http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up46305.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iedGyUSlVUxCC.png http://i.minus.com/iXpmKfFnapZ7n.png

http://i.minus.com/ibqtaqjMugPwXM.png http://i.minus.com/i6fT1vEIk8hVm.png

http://i.minus.com/iPc8j8rElVGhr.png http://i.minus.com/iuRji7YdTzUuA.png

Check back later to see other news[/spoiler-box]

thx Agrajag

First part of the pre-download's available, a brief rundown:
Goronzoran, Dragon Ex souls.
Something that summons 10 BirdBirdcrows.
Planet 6 area 2 is named "Seabed". Area 9 (boss arena) is named "MarineBoss".
New enemy listings: MarineOarfish (common and rare variants; new De Rol Le?), BirdDoubleHead, BirdCentaur, Mesetan, Byakko(?--at the end of the list, no enemy file yet).
Area 2000 (formerly "DifficultQuest") is now named "Tower". It appears to be a many-floor thing where each floor has a gimmick; both Falz Arm and Dark Falz Elder can appear in it.
Lillipa3 still has no other name. It apparently has an emergency trial where you defend Lillipan homes.
Various interesting-sounding skill names (ElderSlayer, PotentialBlowFighter, HalflineAbnormal, AirStrike, CrazyBeat, RareKilling, NotoriousKilling, BoostKilling).
New Advance Quests: Ruins (uses b capsules) and Urban (uses a capsules).
New Emergency Quest (placeholder title): The Whim of the WInd (【工事中】 風のきまぐれ(仮)); yes, it's both "under construction" and a "temporary name" (condition says to kill a Rockbear, but I doubt that's for real).
New TA quest: Breakthrough Training: Dragon Altar (突破演習:龍祭壇).
New ??? quest: National Preliminaries (全国大会予選). Apparently a practice round of some sort, gives no items or exp. States that full rules will be on the official site, so it's gotta be related to that ranking thing.

A few new COs, nothing too remarkable (the standard set for a new area).

They also raised the required exp for 55-56 and 60-61 by like 30k each.

04/06/2013

One new PA per weapon (no names yet), no sign of new techs. Katana/compound bow have their PA stats in now, I can rip those at some point (also apparently their icons are on the window texture now?).

New monsters:
Goronzoran (ゴロンゾラン -- the summoner; soul is named "Goron Soul")
Dragon Ex (ドラゴン・エクス -- spelling's similar to "Excalibur")
Noir Draal (ノワル・ドラール -- rare Dragon Ex)
Egg Rappy (エグ・ラッピー)
Rain Rappy (雨ラッピー -- named "FrogRappy" internally)
Pendran (ペンドラン)
Deegala (ディガーラ -- Fly Deeg FLY)
Sol Deegala (ソル・ディガーラ -- Fly Deeg FLY and also shoot projectiles)
Dirandal (ディランダール)
Sol Dirandal (ソル・ディランダール)

New potentials (not going to mention most of them), a few adding PA damage for certain weapon types, a few adding damage during certain weathers, a few reducing damage from certain monster types, one that sometimes inflicts stun when you just attack...

New skills:
Each class got a "Rare Mastery" (increased attack strength using a 10* weapon, only as main class). Fighter got PP Slayer (increases striking/ranged damage when PP's below 50%), Hunter got Fury Combo Up (increases damage when continuously attacking), Ranger got Killing Bonus (regen PP when enemies die), Gunner got Perfect Keeper (increased damage when at 100% health), Force got Photon Flare After Burst (for 30 seconds after the end of Photon Flare, increases T-ATK), Techer got Extend Assist (increases the duration of support techs).
Fury Stance increases striking and ranged damage done to enemies, and striking damage received.

Apparently there's a new level cap unlock CO at some point.

New codes: Vanish, Offensive, Intercept, Follow, Unite, Search, Hide, Bash, Test, Unknown, Quick.

EDIT: Appears that katana and compoundbow may belong to a single class? "class_07" is the only new class icon.

thx Agrajag

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up47519.jpg

Compound bow

Katana

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up47521.jpg

Rien
Apr 2, 2013, 11:21 PM
That green suit

Holy shit that looks stupid

NoiseHERO
Apr 2, 2013, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry uhm...

dafuq am I looking at?

BarbblerElf
Apr 2, 2013, 11:22 PM
The knees on that green suit, hawt and bulky

Mekhana
Apr 2, 2013, 11:24 PM
Too late to pretend you have love for Casts, SEGA.

Tenlade
Apr 2, 2013, 11:37 PM
that male cast looks like its trying to hard to be a zaku from gundam.

Infinity Series
Apr 2, 2013, 11:39 PM
that caseal part..

i dont even know what to say..

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 2, 2013, 11:42 PM
This is some ugly shit, SEGA

RemChu
Apr 2, 2013, 11:42 PM
That green suit

Holy shit that looks stupid

Imagine a pink version. :nerd:

Blackheart521
Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 PM
Are those gold icons that are each weapon at the bottom of the icon sheet new?

Shirai
Apr 2, 2013, 11:44 PM
Do want that dress.

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2013, 11:45 PM
Just to the left of the bottom right...

Is that... what I think it is? Please let it be.

NoiseHERO
Apr 2, 2013, 11:45 PM
Any guess on those golden weapon skills?

hoping they're not simply attack boosts for some of them...

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2013, 11:46 PM
I think those are the Rare Weapon boost skills

Alisha
Apr 2, 2013, 11:47 PM
omg fuck yes! female tux!

also there is some VERY interesting new icons...S/D with an up symbol? gear boosters?

Shadowth117
Apr 2, 2013, 11:50 PM
MIIIIIIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*ahem* I'm really interested in those icons near the gears of the weapons with gold shifta icons in them.

Edit: Also, hell yes to female tux.

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2013, 11:51 PM
Are those status resistance icons new?

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 2, 2013, 11:55 PM
Any new lobby action names in that data if possible.

Xaeris
Apr 2, 2013, 11:56 PM
Listen, if we could all just pretend that male fleshy outfit isn't happening and won't be a thing, that'd be great, thanks.

Para
Apr 2, 2013, 11:57 PM
Great.. So Kuna's suit is race restricted too? zz

blace
Apr 2, 2013, 11:58 PM
Listen, if we could all just pretend that male fleshy outfit isn't happening and won't be a thing, that'd be great, thanks.
It's probably Sega's way of saying 'No more complaining about dudes not getting clothes kthxbai'.

Great.. So Kuna's suit is race restricted too? zz
Bound to happen seeing that Kuna is a human wearing the suit.

batfax
Apr 2, 2013, 11:59 PM
Sweet coat and tails.

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2013, 12:01 AM
By the way people, just because there was cooler shit found that WASN'T mentioned in the first post

New enemy listings: MarineOarfish (common and rare variants; new De Rol Le?), BirdDoubleHead, BirdCentaur, Mesetan, Byakko(?--at the end of the list, no enemy file yet).
Area 2000 (formerly "DifficultQuest") is now named "Tower". It appears to be a many-floor thing where each floor has a gimmick; both Falz Arm and Dark Falz Elder can appear in it.
Lillipa3 still has no other name. It apparently has an emergency trial where you defend Lillipan homes.
Various interesting-sounding skill names (ElderSlayer, PotentialBlowFighter, HalflineAbnormal, AirStrike, CrazyBeat, RareKilling, NotoriousKilling, BoostKilling).
New Emergency Quest (placeholder title): The Whim of the WInd (【工事中】 風のきまぐれ(仮)); yes, it's both "under construction" and a "temporary name" (condition says to kill a Rockbear, but I doubt that's for real).
New ??? quest: National Preliminaries (全国大会予選). Apparently a practice round of some sort, gives no items or exp. States that full rules will be on the official site, so it's gotta be related to that ranking thing.

Thanks Agrajag!

Mekhana
Apr 3, 2013, 12:02 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated with the new info as they come along.

Xaeris
Apr 3, 2013, 12:04 AM
It's probably Sega's way of saying 'No more complaining about dudes not getting clothes kthxbai'.

