PDA

View Full Version : FOFI Skill Tree tiiips?

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 5, 2013, 08:11 PM
yeah im totally goin fofi on my cast.

But...I have a real issue here.

I don't know a thing about these trees and I'm not very confident in just using that skill simulator (I diiiiiid mess up on ranger and gunner before)

So I just want some help on what I should aim for.
Mostly on Fighter, I kinda get the gist of Force, though help on that is fine too.

btw I'm aimin for fiya powas. I always wanted to be a Firefighter.

Daiyousei
Apr 5, 2013, 08:14 PM
The stances is a must when it comes to the FI tree, especially brave stance, since you'll be facing your targets most of the time anyways.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2013, 08:19 PM
If you're using your Fighter tree strictly as support for your Force tree, you max out Brave Stance, Brave Stance Up 1, Wise Stance, and Wise Stance Up 1. The Criticals get ignored. If you want to do the GO FAST thing, you get Step Attack and Knuckle Gear too. I imagine the update next week will bring X Stance Up 2s, but we'll get a reset so no need to worry about that.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 5, 2013, 08:25 PM
I have a fo/fi build in my build thread.

You'll lose out on some T atk as a cast, but you should still plan it the same way. Use black wings for your armor and you should be fine.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2013, 08:45 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03fbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn0000 00febHnJbfax0000lb00000ib0000GBhk2XcK00007b00000f

hf

but this will change this wednesday so...

Inazuma
Apr 5, 2013, 11:45 PM
Don't put any points into the stance crit skills. Maxing the crit skills only increased my damage overall by about 1%. You are much better off putting your extra SP into the HP UP skill, even if you are good at dodging. At least it will do something.

Get step attack and knuckle gear if you want to travel quickly with the knuckle dash.

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 12:01 AM
if you want to be a firefighter then build an ice tree

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 01:39 AM
Don't put any points into the stance crit skills. Maxing the crit skills only increased my damage overall by about 1%. You are much better off putting your extra SP into the HP UP skill, even if you are good at dodging. At least it will do something.

Get step attack and knuckle gear if you want to travel quickly with the knuckle dash.

This issue is that as a Force, you really gain nothing from any other skills. HP up is just as meaningless. I agree that crit skills are pretty underpowered, but still.

Inazuma
Apr 6, 2013, 03:33 AM
This issue is that as a Force, you really gain nothing from any other skills. HP up is just as meaningless. I agree that crit skills are pretty underpowered, but still.

You think 1% more damage is more useful than having roughly 10% more HP? I know defense and dying doesn't matter in this game, especially for forces, but with 50 more HP, it might save you from dying or let you take an extra hit, which means more time spent attacking. I think the +50 HP would help you more with offense than having 1% higher damage, but I could be wrong.

Maybe Sega will make critical attacks strong in a future patch. They should really do more damage than your normal attacks.

Shadowth117
Apr 6, 2013, 03:40 AM
I'm happy with random chance not dictating whether we 2 or 3 hit big things, but that's just me.

The critical skills ARE worthless by the way. They do almost nothing even if you have 10 points in them. Do yourself a favor and ignore their existence. Sad thing is I wouldn't even say they do 1% damage.

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 03:46 AM
Yeah def max both brave stance and brave stance up and Wise stance and Wise stance up Cyron it will help majorly.

As Xaeris said grab the step atk as well for the GO-Fast ploy really helps when you want to get around.

Ignore the crit buffs and w/e points you have left over use em however you pls as Inazuma said you could put points into the HP bonus if you so wish,but you could also hold out for when they give us the new skills.

All in all we are gonna get a skill reset so it doesn't matter can't wait myself.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 6, 2013, 03:52 AM
Isn't FI getting a skill that doesn't help T-Atk whatsoever?

I might end up going for the hp

also im savin those skill resets for my main, so mentioning them won't really do much..

Xaeris
Apr 6, 2013, 04:08 AM
If that's the case, assuming that's the way it'll work, you should hold off on spending the spare points. PP Slayer will be useless as a FO sub, yeah, but the preview said that those are only a portion of the new skills. I'm guessing the rest are just new instances of skills we already have, like another T-Atk or another Weak Hit Advance or another (cross your fingers Techers) PP Restorate. If that's the case, one of those might be more useful than what we have available now.

