PDA

View Full Version : Item Translation Project Thread [4/2Update] - Updated with latest content

Pages : [1] 2

AIDA
Apr 8, 2013, 08:36 AM
How to get it:

You'll need to use the PSO2 Tweaker to get it/use it.

Open the new PSO2 Tweaker (available here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248) and checkmark "Translate items".

Launch it with the PSO2 Tweaker, and the items should all be in english, along with some descriptions (The patch will be updated as more are added). There's bound to be some bugs and issues, so be sure to report them here! Also, a big thanks to MrTurkleton for giving us the idea (and some info!) in the first place!

Usage:

If you hold Control (Ctrl), it'll disable the translation as long as it's held. Also, if you Ctrl + C an item, it *should* still copy the JP text instead, so you can still search through shops! If you want the english text to be copied instead, hold control, tap shift once, then hit C and it'll copy the english text. :)

If you want to turn off the translation patch entirely, you can hit Ctrl + F1 to toggle, Ctrl + F2 to toggle the copy mode between english text and JP text, and Ctrl + F3 toggles search mode.

Please note that hitting Ctrl + F1 - F3 will trigger the shortcut if you have one saved in the first through third slots.

ALSO: You can now search for items by English names, sort of. Type the beginning
(or whole word) of what you're looking for in english, and then hit "P. Search". It'll (by default) bring up the item in JP first, then english. Click it, and it'll post the JP + English in the bar. simply delete the "|" and the english part so only the JP is left and hit search!

The "Check market" button DOES work with the patch, you just need to hold CTRL when you select it :)

DISCLAIMER:

As with any patch/modification/simply connecting to the server, there is no guarantee you will not get banned using this tool or the patches contained herein. The chance of you getting banned is the same as if you were only using the EN patch. It's a client side modification, so SEGA cannot currently detect it. You use this tool at your own risk, and as-is. Neither this tool, Arks-Layer, or PSOW or any affiliates are at fault if you do get banned. Thank you.

Credits:

Enjoy, and be sure to thank Raven0123, Variant, and arcnmx for all their hard work! A big shout out to Cirnopedia for the translations as well! \o/

With the newest patch supporting item descriptions, I'd also like to thank the Arkive staff, as we're using some of their item descriptions. It's a shame that the project was cancelled, but it will not be forgotten.

MrTurkleton
Apr 8, 2013, 12:25 PM
If you can get the dll able to do a simple scan so it can auto update itself each matainence then i can get you the pointer data needed. depending on how its programmed it will be easy to update. However there is a character limit so some names will get shortened. I think its 16 characters long if memory serves right. A simple check would prevent crashes. We can also look into decompressing the temp name file to see if that effects anything

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2013, 03:14 PM
Ah... Damn it, this means I have to help. I'll drop a PM when I get the chance, though I'm not sure how much help I can be.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 05:03 PM
I'd love to help, but I haven't worked in coding for about 16 years. I've forgotten just about everything I learned. Sorry =(

Pyrii
Apr 8, 2013, 05:24 PM
I'm good with both, feel free to ring me up if you need. Not sure I want to publicize my experience here tho :P

Yamishi
Apr 8, 2013, 11:00 PM
Drats.

This. This right here. This is why I wish I remembered ANY C++.

Drats.

MrTurkleton
Apr 8, 2013, 11:35 PM
Once the C programmers are in, i will be getting the raw pointer data. It will go without saying that there should be a bold warning about using this at your own risk since technicly its a ToS issue, then agian the other english patch and US players being on the server is a ToS as well but whos counting XD.

Edit: I wish i knew more than a little bit of lua and the very very tiny bit of VB i took in high school.

Edit2: Well the script i wrote still works after the last few updates. It's just a matter of getting the dll to reflect it... and trying to explain my really bad lua.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/zV2tG3g.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yamishi
Apr 9, 2013, 10:33 AM
Once the C programmers are in, i will be getting the raw pointer data. It will go without saying that there should be a bold warning about using this at your own risk since technicly its a ToS issue, then agian the other english patch and US players being on the server is a ToS as well but whos counting XD.

Edit: I wish i knew more than a little bit of lua and the very very tiny bit of VB i took in high school.

Edit2: Well the script i wrote still works after the last few updates. It's just a matter of getting the dll to reflect it... and trying to explain my really bad lua.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/zV2tG3g.png[/spoiler-box]

:D @ the picture.

You guys are going to put Sega of America out of business! :-P

Income Taxs
Apr 9, 2013, 11:39 AM
Seriously, if it takes you guys next to no time to translate shit, then A) Why isn't there a western release yet? and B) Who really NEEDS a western release/why work on one when they can just allow this by throwing their ToS out the door? Sega... why oh why can't your team be this good...

