PDA

View Full Version : How does this work?

Hero-Break
Apr 5, 2013, 09:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9qcJRgk4IE

Te/Hu using Umbila Stick...? Don't you have to have a FO Main/Sub in order to cast techs from rods. Or does simply having a class that can use techs allow you to cast from all multi-class casting weapons?

Thanks for the reply.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2013, 10:02 AM
Personally I think a more pressing matter is how somehow took over 30 minutes to do Naberius II BUT yes, all you need is a class that can cast techs and you can cast techs using -any- weapon.

Caledonia
Apr 5, 2013, 10:03 AM
It's an all-class rod.

Like there are also all-class swords that a force could use.

Basically: some weapons can be used by anyone, regardless of type/class.

Hero-Break
Apr 5, 2013, 10:06 AM
It's an all-class rod.

Like there are also all-class swords that a force could use.

Basically: some weapons can be used by anyone, regardless of type/class.

Yeah, that is true. But in your example unless you have a HU Main or Sub you can't use the swords PAs. It's kind of strange the tech weapons are the exception.

Caledonia
Apr 5, 2013, 10:24 AM
I've not tested that, but in your video the guys is a Te/Hu so he should have access to techs from the Te side of his build. Techniques aren't weapon bound because they are not PAs --A PA generally involves use of the weapon, a technique is pure photon energy.

Sorry, I'm carrying on two arguments in my head here. Let me narrow this down.

Rod is a Force weapon that allows techniques to be set on the weapon pallet

Techer is a class that allows the use of Techniques

Umblla stick is an all-class rod.

Therefore: a Techer may cast techniques with an Umblla stick

... I don't know if a RA/GU could cast techniques with an Umblla Stick however.

Cyclon
Apr 5, 2013, 10:31 AM
... I don't know if a RA/GU could cast techniques with an Umblla Stick however.
No. You need Techter or Force as your main or sub to use techs at all.

Caledonia
Apr 5, 2013, 10:35 AM

In which case that solves it. Techniques are basically the PAs for both Force and Techer, so a Techer using an all-class rod has access to all its techniques. Techniques are not an exception to the use of all-class weapons.

jooozek
Apr 5, 2013, 11:01 AM
Personally I think a more pressing matter is how somehow took over 30 minutes to do Naberius II BUT yes, all you need is a class that can cast techs and you can cast techs using -any- weapon.

seeing how the rockbear throw does 1 dmg to them
i dont think it needs any explanation

Daiyousei
Apr 5, 2013, 12:18 PM
seeing how the rockbear throw does 1 dmg to them
i dont think it needs any explanation

De Malmoth's snowballs do 1 dmg to my Gu/Ra so it all came down to standing still and shooting his horn while taking everything he throws in the face.

jooozek
Apr 5, 2013, 12:20 PM
De Malmoth's snowballs do 1 dmg to my Gu/Ra so it all came down to standing still and shooting his horn while taking everything he throws in the face.

those do shit damage, im talking about rockbear catching you and throwing; in the aq i remember getting catched once and i was one shot :-?

Daiyousei
Apr 5, 2013, 12:29 PM
reminds me of that one video of someone buffing defence so much fang twins deal only 1 damage

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 5, 2013, 02:17 PM
Right but the cost of doing that is your damage output is practically nonexistent

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 03:37 AM

Have you ever played FO or TE? If you have would know both FO and TE share the same PA skill's also Umbra stick is all class weapon so it's not effected by Tecter class what so ever.

Yeah and game is about offense purely so def builds are hardly needed sense enemies die in practically seconds....

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 05:38 AM
Have you ever played FO or TE? If you have would know both FO and TE share the same PA skill's also Umbra stick is all class weapon so it's not effected by Tecter class what so ever.

Yeah and game is about offense purely so def builds are hardly needed sense enemies die in practically seconds....
FO and TE have no PA's; they use technics/techniques (however you want to spell it :-?)
Umbra rod is all-class
Techs placed on a weapon palette is exactly the same as placing it on the subpalette - it's just activated differently.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 01:38 PM
Aside from the fact that techs are shared between the two classes, they're treated just like PAs when it comes to classes and subclasses. They are for all intents and purposes PAs

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 06:14 PM
FO and TE have no PA's; they use technics/techniques (however you want to spell it :-?)
Umbra rod is all-class
Techs placed on a weapon palette is exactly the same as placing it on the subpalette - it's just activated differently.

Damn you leave me alone and let me state some PSU terms dammit~<3

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 07:21 PM
As someone who has never played such a game

I DENY!

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 07:37 PM
As someone who has never played such a game

I DENY!

Q.Q

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.tinypic.com/efrvy8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 6, 2013, 10:46 PM

AP,fighgunner, S+10's now start listing more dam you

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 10:49 PM
AP,fighgunner, S+10's now start listing more dam you

AMG WHY YOU DO DIS TO ME Q.Q!!

Speaking of that wouldn't mind if Pro-Tranzer or Fight-Master came back >.>.

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 6, 2013, 10:54 PM
AMG WHY YOU DO DIS TO ME Q.Q!!

Speaking of that wouldn't mind if Pro-Tranzer or Fight-Master came back >.>.

I'd say the same to fortegunner but ra/fi is pretty much the same thing :D

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 10:59 PM
I'd say the same to fortegunner but ra/fi is pretty much the same thing :D

BLEEHHHHHHH!!

Cyclon
Apr 7, 2013, 12:10 AM
Hm...
Yeah, so, okay, so, yeah, so what exactly in my sentence made you think that I... didn't know that...?
Guys, the answer was litterally given in the second post why is this still going on WHAT.

Zenobia
Apr 7, 2013, 12:16 AM
Hm...
Yeah, so, okay, so, yeah, so what exactly in my sentence made you think that I... didn't know that...?
Guys, the answer was litterally given in the second post why is this still going on WHAT.

Cause we are bored which is why I purposely quoted you knowing full well what you meant~ D: I SOWWI BUT WE ISH BORED<3

Cyclon
Apr 7, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cause we are bored which is why I purposely quoted you knowing full well what you meant~ D: I SOWWI BUT WE ISH BORED<3
Ooooooooooooooooooooh.
Okay.