I just keep going back to it and looking at it in disbelief. I find it hard to believe that someone created this, looked over their work and said, "yes, this is good. People will want their characters to wear this."

blace
Apr 3, 2013, 12:06 AM
I just keep going back to it and looking at it in disbelief. I find it hard to believe that someone created this, looked over their work and said, "yes, this is good. People will want their characters to wear this."
They probably ran out of ideas and decided to make one of the new female outftis into a male outfit. That or plugsuits being a thing.

D-Inferno
It's time to stop talking about new outfits, and acknowledge the fact that MOTHER FUCKING SEABED is coming!

Cyron Tanryoku
I'll take my lack of response as a no.

supersonix9
Apr 3, 2013, 12:08 AM
seabeds, woot.

NoiseHERO
Apr 3, 2013, 12:09 AM
By the way people, just because there was cooler shit found that WASN'T mentioned in the first post

Thanks Agrajag!

Can't hold all of this cucumber

Sparzyle
Apr 3, 2013, 12:10 AM
I know I'll be using that outfit, it doesn't look that bad imo

blace
Apr 3, 2013, 12:11 AM
Oh another bit that may or may not (most likely not) affect you all.

EDIT: They also raised the required exp for 55-56 and 60-61 by like 30k each. Shocking.

Alisha
im pretty sure that outfit is supposed to be male version of kuna

Xaeris
Well, lolworthy outfits aside, there's some pretty neat stuff hinted at here. Though, it's strange that Ruins apparently uses b capsules. I thought the plan was for us to be able to do a full Advance tour of a planet. With Forest using a, and Tundra using b, I would have expected Ruins to use c, to complete the Naberius tour.

NoiseHERO
Apr 3, 2013, 12:13 AM

NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy............. .......

blace
Apr 3, 2013, 12:14 AM
You're kidding right? Right?

Julliz
Apr 3, 2013, 12:14 AM
I know I'll be using that outfit, it doesn't look that bad imo

yeah i'm gonna have to agree with you there...
in fact i really really like it lol. i have a feeling it's gonna look badass in-game. been trying to look half-cast since i started

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 3, 2013, 12:16 AM
but like

How come guys couldn't just

Get the same Kuna outfit

Sparzyle
Apr 3, 2013, 12:19 AM
but like

How come guys couldn't just

Get the same Kuna outfit
I'll be happier if females got that male outfit version

That Not-Kuna's outfit "skirt" ruins the whole outfit imo...

Male's version of that outfit has Cast-looking legs kind of

Laxedrane
Apr 3, 2013, 12:26 AM
Well, lolworthy outfits aside, there's some pretty neat stuff hinted at here. Though, it's strange that Ruins apparently uses b capsules. I thought the plan was for us to be able to do a full Advance tour of a planet. With Forest using a, and Tundra using b, I would have expected Ruins to use c, to complete the Naberius tour.

I was thinking this was going to be the way it went too.

I was kind of hoping Darkers den would get it's own advance quest so it wouldn't be such a rare sight. Ah well, maybe next time.

So whatcha think. City be Ragne/Gawanda and ruins be Wolgahda/Falz hunar?

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2013, 12:29 AM
I was thinking this was going to be the way it went too.

I was kind of hoping Darkers den would get it's own advance quest so it wouldn't be such a rare sight. Ah well, maybe next time.

So whatcha think. City be Ragne/Gawanda and ruins be Wolgahda/Falz hunar?

That sounds logical. Of course, its not impossible that den won't be an AQ. We really don't know yet. But those boss choices sound pretty much like what Sun Sol was thnking lol.

Yeah I'm wondering a lot about the tower quest. I would love an endurance, floor based run for sure.

Dnd
Apr 3, 2013, 12:32 AM
Crap costumes aside, lavis blade icon has been data-mined as twin daggers and we have a tower that appears to be super hard, this was good news to wake up to \o/

Laxedrane
Apr 3, 2013, 12:35 AM
That sounds logical. Of course, its not impossible that den won't be an AQ. We really don't know yet. But those boss choices sound pretty much like what Sun Sol was thnking lol.

Yeah I'm wondering a lot about the tower quest. I would love an endurance, floor based run for sure.

well I guess we have to wait until we get the C part of that equation.: x(my guess unless the new advance quest are going to be released relatively soon it will be dragon alter.)

Edit: I also like how apparently the new definition of female cast is. Female in almost heavy armor.

D-Inferno
Apr 3, 2013, 12:50 AM
Falz Hunar appearing at ruins is something I didn't think of at all, Laxedrane (I guessed the other three though the same as you, lol). Zesh already appears in Desert (only because of the Lightning weak), and Chrome Dragon would not be able to take advantage of the environment (no cube throwing/ect) However, Dark Falz Elder (the entity) doesn't really seem like something that would show up outside of an EM, Story Quest, Den, or randomly appearing in free field (I think). In otherwords, I can't picture a "set" (well, it might have to fight with the other boss spawn) Hunar appearing in freely (ignoring the caps) available quests unless it's story related, but there is no rule saying it can't be Hunar.

HIT0SHI
Apr 3, 2013, 01:00 AM
Wait wait wait 〈(゜。゜)

Extinguisher Launcher? Sonic Knuckles? Robotnik Mech guns? More mega phone gunslashes?!

Please tell me the knuckles and the mechs guns are gonna be all-class! Dx

Alisha
Apr 3, 2013, 01:06 AM
i hope their not

Drifting Fable
Apr 3, 2013, 01:07 AM
Whats that last sword next to the kagudachi? Is it a throw back to an older PS weapon or completely new?

TaigaUC
Apr 3, 2013, 01:16 AM
I'm browsing through the preloaded patch data textures and saw a few things.
This info has probably been posted somewhere else already:

- Sonic mask?
- Saudan mask?
- Sega t-shirt outfit
- Gothic Lolita-ish dress

Julliz
Apr 3, 2013, 01:17 AM
Whats that last sword next to the kagudachi? Is it a throw back to an older PS weapon or completely new?

wouldnt know if its a remake because i only played PSO (dont remember seeing it there) but here's a bigger icon
http://i.imgur.com/NuObblf.png

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 01:19 AM
A female tuxedo sounds snazzy, lol@ the other outfits though.

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 01:19 AM
First part of the pre-download's available, a brief rundown:

Lol male kuna ;_;
I call it Kuman.

Er, recap:
Planet 6, area 2? preparing for episode 2 already??
Tower? Oh god, reminds me of that tower in PSZ.
HalflineAbnormal.....guessing that's just Random SE infliction at the halfline
PotentialBlowFighter....a chance to do a bonus hit in one hit? (I.e. a knuckle punch can hit twice?), or maybe a chance of a fatal hit if enemy is under SE!?

Rien
Apr 3, 2013, 01:20 AM

It appears to be a new weapon coming this dragon altar update

See attachment

Drifting Fable
Apr 3, 2013, 01:22 AM
That looks impressive. Can't wait to see it in game, I've got tarunada vibes for some reason.

Rien
Apr 3, 2013, 01:25 AM
If you're talking about heavy metal blades like the Tarnada, there's also another sword coming that sports the same thing.

Julliz
Apr 3, 2013, 01:25 AM
If you're talking about heavy metal blades like the Tarnada, there's also another sword coming that sports the same thing.

i think that's the sword wand shown in the preview

Drifting Fable
Apr 3, 2013, 01:29 AM
Ah nice to see a clearer image of that wand. Makes me want to try out Techer.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2013, 01:41 AM
So... Water area, huh?

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2013, 01:49 AM
So... Water area, huh?

Needz moar frozen Zoras.

KuroCrow
Apr 3, 2013, 02:09 AM
oooh a byakko

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 02:14 AM
wonder if Kuna's fading Hair will come with this update?? +^_^+

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 02:27 AM
wonder if Kuna's fading Hair will come with this update?? +^_^+
I wish.
But then there needs to be something larger:
multi-colored hairstyles.

