PDA

View Full Version : Can you play the same character on PC *AND* Vita?

Daemon Gildas
Apr 4, 2013, 03:20 PM
Right now, I don't actually own a Vita, but I could see buying one if PSO2 is even half as much fun as the first PSO was. It's got me wondering, though; will I be able to play the same character on both PC and Vita, somehow? Or are the two versions just *COMPLETELY* separate, with no means of interacting or transferring character?

Mekhana
Apr 4, 2013, 03:22 PM
You can. A few team members do it all the time.

Vita version is almost exactly the same as PC except you get access to a few extra things like Kuro and Toro. You won't get access to them when you are playing on PC.

Shadowth117
Apr 4, 2013, 03:40 PM
They share servers. There are blocks vita player and pc players have exclusively, but they can play together, share shop systems, etc.

Daemon Gildas
Apr 4, 2013, 03:57 PM
Awesome! It seems strange to be considering getting a Vita exclusively to play one game, but I honestly might have to, if the game ever gets localized :P

Emp
Apr 4, 2013, 04:16 PM
You can. A few team members do it all the time.

Vita version is almost exactly the same as PC except you get access to a few extra things like Kuro and Toro. You won't get access to them when you are playing on PC.

I heard from someone that spawns on the vita version are reduced or smaller

blace
Apr 4, 2013, 04:19 PM
The amount of enemies on screen is lower than the PC oriented blocks. Time attacks I've done, had fewer enemies when I played on the PC/Vita blocks and from my Vita, whereas, the PC blocks had a higher enemy count.

RedRaz0r
Apr 4, 2013, 04:22 PM
Dude I got a Vita JUST to play PSO2 on it. And I already have a gaming pc and spend most of my time at home. It's worth it

Daemon Gildas
Apr 4, 2013, 04:41 PM
Ah, nice! So really, I guess there are certain benefits to each version? Either way, I just really like the idea of being able to play on my PC at home, and being able to mess around on my Vita while I'm out and about.

One question, though; does the Vita version require full-time internet-access to play? And if so, how expensive is that? I hadn't really given it much thought before, but I wonder if that would be an issue or not? It'd be awesome to be able to take on camping-trips or just out of town, but just want to know what to expect :P

Z-0
Apr 4, 2013, 04:44 PM
It needs full-time internet access, yes. You can either connect to a wifi spot, or if you buy a Vita capable of it, connect to 3G, although that will cost.

jooozek
Apr 4, 2013, 05:10 PM
inb4 sega drops vita like they dropped psu for ps2 because "its lol limiting us like hell"

Gama
Apr 4, 2013, 09:11 PM
inb4 sega drops vita like they dropped psu for ps2 because "its lol limiting us like hell"

well ps vita has expandable memory, wich psu on the ps2 didnt have "dvd size restriction and stuff"