I do. EVERY game can be improved in some way. I most certainly don't think it's anywhere nearly as bad as people in these threads like to make it seem, however.

and was it the gameplay/game mechanics that lead you to level up those jobs?

or the cosmetic dress up features and your connection to your character creations

Sizustar
uh...
sorry, i know i tend to confuse maybe due to my poor grammar, and i apologize for that.

im saying i can see the good in most everything (including pso2, as i mentioned a couple things i really like about it)

and i wouldn't totally hate on a product to the point of calling the consumers idiots unless they truly are just that.

the sort that maybe likes the most untalented band, just because there friends like them.
or wow for example, uber generic, everyone plays cus there friends play and it's "what's in"

i can respect someones opinion when it is truly there own, and not some over popular trend everyone jumps on...

No, it's just not all of the user on this forum are fluent in English.
But what does what other enjoy have anything to do with what you enjoy?
I'm not really a fan of FPS, and I don't understand the appeal of the top down Diablo type game, the only one I've played for a long time is RO, but it's for the social aspect.
My friends tried ot get me to try Diable 1,2,3, Torchlight1,2, Titan quest and many other similiar type, but I don't like it, but I don't try to convince my friend their playing the wrong game, or believe they are idiot for liking something that I can't find the appeal for.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 02:27 PM
I have the same thing

but in terms of some popular first-person-shooter games, and diablo/torchlight type games

I can't make the argument that it's a bad game, it's just not MY type of game

in the case of PSO2 i can certainly argue that it's poorly designed. it is my type of game. it's just very poorly made.

~Aya~
Apr 1, 2013, 02:31 PM
This is the only game i've ever truly enjoyed playing in a long time. That new feature with the instruments? Greatest thing ever. Quit making all of these depressing threads and either suck it up and find a way to enjoy the game or move on.

Seriously, life/games are too fun to be sitting around and picking at everything that you think is wrong with it.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:31 PM
No, it's just not all of the user on this forum are fluent in English.
But what does what other enjoy have anything to do with what you enjoy?
I'm not really a fan of FPS, and I don't understand the appeal of the top down Diablo type game, the only one I've played for a long time is RO, but it's for the social aspect.
My friends tried ot get me to try Diable 1,2,3, Torchlight1,2, Titan quest and many other similiar type, but I don't like it, but I don't try to convince my friend their playing the wrong game, or believe they are idiot for liking something that I can't find the appeal for.
again, there are ALLOT of things i don't like and others do, and it's totally fine, i would never think any less of them.

but there are some things, that are clearly crap and the only reason anyone likes them, is because they are told to like them.

and there allot of things like that.

you know how many songs and artists there are in the world?
there are SOOO many.
yet people insist on staying stuck with there handfull of crap pop artists, just cus hey, thats whats popular and plays on the radio. "that's what other people like, so i should to!"

this is another example ofcorse.

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah, not sure I know many online games that restrict player trading to paying players

Games that have level caps for "free" players aren't F2P. That's a trial for a P2P game

At least with P2W games, you can mostly buy the cash shop items you want and sell them to other players for in game currency so they can upgrade their weapons just the same as anyone else.

Z-0
Apr 1, 2013, 02:33 PM
This is the only game i've ever truly enjoyed playing in a long time. That new feature with the instruments? Greatest thing ever. Quital of these depressing threads and either suck it up and find a way to enjoy the game or move on.
Here's the problem: It's not really part of "the game". It's just a side feature for entirely social aspects.

You may really enjoy it, but that doesn't necessarily mean PSO2 is super amazing and enjoyable. Many of us want to play the game for the gameplay, and things like that aren't gameplay.

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 02:35 PM
Lol whats wrong with liking an MMO for cosmetics? If you're going to stare at a character for hours it might as well look pretty.

I agree the gameplay could be better, but the social aspect is a big part of an MMO. I could make a huge list of what I want from PSO2, but I AM enjoying the game right now for completely FREE. So I'm not really expecting it to happen.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:35 PM
Here's the problem: It's not really part of "the game". It's just a side feature for entirely social aspects.

