PDA

View Full Version : Vita Those of You Playing on Vita with a US PSN Account

Ryo
Apr 4, 2013, 09:27 AM
Have any of you been banned? I'm thinking of tying my account to my US PSN. But I'm worried I may get banned for it. Thoughts?

Z-0
Apr 4, 2013, 09:55 AM
Considering you've already been on your Vita on your account, it's not going to work because you cannot unlink accounts as far as I know.

Ryo
Apr 4, 2013, 10:19 AM
See? That's what I thought. But here's the thing. I submitted a ticket that same day to sega asking them to unlink the accounts. They said no, but then this morning I got an email saying they did it.

Z-0
Apr 4, 2013, 10:24 AM
That's interesting. I assumed that they just wouldn't do it ever, but sees you got some good luck there. :P

Anyway, knowing that (and I don't think he's here), Shadow is still playing on his US PSN account and hasn't been banned, so you should be fine.

Ryo
Apr 4, 2013, 10:26 AM
That's interesting. I assumed that they just wouldn't do it ever, but sees you got some good luck there. :P

Anyway, knowing that (and I don't think he's here), Shadow is still playing on his US PSN account and hasn't been banned, so you should be fine.

Ah, that's good to know! Yeah, it was strange. They shot me down pretty quickly and closed the ticket. So I was pretty shocked this morning - a month after the fact - to find an email stating they'd changed their minds.

It also quite literally says they are doing this this ONE time only.

EDIT: For those of you more inclined to read/translate JP, I've posted the body of the email below:

平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき
誠にありがとうございます。

担当のセガカスタマーサポートよりご案内しております。

お客様よりお問い合わせいただきました件につきまして、
検討いたしました結果、お客様のSEGA IDと
Sony Entertainment Network アカウントの
連携を一度だけ解除することといたしました。

お手数をおかけしますが、連携解除を希望される場合は
再度「その他のお問い合わせ」フォームから連携解除を
希望されるSEGA IDとPlayStation NetworkのオンラインID
を入力して、投稿していただけますようお願いいたします。

Yamishi
Apr 4, 2013, 04:34 PM
I was wondering this exact same thing. What did you put in your original ticket to get the process going?

Kaju122
Apr 4, 2013, 08:27 PM
Is linking it to you US PSN a bad thing? The only thing im worried about when I get it is not being able to link my english copy

Zipzo
Apr 4, 2013, 08:45 PM
Ah, that's good to know! Yeah, it was strange. They shot me down pretty quickly and closed the ticket. So I was pretty shocked this morning - a month after the fact - to find an email stating they'd changed their minds.

It also quite literally says they are doing this this ONE time only.

EDIT: For those of you more inclined to read/translate JP, I've posted the body of the email below:

平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき
誠にありがとうございます。

担当のセガカスタマーサポートよりご案内しております。

お客様よりお問い合わせいただきました件につきまして、
検討いたしました結果、お客様のSEGA IDと
Sony Entertainment Network アカウントの
連携を一度だけ解除することといたしました。

お手数をおかけしますが、連携解除を希望される場合は
再度「その他のお問い合わせ」フォームから連携解除を
希望されるSEGA IDとPlayStation NetworkのオンラインID
を入力して、投稿していただけますようお願いいたします。

You're lucky.

Seems they gave you a pass this time around and let this one fly but I don't think they'd do it again or for anyone but who knows.

riku2replica
Apr 4, 2013, 09:39 PM
Is linking it to you US PSN a bad thing? The only thing im worried about when I get it is not being able to link my english copy

If english copy were going to be release its going to be totally on a different server and consider different linking as it will be handled by different maintainers(definitely not Sega JP).

Yamishi
Apr 4, 2013, 10:40 PM
If english copy were going to be release its going to be totally on a different server and consider different linking as it will be handled by different maintainers(definitely not Sega JP).

So you're pretty sure that US PSO2 (if it even comes to Vita) will be able to link to a PSN account, even if that same PSN account is tied to JP PSO2?

Hm. That's fantastic if it turns out to be true.

Maronji
Apr 4, 2013, 10:56 PM
So you're pretty sure that US PSO2 (if it even comes to Vita) will be able to link to a PSN account, even if that same PSN account is tied to JP PSO2?

Well, if you think about it, it would be a difference service altogether, despite still being handled by Sega (though instead of Sega of Japan managing the service, it would Sega of America/Sega of Europe).

The only time this would potentially become an issue (and I highly doubt this would happen) would be if the Sega ID database was shared between Sega of Japan and Sega of America/Sega of Europe, even if the game's database itself wasn't. Even then, the risk is minimal, at best.

Again, not like that would happen or anything.

riku2replica
Apr 4, 2013, 11:14 PM

Still it has to depends if western localization going to get a proper release ?

LoneWolf019
Apr 6, 2013, 02:52 AM
Im reading through this and im kinda confused. Whats the concern here? That you will get banned from pso 2 if you are on a us account?? I just got my copy today and started playing from my pc character like nothing.