Gardios
Apr 9, 2013, 11:44 AM
Seriously, if it takes you guys next to no time to translate shit, then A) Why isn't there a western release yet?

"Because a localization encompasses more than just a translation."

—Gardios in like every topic ever

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 11:45 AM
Seriously, if it takes you guys next to no time to translate shit, then A) Why isn't there a western release yet? and B) Who really NEEDS a western release/why work on one when they can just allow this by throwing their ToS out the door? Sega... why oh why can't your team be this good...

Because there is much more to localization and setting up a separate server in another country/set of countries than translation.

You're asking why someone can't make a movie, since they already have the sets and script.

You need people, lots of people, you need hardware, you need marketing, you need money. This shit ain't free and it ain't fucking magic.

Shadowth117
Apr 9, 2013, 12:01 PM
Because there is much more to localization and setting up a separate server in another country/set of countries than translation.

You're asking why someone can't make a movie, since they already have the sets and script.

You need people, lots of people, you need hardware, you need marketing, you need money. This shit ain't free and it ain't fucking magic.

In all fairness, we haven't seen much of that in Western releases of the Phantasy Star series for the last few titles whatsoever.

MrTurkleton
Apr 9, 2013, 12:31 PM
So far its only item names, not even the descriptions. I think the descriptions might be held in another table possably. I just need to look deeper.

SZiadaN
Apr 9, 2013, 02:18 PM
AIDA, you saw that I answered you, right?

RedRaz0r
Apr 16, 2013, 02:52 PM
I have a question about using this patch.

When it's all ready to go, how will shop searching work? For example, if I get an item and want to price check it on player shops, I won't be able to search for the English name, will I? Will I have to go online and look up the Japanese name of the item anyways to be able to price check it?

EDIT: a bit off topic, but just wanted to point out AIDA that I love your name and your website is awesome. Huge .Hack fan here myself =]

Chik'Tikka
Apr 16, 2013, 02:56 PM
I've seen this before, i guess you can set up a table in CE to intercept data in the memory (item names sent from server) and change text to what you want in the table+^_^+ unfortunately, it would only work for like 5 minutes and could result in bans, considering CE, if you find a way to get this to work, you should try and find a way to keep users from using it for exploiting it+^_^+

EDIT; at above, could you use same method in reverse to send server proper data for shop searches and such??

EDIT 2; what's to keep constant changes in the server environment, such as item names, from suddenly making this not work?

RedRaz0r
Apr 16, 2013, 03:05 PM
We're not too sure of how it'll work out just yet - Everything is in the sort of "How does this work? Oh, like this!" phase for right now. Once I have a definite answer though, I'll post it here.

Thanks ;D I was actually part of the team that translated .hack//LINK as well, so this isn't my first rodeo. :3

As for the site, you can also check out http://www.thecrimsondevil.com/oldlook / http://www.thecrimsondevil.com/legacy (Never got past the first stages, replaced by the current look) / http://www.thecrimsondevil.com/defaced for the older versions of the site. It used to be www.keyoftwilight.com, but I lost the URL, and it would be like 200 dollars to get it back (Forget that!)

Oh damn you worked on that too? That's awesome! And I'll check out those links too, thanks!

Gama
Apr 16, 2013, 03:23 PM
Since we're not Sega of America and we like to keep our fans informed, thought I'd drop a quick update. Progress is coming slowly, but surely! We (and by "we", I mean "MrTurkleton") have made another important discovery! Another "proof-of-concept" shot:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/rHLdbgg.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

;D Thoughts?

As always, help is welcome! Anyone with knowledge of memory editing, pointers, or C++ is encouraged to send me a message ^^
still using CE for this i assume.

gameguard fails yet again its funny actually. most useless security in the world.

did you figure how to make a dll hook that gameguard dosent see?

Zyrusticae
Apr 16, 2013, 03:46 PM
Oh gawd

If you can manage to get this past GG...

Can you do the same for SweetFX?

'Cause I would worship the ground under your feet eternally if you could.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 16, 2013, 03:50 PM
still using CE for this i assume.

gameguard fails yet again its funny actually. most useless security in the world.

did you figure how to make a dll hook that gameguard dosent see?

i would very much like to know if this is true, such knowledge would help me to get rivatuner to hook+^_^+ it just don't wanna hook and i like that OSD a lot+^_^+

Zipzo
Apr 16, 2013, 07:39 PM

For once...I agree with everything Gigawuts has said here to the point where all I can do is just point at this point.

