PDA

View Full Version : Which Ship Choose?

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 03:19 AM
Hi people, i'm finnaly somehow make this game working, so now i have to choose my server.

I heard that on ship 2 is a ot of english palyers, but to be honest, i don't wanna many english players, don't get me wrong, I'm just learning the japanese, and i thought, maybe play some japanese mmo, it can be very helpful, so that is why i want server with a lot of japanese :) But it would be great if some english players could be here too.

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 03:22 AM
Perhaps you would like to consider Ship 8?
There's few of us are english speaker especially syklo.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 2, 2013, 03:28 AM
Ship 11

Ship 8 or 2.
Most english players are on blocks 10, 11, and 20 on Ship 2. So you know what to avoid if you don't want that much english interaction

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 03:29 AM
hmmm maybe i'll try, i'm still basic japanese, and only know a few kanji, so at least i need some english speaking friends :)

Blackheart521
Apr 2, 2013, 03:32 AM
hmmm maybe i'll try, i'm still basic japanese, and only know a few kanji, so at least i need some english speaking friends :)

Yeah, as Cyron said, the english community is extremely concentrated to a few blocks on Ship 2, You won't have any trouble finding any JP players as long as you aren't in any of the aforementioned blocks ^^;

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 03:47 AM
Ok i decided i go ship 2, thanks for answers :)

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 04:05 AM
Perhaps you would like to consider Ship 8?
There's few of us are english speaker especially syklo.

Ok i decided i go ship 2, thanks for answers :)

aww come on D:
I'm also learning japanese myself.....
Ironically I'm avoiding the biggest resource : Native speakers :|

blace
Apr 2, 2013, 04:13 AM
Not sure if you're dissapointed at losing a potential new player to show around or the bit about learning Japanese.

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 04:17 AM
Not sure if you're dissapointed at losing a potential new player to show around or the bit about learning Japanese.

well, syklo is really sad with the amount of english speakers on ship 8. Most of the new ones goes to other ships.

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 04:24 AM
Ok, now you made me totaly confused, i'm not choose ship yet.

jooozek
Apr 2, 2013, 04:28 AM
go to ship2 if you dont want to have regrets later

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 04:29 AM
Ok, now you made me totaly confused, i'm not choose ship yet.

LOL, frankly speaking just go with your earlier selection. U had made a decision then u should proceed with it.

Meji
Apr 2, 2013, 04:32 AM
I believe it pretty much goes like this:

Choose Ship:02 - You'll end up where about 80% of the English Community plays.
Choose Ship:08 - You'll be warmly welcomed by the players on Ship:08, and you'll pretty much get to know all of the ENG-players on there, like a family.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 04:38 AM
Both.

well, syklo is really sad with the amount of english speakers on ship 8. Most of the new ones goes to other ships.
LOL "really sad" seems to be an exaggeration, but yeah :|

I believe it pretty much goes like this:

Choose Ship:02 - You'll end up where about 80% of the English Community plays.
Choose Ship:08 - You'll be warmly welcomed by the players on Ship:08, and you'll pretty much get to know all of the ENG-players on there, like a family.

Pretty much THIS.

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 04:42 AM
One thing i would prefer to highlight first, what is your timezone michal9o90?
If your timezone happens to be within gmt +7 to gmt+10 would be more suitable for Ship8.

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 04:59 AM
No no, my is GMT+1 :) it's little hard to play with asian people, but whatever, it's really not so much problem :P

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 05:54 AM
No no, my is GMT+1 :) it's little hard to play with asian people, but whatever, it's really not so much problem :P
Hey, I take offence to that! (not).

Although you might find me a bit rude/mean/heartless...meh

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 06:10 AM
I'm not sure if i understand you, (sorry, but my english isn't so good, still don't know meaning of all words ect and sometimes i don't get what someone said)

Are you offended with me? or what? offence because of what i said? i don't understand, i only said that is hard to play with asian because of timezone.