You may really enjoy it, but that doesn't necessarily mean PSO2 is super amazing and enjoyable. Many of us want to play the game for the gameplay, and things like that aren't gameplay.
well said sir.

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 02:36 PM
You do realize that the ONLY reason to play an online game instead of a single-player one is for the social aspects, right?

I mean, if you don't care about the socializing bits, you should really, really consider any of the far superior single-player alternatives instead. In fact, I highly recommend Dragon's Dogma, as it is an excellent ARPG and largely without peer in the combat (grabbing onto big monsters changes EVERYTHING).

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:36 PM

If it's in the game, then it's a part of the gameplay, just because you don't use it, you can't disregard it.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 02:37 PM

agreed

and it's kind of telling that if you challenge what good content SEGA has released

some My Room furniture is the best he can name...

IAMERR0R
is there a way to block a troll from replying on my thread? =3

SociableTyrannosaur
uh...

How can this be crammed down their throats or be in any way related to what's popular (like WoW). when almost everyone on these forums who's playing it had go VERY out of their way to do so? PSO has always been a very niche series. The idea that a group of people have been corralled into playing a game where most of them don't even spend money to play it and those that do invest have to do much more than simple enter their credit card info says something.

Regardless your biggest complaints were about restrictions be placed on people who just download the game and choose not to pay a subscription fee - something you didn't have the option to do in any iteration of the US release or previous games after vanilla PSO.

Want more features? Pay the subscription. The fact is they could have given you far less than they did as a free player and still would have been more generous than some other F2P games. Did you know there are some that only let you play a handful of areas in a 24 hour period and if you want to play more you basically have to feed the game money for every instance beyond the limit?

As far as content is concerned, it's a mixed bag. I can't think of anyone who'd say they wouldn't like to see more from the game. Fortunately they're always adding content even if the majority of it is cosmetic and second life type stuff. They still add more areas, are constantly trying to balance the core game and are slowly expanding on it.

Z-0
Apr 1, 2013, 02:40 PM
I'm not necessarily disregarding it. I'm loving the instruments also. I love things like My Room, I like character customization (although not to a stage where it's obviously affecting the main core gameplay negatively, like this game is...), but I don't think things like that should be overshadowing the main game, which is what a game should be about.

I feel like PSO2 is just becoming a game where you dressup your character and hang about, because the majority of updates are about clothing and cosmetics, rather than adding new things for people to play or things to do.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:40 PM

I'd be interested to hear about other game that might be worth a try.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:41 PM
How can this be crammed down their throats or be in any way related to what's popular (like WoW). when almost everyone on these forums who's playing it had go VERY out of their way to do so? PSO has always been a very niche series. The idea that a group of people have been corralled into playing a game where most of them don't even spend money to play it and those that do invest have to do much more than simple enter their credit card info says something.

Regardless your biggest complaints were about restrictions be placed on people who just download the game and choose not to pay a subscription fee - something you didn't have the option to do in any iteration of the US release or previous games after vanilla PSO.

Want more features? Pay the subscription. The fact is they could have given you far less than they did as a free player and still would have been more generous than some other F2P games. Did you know there are some that only let you play a handful of areas in a 24 hour period and if you want to play more you basically have to feed the game money for every instance beyond the limit?

As far as content is concerned, it's a mixed bag. I can't think of anyone who'd say they wouldn't like to see more from the game. Fortunately they're always adding content even if the majority of it is cosmetic and second life type stuff. They still add more areas, are constantly trying to balance the core game and are slowly expanding on it.
sociable you may wanna read over a bit.

SociableTyrannosaur
I'm not necessarily disregarding it. I'm loving the instruments also. I love things like My Room, I like character customization (although not to a stage where it's obviously affecting the main core gameplay negatively, like this game is...), but I don't think things like that should be overshadowing the main game, which is what a game should be about.

I feel like PSO2 is just becoming a game where you dressup your character and hang about, because the majority of updates are about clothing and cosmetics, rather than adding new things for people to play or things to do.

that means it's time to take a break

Zyrusticae
and was it the gameplay/game mechanics that lead you to level up those jobs?

or the cosmetic dress up features and your connection to your character creations
Both.

