PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Animated Series

Swaggerjak
Apr 3, 2013, 02:04 PM
With the excellent work they've done with the opening cinematics for the game, who else would REALLY enjoy a short animated series or a movie? I'm not talking Anime, I'm saying CG. I think they could do an amazing job with the animation I've seen so far.

Railkune
Apr 3, 2013, 02:10 PM
I mean, it could be entertaining. Would just have to see it I guess.

The Walrus
Apr 3, 2013, 02:12 PM
Seeing as I don't like the plot at all, no I don't want one.

Blizz3112
Apr 3, 2013, 02:14 PM
They could make a commercial one, like Pokémon had...

Railkune
Apr 3, 2013, 02:15 PM
Seeing as I don't like the plot at all, no I don't want one.

I don't understand the plot personally. Seems a bit random. Then again, I've only seen videos and read up on the story/matter boards.

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 3, 2013, 02:24 PM
I can imagine all the flipping now.

reptile7383
Apr 3, 2013, 02:24 PM
I prefer to watch stuff with actual substance.

Daiyousei
Apr 3, 2013, 02:26 PM
I just read into Bioshock Infinite's plot (I'll try not to make it spoileriffic), and found it's alternate reality plot interesting. Like how PSO2's story mode is essentially you playing the same mission, but with different paths which led to different outcomes, thus creating an alternate timeline that diverges from what would've happened if you took a different path instead. So I guess they could write up a plot with that in focus.

Edit: heck, even the tear effects kinda look like what you see around when Shion appears.

Swaggerjak
Apr 3, 2013, 02:27 PM
Give a writer the ability to use the franchise and write their own story (using only the backbone of the game's story) and you can have a show as entertaining as possible. You don't need to stick to something 100%. Especially if it's surrounding a video game. The writers could have a field day with it.

I just think it has potential as an action/sci-fi. More of a compliment to the CGI staff. Like I said, though, you wouldn't want (nor need) them to use more of the story than just a backbone.

reptile7383
Apr 3, 2013, 02:35 PM
It is a cool setting, but thats about all you'd get from an anime (yes CG made in japan is still anime). That level of animation would most likely be too much of maintain for a series. Best you could hope for would be a movie like Appleseed.

Zyrusticae
Apr 3, 2013, 02:36 PM
Just those five minutes of cinematics probably cost a cool million USD per minute, FYI. Shit's pretty damn expensive.

I wouldn't expect an animated series to have anywhere near as much quality to it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 3, 2013, 02:52 PM
Night of the Wereark

Z-0
Apr 3, 2013, 02:56 PM
Only if I’m part of it.

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2013, 03:02 PM
Night of the Wereark

Oh god... why did you remind me of that.

@Z-0: Granted, but it will be your Adam character and he'll be more worthless than Afin.

Z-0
Apr 3, 2013, 03:03 PM
But he is the best, don't hate. :<

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
But he is the best, don't hate. :<

All he did for you was convince the entire PSO2 cast to tell you the story in English.

Gama
Apr 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
i would rather have sega investing in a global server, kk thx

UnLucky
Apr 3, 2013, 04:54 PM
as if they can only do one thing at a time and can't delegate

yoshiblue
Apr 3, 2013, 04:56 PM
Risk and reward and Sega isn't as much of a risk taker as it use to be.

untrustful
Apr 3, 2013, 05:05 PM
Such a show would consist of like 90% fan service, 10% plot.

ashley50
Apr 3, 2013, 05:07 PM
It won't work.

Or rather, it's a bad idea.

Xaeris
Apr 3, 2013, 05:08 PM

Battle harem. Fund it.

yoshiblue
Apr 3, 2013, 05:13 PM
Make it like Sonic X!

Chik'Tikka
Apr 3, 2013, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't mind some sort of Machinima+^_^+ if someone were to able to load the environments and a number of characters and mess with their animations and such+^_^+

Vintasticvin
Apr 3, 2013, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't mind some sort of Machinima+^_^+ if someone were to able to load the environments and a number of characters and mess with their animations and such+^_^+

^THIS!

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2013, 05:44 PM
They did something like this for PSU. Something of a comic book which was rather neat.

Still, the series hasn't really cared about its story since PSO. If they want to prove they can write a good story, I want to see it in game first.

Kion
Apr 3, 2013, 06:22 PM
There are better things that you can make animations of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5FjIxj_tk

JCGamer
Apr 3, 2013, 06:24 PM
if they did planed on doing an anime for pso2 in general might aswell do it in 3d :) but if Sega want to go cheat yeah I say animation art drawing for sure. I mean they did great on Phantasy Star Zero for the DS so why not they make into that :)

There are better things that you can make animations of

?????????????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5FjIxj_tk)hahahaha now that old school Captain Harlock XD that anime still is good even back in 1977 even when I was lil kid in Puerto Rico I used to watch that anime show so many time including Mazinger Z and Candy Candy. :D that cool they are Bring him back into 3d anime game :yes:

connor_the_kid
Apr 3, 2013, 06:39 PM
I would rather they worked on their piece of crap game, instead of dumping money into some expensive cg project

but thats just me

Arrow
Apr 3, 2013, 06:51 PM
I would expect a small group of fans collaborating together with 3D modeling software to create something that Sega would only dream of making.

After seeing what programs like Maya, Blender, and (shoot me later) MMD can create... I would not be surprised if the fandom pulled it off.
Heck even a full fledged Anime is not outta the question. (This is considering what the Touhou fandom has done and thus I would assume that any fandom could pull it off.)

Sayara
Apr 3, 2013, 06:51 PM

So 90% of anime then?

Arrow
Apr 3, 2013, 06:58 PM
So 90% of anime then?

I think that 10% is being generous.
Though I might just be looking in all the wrong places.

yoshiblue
Apr 3, 2013, 07:36 PM
So 90% of anime then?

Its all anime, just 90% filler.

Kion
Apr 3, 2013, 08:03 PM
I would rather they worked on their piece of crap game, instead of dumping money into some expensive cg project

but thats just me

+1 internets for you today. Pretty much this, i think they might have some scripting software that allows them to set the camera angle, what the characters say, and the lobby actions they use. So they probably have the resources to make videos, or extra PSO2 related content by using that in-house, the problem is the story is pretty bad.

lostinseganet
Apr 3, 2013, 08:03 PM
I think it could work, but then I liked the sonic cartoons :)

Syklo
Apr 3, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'd like to see animated episodes as a way to communicate to the players regarding update information and stuffs.....

But if it's an OVA of sorts.........yay?
It will have the protagonist in the epilogue, losing all their money to dudu though.

Retehi
Apr 3, 2013, 08:27 PM
I'd love a PSO animation in this style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWLE-1xpBtU

Ryudo
Apr 4, 2013, 05:34 AM
cant be worse than the shambling travesties that the shining animes were, such horrific fever nightmares those series were