PS: i could say same thing for USA, but at least its - for america not +, so in the end, its much easier i can play at 10p.m. and in the new york it will be just 04:00 p.m.

fay
Apr 2, 2013, 06:19 AM
On ship 2, block 20 you will find it almost full of English players. Even some of the Japanese named characters, such as much are English speakers. The downside here is that if you go to block 20 then you will find that 95% of the people are always AFK and can make doing runs pretty hard. Though for starting out its not so bad. There are always people doing runs on normal and hard. I find it near impossible to get people to play with on very hard though because of the amount of people that just want to sit around or be AFK.
Blocks 9 and 10 also have some English speakers on it but they are still Japanese speakers for the majority. On the upside here you will actually find people doing runs and playing the game.

I can't speak for other ships as I haven't been on them obviously. Sometimes I regret going to ship 2 though purely because of how hard it is to find a party to play with that speaks English.

redroses
Apr 2, 2013, 06:23 AM
Out of curiosity, what is your native language michal?

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 06:35 AM
Polish Language, I live in Poland, if someone don't know, it's a country next to German, just east of German.

Mekhana
Apr 2, 2013, 06:43 AM
Sometimes I regret going to ship 2 though purely because of how hard it is to find a party to play with that speaks English.

I never have trouble finding a party that speaks english. Not only there's my team that is always doing runs, but its pretty easy to spot western players outside b20.

Also, having many friends helps lot to quickly fill a spot or two.

b20 is mostly useless for parties, you will never need to go b20 after level 40 if you know what you are doing.

Polish Language, I live in Poland, if someone don't know, it's a country next to German, just east of German.

That explains why you speak like Poland ball ^^

http://www.reddit.com/r/polandball/

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure if i understand you, (sorry, but my english isn't so good, still don't know meaning of all words ect and sometimes i don't get what someone said)

Are you offended with me? or what? offence because of what i said? i don't understand, i only said that is hard to play with asian because of timezone.

PS: i could say same thing for USA, but at least its - for america not +, so in the end, its much easier i can play at 10p.m. and in the new york it will be just 04:00 p.m.
Well that was meant to be a joke ^^;

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 06:49 AM
Heh sorry syklo, now i get it :) so sorry, but when it comes to comunicate in other languages, it's sometime hard to recognize joke, ONCE because of not be perfect in using this language, and Second because you are trying to be more serious than in native cuz you don't want make mistake :)

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 06:54 AM
Heh, it's normal.
So don't worry :)

Dextro
Apr 2, 2013, 06:56 AM
If this matters to you, then from what I've read on here, some jp have a pretty bad impression of English players on ship02, to the point where they actually put 'jp only' in comments or sometimes kick you out...

reptile7383
Apr 2, 2013, 07:09 AM
If this matters to you, then from what I've read on here, some jp have a pretty bad impression of English players on ship02, to the point where they actually put 'jp only' in comments or sometimes kick you out...

That gets blown out of proportion. Only a very small amount do that. most are very nice.

jooozek
Apr 2, 2013, 07:12 AM

haha

you forgot to mention that "ship10 is superior" but that would blow your cover, i guess :/

Kion
Apr 2, 2013, 07:13 AM

Lol, no worries we've heard of Poland. The vast majority of English players are on ship 2. The ship 8 players are just trying to get you to join because they feel lovely over there. Ship 2 is the way to go.

Dextro
Apr 2, 2013, 07:24 AM
haha

you forgot to mention that "ship10 is superior" but that would blow your cover, i guess :/

Ship 10 is superior 8-)

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 07:27 AM
Dextro it is possible, considering what i know about japanese, i'm not suprise :)

That explains why you speak like Poland ball ^^

I'm not sure if i get it, I'm trying to be polite :) What i know about some stupid poles on abroad, they are so much using Curse in our native language when speak english, GOD so shame.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/34253-polandball i found something like this, but it's totaly not true.