Azusa
Apr 16, 2013, 07:43 PM
This was would be extremely awesome if you could do this.
I am just happy that the options and other stuff is translated so I actually know what is what. :o

Zorafim
Apr 16, 2013, 08:01 PM

The funny thing is, you need all those things for what we're giving for free. At the rate our translators and coders are going, by the time an english release is, erm, released, we won't be given anything we don't already have. In fact, I'd say the quality of life will be lower if one uses that version.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 16, 2013, 08:18 PM
The funny thing is, you need all those things for what we're giving for free. At the rate our translators and coders are going, by the time an english release is, erm, released, we won't be given anything we don't already have. In fact, I'd say the quality of life will be lower if one uses that version.

*remembers PSU translation for FOmarl wear to Formal Wear*

+^_^+

blace
Apr 16, 2013, 08:22 PM

The only thing given is the translation. Regional support, hardware and localization are not.

Skynigh
Apr 27, 2013, 02:10 AM
So I'm assuming that the item details are server side?

Aquayoshi
Apr 27, 2013, 04:46 AM
So I'm assuming that the item details are server side?

Yes, they are server-side. If they were client-side, then it'd be a whole lot easier to translate them; in fact, they'd be translated already. :P

Chou-Chou
Jul 10, 2013, 02:12 PM
I would be fine with just the item names translated, is it possible to roll out a patch for that now?

Gigafreak
Jul 10, 2013, 05:08 PM
I would be fine with just the item names translated, is it possible to roll out a patch for that now?

Pretty sure the issue is the hacking, not the translating. The Japanese text information isn't stored on your hard drive like the stuff we already have translation patches for. It comes straight from the PSO2 game servers every time you look at an item; ever notice the short delay between pointing at an item and its description appearing? That's the server sending you the info every time. To translate that, you need to do a live memory-edit, but that usually triggers GameGuard to shut you down...

Chou-Chou
Jul 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure the issue is the hacking, not the translating. The Japanese text information isn't stored on your hard drive like the stuff we already have translation patches for. It comes straight from the PSO2 game servers every time you look at an item; ever notice the short delay between pointing at an item and its description appearing? That's the server sending you the info every time. To translate that, you need to do a live memory-edit, but that usually triggers GameGuard to shut you down...

I see, so we are just going to have to wait for an NA/EU release in order for a proper translation of the entire game, in the mean time I am fine with what has already been/going to be translated.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2013, 10:48 PM
We can translate the item names in-game, the patch just needs to be fixed up and made "bug-free" before we can release it.

ooo that's excellent+^_^+ are you re-writing item names as they are called in memory?? and if so, how much of a barrier has GameGuard been? +^_^+

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2013, 05:37 AM
Well let's hope it doesn't break horribly every patch cycle :L

SnowfoxZero
Jul 11, 2013, 07:23 AM

Gameguard is easily bypassed with a certain program. And a table could easily be built to automatically replace item names. The problem with this program is once it has bypassed gameguard, the user is free to do as he or she pleases. Using any sort of trainer/live edit for said program would give the ability to modify the game to anyone using it.

In such high numbers it would undoubtedly become a problem and may lead to Sega enforcing their ToS and banning/region blocking all non-Japanese players.

Creating a program from scratch that won't have the ability to change anything other than text and won't be detected by gameguard is something that won't likely happen unless certain counter measures and routines are built in like aforementioned program has. Otherwise gameguard could easily specifically block it.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
Gameguard is being a ridiculous pain like you wouldn't believe. Ughhhhhh~

well, just be careful how any bypasses you create are distributed, i don't wanna revisit last July+^_^+

Zyrusticae
Jul 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
All I really want is some way to use SweetFX without Gameguard throwing a hissy fit.

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter...

Chik'Tikka
Jul 11, 2013, 03:44 PM
All I really want is some way to use SweetFX without Gameguard throwing a hissy fit.

Grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter...

I recall AIDA mentioning that if the item translation thing went smoothly that she'd look into SweetFX and other programs that GG blocks+^_^+

EDIT: found it+^_^+

As for Rivaturner and SweetFX, perhaps we could take a look after the DLL is done and over with. No promises, though.

Gama
Jul 11, 2013, 03:50 PM
Guys be patient about this. its clearly complex and aida is already busy doing godlike support on the tweaker.