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 04:23 AM
If that is the case don't put points into HP save em wait to see what the new skill trees are gonna look like once they are implemented once you see whats what you can plan the extra SP points from there easy peasy.

jiasu73
Apr 6, 2013, 07:01 AM
If you are not going to use your reset on your FO, i recommend this tree.. Don't know how much T-atk increase you will need at current cap for current 2nd best rod so i left it like this. Better to be safe now since no certainty to how exactly the new skill trees will look like. http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03fbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn0000 00febHnGBfGK0000lb00000ib00004OIk2XcK00007b00000f

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 12:50 PM
You think 1% more damage is more useful than having roughly 10% more HP? I know defense and dying doesn't matter in this game, especially for forces, but with 50 more HP, it might save you from dying or let you take an extra hit, which means more time spent attacking. I think the +50 HP would help you more with offense than having 1% higher damage, but I could be wrong.

Maybe Sega will make critical attacks strong in a future patch. They should really do more damage than your normal attacks.

if you only have 500HP at endgame it might not be a bad idea to reconsider your affixes.

If that's the case, assuming that's the way it'll work, you should hold off on spending the spare points. PP Slayer will be useless as a FO sub, yeah, but the preview said that those are only a portion of the new skills. I'm guessing the rest are just new instances of skills we already have, like another T-Atk or another Weak Hit Advance or another (cross your fingers Techers) PP Restorate. If that's the case, one of those might be more useful than what we have available now.

It could also mean the advent of the second set of stance ups for fighter which you will DEFINITELY want to grab if they're anything like the current stance ups.

redroses
Apr 6, 2013, 01:00 PM
Shouldn't this be in the gameplay section.

UnLucky
Apr 6, 2013, 03:17 PM
if you only have 500HP at endgame it might not be a bad idea to reconsider your affixes.

So what about your 4 slot HP affixed units, instead of 800 HP you can get 900 and still max the Stance Ups.

It's an option.

Inazuma
Apr 6, 2013, 05:10 PM

I do have a little over 500 HP. I would actually have 30 less HP than I do now if I could change some of my Ragne and Wolga Souls into Elder Souls. The only reason some of my units have Ragne or Wolga Soul is because they were the best soul at the time. All of my equipment has Spirita Boost (PP) because it helps offense more than Stamina Boost (HP).

This game is all about offense, so I think about defense in terms of offense, if that makes any sense.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 05:50 PM
I would still run wolga before elder. depending on your armor you either go with stamina or spirita boost. 125-130PP should be plenty

Z-0
Apr 6, 2013, 05:52 PM
I just go with 157PP because whatever.

More is better!

Inazuma
Apr 6, 2013, 06:44 PM
I have 154 PP and it's not enough. When I upgrade my units, I will go with Elder Soul. If you are bad at the game, Wolga or Ragne Soul might be better. If I could, I would have 200 PP and 400 HP.

Once we get enough PP regen to have infinite PP, we can start using HP boosting affixes instead of PP ones. But for now PP is better than HP.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you're spamming fire techs. I save that for when I get a PB which is pretty often.

if you use Zonde, you wont run out so fast.

UnLucky
Apr 6, 2013, 07:42 PM
I've got 600HP and 116PP and neither is enough :L

Fire or Zonde doesn't matter, I have to regen eventually, and I have to heal after any attack I suffer

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds like you're spamming fire techs. I save that for when I get a PB which is pretty often.

if you use Zonde, you wont run out so fast.

Midori is a heavy Zonde user lol I assure you she hardly casts fire sense Lightning pretty much owns everything until they nerf Zonde.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 07:50 PM
I dunno, I don't play Fo/Fi much but I get by with 109 as a fo/te while rarely having to use PP convert. I can't imagine 130+ would feel restrictive. Certainly not 150.

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 08:03 PM
Oh I forgot to mention she is FO/FI lol mah bad~.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah I know. I'm saying if they have Bolt Tech PP save (since I do), we're talking about a net casting cost difference of ~2? so 11 vs 13?