If i good understand, this pollandball showing all our bad sides, so i don't get it, why you said i'm talking like pollandball hehe :)

I think this pollandball thing came because of all this stupid poles, who have no future, because they weren't learning at school, or are even to lazy to find a job, and they are complaints about the life, trying to find better place on abroad ect. and make bad image of my country :/

Edit: Kion - at this rate i will end up with 2 acc for join 2 servers HAHA, well in the end maybe i'll try ship 8, if it doesn't please me then i change server :D

Husq
Apr 2, 2013, 07:51 AM
Go for ship1 or any other ship that is almost full during japanese prime time, if you want to integrate with the japanese crowd. From my observation, Ship2 seems to have more active foreign players these days than active japanese ones.

Check the player matchup section (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) there are a few english and mixed members teams, on other ships besides ship2, listed on it. If you primarily want to play with english speakers, start on ship2.

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 08:59 AM
hmm last question better play pad or keyboard?

riku2replica
Apr 2, 2013, 09:50 AM
hmm last question better play pad or keyboard?

Any will do whatever u feel comfortable.

fay
Apr 2, 2013, 10:10 AM
I never have trouble finding a party that speaks english. Not only there's my team that is always doing runs, but its pretty easy to spot western players outside b20.

I should have clarified more here. It is not hard to find an English party. It's hard to find an English party doing very hard runs on block 20 because everyone is either AFK, playing dress-up, dancing or doing normal/hard.

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 12:21 PM
Well in the end i choose ship 8, we will see how it will be :)

BTW. This game force me to patch soon :) Why? because i can't find fullscreen option using japanese language ehhhh........

Edit: I found all translate on http://bumped.org, but there is no fullscreen option :/ Really? There is no fullscreen?

Husq
Apr 2, 2013, 01:01 PM
Well in the end i choose ship 8, we will see how it will be :)

BTW. This game force me to patch soon :) Why? because i can't find fullscreen option using japanese language ehhhh........

Edit: I found all translate on http://bumped.org, but there is no fullscreen option :/ Really? There is no fullscreen?

You have to go under settings when the launcher is opened. Select the bar under game start . You can choose fullscreen, windowed and borderless window/virtual full-screen, under the 3rd tab.

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 02:04 PM
Is there V-synch options?

Chik'Tikka
Apr 2, 2013, 02:11 PM
Is there V-synch options?

well, if your looking for graphics enhancements and such, there's a couple people on here with superb machines that can help you there+^_^+ ask Zyrusticae or one of the people that look like they know what they're doing in this thread; http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

also, would be helpful to know what hardware your using maybe, though if your inquiring about v-sync you probably have a nice machine+^_^+

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 02:22 PM
It's not so nice, only gtx460 256bit ovreclock to 875Mhz/3800Mhz 1GB GDDR5, but it was enough until Crysis 3 shows up xD, my machine end up sooo rape by this game :cry:

components:

- Intel Celeron G1610 2,6GHz
- ASRock B75M-GL R2.0
- 2x4 GB SpecTek 1333 cl 9
- 500 GB WD5000AAKX
- Pentagram Silent Force 500W (cav-500-a12s)
- Asus Gtx460 1GB

Chik'Tikka
Apr 2, 2013, 02:29 PM
It's not so nice, only gtx460 256bit ovreclock to 875Mhz/3800Mhz 1GB GDDR5, but it was enough until Crysis 3 shows up xD, my machine end up sooo rape by this game :)

components:

- Intel Celeron G1610 2,6GHz
- ASRock B75M-GL R2.0
- 2x4 GB SpecTek 1333 cl 9
- 500 GB WD5000AAKX
- Pentagram Silent Force 500W (cav-500-a12s)
- Asus Gtx460 1GB

ah, well, the launcher has a frame rate limiter, which should achieve a similar effect, set that to what your monitor refresh rate is+^_^+ the 460 shouldn't too much of an issue with PSO2, you might not be able to do fancy occlusion or high AA, but I'm using a slightly OC 540 Mobile (which is actually worse hardware wise, with GDDR3 and lower bit rate/clocks) and can play with near max settings and 2x SGSSAA well above 30FPS+^_^+

michal9o90
Apr 2, 2013, 03:05 PM
yeah i realize it, but in the end, still it isnt v-synch, i set monitor refresh and in launcher on 60Hz, but still in the cut scenes i'm getting sometimes unsynchronised frames, but whatever it's not so improtant, i just wanted to know if there is option for V-synch.