KazukiQZ
Jul 11, 2013, 04:44 PM
Do you guys happen to know the way to copy the name of items in PSO2? So, that I can translate it using google translate. Currently, I don't really know the way to do that and the traditional Ctr+C did not work either :/

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ctrl+C works if you have the item "selected." Now, that can be hard to tell sometimes. Try clicking on the item first (and then hitting escape to back out of the options menu that pops up), or navigating to it with the arrow keys.

The main issue with this is the bank. It defaults to display the items in your free storage, and you can hover over it, but you haven't actually selected which storage you want to navigate so it doesn't work. Click the free storage on the left first, then try.

SnowfoxZero
Jul 11, 2013, 06:27 PM
Not anymore.

And yeah, any bypass we make will have countermeasures for cheating and the like.

The 64 bit bypass that was "on the snowfox site" doesn't work anymore, but it can still be easily bypassed.

PM'd you about it since posting would definitely get me banned here. While what I sent is for a different game, you can apply very similar principles for pso2, hopefully it helps you guys out.

Padium
Jul 18, 2013, 02:27 PM
I have some friends who are interested in the game and are compsci students or grads from/at the university I attend. I'll see if any of them would be interested in lending a hand when they have the spare time. Anything I can do to help personally, I'd gladly volunteer, although all I can really offer is my subpar Japanese skills.

darkwraith007
Jul 31, 2013, 03:21 PM
This looks fantastic so far :)
So much for the old 'item names are serverside sorry trololol' excuse that other people had been parading around.

I'm pretty sure there was a google spreadsheet with full translations for every item and spell in the game. If anyone can link it here and also poke AIDA with the info, it might help speed things along.

Crevox
Jul 31, 2013, 04:58 PM
So much for the old 'item names are serverside sorry trololol' excuse that other people had been parading around.

The item names ARE serverside. They aren't stored locally and are sent to the client as you play. But, like anything, they are stored in memory, and memory can be modified during execution.

Anyways, I'm a grad student in computer science. I've done english translations (Tales of Graces + Narikiri Dungeon X) in the past, but I doubt you need any more help (and my knowledge is still limited).

Variant
Jul 31, 2013, 05:18 PM
The data is loaded from the server, it's stored in an encrypted client-side cache (it is stored locally, as weird as that may seem), and there's also lua files that control the structure of the item tables. These are all loaded into the EXEs memory at start-up. Problem is, the client isn't that easy to get information from, and GG doesn't make it any easier.

I'm not sure if the descriptions are stored client-side tbh.

Crevox, if you're interested in helping and know low level stuff/DLL injection you should PM AIDA.

MeruAmura
Jul 31, 2013, 05:24 PM
I can't Code but I can Hirigana-English on some items if need be.

Gama
Jul 31, 2013, 05:29 PM
may i sugest something? might be cool, might be stupid.

overlay app.

so lets say you select a weapon, and ctrl+C it

a pop up shows up with the info on it

Name/desctription
Grind values
who drops it

i know overlay is possible since the log translator works this way.

it could be a non invasive way to help us with certain items.

Variant
Jul 31, 2013, 05:39 PM
may i sugest something? might be cool, might be stupid.

overlay app.

so lets say you select a weapon, and ctrl+C it

a pop up shows up with the info on it

Name/desctription
Grind values
who drops it

i know overlay is possible since the log translator works this way.

it could be a non incasive way to help us with certain items.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211130

I've used the app, it's pretty neat. If it kept a cache/had a pre-loaded updateable database that'd be nice, but for a RC1 it's pretty decent.

Suggest the overlay thing, it's open source so someone might take it up.

Gama
Jul 31, 2013, 05:41 PM
oh ._.

i was imagining something like this but a bit more inuitive, should i make a mockup to better explain myself.

altho its basically what arcnmx made already. but with a twist!

liek

[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8169566/Pso_Skins/maybe.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

maybe i should share this on arcnmx's topic. ._.

darkwraith007
Jul 31, 2013, 07:15 PM
The unfortunate implication with the 'overlay' app thing is twofold.
-Time, as in time for the popup to appear (unless you set it to appear instantly)
-Screen real estate aka the extra space on your screen that needs to be used for something like this instead of just having it right there in the translated language.

I'd rather wait for the DLL version rather than this overlay thing, but it can be an interesting option if need be.
In all honesty, if the community is STILL worried about GameGuard, they may want to note that anyone that can hack the game has already done so (and botting and massive amounts of afk-item/money collecting).
I remember posts back when the first 'UI translation patch' was being done on PSU Mods about how people were making their own private groups to do nothing but take a full group of bots and spam rockets at specific points in all directions. One of the players even SS'd the botters and had it posted to the forum.

