PDA

View Full Version : Aiming Shot PA + Standing Snipe

GALEFORCE
Apr 8, 2013, 03:06 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here has tried Aiming Shot using Standing Snipe. From what I've heard, Standing Snipe takes effect as long as you were standing still at the time you activated the PA, but since I'm building my hunter/ranger based around Aiming Shot, I'd like to be 100% on this before I invest..

I'm guessing if I start charging while standing still, then move around, I'll get the damage bonus no matter whether I'm moving or not upon releasing. By that logic, if I start a charge while moving around, I will not get the damage bonus even if I release while standing still?

Could I, say, charge while standing still, move/strafe, stand still to release, just attack charge while standing still, repeat?

Reia
Apr 8, 2013, 03:56 AM
Well from my beta experience playing ranger, Standing snipe reflects as the standing condition when using a PA. Even if you standed still using one point if you started shooting while moving (Which without it us just bullet spread), the bullets will still spread like crazy until the PA is done but start spreading if I was stationary on PA start and started moving. I'm sure that the standing snipe condition is related to your position from start to finish without even moving of a PA, that even counts that you don't move while charging.

Rien
Apr 8, 2013, 04:37 AM
You have to stand for one second (or however long it takes for the server to recognize you're standing) before starting the charge of Aiming Shot to get the bonus. So, if you want to move while holding the Aiming Shot charge and still get the Standing Snipe bonus, you will have to use a few normal shots in-between.

Reia
Apr 8, 2013, 06:03 AM
You have to stand for one second (or however long it takes for the server to recognize you're standing) before starting the charge of Aiming Shot to get the bonus. So, if you want to move while holding the Aiming Shot charge and still get the Standing Snipe bonus, you will have to use a few normal shots in-between.

Well less than a second, if you stand still > fire a normal shot > jA Charged. Is all you need. Althought the question is if he could move while charging and nope. you have to stand still in the entire animation. I don't think Aiming Shot is specifically oriented to Rangers but Hunters that have problems reaching certain bosses parts. Hello Vardha!

Bellion
Apr 8, 2013, 06:16 AM
He will get the SS Bonus as long as he charges the Aiming Shot when he stands still for a while. If he moves while it charges, he'll still get the SS Bonus. You won't get the SS Bonus again for a fast second shot due to moving around for the first charge.

GALEFORCE
Apr 8, 2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info.

SS looks kind of situational for Aiming Shot. I might just hold off on it for now

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 8, 2013, 02:36 PM
aim shot is pointless with standing snipe. Go with additional bullet you'll thank me for telling you that

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 02:43 PM
Aiming Shot is great.

I mean, I'd love to be able to shoot Banther's heads with Additional Bullet, but it just isn't possible. :(

GALEFORCE
Apr 8, 2013, 04:13 PM
I'm not even sure what additional bullet is.. According to this drop table, it drops off a level 41 enemy, and I'm only 25 right now.

I'm doing fine with Thrillersplode + Aiming Shot right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing another pure shooting PA for slash.

Bellion
Apr 8, 2013, 04:17 PM
You're better off hunting it rather than buying it anyway. A lvl 11+ disc is not tradable and that is when you will notice a huge boost in damage with it. Lvl 10 and below should still be good at that level, though. Have fun with Banther Oran. :L

It basically starts with a kick that knocks enemies back when they are to close and you fire 3 fast shots that are pretty good in damage.

MetalDude
Apr 8, 2013, 04:22 PM
It also has the jankiest hitbox ever and tends to hit anything in a line within a fair distance. Do it in the air and it'll likely headshot all of them too.

GALEFORCE
Apr 9, 2013, 05:00 PM
I just bought a disc for like 210k. Felt like highway robbery at first, but wow. It's like I unlocked the secret easy mode.

It seems to do a bit less than thrillersplode, but the fact that I don't need to run into enemies to use it makes it so much easier to use. Aiming Shot is definitely still useful for certain things though.