TaigaUC
Apr 3, 2013, 02:36 AM
Testing attachments.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 3, 2013, 02:39 AM
That would be 500 times better if SEGA's logo was not on it

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2013, 02:42 AM

^ ^ ^ ^

Edit: I would laugh so hard if that turned out to be the first FUN outfit or something.

blace
Apr 3, 2013, 02:52 AM
^ ^ ^ ^

Edit: I would laugh so hard if that turned out to be the first FUN outfit or something.
With Sega advocating itself?

I can see that actually...

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 03:13 AM
Well it's better than a blank white tee. Though I'd prefer something else, like a rappy or something.

Infinity Series
Apr 3, 2013, 03:23 AM
^this

something simple is nice too

Ce'Nedra
Apr 3, 2013, 03:23 AM
I wonder why that blue kendama rare has a blue background in the item icon, you see it a few other times. I wonder what that means.

I like this tower idea and fuck yeah seabed /o/

Xaeris
Apr 3, 2013, 03:26 AM
I wonder why that blue kendama rare has a blue background in the item icon, you see it a few other times. I wonder what that means.

Those are just weapon camos. We actually already have the kendama and catcher's mitt, at least.

Meji
Apr 3, 2013, 03:30 AM
Miku will eat all of my Meseta.

supersonix9
Apr 3, 2013, 03:47 AM
Miku will eat all of my Meseta.

at least you will look fab!

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 3, 2013, 03:49 AM
Well it's better than a blank white tee.
It's worse than a blank tee though

Xaeris
Apr 3, 2013, 03:50 AM
If we're going down this route, you know what we need? Tactical turtlenecks.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 03:54 AM
It's worse than a blank tee though

Now that I think about it a blank shirt that you could put the normal symbols on would be interesting. I just don't like blank white teeshirts.

Yes.

Gardios
Apr 3, 2013, 04:12 AM
That M costume... I-I'm sure that... uh... maybe it looks better with a d-decent colour...! Y-yeah that must be it...

But hey, black/orange Flamegash. imokaywiththat.jpg

Ce'Nedra
Apr 3, 2013, 04:44 AM
Those are just weapon camos. We actually already have the kendama and catcher's mitt, at least.

Ah didn't knew camos were handled like that.

Kilich
Apr 3, 2013, 04:46 AM
Liking Kuna's bodysuit.

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 04:49 AM
Looking at the PP slayer icon.........Yup, worst case scenario (depends on how it boosts S/R-atk though).
Furnitures....Amduscia Spa, floating ROCK, AND VOLCANO SCENERY!?!?
woohoo!

Also....the gold weapon icons and the attack type + star icons....
Could be:

Gold = atk boost with rare weapons, star = drop rate boost of rare weapons of that attack type (i.e. T-star = boost rod,wand,talis drop)?
probably not
Gold = drop boost of that rare weapon type, star = atk boost when equipping the rare weapon of that attack type
Gold = Weapon mastery, star = the respective attack type boost when equipping a rare weapon (i.e. rare rod = boost t-atk)
gold=gear upgrade, star = as above

I crossed out that last one because I noticed that there were icons for gunslash, rifle, launcher, rod and talis, none of which have gears. Also, since gunslash is there.....which class would it go to? Ranger?
Or is it just a default passive with 1 point in it like the default dash skill, but upgradeable and all-classes?
Then again, it could also be something like, unlock another special gimmick unique to that weapon........but that should be a gear in itself....

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 3, 2013, 05:05 AM

Turctical necks?

Zenobia
Apr 3, 2013, 05:56 AM
Wow sega now you gib us caseal parts been 3 dayum update alrdy...sigh well Least we get Kunas set and I guess I can once again play mix and match with SOME of those parts for my cast I guess not buy em though just wana see what parts MIGHT look good with my current mix on my Lamia and Vita part setup.

Other than that that ear piece or w/e that is on the male looks right up my alley I hope its an accessory which in case it might alrdy be ofc hope the voices are nice I need more Otenba voices.

Alisha
Apr 3, 2013, 05:59 AM
actually it looks like kuna suit and miku suit will be fleshie only.

BIG OLAF
Apr 3, 2013, 06:21 AM
Kuna's outfit may be cool, but besides that (and the SEGA tee getup), I won't have to worry about spending a bunch of meseta any time soon.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 06:42 AM
Kuna's outfit may be cool, but besides that (and the SEGA tee getup), I won't have to worry about spending a bunch of meseta any time soon.

I want to see Nassie in a tux though. D:

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 3, 2013, 06:44 AM
Are those blue Vardha unit looking things new? Or have they been there for a while (unused)? I've been trying to decide whether I should go ahead and affix my Vardha with Fang Soul/Shoot III/Spirita Boost now, or hold off until the 10th.

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 06:47 AM
Are those blue Vardha unit looking things new? Or have they been there for a while (unused)? I've been trying to decide whether I should go ahead and affix my Vardha with Fang Soul/Shoot III/Spirita Boost now, or hold off until the 10th.
King vardha units existed since Sub. Tunnels AQ (and others) were implemented.

Good luck getting that ~606 T-def to equip it.

Rien
Apr 3, 2013, 06:47 AM

The King Varder units have been around for a while now, but they are t-def units, not r-def.

BIG OLAF
Apr 3, 2013, 06:48 AM
I want to see Nassie in a tux though. D:

Oh, I didn't see those....

...but, we don't know when they're coming out. Could be this upcoming scratch, I guess. But yeah, I do want a tuxedo for her. That would be absolutely scandalous. Here's hoping it's got an open shirt with no under-vest (it won't :sleepy:).

RagolianHunter
Apr 3, 2013, 06:50 AM
Everyone should wear a tuxedo!!!!

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 06:52 AM
Everyone should wear a tuxedo!!!!
HELL NO

Ezodagrom
Apr 3, 2013, 06:53 AM

...but, we don't know when they're coming out. Could be this upcoming scratch, I guess. But yeah, I do want a tuxedo for her. That would be absolutely scandalous. Here's hoping it's got an open shirt with no under-vest (it won't :sleepy:).
I really doubt they will come in the next scratch, most likely it'll be in the scratch afterwards.

Gama
Apr 3, 2013, 07:04 AM
Imagine a pink version. :nerd:

i think pink looks less ridiculous...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169566/pink%20huh.jpg

that green shade isnt making anyone favors

TaigaUC
Apr 3, 2013, 07:16 AM
actually it looks like kuna suit and miku suit will be fleshie only.

Miku's outfit being fleshie only would be particularly stupid, considering Miku herself is an android.

Gardios
Apr 3, 2013, 07:22 AM
Looks fab in pink.

But yeah, since the green (aside from the accents) can be recoloured it should be fine... probably. I imagine it would actually look good in black.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 07:32 AM
I really doubt they will come in the next scratch, most likely it'll be in the scratch afterwards.

Good point. I totally want one though.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 3, 2013, 07:38 AM
Those Caseal parts are the female Dista, aren't they? Ugh, and I was actually kinda hopeful they wouldn't look god-awful after the Ronia Lady set was shown off...

So much for that.

Vintasticvin
Apr 3, 2013, 08:02 AM
Well guess I can kiss the remainder of my tax money goodbye since I'll be on a quest to win that Caseal armor <3 Its never too late for Sega to show love for their cast players... Unless they decide to kill off the servers that is.

~Aya~
Apr 3, 2013, 08:44 AM
So.. where are my one piece swimwear and water top floating cushion/platform things to hop on? Where?! Why cant we apply sun tan/block lotion to eachothers backs yet?! Sega sure is cruel.. all those sun burns...

Alnet
Apr 3, 2013, 08:45 AM

THIS WAND. I NEED IT.

Aside from that, I can't stop laughing at the new costumes and the clearly-Shin Musha Gundam MAG evolution. Partisan of Lightning/Jinrai, the voice casting choices, and now this... I wonder how long until we start seeing Cast Parts that turn you into Zakus, Gelgoogs, and GMs.

Actually, that would be the hypest. And come to think of it, the Joker Set is really just Master Gundam, isn't it? Give him some Knuckles, put on Dudu/Jean's voice disc, and you are literally Master Gundam in a Phantasy Star game.

I cannot tell if Sakai is a complete genius or just an unabashed fanboy. But the two are not mutually exclusive.