Disabling or getting rid of GameGuard wouldn't be a huge loss. It has caused way more issues than it fixes. SEGA might not be happy, but they're the ones sitting around twiddling their thumbs with a VITA version while the NA release is postponed indefinitely. A simple search on YT or your favorite search engine will show dozens of results on how to bypass GameGuard and hack away freely. If people wanted to do so then they already have the means to do it.

I admire the conviction of the people who want to do this the 'right' way and not bypass GameGuard. Kudos to all of you. Lets just hope the implementation works out well.

Gama
Jul 31, 2013, 07:34 PM
i proposed this as a alternative. id rather have it ingame aswell.

Gama
Jul 31, 2013, 09:19 PM
I might throw something like this in the Tweaker eventually (crediting arcnmx, of course)

*wiggles arms*

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 31, 2013, 09:20 PM
Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

No? D:

Gama
Jul 31, 2013, 09:24 PM
D:

*still wiggling arms*

Chik'Tikka
Jul 31, 2013, 11:48 PM
I might throw something like this in the Tweaker eventually (crediting arcnmx, of course)

we all understand that with EP2's 5GB update, and all the issues with dropbox etc. that your plate is a little full right now, but i too would rather have a DLL version as if such a method is found to be stable and undetectable then that would mean we could "white-list" certain apps past GG like SweetFX, Rivatuner and others that enhance game play without affecting the game itself+^_^+ (remembers cel shaded PSO2 last year) +^_^+

anyway, my point is, take your time, focus on maintaining what already works and catching up with EP2 (Tweaker, Story Patch, etc.) and don't overburden yourself or the others working on this project, we as a community, are inherently patient+^_^+ from the bottom of my heart i thank you AIDA and everyone else involved for even showing an interest when you could be using those same skills to do something half as hard for oodles of money somewhere (then being laid players focused on getting that high dmg record)+^_^+

Scarlet-Star
Aug 2, 2013, 02:28 PM
I had an introductory course to C++ and Visual Basic, but I don't think I'd be up to the job, sadly, I wish I could say I'm taking a advanced class this year but my school doesn't have one and it can't really afford it.

deahamlet
Aug 2, 2013, 02:56 PM
Just FYI - We (and by we, I mean Variant, Rogue, and arcnmx) made some good progress today! The project is NOT dead, and is still being worked on as we speak :)

*squee*

That is all.

Raven0123
Aug 2, 2013, 03:43 PM
Just FYI - We (and by we, I mean Variant, Rogue, and arcnmx) made some good progress today! The project is NOT dead, and is still being worked on as we speak :)

Gahhh! You spelt my name wrong! Lol :O

Niris
Aug 2, 2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90TzDXjWTdo

So happy I need to dance!

Neferpitou
Aug 3, 2013, 06:14 AM
I'm using SweetFX and it works for me. I don't understand why other people are saying it doesn't?

Shinamori
Aug 3, 2013, 06:21 AM
SweetFX?

Chik'Tikka
Aug 3, 2013, 01:30 PM
I'm using SweetFX and it works for me. I don't understand why other people are saying it doesn't?

are you using the built in SweetFX on a radeon card?? or the 3rd party program Nvidia users have to use?? the 3rd party program Nvidia uses uses an injection method to apply post processing shader effects, which GG doesn't like much, Radeon's built in version is essentially driver controlled so GG ignores it+^_^+

Maenara
Aug 5, 2013, 01:19 AM
How long til it's ready at this point?

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2013, 01:21 AM
You guys ready to flip? You ready? I don't think you're ready.

Item Translation Patch Internal Video [8/5]2013] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQjcuOP5DY&hd=1)

*drops the mic and walks off*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6142ap3yB1r23jrco1_250.gif

Maronji
Aug 5, 2013, 01:22 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]Item Translation Patch Internal Video [8/5]2013] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQjcuOP5DY&hd=1)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

*removes sunglasses*

Mother of god.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 5, 2013, 01:24 AM
Ew you have the ratbunny suit

AlaskanKactus
Aug 5, 2013, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the update AIDA.

Now I'm extremely jealous :3

Yamishi
Aug 5, 2013, 01:41 AM

Item Translation Patch Internal Video [8/5]2013] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQjcuOP5DY&hd=1)

I AM FLIPPING.

Coatl
Aug 5, 2013, 01:58 AM
*removes sunglasses*

Mother of god.

http://img.mu.cdn.li/Ao/600/xqefEH.jpg

Maenara
Aug 5, 2013, 02:02 AM
Ew you have the ratbunny suit

You're just jealous.

musicmf
Aug 5, 2013, 02:05 AM
Wow, that looks pretty good.

