PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 my thoughts on Premium

Miku Miharu
Apr 7, 2013, 03:59 PM
i recently got premium on pso2 and i love it! made over 3 mil in my shop, i can join full blocks (Take that block 20 XD) i went all out in my room and decorated the hell out of it :P. In short premium is amazing ^^

Shadowth117
Apr 7, 2013, 04:12 PM
That is supposed to be the point. The idea is that you'll have incentive to buy the premium.

Arrow
Apr 7, 2013, 04:15 PM
i recently got premium on pso2 and i love it! made over 3 mil in my shop, i can join full blocks (Take that block 20 XD) i went all out in my room and decorated the hell out of it :P. In short premium is amazing ^^

STOP REMINDING ME HOW AWSOME IT IS! :twak:
Just because I'll never be able to get it :-(

Chisa
Apr 7, 2013, 06:14 PM
I have premium as well, and I don't regret it one bit. :) I do enjoy the features, I mean sure I wish they added more stuf (not entirely sure what), but it might motivate more people to get it (if they can that is) but I still like that the game is still entirely free to play if one chooses to do so. :)

BarbblerElf
Apr 7, 2013, 06:30 PM
I'd be all over premium too, but the shop seems like a whole lot of tedious work.

Jungo Torii
Apr 7, 2013, 06:34 PM
I'd be all over premium too, but the shop seems like a whole lot of tedious work.

It's not really very difficult to use by any means. You've just got to make sure you actually have things worth selling.

Yes, OP, premium is starting to become well worth it. Been premium for two months and I'm probably going to be very unhappy if there ever comes a point where I'm unable to extend my service.

ikarius030
Apr 7, 2013, 07:35 PM
I personally thought premium would be useless to me. First I'm not high enough level to farm rares for My Shop, I didn't see a usefulness to My Room, I had no one to trade with, etc...

Then, FUN Scratch got me 2 tickets of 3 days of My Room. ... .... ...... I'm getting premium this week or next week. Really, My Room got me addicted, also since yesterday I got a lot of rare drops that I can't use and I started to make more friends with who I can trade with. The only thing that bothers me is that it ends up 30$a month (which is double the monthly subscription to WoW) while if I could buy directly from Sega website (Yen to Canadian Dollar)it would cost me 14-17$, so I got to think about it before I spend money...

But I'm seriously thinking about it !!! lol

Railkune
Apr 7, 2013, 07:45 PM
Premium is just so worth it to me. The extra FUN, trading, shops, My Room (god I love chilling in there), and all the other extra features. It's just cool to have in my opinion.

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 07:54 PM
I'm really tempted to use my myshop ticket...

But I have no idea what's worth selling, plus I'm keeping my crappy rares incase that rumour of leveling past mag cap with 7*+ only stuff comes true.

Jungo Torii
Apr 7, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm really tempted to use my myshop ticket...

But I have no idea what's worth selling, plus I'm keeping my crappy rares incase that rumour of leveling past mag cap with 7*+ only stuff comes true.

You can do a price check of any items you might want to consider getting rid of by simply ctrl+ving the item name while highlighted and then pasting into the shop search.

That should give you an idea of the general price of the item, which can help you determine when to use the pass.

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 08:04 PM
You can do a price check of any items you might want to consider getting rid of by simply ctrl+ving the item name while highlighted and then pasting into the shop search.

That should give you an idea of the general price of the item, which can help you determine when to use the pass.
It's not just the item itself, it's also affixes. Right now, the only valuable one I know of, which I don't need, is mizer soul.

Jungo Torii
Apr 7, 2013, 08:09 PM
It's not just the item itself, it's also affixes. Right now, the only valuable one I know of, which I don't need, is mizer soul.

Ah, I see. I suppose it's a little more difficult to determine in that case. You could still try looking for prices of the item with that affix...but that can get kind of obnoxious at times.

Alisha
Apr 7, 2013, 10:08 PM
imo premium is good but it should be even better to the point it makes freeloading free players second class citizens.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 7, 2013, 10:10 PM
Ah, I see. I suppose it's a little more difficult to determine in that case. You could still try looking for prices of the item with that affix...but that can get kind of obnoxious at times.

that's easy, just type the Affix in the affix slot in the shop, filter the items to wep or armor+^_^+ probably easier to do with EN patch, as you can type the EN Affix names in the shop+^_^+ just be sure to filter either as armor or wep, and probably number of affixes too+^_^+ (god i miss shop)

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 10:25 PM
that's easy, just type the Affix in the affix slot in the shop, filter the items to wep or armor+^_^+ probably easier to do with EN patch, as you can type the EN Affix names in the shop+^_^+ just be sure to filter either as armor or wep, and probably number of affixes too+^_^+ (god i miss shop)
Still a pain, not to mention that affix searching is limited to one affix and not affix combinations.
Also it's level-specific too (Burn I won't give Burn III's for instance).