Alenoir
Apr 3, 2013, 09:15 AM
Miku's outfit being fleshie only would be particularly stupid, considering Miku herself is an android.

Miku is a virtual idol (or a face character for a synth voice but let's not get there), not an android.

But yeah, the Miku dress is more or less all race if it can't be color changed.

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 3, 2013, 09:53 AM
King vardha units existed since Sub. Tunnels AQ (and others) were implemented.

Good luck getting that ~606 T-def to equip it.

What about the different colored Ragne units? Are those implemented as well? I didn't see the Kind Vardha units on cirnopedia or pso2wiki.net, so I just assumed that they weren't in yet.

Z-0
Apr 3, 2013, 09:57 AM
Oh cool, Seabeds, new TA quest, interesting Tower, interesting new quest... thing, new skills? Sounds great, now only if these kind of updates weren't staggered so heavily.

Oh, scratch card? not interesting

NoiseHERO
Apr 3, 2013, 09:58 AM
Cool stuff blahblah blah

Oh, scratch card? not interesting

This.

TaigaUC
Apr 3, 2013, 09:58 AM
Miku is a virtual idol (or a face character for a synth voice but let's not get there), not an android.

I was going by what I've read on Wikis. If you're right, I guess Miku being an android was only for the original concept.

Edit: According to http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1470508679 Miku was only considered an android during the character concept stage. Since then, it hasn't been established whether she is a robot or not. My mistake then, sorry about that.

Railkune
Apr 3, 2013, 10:25 AM
I tried to stay positive about this, but by Neptune's Beard, Sega... You have got to get a new designer for Male outfits. This is just terrible. That said, the only thing that interests me at this point is the Seabed and Tower.

Z-0
Apr 3, 2013, 10:39 AM
Seems to be a Nagisa Replica in the small icons if it hasn't been mentioned.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 10:55 AM
About that Kuna outfit, I'm curious who likes the female version but not the male version, cause they're basically the same. I don't like either of them but I'm worried there are some people throwing a bit of a double standard around.

Massaki
Apr 3, 2013, 10:56 AM

Nagisa's outfit doesn't have cleavage, tho. That's Valgiris.

Punisher106
Apr 3, 2013, 11:10 AM
Still waiting on that Shizuru replica, Sega. :|

connor_the_kid
Apr 3, 2013, 11:15 AM
dont we already have a similar male costume with the skintight chest part? looks like this one.. goes all the way down to the crotch like a onepiece female bathing suit ?

and they just add recoloring and random straps/metal parts to it? looks hideous, maybe the worst M costume yet

Guess it's confirmed no male vocaloid outfit. sucks.

where's that hooded cloak thing for males?

Gardios
Apr 3, 2013, 11:18 AM
About that Kuna outfit, I'm curious who likes the female version but not the male version, cause they're basically the same. I don't like either of them but I'm worried there are some people throwing a bit of a double standard around.

I don't particularly like it either (yet?), but the lime green really leaves an awful impression. I'll get it anyway because MUST GET ALL COSTUMES, but I still hope it looks better with different colours.

connor_the_kid
Apr 3, 2013, 11:20 AM

nah that would be boring..

maybe with this symbol instead

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nB6nrbDLNe8/UMO_F8Oc7CI/AAAAAAAAAdg/UvcZEoYKeHI/s1600/sonicheadlogo.JPG

or maybe sega written once instead of 3 times

~Aya~
Apr 3, 2013, 11:47 AM
Can't wait for Waifu Simulator Online 2: Episode 2.

Gib house waifu outfits.

Meji
Apr 3, 2013, 11:51 AM
Gib house waifu outfits.
Inb4 Aprons.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 11:54 AM
Inb4 Aprons.

With nothing else of course.

Gardios
Apr 3, 2013, 11:57 AM
And the guys won't get it.

I will shed tears.

Vintasticvin
Apr 3, 2013, 11:59 AM
And the guys won't get it.

I will shed tears.

No apron but perhaps a super sexy butler suit for the males?

redroses
Apr 3, 2013, 11:59 AM

*spits out everything everywhere*
Holy shit, you are right. Omg...OMG! YEEEEEEEEEES!
Must HAVE it! *w*

Massaki
Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM

The tuxedo already kind of does that.

~Aya~
Apr 3, 2013, 12:01 PM
*spits out everything everywhere*
Holy shit, you are right. Omg...OMG! YEEEEEEEEEES!
Must HAVE it! *w*

*same reaction*

Massaki
Apr 3, 2013, 12:02 PM
Except, it's not a Nagisa Repca. If you've noticed the previously revealed outfits, it's the Valgiris.

EDIT: For further point making. Nagisa's outfit doesn't have such broad shoulders, yet the Valgiris does.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Valgiris.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gardios
Apr 3, 2013, 12:03 PM

As in, naked but with fly and pants? That... that would be okay.

Vintasticvin
Apr 3, 2013, 12:10 PM
The tuxedo already kind of does that.

Shhhh the guys dont need to know that! *squees with joy like a brony would on season premier day thinking getting the Miku suit and new caseal armor set*

As in, naked but with fly and pants? That... that would be okay.

Wow... wasnt what I had in mind but if thats what you want gardy...

Runia
Apr 3, 2013, 12:24 PM
Here's some stuff I found in the icons, sorry if it's already been pointed out..
A white mag sitting between one of the Katze variants and Sato. It looks like a pokemon a little bit~
Room items section (nobody cares about room items): new Lilipan doll and a Rappy music box.. a few new lamps, also right next to the safe icon is a funny hourglas looking thing (probably not a hourglass.) ; Between the wedding cake and fireworks display is.. some kinda shaggy plant or ornament. Between the hot tub and Symphony statue are two items that'll probably be dragon altar area drops.
Outfits section: right under male blue santa suit there's something that just looks like nothing but grey undies, haha.. (it's not one of the wet towels, those are all elsewhere)
Right side of all the Arks school uniforms there's an outfit with what looks like a scarf/turtleneck covering the face, but that might be Kuna's outfit I guess?

Zyrusticae
Apr 3, 2013, 12:49 PM
DAT SWORD
DAT MECHGUN
DAT WAND
DAT PARTISAN

SEGA weapon design team has been stepping their game up. I have never wanted so many weapons in a single update before!

Vintasticvin
Apr 3, 2013, 12:58 PM
Here's some stuff I found in the icons, sorry if it's already been pointed out..
A white mag sitting between one of the Katze variants and Sato. It looks like a pokemon a little bit~
Room items section (nobody cares about room items): new Lilipan doll and a Rappy music box.. a few new lamps, also right next to the safe icon is a funny hourglas looking thing (probably not a hourglass.) ; Between the wedding cake and fireworks display is.. some kinda shaggy plant or ornament. Between the hot tub and Symphony statue are two items that'll probably be dragon altar area drops.
Outfits section: right under male blue santa suit there's something that just looks like nothing but grey undies, haha.. (it's not one of the wet towels, those are all elsewhere)
Right side of all the Arks school uniforms there's an outfit with what looks like a scarf/turtleneck covering the face, but that might be Kuna's outfit I guess?

Gimme stuff now!!!! That lilipan must be mines!

Drifting Fable
Apr 3, 2013, 01:09 PM

Welp, one has a hakama-ish leggings and the other does not. That's why I like the female version more. Perhaps the male version might make for a good Raiden cosplay but otherwise I'm not interested in it. :-?

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2013, 01:12 PM
Welp, one has a hakama-ish leggings and the other does not. That's why I like the female version more. Perhaps the male version might make for a good Raiden cosplay but otherwise I'm not interested in it. :-?

Well that's reasonable. I just noticed a lot of people going "OMG IT'S SO UGLY!" I have no idea how those people feel about the female version though... Which is why I was asking. o wo

Pyrii
Apr 3, 2013, 01:30 PM
And I thought they couldn't make WORSE caseal parts, now I know that they can, oh gods that's so bad...

EDIT: Just spotted a NiGHTS decoration in that icon list, DO WANT!