Four questions about this though;

1) What will Ctrl+C do to the items with this? Copy the translated text, or the original JP text?
2) What do you search the Item Shop for? Translated item names like how the En Patch makes us search for translated affix? Or do we search the JP names still?
3) Will this be applied just by copying files over (doubtful), or do we need to use an external program (DLL injecting?)? If the latter, do you think you'll attempt to find Tweaker support for this?
4) Probably most importantly, how likely is it to get a ban for something like this? Do you feel that it's a huge gameguard bypass so Sega will easily notice and take action? Or does this work pretty discretely, and it would draw only as much attention as the En/Large/Story patches?

Gama
Aug 5, 2013, 02:18 AM
just to express what i am feeling right now.

http://media.tumblr.com/73db98f98e39e0e69cd4311e81978fa5/tumblr_inline_mfnw5gCxl11r1oxl6.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/983dfd6aa84f967dd940071b11a32f91/tumblr_mgidn6jJDu1r2z7n1o1_400.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/871077f6830726fec33a94ead171517d/tumblr_mmzs3vlNqi1sr3b56o9_r1_400.gif

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 5, 2013, 02:26 AM
I asked AIDA on Skype
Ctrl+C copies original text
Still have to item search in japanese.

Kion
Aug 5, 2013, 02:34 AM

Oh shiiiiiiiiii-
http://i.imgur.com/2CF7MSm.gif

Gama
Aug 5, 2013, 02:36 AM
I asked AIDA on Skype
Ctrl+C copies original text
Still have to item search in japanese.

that makes sense.

this means that the search data, and copy data is separated from the displayed data.

"i think"

so i would guess the injector "if it is one" would need to also replace that kind of info,
and also be able to turn english names to japanese names and then alow the game to
send them to the server, then get the info back and translate it to english again.

so what has been show to us is:

Game has an item called モノメイト

so the thingi aida made turns モノメイト into Monomate before the info reached the game

so the game instead of displaying モノメイト displays Monomate.

this is already complex by itself, and pretty amazing "cmon theres so manny items"

imagine adding shop functions.

Maenara
Aug 5, 2013, 02:42 AM
3) Will this be applied just by copying files over (doubtful), or do we need to use an external program (DLL injecting?)? If the latter, do you think you'll attempt to find Tweaker support for this?

Needs to be external program. AIDA says it'll be integrated into her tweaker.

Jazneo
Aug 5, 2013, 02:47 AM
Cool i hope get release soon

Raven0123
Aug 5, 2013, 03:01 AM
that makes sense.

this means that the search data, and copy data is separated from the displayed data.

"i think"

so i would guess the injector "if it is one" would need to also replace that kind of info,
and also be able to turn english names to japanese names and then alow the game to
send them to the server, then get the info back and translate it to english again.

so what has been show to us is:

Game has an item called モノメイト

so the thingi aida made turns モノメイト into Monomate before the info reached the game

so the game instead of displaying モノメイト displays Monomate.

this is already complex by itself, and pretty amazing "cmon theres so manny items"

imagine adding shop functions.

Well that isn't true. When you Ctrl+C it copies the translated name. We will be making it copy the original name.

Gama
Aug 5, 2013, 03:02 AM
ah i see :3

im just guessing here :p

Variant
Aug 5, 2013, 03:04 AM
FWIW, when AIDA asked us, we were already working on a method to have ctrl revert to the old japanese text, so that's why she said it'd be the japanese text copied.

SEGA's search still scans serverside (aka, the japanese item information), but copying it with the english text will copy the english text.

Honestly, it's totally possible to provide 2 versions that'll allow copying to be JP text or EN text.

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 03:05 AM
>Alva
>Aristin

Variant
Aug 5, 2013, 03:10 AM
Wow, that looks pretty good.

Four questions about this though;

1) What will Ctrl+C do to the items with this? Copy the translated text, or the original JP text?
2) What do you search the Item Shop for? Translated item names like how the En Patch makes us search for translated affix? Or do we search the JP names still?
4) Probably most importantly, how likely is it to get a ban for something like this? Do you feel that it's a huge gameguard bypass so Sega will easily notice and take action? Or does this work pretty discretely, and it would draw only as much attention as the En/Large/Story patches?

