PDA

View Full Version : Question about Subclass

Gypsy72
Apr 1, 2013, 11:58 PM
When should you change to subclass? Is it better to take, for example hunter to max level then change to sub? Or soon as you get the license to do so? Sure there's answers to these questions somewhere else already. Couldn't find & looking for straight out answer. Thanks a ton! This game rocks!

Mekhana
Apr 2, 2013, 12:05 AM
What I did was:

When my main class started to get really slow to level, I started to level my subclass until they took about the same amount of effort to level up. I believe this is the best way because you'll level pretty fast for subclass stats and skillpoints (until the gap between both classes are comparable that is.)

So when I became Gunner at Ranger 30, I didn't look back at Ranger until I reached 50.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 12:09 AM
Who said anything about sticking to your choice?

You can switch back anytime......
Only hassle is re-equipping what you can.

plasism
Apr 2, 2013, 12:17 AM
Who said anything about sticking to your choice?

You can switch back anytime......
Only hassle is re-equipping what you can.

I think OP's question was how to level both his main and sub class in order to fully maximize each of the classes' usefulness most of the time.

blace
Apr 2, 2013, 12:19 AM
Just use what works for you, or go with efficiency.

You gain 20% of the subclasses base stats as well as techs/PAs and skill trees. The stats are dependent on your main classes level, ie. main class is level 30 Hunter, subclass with say a level 40 Ranger, you will only get 20% of stats for a level 30 Ranger.

Subclasses don't gain EXP, as you may be aware, so switch around whenever you feel like.

Most common main class and sub class combos are the base class and the next class you unlock at 30, ie. FI/HU, GU/RA and FO/TE. Why FO/TE instead of TE/FO is due to more tech oriented Force is in comparison to Techers stats.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 2, 2013, 12:57 AM
it's not stats really. the only difference in stats is t def vs s def. The real reason why Fo/Te over Te/Fo is rods are the best casting weapon in the game. so much so that wands are rendered completely useless if you're using a comparable rod.

Gypsy72
Apr 2, 2013, 04:17 AM
Thanks so much for answering my questions. It really helps. First week on the game. Taking a little time to figure everything out. Specially when everything's in Japanese. You guys rock!

Gypsy72
Apr 2, 2013, 08:07 AM
scratch that figured it out.

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2013, 02:11 PM
Sub your highest class (other than your main) or a reasonably leveled complimentary class.

Try to keep your sub roughly equal to your main for the best stat gain, but you should try to get to lv40 for Very Hard content and more Client Orders available. Makes leveling of any kind faster, so it can be better to go 40/20 before 30/30.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 2, 2013, 02:16 PM
I like to do COs on my main that give good exp. then switch to my lower lvl sub and turn in for EXP+^_^+ though the EXP you get is nerfed a tad+^_^+

MoonAtomizer
Apr 2, 2013, 02:20 PM
Stats gains are huge up until level 20, so despite the -80% stats of subclassing, the extra stat push should let you equip things beyond what was originally allowed with just one class at said level.

The main grind in leveling should be in your 20~35 range, because you can't effectively abuse EQs for easy EXP.

Gypsy72
Apr 2, 2013, 07:19 PM
You guys have been great help. Have another quick question. Should I keep putting SP to main (Ranger) or put SP into sub (gunner)? I'm sure it can be personal preference, but sure there's also key areas to put SP into to maximize character (like weak hit). Thanks again.

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2013, 07:29 PM
SP is in a per-class basis. You can't put ranger's SP to gunner. That should make your choice easier.

By the way, I find it most effective to keep your main and sub job roughly equal in level. But really, do what you want. It's a nice boost, but you won't notice a few levels.

Mikessc88
Apr 2, 2013, 09:29 PM
I alternate every time my main class levels, I switch to my sub class and level it so they are always equal and I stay sharp in my ability to play both classes

Gypsy72
Apr 2, 2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys. Happy hunting!

Gypsy72
Apr 3, 2013, 07:09 AM
Back agian lol. Quick one. Seems like I can't take SP points gathered while leveling gunner over to use on ranger. Am I right? If so, where should I put gunner SP? I kinda have an idea. Will try to research more elsewhere, but hard when I can't stop playing PSO2 :)

Just a quick tid bit. This is me & my significant others first week playing. We've both played PSO/PSU faithfully. So you quick answers aren't going to waste. We play frequently. Our character names: *Seras* & Nuts n Bolts. We're on ship 2. Have a good day!