Gardios
Apr 3, 2013, 01:39 PM
I thought the Caseal parts looked cute... until I noticed that those big things are the shoulder pieces and not appendages of the helmet. e_e

Daiyousei
Apr 3, 2013, 02:01 PM
Though male casts would be happy with their Zakus

Swaggerjak
Apr 3, 2013, 02:06 PM
I need that Mag. Like... now.

Alisha
Apr 3, 2013, 07:25 PM

But yeah, the Miku dress is more or less all race if it can't be color changed.

except PSPo2 had multiple color variations for it. thats why i think its gonna be fleshie only. ironically in PSPo2 only caseals had access to those color variations.

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 07:53 PM
What about the different colored Ragne units? Are those implemented as well? I didn't see the Kind Vardha units on cirnopedia or pso2wiki.net, so I just assumed that they weren't in yet.
Not sure about those; haven't seen them in drop records.
They probably are already in though...

Laxedrane
Apr 3, 2013, 09:16 PM
Not sure about those; haven't seen them in drop records.
They probably are already in though...

My guess they be in AQs when ragne gets her own area finally. Like the king varda armor.

Meji
Apr 4, 2013, 02:01 AM
Hm, I'm still pretty curious for when the Pink Wings will be released. Not until Ultimate, I suppose?

TaigaUC
Apr 4, 2013, 03:03 AM
Regarding the Sonic mask I found, it seems to be one of those festival masks like the Rappy ones, not a full head mask.

Angelo
Apr 4, 2013, 03:05 AM
I first saw the OP when I was really drunk and thought those costumes looked awful.

I just now saw the OP while sober and think those costumes look awful.

Zenobia
Apr 4, 2013, 06:14 AM
They should really bring back the Valatine Armor set from PSU AOTI I loved that cast set so much.

Also I will be gettign the Kuna fit straight up~!

Aine
Apr 5, 2013, 05:10 AM
From the second pre-download, which came today:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up46602.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up46603.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up46605.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

redroses
Apr 5, 2013, 05:19 AM
I need that butterfly hairclip, NOW!
And I am really liking those new accessories *w* Especially the samurai head gear ones, nice!

Oh, just now noticed the awesome monocle!!!
And the new hairstyle the maid has on looks nice as well.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 06:09 AM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

What is that last acc in the first row...? And meh, just one hunting cap? :<

blace
Apr 5, 2013, 06:11 AM
What is that last acc in the first row...?
It looks like a small bag.

Edit: Derp, I saw last row. Samurai helm is what it looks like.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2013, 06:11 AM
What is that last acc in the first row...? And meh, just one hunting cap? :<
It looks like a samurai mask to go with the helmet.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 06:14 AM
OOOh blindfold, sweet~

Now with that really long hairstyle that spreads outwards (idk its name), people can now look like RIKU~~

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 06:18 AM
OOOh blindfold, sweet~

Now with that really long hairstyle that spreads outwards (idk its name), people can now look like RIKU~~

Riku? How-

blindfold...

Ugh not blindfold riku... I hate that riku....... D:

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2013, 06:21 AM
That female butler outfit. Jesus.

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 06:24 AM
I'm still mad that it's not female tux. I would definitely spend 500 AC to make a certain if it was tux instead.

Butler is close but too much coat-tail.

Also I wanna slap-shot/spike that miku mag.

Meji
Apr 5, 2013, 06:36 AM
That female butler outfit. Jesus.Rather have a maid harem time?

Rien
Apr 5, 2013, 06:39 AM
Rather have a french maid harem time?

fixed

Japan was always big on the french maid uniform anyway

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2013, 06:39 AM
Rather have a maid harem time?

...what? No. I was saying that it looks awesome. You know I hate cutesy shit like maid outfits. The butler outfit looks amazing. I got plans for it, I do.

Also, I gotta throw up the rhetorical question of "where the fuck are the hoop earrings, SEGA?"

Meji
Apr 5, 2013, 06:52 AM
...what? No. I was saying that it looks awesome. You know I hate cutesy shit like maid outfits. The butler outfit looks amazing. I got plans for it, I do.Olaf, bringing "Stay Classy" to a whole new level.
Let's get some screens of it later, then. ;3

That male butler in the pic, though... goddammit, he looks awesome!!
Gonna dress up like a butler and stay by the entrance of the Team Room, greeting everyone while serving rappy-tea.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2013, 06:53 AM
Olaf, bringing "Stay Classy" to a whole new level.
Let's get some screens of it later, then. ;3

Okay, but it'll probably be a while. That one seems to be two scratches away, which would translate to, what, a month? At least I'll have the epic Valgiris to hold me over.

i just hope the Valgiris' dress isn't too poofy and make it look stupid

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2013, 06:57 AM
I'm guessing the Miku outfit won't have customizable colors because the teal parts on the texture are teal and not grayscale (for tinting). Unless they added another texture. I haven't checked the new preload data yet.

I've been waiting almost a year for a black beret or a smaller beret that adjusts to outfit color. It's even more frustrating because I know it'd take me less than 5 minutes to make it myself. I wish games would be more intuitive with their character creation.

Meji
Apr 5, 2013, 07:10 AM
You know, it would be cool if the Team Room would get a mansion-like design with a giant staircase leading up to a giant portrait of Meji and a giant, long-ass dinner table where everyone can sit at.
And a giant rose garden and a guesthouse and a gardening shed with six mutilated corpses in it.
Man, Himi really loves giants.

Also, lol'd so hard at this, "a giant portrait of Meji and a giant".
Tingle/Sayara, please illustrate this.

oOSAROo
Apr 5, 2013, 07:14 AM
You know, it would be cool if the Team Room would get a mansion-like design with a giant staircase leading up to a giant portrait of Meji and a giant, long-ass dinner table where everyone can sit at.
And a giant rose garden and a guesthouse and a gardening shed with six mutilated corpses in it.

this coming soon ;-)

oOSAROo
Apr 5, 2013, 08:04 AM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

here the other two .. from today

[SPOILER-BOX]http://the-ghf-clan.de/Pictures/5.4.2013/gacha_034_07.jpg
http://the-ghf-clan.de/Pictures/5.4.2013/gacha_037_02.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2013, 08:25 AM
I saw a red heartbreaker texture variation when I was looking through the first preload. I guess there'll be red and blue variations. That long braid hairstyle looks nice, too.

That "childish" face model looks so much better with proper lighting.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 08:27 AM
here the other two .. from today

[SPOILER-BOX]http://the-ghf-clan.de/Pictures/5.4.2013/gacha_034_07.jpg
http://the-ghf-clan.de/Pictures/5.4.2013/gacha_037_02.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh wow, that Miku looks really good...

Vintasticvin
Apr 5, 2013, 08:56 AM
a gardening shed with six mutilated corpses in it.

Blood soaked Himizu: Hey hey hey stay outta ma shed.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2013, 09:25 AM
If you ask me, that Valgiris looks incredibly dumb without pants looking at it from a different angle. It looks like it's supposed to come off as a cool / badass looking costume, but without pants it just... looks silly. I guess it won't be too bad if the stockings go up far enough but for some reason I think they'll miss a bit.

oOSAROo
Apr 5, 2013, 10:06 AM
okay i have update the ui_icon page with the new ui_icon (3.4.2013) pic !
is my first time i public this link .. i hope my server don't crash xD

http://www.the-ghf-clan.de/Pictures/pso2/PSO2_ui_icon/ui_iconout.htm

for webmaster or what ever here all pics (rar) link (http://www.the-ghf-clan.de/Pictures/pso2/PSO2_ui_icon/bilder.rar)

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 5, 2013, 11:13 AM
Mixed feelings on butler

And I hope ponytail is fun scratch

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 5, 2013, 11:49 AM
Ow! That long braid with other fringe would be nice too. Also a twin long braid, por favor.

Crysteon
Apr 5, 2013, 12:57 PM
Lady butlers, huh? I guess it will be possible to cosplay King (from KOF series) now.
[spoiler-box]
http://gameweek.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/kof_king.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 01:04 PM
Now if only characters would shout the name of PAs in glorious Engrish upon usage.

VENOM STORIKE
TROAP SHT... HA

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2013, 01:14 PM
Now if only characters would shout the name of PAs in glorious Engrish upon usage.