I still enjoy soloing bosses on my hunter, going through the matter board for (thankfully translated) story bits, running around with friends shooting shit up and generally, y'know, playing the damn game.

~Aya~
Apr 1, 2013, 02:42 PM
You do realize that the ONLY reason to play an online game instead of a single-player one is for the social aspects, right?

I mean, if you don't care about the socializing bits, you should really, really consider any of the far superior single-player alternatives instead. In fact, I highly recommend Dragon's Dogma, as it is an excellent ARPG and largely without peer in the combat (grabbing onto big monsters changes EVERYTHING).

@errlr and zynetic THIS. Lmao I read empy..

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 02:44 PM

not necessarily chatting and playing dress up??

HOW ABOUT SATISFYING MULTIPLAYER COMBAT????

CHALLENGING CONTENT FOR GROUPS????

jesus this comment rustled my jimmies lol

UnLucky
Apr 1, 2013, 02:45 PM
If it's in the game, then it's a part of the gameplay, just because you don't use it, you can't disregard it.

tell me how to play graphics, music, and story please

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:47 PM

I think the main problem is, this game is marketed toward the casual market, if they make the game too hard, they won't play.
It's also why their making the SP quest even easier to attain now.

You change the graphic through the launcher or ingame setting, or through the PSO2 setting in the sega folder, the music in team room and my room can be changed through the usage of music disc, and through 200 TP each change.
Story, you have to clear matterboard, you get it through the NPC in the shop lobby, they are usually fetch quest or kill X enemy, then after that you gain access to story mission.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:49 PM
dood, connor, i fucking luv you man xD (nohomo)
if you ever do decide to check out w.o you need to hit me up, i really think you would appreciate it.

and me and my guildys will hook you up.

btw, i'm not bitching xD
i got on here just to ask those first questions, and everyone started spamming so i just replied while i was getin baked.

was just a conversation, no need to get worked up.

~Aya~
Apr 1, 2013, 02:50 PM

Auto-played or even better ! Video settings! (Graphics card settings?)

Jukebox

Matterboard 》》》 Story.

T.R.O.L.L seems to be a popular game around here.

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 02:51 PM

If you don't find it satisfying then take a break and come back and see if its changed later, or move on to another game.

Or write something constructive the game could do better. The way I see it the game isn't really balanced for multiplayer. PSO had scaling, one for single-player and another for multi-player that was much harder. They could do that but to a much larger-scale, but then you wouldn't be able to take your low level friends with you on anything.

Sure AQs and Darker's Den aren't difficulty enough especially for a group of players who know what they're doing. But not many games really are. Even in scht PSO people blew through the hardest quests with 3 zerking rangers and a force. Is that your point of reference?

We're getting a new area in a week, and a completely new episode in a few months. If it doesn't satisfy you then I'm sorry you wasted so much precious money on this game thats not even out in the states yet lol.

Narrillnezzurh
Apr 1, 2013, 02:54 PM
and had said i'm not comparing it or putting it on par with wow man.

Have any of you ever actually played WoW at a high level? It may cater to the casual gamer in a number of ways, but the only reason it's still around is because it has one of the most robust endgames on the market, and a more challenging combat system than most of its peers.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2013, 02:56 PM
Have any of you ever actually played WoW at a high level? It may cater to the casual gamer in a number of ways, but the only reason it's still around is because it has one of the most robust endgames on the market, and a more challenging combat system than most of its peers.

No, the game didn't interest me, so I can't judge it, because I haven't tried it, I know alot of people like it and play it.

MoonAtomizer
This game hasn't improved since launch. The game released in July, 6th map (Skyland) came out beginning of August, new classes in September, 7th map (Ruins) came out beginning of November.

Just recently they announced an 8th map (Dragon Altar) and it's already a huge reskin of Caves/Skyland.

Meanwhile, there's been new AC scratches every 3~4 weeks, and as of recently as short as 2 week intervals.