Jungo Torii
Apr 7, 2013, 10:29 PM
Still a pain, not to mention that affix searching is limited to one affix and not affix combinations.
Also it's level-specific too (Burn I won't give Burn III's for instance).

That's my main problem with searching for affixes and I think it's pretty freaking annoying that Sega hasn't done anything about it.

Hopefully at some point it's a suggestion that they'll pick up...they do seem to actually listen to player feedback.

Syklo
Apr 7, 2013, 10:31 PM
That's my main problem with searching for affixes and I think it's pretty freaking annoying that Sega hasn't done anything about it.

Hopefully at some point it's a suggestion that they'll pick up...they do seem to actually listen to player feedback.
I just want more advanced search operators, especially in storage (For instance, search for all items WITHOUT a soul).

wetro01
Apr 7, 2013, 10:32 PM
I have prem and i looove it. But i have a question...while im playing my FUN points go up by like 1 for some odd reason...do you get FUN points for people going to your room or something or by looking at your shop? cuz its so odd that i see that i have for instance 89 FUN points and out of no where like 2 hours of gaming i have 90 or 92...how is this possible?. the only ways that i know how to get FUN points is by GJ friends,logging in and the partner thing...is there another way to get FUN points?

Infinity Series
Apr 7, 2013, 11:17 PM
I have prem and i looove it. But i have a question...while im playing my FUN points go up by like 1 for some odd reason...do you get FUN points for people going to your room or something or by looking at your shop? cuz its so odd that i see that i have for instance 89 FUN points and out of no where like 2 hours of gaming i have 90 or 92...how is this possible?. the only ways that i know how to get FUN points is by GJ friends,logging in and the partner thing...is there another way to get FUN points?

whenever someone send a goodjob to you

you get additional fun point

Reia
Apr 8, 2013, 03:45 AM
Well I tested Premiun in the beta. Im well aware that this is no difference than playing a demo version where your content is very limited. In this case trading is the most convenient one and the ability to purchase 10* beyond. Then again this is the price you should pay for a game like this. I can't pay it at the moment due to bureaucratic moments in my nation and the banks. But at same time even if I could I wouldn't and wait for an EN version. Because the third parties can be unreliable, specially if you're not from US with their additional costs for transaction, and second the fact that we're breaking the ToS. You never know when SEGA might change the way they keep the region locking once the EN version comes. It always been like that in most MMOs (Here's your local server, go there! /regionlock). You never know if all your time and money spent in the game will go to drain quickly due to the ToS and how they will act after the localization.

Then again like said, it's foolish to totally play this game without buying it. It reminds me the F2P in PSU or the Demo version of 360. At least you can still play the game for free or to learn strategies for the EN edition. Instead of PSU that getting 15* and good grinds totally depended on how much money you put in from your wallet.

DreXxiN
Apr 8, 2013, 06:49 AM
imo premium is good but it should be even better to the point it makes freeloading free players second class citizens.

That's an awful idea and you should know that with the faintest idea of business strategy. You have to maintain a solid playing experience for the free players with hints that the game are more enjoyable with additional money, but the possibility of falling back if you get anxious about your spending won't ruin the game experience for you.

That is, unless you want to be premium in a sea full of...well..nobody...a dead game.

Zenobia
Apr 8, 2013, 07:45 AM
That's an awful idea and you should know that with the faintest idea of business strategy. You have to maintain a solid playing experience for the free players with hints that the game are more enjoyable with additional money, but the possibility of falling back if you get anxious about your spending won't ruin the game experience for you.

That is, unless you want to be premium in a sea full of...well..nobody...a dead game.

I guess premium educes egoism? Cause that's what I got out of her comment lol.

Reia
Apr 8, 2013, 12:32 PM
Well as any lust for power is. The few people that can go on the hassle of getting AC and actually reaching (doesn't reach for everyone). Are the ones enjoying the position the most, and of course doesn't want others to have it so they can feel superior.

Then again Alisha is just trolling you shouldnt pay attention to those kind of sarcastic posts DreXxiN. Doing something like that would even give problems to the own premiun players because of lacking F2P players generating money that goes into Premiun player's pockets.

So talking in a more barbaric language of the internet community, you go premiun if you can't stand playing this game without waving the largest e-peen to other players.