1.) CTRL+C will (by default) pull from the translated item table, so the text will be english. However, we've got a method to reverse that so it can be JP too.
2.) Japanese text, the search is still server side.
3.) It'll require Tweaker, we've already got a plan for this (and hopefully it'll retain steam integration too).
4.) Honestly, no idea. This isn't of the same nature as the other patches by a long shot (else, it would've been done already, and with a lot less effort). This method doesn't inherently do anything gamebreaking, but as it is, we're already well past the point of violating the TOS (by playing foreign). Also, AFAIK, SEGA can't detect it, and GG doesn't write home.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2013, 05:17 AM
hmm.... glad to see this coming along+^_^+ been looking forward to it since that one pic last year some guy posted using cheat engine and a table to edit memory values on the fly for about 10 items+^_^+

EDIT: found pic, AIDA here was the one that posted it, forgot that!!+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/S6cURjJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's over.

now... make your program backwards so English text gets translated to Japanese for item searches!!+^_^+

Valevo
Aug 5, 2013, 06:35 AM
Definitely looking forward to this!! Thank you Aida for all the time you've put into PSO 2!!

Patmaster
Aug 5, 2013, 06:59 AM
Great work there AIDA. SEGA should actually hire you for the international release. :D

Arcypher
Aug 5, 2013, 07:24 AM
Amazing work, AIDA! We are almost at a full translation, thanks to your hard work.

Now, I wonder, how many times did G. Guard throw a hissy fit while trying to apply the patch...?

EvilMag
Aug 5, 2013, 07:27 AM
So wait this means....you found a bypass for gameguard?

Variant
Aug 5, 2013, 07:52 AM
now... make your program backwards so English text gets translated to Japanese for item searches!!+^_^+

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=166904426

Done.

And it's 6 AM, I'm off to bed, maybe we'll figure out item descriptions tomorrow, maybe not, they're way more annoying than item names.

Edit:

Hitting ctrl+b switches it to use english text instead too, for those of you who want to copy the english text. Saves us the trouble of releasing two different versions.

Now, I wonder, how many times did G. Guard throw a hissy fit while trying to apply the patch...?

It doesn't care about the patch, it slowed us down from getting the information needed to make it.

So wait this means....you found a bypass for gameguard?

No. GG is still there.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 5, 2013, 11:12 AM
Great work there AIDA. SEGA should actually hire you for the international release. :D

None of this, ok?

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2013, 11:21 AM
...Please tell me this works for SweetFX too, and I will have your babies.

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2013, 11:53 AM
...Please tell me this works for SweetFX too, and I will have your babies.

Indeed. Put compatibility for this in too: https://code.google.com/p/texmod/wiki/uMod

and well... :3

UnLucky
Aug 5, 2013, 03:47 PM

Why does the search use the translated affix names?

Variant
Aug 5, 2013, 04:24 PM
Why does the search use the translated affix names?

Just a guess, but it's possible that the game pulls everything with the filters you've selected based on how the data is on the server (e.g. japanese name on the server, number of slots, etc...), and then the CLIENT filters out search results further based on the affixes (which don't necessarily have to correspond with something serverside).

Remember, just a guess, maybe someone who worked on that'll know better.

Note that the P. Search button next to item names also brings up a list in English, but you have to search the shops for a japanese name, weird huh? It just means the client has a lot of data stored in it/relies on it a lot, and the server tries not to send all the time (though it does stream a lot of data over... like item descriptions).

Feggge
Aug 5, 2013, 05:15 PM
This is AWESOME! Just sayin...

darkwraith007
Aug 5, 2013, 05:44 PM
Everyone, please be VERY careful of what links/information you post in here. We wanna make sure we don't set off the PSU-Mod alarms. :P

That said, this is FANTASTIC work and I look forward to being able to try it out in-game!
I'd love it if all the items appeared as English but we copy the item and paste it as Japanese text to do a search.
Would be so much easier if they just had a central universal auction house type setup. >_>

Kion
Aug 5, 2013, 06:12 PM
Got a chance to test the pre-release.

[spoiler-box]
http://arks-layer.com/story/dll.png
[/spoiler-box]

Have to say I'm incredibly impressed. GG Segac.

Zipzo
Aug 5, 2013, 06:17 PM
Is there anything major this affects aside from simply the names of items in your inventory? I see this as being pretty beneficial for quest items but I don't see the names of items other than those being a major road block for anyone playing the game with at least your basic english patch.

I'm just bouncing questions, not denying the obvious and clearly positive advancement of your translation work.

Variant
Aug 5, 2013, 06:27 PM
Is there anything major this affects aside from simply the names of items in your inventory? I see this as being pretty beneficial for quest items but I don't see the names of items other than those being a major road block for anyone playing the game with at least your basic english patch.

I'm just bouncing questions, not denying the obvious and clearly positive advancement of your translation work.

