PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 I like the Alpha Lobbies Better

Ryo
Apr 2, 2013, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEqGtEfU_Ushows the old lobbies from the PSO2 Alpha, which I sadly wasn't part of (didn't get accepted until CBT) I genuinely like these better than what they went with. Also, it looks like the piano from the sympathy concerts was in the alpha!

TenebriS
Apr 2, 2013, 12:43 PM
Yeah alpha lobbies were much better, and also smaller. Sometimes I think the current ones are way to big o.o.....

And yeah the piano and some other isntruments were in it, but you couldnt play on it as much as I remember o.o...

Mekhana
Apr 2, 2013, 12:47 PM
They do indeed look much better. They could make the premium blocks look like that!

Chik'Tikka
Apr 2, 2013, 12:52 PM
yeah, gotta say i even liked the CBT shop are better too, both alpha and beta shop are had text on the shop signs, in English at that+^_^+ good showcase of the PSO2 English font+^_^+
which you can download here; http://pso2.jp/players/community/download/font/pso2_Sans-Serif.zip
anyway, I'm hoping as content goes forward, we'll see each block eventually get it's own "theme"+^_^+ (possibly a beach?)

Am I the only one who didnt find it that difficult to read signs just by looking at them for a bit?

This was something I did randomly during Alpha 2, most of these signs don't even exist really now.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/ConvolsingKitty/PSO2%20a2%20Screens/examples.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Renvalt
Apr 2, 2013, 12:56 PM
Y'know, I was thinking: Episode 2 is coming around soon, yeah? What if they use this as the lobby for Episode 2's areas?

Maybe not, but something to consider....

Sizustar
Apr 2, 2013, 12:58 PM
yeah, gotta say i even liked the CBT shop are better too, both alpha and beta shop are had text on the shop signs, in English at that+^_^+ good showcase of the PSO2 English font+^_^+
which you can download here; http://pso2.jp/players/community/download/font/pso2_Sans-Serif.zip
anyway, I'm hoping as content goes forward, we'll see each block eventually get it's own "theme"+^_^+ (possibly a beach?)

Not likely, the only change possible will be more team room theme.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
Not likely, the only change possible will be more team room theme.

lolz+^_^+ I'm sorta thinking on the impression PSO2 will last some 8 years+^_^+ JP players gonna get grumpy about gate area's bad lighting sooner or later, makes all the characters all washed out+^_^+

supersonix9
Apr 2, 2013, 01:48 PM
Y'know, I was thinking: Episode 2 is coming around soon, yeah? What if they use this as the lobby for Episode 2's areas?

Maybe not, but something to consider....

that's a pretty good hypothesis. I want to go with this lol

Gardios
Apr 2, 2013, 01:55 PM
I like them more as well, but I think our current lobby fits the thematic better—alpha lobby didn't really have the right feeling to it imo.

Gama
Apr 2, 2013, 02:15 PM
never saw tht lobby before, i do like its compact look.

yoshiblue
Apr 2, 2013, 02:25 PM
Could make it usable by teams. Alpha lobby for next team room location.

Quatre52
Apr 2, 2013, 02:32 PM
I preferred them too, just had a nicer feel to them.

At the same time, I'm okay with the current lobbies as well.

Drifting Fable
Apr 2, 2013, 02:56 PM
I miss it as well, it has more of a PSO feel to it IMO.

kkow
Apr 2, 2013, 03:03 PM
That terrible lighting :/ I like the new lobbies. Now if only they made them more unique/seasonal instead of lazily changing out the shopping area statue.

Ezodagrom
Apr 2, 2013, 03:29 PM
I don't miss the alpha lobby, I felt that it was way too small.

Ryo
Apr 2, 2013, 03:32 PM
I miss it as well, it has more of a PSO feel to it IMO.

Agreed on this! That's WHY I like the alpha lobbies!

Z-0
Apr 2, 2013, 03:37 PM
I love smaller lobbies myself. Don't like the huge lobby we have now.

redroses
Apr 2, 2013, 03:45 PM
I prefer the current lobby more than the alpha lobbies.
While a smaller lobby could be nice, the alpha lobbies look way too unfinished. I couldn't even imagine where the lobby deco would fit, and all of the NPCs.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 2, 2013, 03:46 PM
I know what you mean, it looks more like pso with that lighting lol.

Tenlade
Apr 2, 2013, 04:56 PM
I prefer the looks of the alpha lobby, and having the shops closer together instead of stupidly spaced out is so much better. There are way too many stupid things done with the current lobby's design that i could be here all day posting them. Its extremely half-assed and no thought was put into it.

Zyrusticae
Apr 2, 2013, 05:13 PM
That terrible lighting :/
The new lobbies have even worse lighting! A huge chunk of the mission lobby has no lighting at all, in fact (at least if you use high shadows). They should really do a revamp of the lighting, not just in the lobby, but in all the areas in the game.

But then, I'm a graphics whore so my standards are sky-high already...

