PDA

View Full Version : A fighter Hypothetical

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 04:14 AM
So since, for some really odd/stupid reason, knuckles are the only melee weapon without a grab-type PA, what are you thoughts on.....

replacing them with nunchucks?

Requiem Aeternam
Apr 5, 2013, 04:17 AM
Nunchucks could be an interesting weapon. I never use fists on my Fighter anyway so I wouldn't mind if they got replaced but I'd rather see nunchucks as a new weapon type for more variety.

riku2replica
Apr 5, 2013, 04:25 AM
I think syklo wants to learn the rock bear's grabbing skill or the chrome dragon's grabbing skill. :D

Meji
Apr 5, 2013, 04:25 AM
I like the idea, but it has its flaws.
If they would be made out of Photon / have sharp edges, you'd surely deal more damage to yourself than the enemy.

EvilMag
Apr 5, 2013, 04:26 AM
I want whips back and don't say wired lances cause those aren't whips. :l

Reia
Apr 5, 2013, 04:26 AM
What I would look forward is a dreamed melee class like Samurai. Only 1 weapon, the Katana (not long katanas like the Agito or the Akatsuki that are considered in sword cathegory, but shorter and more faster blades). The class should only use that weapon but it has 15 PAs. The PAs can be nice for a Fighter Sub, they can cause unique effects such as Bleed and still count as an SE :3 (taking a good chance of chaser), Press Shift to Steath and unsteath and change how the PAs act like. It can even have its own mid or semi-long range PAs to don't even need a gunslash :3

Then again this are not facts. Just something I wish to come true because unlike most MMOs I dont like that in PSO you keep switching weapons everytime, Ranger is fine and is explainable but Hunters switch a LOT X_X

blace
Apr 5, 2013, 04:28 AM
If it were something like this, I wouldn't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mEp9XUJvM

Hard to believe it was published by Sega.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 04:29 AM
What I would look forward is a dreamed melee class like Samurai. Only 1 weapon, the Katana (not long katanas like the Agito or the Akatsuki that are considered in sword cathegory, but shorter and more faster blades). The class should only use that weapon but it has 15 PAs. The PAs can be nice for a Fighter Sub, they can cause unique effects such as Bleed and still count as an SE :3 (taking a good chance of chaser), Press Shift to Steath and unsteath and change how the PAs act like. It can even have its own mid or semi-long range PAs to don't even need a gunslash :3

Then again this are not facts. Just something I wish to come true because unlike most MMOs I dont like that in PSO you keep switching weapons everytime, Ranger is fine and is explainable but Hunters switch a LOT X_X
You're still switching between palettes anyway to make use of those 15 PA's

riku2replica
Apr 5, 2013, 04:29 AM
Perhaps "Remote Rocket fist" PA which sort of reminded me of Megaman X4 Sigma battle iinm.

Reia
Apr 5, 2013, 04:31 AM
You're still switching between palettes anyway to make use of those 15 PA's

What about it. That's why its the class's ONE weapon :3 It will give more creativity on what combos to do in sequel for specific enemies! Also it should require both hunter and fighter LV like 50 so the player is already a melee expert before starting this class.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 04:51 AM
What about it. That's why its the class's ONE weapon :3 It will give more creativity on what combos to do in sequel for specific enemies! Also it should require both hunter and fighter LV like 50 so the player is already a melee expert before starting this class.
So you don't like how it is right now where you frequently switch between weapons yet you're completely fine with sticking to one weapon yet still switching just as, if not more, frequently between palettes?

:-?

blace
Apr 5, 2013, 05:07 AM
Some people just really like certain weapon types.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 05:38 AM
Clearly I'm not one of them.

Sort of the opposite, actually: I disliked swords. Past tense because I don't care about HU anymore, and when I do switch back, I still occasionally use it cuz RIDE SLASHER lol.
And I don't have over end......so yeah.

Also.....just watched your vid.

Definitely a good replacement considering knuckle gear as it is right now...

blace
Apr 5, 2013, 05:41 AM
Katana's were pretty good in PSO and had its own animation. Most notably, Akiko's Frying Pan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBTFVPuXnA
How it'll play out in PSO2 is still up for debate. I just don't see it being all that great.

Alisha
Apr 5, 2013, 05:44 AM
no i like fists i just they were more martial arts pa's instea dof all boxing.

blace
Apr 5, 2013, 05:47 AM
Like how in PSO, equipping Angry Fist, Brave Knuckle and God Hand, resulted in just the bare handed attacking animation? I wouldn't mind something like that, but as we all know knuckles are its own thing. Maybe greaves or something down the road for more martial arts oriented PAs.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 06:09 AM
Maybe greaves or something down the road for more martial arts oriented PAs.

Sega's new weapon class:
SHOES

but really, for acrobatic/martial arts style combat, I'd be interested in seeing the units themselves act as weapons.

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 06:10 AM
I REALLY like the idea of one weapon does a little bit of ALL with a strong point, versus multiple weapons being tools.

Maybe a few new skills that give the choice between the two ideas. Focusing 1 weapon OR using them all.

But that would be somewhere near this game actually being well designed.

Rien
Apr 5, 2013, 06:35 AM
The class should only use that weapon but it has 15 PAs.

It's not 15 PAs.

It's one PA with 15 different listed effects. I believe it probably picks one out of all status effects and attempts to inflict it.

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 06:41 AM
It's not 15 PAs.

It's one PA with 15 different listed effects. I believe it probably picks one out of all status effects and attempts to inflict it.
so we have the basic 6 SE's...
then jellen + zalure
then stun + injury + bind.
That's 11.
Unless the interesting knock-backs like in dark scherzo's last hit count as an effect...

that can be varied.