VENOM STORIKE
TROAP SHT... HA

I would love that. Though I'm pretty sure it would end up being kind of annoying. Imagine the deadly archer spam. ;;

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 01:19 PM
Lady butlers, huh? I guess it will be possible to cosplay King (from KOF series) now.
[spoiler-box]
http://gameweek.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/kof_king.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

See, this is what one of my "UHRIGGINOL CHARACTERS!!" dresses like...

But that bigass coattail is a deal breaker.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2013, 01:20 PM
See, this is what one of my "UHRIGGINOL CHARACTERS!!" dresses like...

But that badass coattail is a deal breaker.Fixed. 3:

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 01:31 PM
Fixed. 3:

Maybe if you're black canary...

With pants. D:

Railkune
Apr 5, 2013, 08:26 PM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

I have spotted a blindfold. Preparing funds.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 5, 2013, 08:31 PM
Could someone please rehost some of these images, please? I can't be the only one suffering from a blanket IP ban that wants to see what's in store. @_@

Daiyousei
Apr 5, 2013, 08:45 PM
Brace yourselves, Samurais are coming.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 08:50 PM
I wonder what costume works best with the samurai helmet and mask... Not Einsam, it looks terrible.

Could someone please rehost some of these images, please? I can't be the only one suffering from a blanket IP ban that wants to see what's in store. @_@

ok

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Bxp7gev.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Si3ptyU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v2XRkXb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zpQ2Lce.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VuRJyF7.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
Ugh, I hate that guy in the Judgment Coat. That boyish face doesn't do it justice at all. I like that card's design though. It's like Miku is saying, "Here's me...and these other schmucks."

Lostbob117
Apr 5, 2013, 08:55 PM
Oh man, we didn't see these coming from a video for the 10th. I'm refering to the judgement coat one. Also yeah these new things will be fun.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2013, 08:58 PM
??????????

judgement coat etc was in the trailer, lol...

Crysteon
Apr 5, 2013, 09:47 PM
Oh man, we didn't see these coming from a video for the 10th. I'm refering to the judgement coat one. Also yeah these new things will be fun.

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130410/05/

Just saying.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2013, 09:49 PM
if this thing is prismatic so help me all manner of deities

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130410/05/image/ss_09_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sayara
Apr 5, 2013, 09:52 PM
Shit i need the female tux.

Alnet
Apr 5, 2013, 10:04 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VuRJyF7.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]
A single long braid hairstyle. That has me more hyped than all of these costumes combined.

... except Valgiris, I guess. God, Valgiris is cool.

Lostbob117
Apr 5, 2013, 10:27 PM
Even though this thread seems right for this. Evilmag posted this http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up46786.png Look at the bottom right.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 5, 2013, 10:31 PM
Sorry, can't.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 5, 2013, 10:34 PM
Bows and Katanas have weapon icons now is all

ShadowDragon28
Apr 5, 2013, 10:40 PM
these look fairly nice and all.

Yet I am still very disappointed that there's no signs or hints of slicers or twin claws, no hint or signs of any costumes based on the outfits of the characters from the original Phantasy Star games (the 8-bit and 16 bit ones) like based on the clothing of the main characters from Phantasy Star I, PsII, and Ps IV... *sigh* smh

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 10:42 PM
Even though this thread seems right for this. Vashyron found someone that posted this http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up46786.png Look at the bottom right.
Hmm.....just some things i'd like to ask/note:

Bow, Katana weapon icons and A BOW-USING CLASS ICON!?
Currencies, I see meseta, Fun, AC and......2 more? "T" and "C"...(i think C is cafe points)
Rainbow star rarity?
What's that shield icon below the HU Class icon and the one next to the knuckle icon?
Memo icon under fire resist?

if this thing is prismatic so help me all manner of deities

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130410/05/image/ss_09_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I MUST HAVE THIS

Lostbob117
Apr 5, 2013, 11:13 PM
Okay so in my previous post apparently Evilmag posted it.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 11:15 PM
WHERE'S MY NEW TECHNIQUE CLASS WEAPON

...;_;

EvilMag
Apr 5, 2013, 11:19 PM
Datamine notes by Agrajag.

One new PA per weapon (no names yet), no sign of new techs. Katana/compound bow have their PA stats in now, I can rip those at some point (also apparently their icons are on the window texture now?).

New monsters:
Goronzoran (ゴロンゾラン -- the summoner; soul is named "Goron Soul")
Dragon Ex (ドラゴン・エクス -- spelling's similar to "Excalibur")
Noir Draal (ノワル・ドラール -- rare Dragon Ex)
Egg Rappy (エグ・ラッピー)
Rain Rappy (雨ラッピー -- named "FrogRappy" internally)
Pendran (ペンドラン)
Deegala (ディガーラ -- Fly Deeg FLY)
Sol Deegala (ソル・ディガーラ -- Fly Deeg FLY and also shoot projectiles)
Dirandal (ディランダール)
Sol Dirandal (ソル・ディランダール)

New potentials (not going to mention most of them), a few adding PA damage for certain weapon types, a few adding damage during certain weathers, a few reducing damage from certain monster types, one that sometimes inflicts stun when you just attack...

New skills:
Each class got a "Rare Mastery" (increased attack strength using a 10* weapon, only as main class). Fighter got PP Slayer (increases striking/ranged damage when HP's below 50%), Hunter got Fury Combo Up (increases damage when continuously attacking), Ranger got Killing Bonus (regen PP when enemies die), Gunner got Perfect Keeper (increased damage when at 100% health), Force got Photon Flare After Burst (for 30 seconds after the end of Photon Flare, increases T-ATK), Techer got Extend Assist (increases the duration of support techs).
Fury Stance increases striking and ranged damage done to enemies, and striking damage received.

Apparently there's a new level cap unlock CO at some point.

New codes: Vanish, Offensive, Intercept, Follow, Unite, Search, Hide, Bash, Test, Unknown, Quick.

EDIT: Appears that katana and compoundbow may belong to a single class? "class_07" is the only new class icon.

Lostbob117
Apr 5, 2013, 11:23 PM

New class could possibly be protranser, but that won't explain that empty icon above the class.

Inazuma
Apr 5, 2013, 11:35 PM
The techter support tech duration boost skill better be passive, or tables will be flipped.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 11:45 PM
If the new Techer skill is the one with the Shifta/Deband symbol, it will be passive.

Now watch it be 10 extra seconds at max rank...

Darki
Apr 5, 2013, 11:50 PM
I really like the Valgris, and I'm really interested with the HU and FO new skills. Does the HU skill boost ALL combos, or just melee? How much TATK does the other one give?

On the rest of the things, fortunately I don't like Miku, so no need to stress over getting the stupid-looking hairstyle. I wish they actually made a normal long twin ponytail that looks good. Like the side ponytail they released recently but with two tails.

Inazuma
Apr 5, 2013, 11:56 PM
If the new Techer skill is the one with the Shifta/Deband symbol, it will be passive.

Now watch it be 10 extra seconds at max rank...

Defense doesn't matter in this game so ignoring Deband, the duration increase for Shifta better be worth the SP cost needed.

Ideally, this will be a 1 SP skill that will boost the duration considerably (at least 5 minutes please), otherwise, it probably wouldn't be worth the cost.

If they do it right, Techter as a class could actually be good at something. They also need PP Restorate 2 and Element Weak Hit 2. That way, Techter would actually be better at techs than Fighter. Well, unless Fighter gets new skills to further boost their stances. -_-

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 11:56 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Also, if the katana + bow is really going to go to one class........
Sounds MUCH LIKE the hunter class of C9 (uses bows and a dagger initially)

That potential about lowering damage from certain enemy species..........
I HOPE THAT ACTUALLY GOES TO UNITS.

Alisha
Apr 6, 2013, 12:23 AM
Defense doesn't matter in this game so ignoring Deband, the duration increase for Shifta better be worth the SP cost needed.

Ideally, this will be a 1 SP skill that will boost the duration considerably (at least 5 minutes please), otherwise, it probably wouldn't be worth the cost.