Gardios
Apr 2, 2013, 05:27 PM
There's not supposed to be much lighting there, it's a dance floor!

Jungo Torii
Apr 2, 2013, 06:16 PM
There's not supposed to be much lighting there, it's a dance floor!

brb starting petition to Sega for disco lobby theme

...Hm...there are certain aspects of both designs that I like. No real preference though. It does seem a good bit tinier than our current lobby.

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 06:27 PM

About these signs......I've noticed that in the red/blue rooms and under the staircases in the shopping area, the signs say "Trespassing".
Like....what?

drixil
Apr 2, 2013, 06:35 PM
They have a bit of a PSO1 vibe going on, imo

Edit: Ah, just read the other posts. I'm not the only one lol

Omega-z
Apr 2, 2013, 08:19 PM
Well there are lot of changes other then the lobby the CC was down graded also and had lost alot of option's. There were more item's to choose from and some options were the shirk and enlarge option's and the PSU to PSP2i body shape option's both for Cast's. Yeah there are alot of good idea's then too. thought......what are the red and blue room's suppose'd to be used for.....again?

NoiseHERO
Apr 2, 2013, 08:25 PM
I like our current lobby better... But that's mostly the shopping district. The mission counter area. Yeah can't stand that area.

But are you guys sure you're not just getting sick of looking at the same things all day?

Old one looks kind rough, a bland mix between PSO and PSP2, but not in a good enough way imo... Either way we need more lobbies in general. and have the "sky" change like it does in my-room. Shopping district just looks way too good when it glows at night.

connor_the_kid
Apr 2, 2013, 08:25 PM
No wonder I didn't remember the lobbies . they changed from alpha.

yeah theyre definitely worse now.

The new lobbies have even worse lighting! A huge chunk of the mission lobby has no lighting at all, in fact (at least if you use high shadows). They should really do a revamp of the lighting, not just in the lobby, but in all the areas in the game.

But then, I'm a graphics whore so my standards are sky-high already...

ehh... maybe your standards are high but honestly in regards to lighting youre just asking for... something average for a game released in 2012

I know what you mean about the lighting around the quest counter area. well, there's pretty much no lighting. I hate that whole section. it sucks people gather around there to chat and find parties.

Shinamori
Apr 2, 2013, 08:44 PM
It reminds me of Pioneer2.

Home Dog
Apr 2, 2013, 09:04 PM
I liked this lobby. It had more of a PSO feel to it. I see 2 other people who have posted in this thread thought the same thing. The lobby we have now is so big and it is always bright, which is why I like it when it turns to night time. I do like the vibrant colors they have it in it but it is just a bit too much. Although I do think that they would have made it brighter in that lobby if they had used it anyway.

In a way, I feel like one of the reasons I like it a bit more is because it's just something different. I would be complaining the other way around if it were in the game now, saying things like "It's too dull", or "It needs more colors". And when I see the lobby we have now I may say things like "Look at that lobby! It has colors! And it's bigger!"

I just wish we had more lobbies to go in general like PSU. :c

Ex: I hope they have something similar to the Paracabana Coast in PSO2.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/HomeDogJP/Random%20stuff/beach_s_zpscdbb81c4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoiseHERO
Apr 2, 2013, 09:18 PM
I liked this lobby. It had more of a PSO feel to it. I see 2 other people who have posted in this thread thought the same thing. The lobby we have now is so big and it is always bright, which is why I like it when it turns to night time. I do like the vibrant colors they have it in it but it is just a bit too much. Although I do think that they would have made it brighter in that lobby if they had used it anyway.

In a way, I feel like one of the reasons I like it a bit more is because it's just something different. I would be complaining the other way around if it were in the game now, saying things like "It's too dull", or "It needs more colors". And when I see the lobby we have now I may say things like "Look at that lobby! It has colors! And it's bigger!"

I just wish we had more lobbies to go in general like PSU. :c

Ex: I hope they have something similar to the Paracabana Coast in PSO2.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/HomeDogJP/Random%20stuff/beach_s_zpscdbb81c4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh good I'm not the only crazy one that likes big wasted space used for aesthetics. : O

But yeah +1 for more lobbies in general.

Maybe like 5-6 other different looking lobbies for different sets of blocks.

SakoHaruo
Apr 2, 2013, 09:28 PM
lol small ass lobbies.

thank you based sega for removing that shit.

Ezodagrom
Apr 2, 2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe like 5-6 other different looking lobbies for different sets of blocks.
I would like that too, different looking lobbies for certain blocks.

Rien
Apr 2, 2013, 09:39 PM
No escalators? :C

Para
Apr 2, 2013, 09:52 PM
One thing I do like about the alpha lobbies is that it looks more atmospheric. You can see more outside of the lobby area to be like a living headquarters or the urban area.

Home Dog
Apr 2, 2013, 10:52 PM
No escalators? :C
Off topic but you made me think of Spongbob.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/HomeDogJP/Random%20stuff/tumblr_me4ss6UdG71qe00wso1_250_zpsdca3d621.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]