IAMERR0R
And in the same paragraph you've also said that people who like the game only like it because they've been told to.
you are misunderstanding, but it was a long convo.
someone had said basically that since i didn't like it i deem it crap and people are dum for liking it.

and i had replied that no, thats not what im sayin here, but there ARE things that are just that bad, that despite an opinion they are crap, things like kesha, wow, nickleback, other things mentioned.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 02:57 PM
This game hasn't improved since launch..

it appears it has not.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 03:00 PM
friends forced me to play ages ago, turned my stomach to play, i don't doubt some things dificulty or time to do, just the fucking lines of hotkeys and ui bs,genericc ... i just cant, lol.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 03:04 PM
Its trying to be an engaging arguement. Its really trying. I can't give up hope on it yet.

But for the sake of things. There's no need to be at each other throats for one another's opinions. You don't agree with something someone said. And it angers you /that badly/ Just don't respond to it.
There isn't a need to be like, "Your opinion is dumb so i'm gonna say that and ignore you =)" there isn't a need for that and it just looks lousy. So keep that garbage out of here. We're adults here we can discuss things without flipping tables and calling each other ruffians, right?

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 03:08 PM
it appears it has not.
Okay, seriously!

Since launch we've had:
- 4 new zones: tundra, mines, floating continent, ruins
- A bunch of new monsters to go with those new zones
- New bosses: De Malmoth, Fang/Snow Banther/Banshee, Quartz Dragon, Tranmizer, Big Vardha, Zeshrayda, Wolgahda, Falz Hunar, Chrome Dragon, Falz Arms, Falz Elder
- 7(? don't remember how many we launched with) new matter boards
- A fuckton of added client orders (YMMV with whether or not this counts as content)
- New classes: fighter, techer, gunner, with their attendant weapons
- New skills
- New PAs
- Loads of new weapons
- Grinding tuned WAY the fuck down
- Vendor prices dramatically reduced, killing inflation in its infancy
- A ridiculous, completely absurd quantity of new cosmetic items
- 4 time-attack quests
- Advance quests
- New emergency codes, tweaks on old ones (Code: Avoid and Code: Destruction come to mind here)
- Loads of new emergency quests
- A bunch of fixes and miscellaneous changes, including some tweaks to the early game XP curve and a massive speed increase for wands

If none of these things matter to you, then this game simply isn't for you and you should really consider just going to play something else. Seriously. Just go. Nobody's even going to miss you anyway.

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 03:09 PM

I think visual and audio feedback is a main part of gameplay. Without it you're just maintaining an exercise in muscle movement.

However if that is what you wanted. Then I would agree the game could use more, just like every game. But how much more engaging without detracting lesser experienced players could it really be?

Also I thought the new classes + subclassing brought a lot to the table. I mean we finally have two "melee" classes with their own interesting mechanics tied to each weapon. Along with a "wannabe hybrid" main class that could use some love.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 03:11 PM
well it was nice talking to you all, i enjoyed the conversation.
actually am glad i had the pleasure of meeting a couple of you.
CONNNARRRR!!

and your mod,
i like him =]
you ishballin man.

anyway got some stuff to do,
peace

DreXxiN
Apr 1, 2013, 03:11 PM
Okay, seriously!

Since launch we've had:
- 4 new zones: tundra, mines, floating continent, ruins
- A bunch of new monsters to go with those new zones
- New bosses: De Malmoth, Fang/Snow Banther/Banshee, Quartz Dragon, Tranmizer, Big Vardha, Zeshrayda, Wolgahda, Falz Hunar, Chrome Dragon, Falz Arms, Falz Elder
- 7(? don't remember how many we launched with) new matter boards
- A fuckton of added client orders (YMMV with whether or not this counts as content)
- New classes: fighter, techer, gunner, with their attendant weapons
- New skills
- New PAs
- Loads of new weapons
- Grinding tuned WAY the fuck down
- Vendor prices dramatically reduced, killing inflation in its infancy
- A ridiculous, completely absurd quantity of new cosmetic items
- 4 time-attack quests
- Advance quests
- New emergency codes, tweaks on old ones (Code: Avoid and Code: Destruction come to mind here)
- Loads of new emergency quests
- A bunch of fixes and miscellaneous changes, including some tweaks to the early game XP curve and a massive speed increase for wands

If none of these things matter to you, then this game simply isn't for you and you should really consider just going to play something else. Seriously. Just go. Nobody's even going to miss you anyway.