If they do it right, Techter as a class could actually be good at something. They also need PP Restorate 2 and Element Weak Hit 2. That way, Techter would actually be better at techs than Fighter. Well, unless Fighter gets new skills to further boost their stances. -_-
you can say that but it would m ake deband cut more useful.

Rien
Apr 6, 2013, 01:16 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Also, if the katana + bow is really going to go to one class........
Sounds MUCH LIKE the hunter class of C9 (uses bows and a dagger initially)

That potential about lowering damage from certain enemy species..........
I HOPE THAT ACTUALLY GOES TO UNITS.

units don't have latents

Exxy
Apr 6, 2013, 01:21 AM

One new PA per weapon (no names yet)

I am curious on new PA's

Kilich
Apr 6, 2013, 02:48 AM
So new weapons are new class exclusive? I expected something like this. I hope that they are not new race exclusive though.

Darki
Apr 6, 2013, 02:59 AM
So is there going to be only one new class?

That's kinda interesting. I wonder if it's going to be some sort of vanguard/braver from PSPo series. Maybe they use katanas, bows and techs. Now that's a class I might try, even though I hate katanas.

Teh dilemma. Maybe if they add katanas that don't look like your usual ripoff of Agito or any nonsensical traditional katana, I might even like it.

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 03:05 AM
units don't have latents
Guess my point didn't get across

What I meant is, units should also be able to have latents (i.e. sega should add them to some units) and when/if they do, the sorts of latents such as "less damage taken by X species" should belong to units.

NoiseHERO
Apr 6, 2013, 04:15 AM
they can't say new classes then have only one class... assuming there might be more classes and weapons then. @_@

Or as usually datamining not 100% Accurate due to not having ALL the data yet.

Eitherway hope that DOES mean more weapons, but the two we know about better be done right. >_>;;;

Rien
Apr 6, 2013, 07:25 AM
they can't say new classes then have only one class... assuming there might be more classes and weapons then. @_@

Yes they can.

新たなクラス can be taken as both "new class" and "new classes". It doesn't explicitly state how many because loljapanese.

Kondibon
Apr 6, 2013, 07:40 AM
So a samurai class basically. I'm actually pretty interested in this depending on how bows and katanas play.

Laxedrane
Apr 6, 2013, 08:05 AM
Yes they can.

新たなクラス can be taken as both "new class" and "new classes". It doesn't explicitly state how many because loljapanese.

Either way it's silly to assume that everything for an update, that won't go live until june the earliest, has all the data in dats 2 months in advance. Probably only the stuff that's been 100% fleshed out or decided on is in the dats.

redroses
Apr 6, 2013, 08:09 AM
I want whips from PSU back ;-; They were the most fun weapon to use ever, I miss them so much! I also wouldn't mind laser canons to return, and I still want that bard class, lol.

Also, it is interesting that the color of the new class is green. Of course this could be, that the data isn't complete yet. However, if green is the final color of the icon, I wonder if it's a whole new class branch. Because all other classes that go together have related colors, like force and techer being yellow and orange, or hunter and fighter being red and pink. If that is the case, I think we might get a second class to go with it.

NoiseHERO
Apr 6, 2013, 08:18 AM
I just want yo-yo wired lances, kicking PAs/grappling PAs for fists, and for katanas to not suck.

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2013, 08:19 AM
I want whips from PSU back ;-;

I agree. They were always really fun, even though I never really used them (was never an Acrotecher or anything whip-centric).

Also, axes please. Or some sort of weapon that's 'heavier' than the sword, but hits like a truck.

~Aya~
Apr 6, 2013, 08:32 AM
I agree. They were always really fun, even though I never really used them (was never an Acrotecher or anything whip-centric).

Also, axes please. Or some sort of weapon that's 'heavier' than the sword, but hits like a truck.

Your chest.

Tenlade
Apr 6, 2013, 08:37 AM
New Icon is green, which is a mix of the ranger class's blue and the Force's yellow, similar to how the techer class is orange (force+hunter)

New class is likely guntecher, with the katana going to an exiting other class, or being an all class like gunslash (there were a lot of all class katanas in the original pso)

Gama
Apr 6, 2013, 08:51 AM

nassy with an axe.... scary.

Laxedrane
Apr 6, 2013, 09:28 AM

I too loved whips in PSU but they seem like a huge balance problem in the game right now.

The staple of the whip in psu was that it was a very slow huge range weapon with massive modifiers to make up for it being used by forces. It the only weapon class with consistent status effects on it with highest chance of landing.

Aside the alienation every other weapon class besides maybe wired lance would feel up against that, it's over the top range would dwarf any other AoE, how would you implement the huge variety of status effects it did? Through gear? How would it stack with affixes?

Lastly although this is a minor concern. Whips would have to keep their full fluid photon effect to be used the same way it was in psu. Yes it had some whip style moves but the vast majority of movements with the whip in psu wouldn't of made sense with a real whip.

Makes sense when you basically flailing around a energized snake, but a whip? No sir. You do a full body swing like one of those pas ended in psu you maybe hurt the first thing you hit after that it be minor hurt at best. And if you kept that aspect of the whip it would look really odd compared to the weapons in PSO which stop using that whole PHOTONS, GLOWING PHOTONS EVERYWHERE, motif they had in psu.

I also personally rather them add a "Snake" and then a whip like a real whip is used irl. Have it be a very fast weapon that can attack at a slight range but only really hits one enemy. Basically the hunters answer to a gun.

Railkune
Apr 6, 2013, 10:55 AM
and for katanas to not suck.

Please oh please let this be the case.

Alisha
Apr 6, 2013, 01:48 PM
i cant speak for PSU but whips were garbage in PSPo2/i. they didnt have any pa's that hit fast or hard enough to be good chain breakers. visshi grudda had an insane mode but was to slow.

Darki
Apr 6, 2013, 02:39 PM
I also personally rather them add a "Snake" and then a whip like a real whip is used irl. Have it be a very fast weapon that can attack at a slight range but only really hits one enemy. Basically the hunters answer to a gun.

This is actually a very smart concept. I would like whips being the single-targetted long range weapons for melee classes. It would make more sense than what they did on PSU.

NoiseHERO
Apr 6, 2013, 02:47 PM
This is actually a very smart concept. I would like whips being the single-targetted long range weapons for melee classes. It would make more sense than what they did on PSU.

Too manly. If it doesn't look androgynously cool and somehow linkable to moe and we don't already have it then you better pray to 6 different religions.

Original whips were clearly used for their sex-factor.

Poor castlevania/Indiana Jones fans...

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2013, 02:51 PM

This is what is wrong with the PS community.

We like to approach balance in a purpose-oriented way. We like to consider things such as ranges, number of targets struck, dps over number of hits, and volley damage.

Long range single target? No. That won't fly. It doesn't matter to Sega (or apparently to most JP's). Try "Looks cool on a dude" or "looks sexy with lots of hip shaking and boob jiggling on a chick."

Hip shaking = good. Wide shoulders and DOREYA = good.

Proper design = bad.

To beat Sega at its own game, we need to also not know what is good for the game's enjoyability as a, well, game, as opposed to a 3d gaia online.

UnLucky
Apr 6, 2013, 03:23 PM

Fighter got PP Slayer (increases striking/ranged damage when PP's below 50%), Hunter got Fury Combo Up (increases damage when continuously attacking), Ranger got Killing Bonus (regen PP when enemies die), Gunner got Perfect Keeper (increased damage when at 100% health), Force got Photon Flare After Burst (for 30 seconds after the end of Photon Flare, increases T-ATK), Techer got Extend Assist (increases the duration of support techs).
Well let's hope "damage" means a percentage based increase, and "increases T-Atk" means nobody uses Photon Flare

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2013, 03:31 PM
Given that "slayer" is in the name I'm expecting raw ATK. Given what it costs to get 100 ATK on the *line slayers, I'm expecting less, but they might go with the cookie cutter 100.

Hopefully more than just fury stance is being converted to a percentage. HOPEFULLY the entire listing of melee situational static ATK skills are being converted at once. Failing that, hopefully fury stance is being used as a testing bed for a future complete conversion.