Mikessc88
Apr 3, 2013, 07:15 AM
Back agian lol. Quick one. Seems like I can't take SP points gathered while leveling gunner over to use on ranger. Am I right? If so, where should I put gunner SP? I kinda have an idea. Will try to research more elsewhere, but hard when I can't stop playing PSO2 :)

Just a quick tid bit. This is me & my significant others first week playing. We've both played PSO/PSU faithfully. So you quick answers aren't going to waste. We play frequently. Our character names: *Seras* & Nuts n Bolts. Have a good day!

I suggest researching the guides section for this information. Also make sure u plan out your skill tree before randomly throwing sp around and to answer your question no you dont share skill points with both classes. For gunner here is what my tree will look like Skill Tree (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03kEbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkfbxfbx7b In000000ib00000ibwdJ2ftFlk0009b2QI2cFCAcD000Ib0000 0ib00000f)

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 3, 2013, 12:37 PM

Just a quick tid bit. This is me & my significant others first week playing. We've both played PSO/PSU faithfully. So you quick answers aren't going to waste. We play frequently. Our character names: *Seras* & Nuts n Bolts. We're on ship 2. Have a good day!

visit my build thread. check my sig

Gypsy72
Apr 3, 2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks a bunch! Exactly what I was look for. Now just have to find a mag guide :P Trying to make sure I can equip end game weps/armor. Only thing I've found was 14 in armor stats to to equipped everything. Don't know about Dex level though.

i've been reading the guide in more detail and i just want to make sure i'm understanding something correctly.. i can take each class to the full level cap of 60, it's not a combination of the classes.. like if i take ranger to 40 i won't be limited to taking gunner to only 20.

thanks for the help!

Mikessc88
Apr 3, 2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks a bunch! Exactly what I was look for. Now just have to find a mag guide :P Trying to make sure I can equip end game weps/armor. Only thing I've found was 14 in armor stats to to equipped everything. Don't know about Dex level though.

i've been reading the guide in more detail and i just want to make sure i'm understanding something correctly.. i can take each class to the full level cap of 60, it's not a combination of the classes.. like if i take ranger to 40 i won't be limited to taking gunner to only 20.

thanks for the help!

correct you can max out every class. You can sub a class that is higher than your main you just receive like 80% of the classes stats regardless of what the class's level is.

Gypsy72
Apr 12, 2013, 07:27 PM
Hello everyone, have another question. Figured putting it here instead of starting new thread. Wanted to ask what's the best Ranger Mag stats? Where I can use up to end game stuff thus far (weps/armor). I've heard 14 for R-def. Is that right? Heard certain dex for best gunslash. Looked for specific mag guide like SociableTyrannosaur's skill guide, but can't find. Already looked at Banjos guide, but would like to know specific stats that optimizes the character the best. Thanks again!

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 12, 2013, 07:39 PM
I have mags listed with the builds. the issue is I'd have to write a different mag for every race/gender combination.

That said I can't give you a straight answer unless you tell me race gender and exact class combination

Gypsy72
Apr 12, 2013, 09:34 PM
Male Cast Ranger/Gunner Cepheus & Female Newman Force Techer/Apus. I know these two mags might not even be the right ones for those gender/classes, but if you could help with those. And insight into another better different mag for these classes would be appreciated. Thanks a ton.

Zorafim
Apr 12, 2013, 09:50 PM
I've always been fond of 75atk75dfp. It hasn't steered me wrong yet.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 12, 2013, 10:11 PM
Male Cast Ranger/Gunner Cepheus & Female Newman Force Techer/Apus. I know these two mags might not even be the right ones for those gender/classes, but if you could help with those. And insight into another better different mag for these classes would be appreciated. Thanks a ton.

I'd say for your ranger get as close to 100 R atk 20 Ability and 20 R def as you can.

Fo/Te the one I list in the build thread is ideal. You'll need a minimum of 100 T atk and 24 T def if you want to equip the current best weapon and armor for that class. The mag I list is 125/25, but as long as you have at least 100/24 you should be good.

Should let you equip just about anything you can find and that's really the most important thing when it comes to your mag.

FYI it looks like newer armors are going to start breaking the 600 for their respective defenses. This is easy to reach as a Fo/Te since techer has a lot of SP to throw around and already had 5 put into T def by default if you got PP convert(which you should)

Anyway don't listen to the people that tell you to build for dex or average it out or anything like that...Better to overshoot the required stats for the current top end equipment by a bit and leave it at that.

Zora's 75/75 isn't bad but it leaves a lot of holes for equipping weapons if you're building your skill tree for damage mods instead of stats(which is the most efficient way to do it).

Gypsy72
Apr 12, 2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks! Big big help. Can get my ranger mag to that. Won't be able with FO/TE mag. Kudos!