Get out of here with your petty optimism and positive outlook and generosity towards a game developer, you!

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 03:12 PM
this game simply isn't for you and you should really consider just going to play something else. Seriously. Just go. Nobody's even going to miss you anyway.

what's with the mean attitude? :-?

Just because people don't like the same things as you??

yes PSO has... slowly... released some content over the course of the year, I guess the problem is the quality of that content, and just plain ignoring major problems with the game, and continuing to make wet towels and bikinis instead of even acknowledging the big issues

The Walrus
Apr 1, 2013, 03:13 PM
what's with the mean attitude? :-?

Just because people don't like the same things as you??

yes PSO has... slowly... released some content over the course of the year, I guess the problem is the quality of that content, and just plain ignoring major problems with the game, and continuing to make wet towels and bikinis instead of even acknowledging the big issues

Sex sells. So why bother selling something else that won't?

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 03:13 PM
No, my problem is people going in here and pissing on the game for issues that will never, ever be resolved and are core to their play experience.

That's called insanity. And I'm getting sick of it. How could I not? It makes no sense to be here purely for the sake of nostalgia. Just go, do something else, there are MUCH better ways for you to spend your time than this.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 1, 2013, 03:16 PM
I don't think it's even nostalgia. Its just bile. You couldn't possibly enjoy shitting on other people's good time unless you had some real self-loathing issues.

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 03:17 PM
You have to realize that SEGA isn't just sitting in a boardroom like "I know what our players want, more outfits and costumes!"

The more likely scenario is that all of this content was done far ahead of time, and its being released slowly to tide us over until the bigger ones come. Its already happened in the past. Content comes slowly but surely. I think the pace so far has been very reasonable.

Its pretty unfair to ask for big content overhauls for a F2P game to be churned out regularly. Every 2 weeks getting a new change of pace with EQs, lobbies, etc. should be good enough until the big stuff hits every 2-3 months or so.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 03:18 PM
I don't think it's even nostalgia. Its just bile. You couldn't possibly enjoy shitting on other people's good time unless you had some real self-loathing issues.
xD ok before i go
you know what nostalgia even means right?
cus i dont get the context.

connor_the_kid
Apr 1, 2013, 03:19 PM
No, my problem is people going in here and pissing on the game for issues that will never, ever be resolved and are core to their play experience.

That's called insanity. And I'm getting sick of it. How could I not? It makes no sense to be here purely for the sake of nostalgia. Just go, do something else, there are MUCH better ways for you to spend your time than this.

you raging at people with complaints is no more constructive than the people complaining.

maybe people expected more from a game labelled 'phantasy star online 2', which expects us to spend money on it. maybe people expected a high quality product. maybe it's not about 'shitting on other people's good time', ever think about that?

maybe I personally believe the game is not up to par and whether you enjoy it or not as is , is irrelevant to me

Narrillnezzurh
Apr 1, 2013, 03:21 PM
PSO has... slowly... released some content over the course of the year, I guess the problem is the quality of that content, and just plain ignoring major problems with the game, and continuing to make wet towels and bikinis instead of even acknowledging the big issues

The wet towels / bikini argument is entirely fallacious. Those models, along with most of the other AC costumes, probably took a small fraction of the development team's time, and you're only mentioning them in the hopes that painting the playerbase as pervy shonen sheep will legitimize your argument. Your argument may certainly still be valid, but wet towels and bikinis do not legitimize it themselves, unfortunately.

As for the major problems, what would you say they are, specifically? The few I can think of are lack of truly difficult content, RNG-based character advancement, and the restriction of economic participation to free players, but I don't think any of those seriously affect my enjoyment of the game.

IAMERR0R
Apr 1, 2013, 03:23 PM
you raging at people with complaints is no more constructive than the people complaining.

maybe people expected more from a game labelled 'phantasy star online 2', which expects us to spend money on it. maybe people expected a high quality product. maybe it's not about 'shitting on other people's good time', ever think about that?

maybe I personally believe the game is not up to par and whether you enjoy it or not as is , is irrelevant to me
xxD
we neeeed you.
here's a link to a vid i took from the closed beta, if you feel like taking a look.
games fully released now tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHZbIpgUcU

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 03:23 PM
xD ok before i go
you know what nostalgia even means right?
cus i dont get the context.