Or heck maybe these PA "effects" are just triggers to a different PA Sequence depending on the previous action.
Maybe it really is just "One PA; 15 functions" (Is it actually the only PA there or is it just those effects have been discovered per PA? haven't been paying attention)[SPOILER-BOX]
First strike PA (I.e. not in combat mode/stance)
1st reg atk > Pa
2nd reg atk > pa
3rd reg atk > pa
Dash > pa
Dash attack > Pa
Jump > Pa
Jump > 1st attack > Pa
Jump > 2nd attack > Pa
Jump > 3rd attack > Pa
(any) Pa > Pa > pa (PA combo)
Shift + Pa
Pa on front side of enemy
Pa on rear side of enemy
Pa on THE Side of enemy
[/SPOILER-BOX]
.......you get the idea

Meji
Apr 5, 2013, 06:55 AM
SHOES
"Boot to the head" PA is obligatory.

Alisha
Apr 5, 2013, 06:57 AM
I REALLY like the idea of one weapon does a little bit of ALL with a strong point, versus multiple weapons being tools.

Maybe a few new skills that give the choice between the two ideas. Focusing 1 weapon OR using them all.

But that would be somewhere near this game actually being well designed.

i think all melee pa's should be redesigned/rebalanced with this in mind.

Galax
Apr 5, 2013, 07:29 AM
"Boot to the head" PA is obligatory.

Don't forget the also-obligatory ass-kick. Where you jump behind the enemy and highkick their ass. Literally.

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 07:35 AM
"Funny" PAs are cute and all, But lame in place of actually cool-looking/useful PAs. ]:

Galax
Apr 5, 2013, 08:01 AM
"Funny" PAs are cute and all, But lame in place of actually cool-looking/useful PAs. ]:

What happens when it looks cool AND is funny?

Also...that drunken knuckles PA on PSU was amusing, looked cool for firebreathing, and did decent damage. It was all three :o

MoonAtomizer
Apr 5, 2013, 08:07 AM

Well, published by =/= developed by. Take Bayonetta 1 and 2.

(I'm pointing out the obvious semantics because the choreography/animation is a result of being developed by Platinum Games, not SEGA as its publisher).

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 08:15 AM
Can we keep nunchucks for the next class and instead replace knuckled with... tonfas? Most PAs still work, you can get more PAs and most importantly

they're fucking tonfas.

I want tonfaaaaaaaaas...

BlankM
Apr 5, 2013, 08:42 AM
It'd be interesting to see what PAs they'd come up with for Slicer.

Drifting Fable
Apr 5, 2013, 09:02 AM
I'd like to have Skates as a weapon class. It gives a more weaponized feel to the foot-based weapon over boots or shoes. Also implies speed which is what foot based weapon need to be.

I mean the ice skate variety, cut them as you kick them!

The roller variety, run those mobs over like the road kill they are!

And the rocket skate variety, become the ultimate lifeform!

And I'm totally not going to go nuts for enhanced speed properties and a sonic sneaker weapon should greaves/boots/skates becomes a possibility.

jooozek
Apr 5, 2013, 09:18 AM
Can we keep nunchucks for the next class and instead replace knuckled with... tonfas? Most PAs still work, you can get more PAs and most importantly

they're fucking tonfas.

I want tonfaaaaaaaaas...
knuckle tonfas are already in the game

NoiseHERO
Apr 5, 2013, 09:25 AM
think he means all the future fist designs should be turned into tonfa. Which I have no complaints with.

Except for the PA's revolving around tonfa appearance... because... tonfa's aren't really just punching... but I don't think anyone is gonna spin a boxing glove/sock'em bopper in their hand.

Gardios
Apr 5, 2013, 10:21 AM
^Yes yes, that's what I've meant. Existing knuckle PAs still work with tonfas and new knuckle PAs shouldn't be a problem either with tonfas is what I was trying to say with the PA comment.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 5, 2013, 10:35 AM
I want whips back and don't say wired lances cause those aren't whips. :l

Ok i wont but im thinking it pretty loud.

UnLucky
Apr 5, 2013, 01:45 PM
I just want more wrestling moves

gimme some lariats, pile drivers, and suplexing plz

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2013, 01:54 PM
suplexing

Only if I can do this to Varhda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYhKuzsTq4

Syklo
Apr 5, 2013, 07:44 PM
Only if I can do this to Varhda.
Final Fantasy 6 - Sabin Suplexes a Train to Death - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYhKuzsTq4)
YES

SUPLEX VARDHA'S MAIN MECH OFF THE BOARD

see what happens

I'd like to have Skates as a weapon class. It gives a more weaponized feel to the foot-based weapon over boots or shoes. Also implies speed which is what foot based weapon need to be.

I mean the ice skate variety, cut them as you kick them!

The roller variety, run those mobs over like the road kill they are!

And the rocket skate variety, become the ultimate lifeform!

And I'm totally not going to go nuts for enhanced speed properties and a sonic sneaker weapon should greaves/boots/skates becomes a possibility.

I like the skates idea.
Move/glide around whilst kicking away~~
I can totally imagine the Acrobat skills from DragonNest kicking in here

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 5, 2013, 08:22 PM
If it were something like this, I wouldn't mind.
Anarchy Reigns Presents Ai Rin in...Ai Rin, Come Back To Me - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mEp9XUJvM)

NICE BUTT!

I mean...er...

+1

Nunchaku for new melee class.