They should be able to cast more zondes than me and do more damage per zonde, meaning they should have to cast it less...

It doesn't make sense.

Inazuma
Apr 6, 2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah I pretty much just use zonde on everything. Like Zenobia said, I will use other techs more after they nerf zonde. For now, Force/Fighter with zonde is stupid broken and kills most enemies in one or two hits from a distance.

But even if I play as a Force/Techter with my 16% PP regen Seitenheise, I still don't have infinite PP, therefore I need my max PP as high as possible, so I run out less often.

I don't have a problem with dodging attacks. If I fuck up and get killed occasionally, it doesn't matter since dying doesn't do anything in this game. Offense is king.

If Sega changes the game to make defense important, then defense will be important. The current game is so absurdly easy it's a total joke. The combination of enemies dying within two seconds, being able to use Force dodge, and having no penalty for death means that defense takes a back seat to offense.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 6, 2013, 08:37 PM
Are we arguing defense and PP?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 08:42 PM
We were more discussing critical skills vs HP. I'm saying I think they're equally worthless, but that escalated to PP vs HP.

I think my little newman is just OP though, because I 1 & 2 shot everything as Fo/Te >_>

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 08:44 PM
Are we arguing defense and PP?

Not really lol there just discussing it it's only arguing once one side throws a swear or points out how useless one's decision is this convo seems legit and tame no worries.

Dextro
Apr 6, 2013, 10:19 PM
Out of curiosity, and assuming cost was no issue; would any of you take Ability III on your weapon/units over stamina or spirita boost? o_o
(and don't say 4slot and get both >_> it's to see whether you'd give up pp/hp for more damage!)

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 10:25 PM
Out of curiosity, and assuming cost was no issue; would any of you take Ability III on your weapon/units over stamina or spirita boost? o_o
(and don't say 4slot and get both >_> it's to see whether you'd give up pp/hp for more damage!)

15 to all stats isn't really that much of a difference sense your an FO/TE or FO/FI you wouldn't really need ability 3 at all sense most of those stats gains from it you wouldn't be using anyway. So no i wouldn't get ability 3 for a measly 15 to all stat gain Spirita Boost 3, Elder Soul, and Tech 3 is all ya need as for as 3 slots affixes go.

Shadowth117
Apr 6, 2013, 10:30 PM
15 to all stats isn't really that much of a difference sense your an FO/TE or FO/FI you wouldn't really need ability 3 at all sense most of those stats gains from it you wouldn't be using anyway. So no i wouldn't get ability 3 for a measly 15 to all stat gain Spirita Boost 3, Elder Soul, and Tech 3 is all ya need as for as 3 slots affixes go.

4 slots are a thing :3

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 10:33 PM
4 slots are a thing :3

He said if he had 3slots not 4 dunno why you quoted me we alrdy know about the 4 slots.

Pls read up next time?

Dextro
Apr 6, 2013, 10:35 PM
I know they are, but I just wanted to see what you'd pick if you had the choice of 1 or the other :P
Because there are still those Satk/Ratk/Tatk boost items in the files which haven't been released yet, which will probably add a value of say... 15-45 Tatk. Then you'll really have a tough choice!

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah I read about that once those come into play it's gonna be stiff competition guess I'll mess around on my Newman and see whats what but for now all I can do is wonder about em.

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 11:00 PM
Never getting those stam/spi boosts because lol i'm too poor to get them.

Right now I'm aiming for a Soul/Stat3/SE3/Ability3 combination on my weapons.
at least quartz soul will be the easiest.

Z-0
Apr 6, 2013, 11:01 PM
you're too poor to afford boosts but you can afford that?

lol?

4s'ing is like 10x the cost of buying a boost (or even more).

Zenobia
Apr 6, 2013, 11:03 PM

lol?

Tink dat be the sarcasm rolling in Z-0 bro lo~.

Syklo
Apr 6, 2013, 11:05 PM

lol?

Considering that I'm not purchasing fodders from player shops and just building the fodders i need @ 300 meseta a try... (with junk collected from runs)
Pretty sure it won't take me 1000+ tries.