BTW. I'm little tired of this all.... first download, next problem with patch, now i will be doing my character for eternity :P

Husq
Apr 2, 2013, 03:11 PM
Try using virtual fullscreen and uncap the framerate, that should get rid of screen tearing. Think there is a bug with their frame-limiter it always renders a fraction of a frame less that the cap limit, resulting in tears, i.e. 30fps cap it will render around 29.5fps, 60fps cap 59.5fps aso.

DS23
Apr 2, 2013, 04:38 PM
Ship 2 if you want to be around any other Eng people at all ever, there's plenty of JP people all up on that ship too.

michal9o90
Apr 3, 2013, 12:44 AM
It's little frustraging, i set the best graphic based on guide on http://bumped.org, set monitor refresh on 60, and game 60Hz, i have 63fps, but still screen tearing, it's little better when i set monitor on 75Hz, and game on 60.... strange..... i don't have idea why so good game doesn't have so basic V-synch option.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 12:50 AM
It's little frustraging, i set the best graphic based on guide on http://bumped.org, set monitor refresh on 60, and game 60Hz, i have 63fps, but still screen tearing, it's little better when i set monitor on 75Hz, and game on 60.... strange..... i don't have idea why so good game doesn't have so basic V-synch option.

you can try the v-sync options in the Nvidia Inspector, it's where most people go to force custom AA and stuff+^_^+

michal9o90
Apr 3, 2013, 07:06 AM
well that was great idea, i think it's working, i played 1 hour and didn't saw any screen tearing so i think its working :) thanks

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 02:54 PM
well that was great idea, i think it's working, i played 1 hour and didn't saw any screen tearing so i think its working :) thanks

cool, glad it works, I'm usually playing between 40-60 FPS so v-sync doesn't help me much, and I'm not sure it would work with the launcher set to 30FPS, but i don't notice as bad as some do, if this was a high action shooter/fighter then I'd be a lot more picky+^_^+

michal9o90
Apr 3, 2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah that is right, but in the end if i have machine enough for this all staff, then why not try it? xD

Ofcourse i have sometimes lag, and then my FPS go down, but ofcourse its not machine's fault.

BTW. man ....yyyyyyyy...... or woman??? hehe can you help me, im really pised off, how the hell add friends in this game, i can't figure it even with this bumped.org site.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah that is right, but in the end if i have machine enough for this all staff, then why not try it? xD

Ofcourse i have sometimes lag, and then my FPS go down, but ofcourse its not machine's fault.

BTW. man ....yyyyyyyy...... or woman??? hehe can you help me, im really pised off, how the hell add friends in this game, i can't figure it even with this bumped.org site.

hit "T" to free your mouse cursor, then click on nearby player+^_^+

michal9o90
Apr 3, 2013, 03:54 PM
ehhh.... this i already know, but thre is no option add friend, look

ウィスパーチャットを送る Send Whisper Chat
パーティーに招待する Invite to Party
グッジョブを送る Send Good job
メールを送る Send Mail
アークスカードを見る View Arks Card
フレンド登録解除 Delete Friend
ブロック移動 Transfer to your friend’s block.
マイルームへ移動 Transfer to your friend’s room.
ログインコールを受け取る/受け取らない: Turn ON/OFF friend’s sign-on notifications.
ブラックリスト登録解除 (Only Under Blacklist Menu) Deletes blacklisted player.

btw. i have japanese language, so don't be mad on me :)

Z-0
Apr 3, 2013, 03:55 PM
フレンド登録解除

This is either add friend or remove friend. (I don't know what it actually says, can't read Japanese). If it actually says remove friend, it means that they're already on your friendslist.

michal9o90
Apr 3, 2013, 04:09 PM
I forgot said it, BUT how add friend without click on some person, how add knowing only player ID ect.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 04:14 PM
use the search function in the arks visiphone (kiosk with megenta "?" over it) and search by either character name or player ID+^_^+

michal9o90
Apr 3, 2013, 04:40 PM
hmmm i need someone to check it, if someone have game'character on ship 8 and would be kind enough to spare moment for a little meeting in game i would be greatful :)