TaigaUC
Apr 6, 2013, 04:20 PM
To beat Sega at its own game, we need to also not know what is good for the game's enjoyability as a, well, game, as opposed to a 3d gaia online.

It's not impossible to go for purpose and aesthetics whilst still achieving good game design, balance and enjoyability. Increasingly rare, but not impossible.

I suspect that the primary problem with PSO2 is that SEGA is reluctant to move away from and re-think the PSO/PSU "base" systems. Many elements of PSO2 give me a "built-on-top" or "appended" feeling. For example, some elements are arguably outdated or archaic, and don't work very well in conjunction with newer systems, or just don't work well at all.

I don't know whether it's because SEGA is afraid or lazy to experiment, or perhaps their aim was simply to throw together a playable game with prettier visuals. What I do know is that it's not good to keep building on top of a flawed foundation. Sometimes it's better to start from scratch and redo from the ground up.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2013, 04:35 PM
It's not impossible to do good design with good aesthetics, but it's sure fucking easier not to. This is Gaia Star Online II.

UnLucky
Apr 6, 2013, 04:41 PM
"Hey our game has these properties that logically complement each other so that you will always have proper options in combat whenever yo-"

BORING

"Our character customization system includes breast slide-"

downloading now

RadiantLegend
Apr 6, 2013, 05:14 PM
I was just thinking about the lack of weapon animations during fury/brave/wise stances and why lobby actions has better animations. Then I ask myself why change when thats what the majority of people will pay for. <No hope>

Z-0
Apr 6, 2013, 05:22 PM
2 more LAs coming this Wednesday!

Then 2 Wednesdays after that.

And 2 more Wednesdays after that..

and that one too...

nothing wrong with releasing aesthetics but please give people reasons to play the game.

Alisha
Apr 6, 2013, 08:14 PM
i personally think sega was so c
oncerned about making sure ranger and force didnt suck that they forgot hunters need love too.

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 08:22 PM
WHERE ARE THE DAMN AXES ALEADY? IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK FOR?

Laxedrane
Apr 6, 2013, 09:15 PM
This is what is wrong with the PS community.

We like to approach balance in a purpose-oriented way. We like to consider things such as ranges, number of targets struck, dps over number of hits, and volley damage.

Long range single target? No. That won't fly. It doesn't matter to Sega (or apparently to most JP's). Try "Looks cool on a dude" or "looks sexy with lots of hip shaking and boob jiggling on a chick."

Hip shaking = good. Wide shoulders and DOREYA = good.

Proper design = bad.

well in this case whips would make the boobs jiggle. Just look at miss Ivy. The majority of her true whip attacks make her boobs jiggle in the desired way.

BIG OLAF
Apr 6, 2013, 09:53 PM
WHERE ARE THE DAMN AXES ALREADY? IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK FOR?

No, it's not hard to ask for. You just did.

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 09:55 PM
No, it's not hard to ask for. You just did.

Guess my sarcasm failed fo~shame....I forgot this is the interwebz.

gigawuts
Apr 6, 2013, 10:43 PM
well in this case whips would make the boobs jiggle. Just look at miss Ivy. The majority of her true whip attacks make her boobs jiggle in the desired way.

My god someone get me a line directly to Sakai, we've got something he'll want to hear.

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 11:06 PM
I don't know why But i can totally imagine a male cast doing this........

Gardios
Apr 6, 2013, 11:39 PM
Jiggling circuits sure would be a sight to see...

Railkune
Apr 6, 2013, 11:41 PM
WHERE ARE THE DAMN AXES ALEADY? IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK FOR?

Nobody wants those nasty weapons. Just use a sword. =P

Laxedrane
Apr 6, 2013, 11:42 PM
Jiggling circuits sure would be a sight to see...

I don't know why. But the phrase "This is why we can't have nice things" somehow suggests itself with where this train of thought is going.

Sparkle sparkle baby.

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 11:55 PM
Nobody wants those nasty weapons. Just use a sword. =P

NEBER I NEED TO POUND SOMETHING HARD.....and why did that sound sexually suggestive? ANYWAY YEAH I NEED TO SMASH STUFF AND TINGS!!

RadiantLegend
Apr 6, 2013, 11:59 PM
This game needs Axes for real without it sucking.

Railkune
Apr 7, 2013, 12:01 AM
NEBER I NEED TO POUND SOMETHING HARD.....and why did that sound sexually suggestive? ANYWAY YEAH I NEED TO SMASH STUFF AND TINGS!!

I lol'd. No but seriously, I'd be down for axes. My main hope right now is that katana's don't suck. But axes are more than welcomed. I can already think of some pretty cool PA's.

Jakosifer
Apr 7, 2013, 12:02 AM
This game needs Axes for real without it sucking.

Umm no this game needs more Miku colors and other Vocaloid outfits. Oh and a school swimsuit too. Idk why people want combat/gameplay stuff in an online ARPG. o.o

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 12:05 AM
Screw axes,
I wanted photon knives - melee's answer to talis!

Railkune
Apr 7, 2013, 12:10 AM
Screw axes,
I wanted photon knives - melee's answer to talis!

You actually liked those? I guess I never really used them as often as others. Seemed sort of dull to me.

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 12:11 AM
You actually liked those? I guess I never really used them as often as others. Seemed sort of dull to me.
Hang on, they actually existed!?
:OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-has never played anything else except PSZ-

Railkune
Apr 7, 2013, 12:14 AM
Hang on, they actually existed!?
:OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-has never played anything else except PSZ-

In PSU and 'I think' PSO they had these knives that kind of wrapped over your knuckles and you sliced enemies up that way. They were pretty quick from what I've seen, but never anything to get me interested in using em.

I'm new to the series myself btw.

Gardios
Apr 7, 2013, 12:14 AM
When you say axe, what kind of axe are you asking for? One-handed, two-handed, dual-weilded?

Railkune
Apr 7, 2013, 12:15 AM
Good question. I personally would prefer a one-handed axe. Though I'd still be interested in seeing how other types are handled.

Zyrusticae
Apr 7, 2013, 12:18 AM
There's precedence for two-handed axes, and that's all I really want.

Their fighting style in PSU is appropriately brutal and efficient. I'm a big fan.

Alisha
Apr 7, 2013, 12:18 AM
i b4 one hande axe is a wand.

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 12:22 AM
In PSU and 'I think' PSO they had these knives that kind of wrapped over your knuckles and you sliced enemies up that way. They were pretty quick from what I've seen, but never anything to get me interested in using em.

I'm new to the series myself btw.
Ah.....I meant throwable ones, not claws.

speaking of which......melee doesn't have any dedicated throwable weapons that can be aimed (so not including TD's scherzo, DS's DA, and partizan's trick rave)

So if dual-wielding throwable axes turns out to be a thing.......sign me up!

Railkune
Apr 7, 2013, 12:26 AM
Ah.....I meant throwable ones, not claws.

speaking of which......melee doesn't have any dedicated throwable weapons that can be aimed (so not including TD's scherzo, DS's DA, and partizan's trick rave)

So if dual-wielding throwable axes turns out to be a thing.......sign me up!

Oooh, yeah, I don't think you could shuriken them at enemies. Throwing knives would be pretty cool though. Throwing axes would be even better; dual-wielding of course.

Matter of fact, I just want a giant shuriken weapon. Maybe label them as Boomerangs or something.

Zenobia
Apr 7, 2013, 12:28 AM
When you say axe, what kind of axe are you asking for? One-handed, two-handed, dual-weilded?

2HANDED BRO its the way to go~!

Edit: Im kinda scared how they will make Katana's work in this game I swear I have a bad feeling...

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 12:33 AM
Matter of fact, I just want a giant shuriken weapon. Maybe label them as Boomerangs or something.

Essentially 4 slicers combined.
Also I was thinking about how a giant shuriken would work.............
and immediately I think of deadly archer.

Gardios
Apr 7, 2013, 12:36 AM
Oooh, yeah, I don't think you could shuriken them at enemies. Throwing knives would be pretty cool though. Throwing axes would be even better; dual-wielding of course.

Fuuma Shuriken? Think Phantom from Mega Man ZX, ninja class from Ragnarok Online...