Hes implying that people are sticking around out of spite. Otherwise why waste time complaining on a forum of players who are most likely still playing.

I say bring some points to the table. There may be some hostility attached with the bullet points, but at least he has a solid defense to the game built up. That is the point of discussion after all.

Its already been stated that what you want from the game is most likely a different game entirely. Which doesn't need to happen since the game is still doing well. Either come up with solutions of your own to the game's design or stop telling people they're "wasting their time."

Zyrusticae
Apr 1, 2013, 03:24 PM
Which is kind of the point.

If you're not going to be constructive I have absolutely zero reason to not reciprocate. There's no "being the bigger man" here, if you spew shit, you get shit back. That's how things work.

maybe I personally believe the game is not up to par and whether you enjoy it or not as is , is irrelevant to meThat's great. Now you're going to get shit on for stating that opinion because you can't say it in a way that isn't inflammatory as hell, so you should not be surprised at all about the response you get.

There are things we can actually discuss, like what should actually be fixed and how to fix it, but arguing about the perceived quality of the game (which itself is a very subjective thing) is not going to get anyone anywhere. And even discussing fixing shit is kind of pointless since hardly any of it even reaches the ears of the devs anyways.

So I'm just going to go play the damn game, because that's a much better use of my time than these pointless thought exercises.

BlankM
Apr 1, 2013, 03:28 PM
If other people's opinions aren't relevant to you then maybe you shouldn't chase after them. If all you want is a one-sided masturbatory discussion about your hatred of the game I'm sure there are better outlets.

Z-0
Apr 1, 2013, 03:28 PM
あああああああ I'm so confused with this thread.

what are people arguing in this thread.

I was just trying to be rational but people just seem to be attacking each other lol.

---

anyway, You could tell me to play single-player games, but they're not offering what I necessarily want. I like the Phantasy Star series because I get to run through dungeons (a feeling that has been lost in PSO2, in my opinion), hunt rares, grab loot, kill monsters, etc. PSO2 offers that, but I feel like it's horribly done because of the randomised content, and how playing doesn't actually reward you unless the RNG likes you (eg: you don't get meseta from drops anymore at all, really, like you used to). The drop rates being so retardedly low doesn't help either.

I play online games to play with other people. I don't play them for the social aspect (by this I mean, hanging around in lobbies, chatting with people, etc.). They're a nice addition, and I do participate in said things, but I feel the main focus of an online game should, just like every game should be (unless it's designed otherwise), be the game itself. If I felt like I should be playing PSO2 for costumes, My Room, hanging around in lobbies, I probably wouldn't be playing PSO2 and finding some virtual sim game instead which is designed for exactly that.

Costumes and lobbies don't keep things fresh at all for me, as they're just skins. The problem with PSO2 is the next thing feels the same as the last. The fact that maps are randomly generated make playing desert feel just as a chore as forest or ruins. There doesn't seem to be any uniqueness about playing different maps except different drop tables, in my opinion. In the past games (side note: I wish people would stop screaming NOSTALGIA; a sequel should live up to its past games, otherwise it should just be called something different. eg: Resident Evil), playing ruins felt different to playing Forest. The ruins layouts were different to Forest, so you felt like you was playing somewhere completely different to forest, especially since maps were actually set. You felt the variety there, but in the PSO2 you don't feel it at all.

I like PSO2 to its core. It's a great game, but I feel it could really be worked on to cater to its entire playerbase. The main people are the hardcore players, who I'm sure would be willing to spend a lot of money if the content was just right for them too.

Sayara
Apr 1, 2013, 03:34 PM
I like PSO2 to its core. It's a great game, but I feel it could really be worked on to cater to its entire playerbase. The main people are the hardcore players, who I'm sure would be willing to spend a lot of money if the content was just right for them too.

and with that i shall end this.