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 05:14 PM
you can try some of the players in this thread Syklo created+^_^+ is dated but some of the players on ship 8 left ID info there and may still play+^_^+
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203637

riku2replica
Apr 3, 2013, 08:03 PM
フレンド登録解除

This is either add friend or remove friend. (I don't know what it actually says, can't read Japanese). If it actually says remove friend, it means that they're already on your friendslist.

It is said to remove selected friend list record.^^;

riku2replica
Apr 3, 2013, 08:04 PM
ehhh.... this i already know, but thre is no option add friend, look

ウィスパーチャットを送る Send Whisper Chat
パーティーに招待する Invite to Party
グッジョブを送る Send Good job
メールを送る Send Mail
アークスカードを見る View Arks Card
フレンド登録解除 Delete Friend
ブロック移動 Transfer to your friend’s block.
マイルームへ移動 Transfer to your friend’s room.
ログインコールを受け取る/受け取らない: Turn ON/OFF friend’s sign-on notifications.
ブラックリスト登録解除 (Only Under Blacklist Menu) Deletes blacklisted player.

btw. i have japanese language, so don't be mad on me :)

Let me know ur character name/player ID. I'll look up and find u if ur happen to be online.

michal9o90
Apr 4, 2013, 04:32 AM
in the end i made next Sage ID, and char for ship 2, so now have 2 sage ID xD... ship 8 isnt bad, but there is like no any english players, especially considering my timezone.

Syklo
Apr 4, 2013, 04:38 AM
in the end i made next Sage ID, and char for ship 2, so now have 2 sage ID xD... ship 8 isnt bad, but there is like no any english players, especially considering my timezone.
Yeah timezone's a big factor too...

Anyway I'm going on now, figured i'd let you know since this post is right after yours

Retto
Apr 4, 2013, 04:42 AM
Well, avoid Ship 2. I moved out of there ASAP.

The community reminds me of Gaia Online.

Darki
Apr 4, 2013, 05:28 AM
^ How nice. Generalizing like a boss. =/

I've been playing in ship 2 since the open Beta and I've never been bothered unwillingly by the western community there. There are a crapload of blocks where to have fun with your group of friends without needing to go to the western hotspot. I didn't step on b20 even accidentally in... I don't even remember. Months at least.

There might be a great group of players that don't behave properly, but among all of the westerners there are also good people. And considering that the former are the majority in pretty much any game, server and probably block, I bet in your block you won't find too many of the latter either.

So please, stop with that bullshit about ship 2 being the worst. The community there is no different from any other ship. The only difference is in quantity. Keep pushing people to other ships and you'll see how quickly it turns out to be the same...

Retto
Apr 4, 2013, 05:50 AM
How is it not worse?

All the PSU lobby rats moved to ship02. They're pretty much Gaia, /b/, My Little Pony fans, etc.

99% of the English community is just straight trash. Yes, 1% aren't... but you have to consider the big picture. He'll probably get so annoyed by the ship02 crowd that he'll need to pay extra money to transfer.

Darki
Apr 4, 2013, 06:06 AM
And you think that being in a ship where that 1% of good western players amounts for a handful of them, is better than being in one where there's a bigger pool to "fish" them? Maybe not everybody thinks the same, dude.

You know, there's something called "blocks" in the game. You don't need to be in the same block as every other western player. You don't need to be annoyed by the trash players unless you're retarded or masochist and go to where you know you're going to be annoyed. And still, you can be in a ship where you will have more opportunities to find good players to hang with.

Considering that you can be pretty much absolutely isolated from these annoyances (precisely because, as lobby rats, they tend to stay in one lobby) just by going to a different block, I don't really see why would anybody pay to go to a deserted (western players-wise) ship, leaving any friends that might have made, where anyways, according to your numbers, 99% of that little community is going to be trash as well.