Short answer, no, it's just item names. Descriptions are a totally different monster.

To be honest though, playing with it on is a lifesaver. I can finally start ignoring the useless discs that I have duplicates of :P

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 5, 2013, 06:30 PM
You save discs?

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 06:43 PM
Got a chance to test the pre-release.

[spoiler-box]
http://arks-layer.com/story/dll.png
[/spoiler-box]

Have to say I'm incredibly impressed. GG Segac.

Probably should consider to shorten that EXP Gained +50% name.

musicmf
Aug 5, 2013, 07:17 PM
Short answer, no, it's just item names. Descriptions are a totally different monster.

To be honest though, playing with it on is a lifesaver. I can finally start ignoring the useless discs that I have duplicates of :P

What do you mean by "a totally different monster"?

Is it that you cannot currently do descriptions, so you need to find a way to work with them before you can begin adding them?
Or is it that there is just a whole lot more text associated with them, thus it would be much more time consuming?

If the latter, then I suggest only focusing on the consumable items and such (http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/others_1.php#nav)first. Since they actually have an effect, it can be handy to know what the description says for them. (Even though anyone playing the game already knows what they all do)
Knowing that Monomate "Restores 30% HP" is probably much more important than knowing that "Breaker" is an "Arks standard issue great sword. Photon output is enhanced and blocking ability is increased, but it requires some amount of skill to use."

Also, why would you have duplicate discs? XD;;
In your inventory/storage, it is obvious when you have many items with the same name.
On the field, you can see the name of the disc either White/Usable (meaning it's higher level than your currently learned) or Grey/Unusable (meaning it's equal or lower level than what you know). This way you just don't pick up any old-discs, unless they have value like NaMegid.

Kion
Aug 5, 2013, 07:58 PM
You save discs?

Making a dex mag.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 5, 2013, 08:00 PM
Ah, I see

Shinamori
Aug 5, 2013, 08:44 PM
So, how does this work? Is it an injection or what?

Freshellent
Aug 5, 2013, 09:16 PM
This is still pretty fuxin' ballin'. Thank you AIDA and crew!

DoubleCannon
Aug 5, 2013, 09:21 PM
O...M..G I can't friggin wait until this is released! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

PokeminMaster
Aug 5, 2013, 09:23 PM
This is seriously amazing!
The work AIDA and all those other translators do is certainly impressive, and I'm glad there are people out there willing to help out fans like me who can't do anything with code! :3

The Walrus
Aug 5, 2013, 09:29 PM
Can I have your guys babies?

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 09:32 PM
This is seriously amazing!
The work AIDA and all those other translators do is certainly impressive, and I'm glad there are people out there willing to help out fans like me who can't do anything with code! :3
Yeah Google Translator is awesome and the other translators.

The Walrus
Aug 5, 2013, 09:54 PM
How much more do you have to do before it's ready for release anyway?

Variant
Aug 5, 2013, 09:54 PM
What do you mean by "a totally different monster"?

Is it that you cannot currently do descriptions, so you need to find a way to work with them before you can begin adding them?
Or is it that there is just a whole lot more text associated with them, thus it would be much more time consuming?

Also, why would you have duplicate discs? XD;;
In your inventory/storage, it is obvious when you have many items with the same name.
On the field, you can see the name of the disc either White/Usable (meaning it's higher level than your currently learned) or Grey/Unusable (meaning it's equal or lower level than what you know). This way you just don't pick up any old-discs, unless they have value like NaMegid.

Descriptions aren't stored in a structure like items are, they're streamed in with all the other data SEGA sends, so it gets mixed up with a bunch of stuff, but maybe I'm just being misled by SEGA, I'm still looking into it. So it's not the same as how items were dealt with.

High level (11+) tech disks I can't use yet (casts don't have much T-ATK) btw. I always pick them up and save them just in case I want to go FOcast for some reason. You never know when it'll come in handy!

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 10:04 PM
Not sure what you're implying here, since none of us use google translate. Please, take your rude posts elsewhere. Thanks!

Oh yeah, you just took Lord Phazor's Translations from cirnopedia and didn't give credit.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2013, 10:07 PM
Oh yeah, you just took Lord Phazor's Translations from cirnopedia and didn't give credit.

All the items are in Katakana. ._. It's not that hard to translate them.

EDIT: To rephrase, how would you even know someone took the item names from somewhere else?

~Aya~
Aug 5, 2013, 10:10 PM
In case you didn't notice, it's not even out yet. Credit will be given when it's released.

Seriously, people like you are the reason people like me say "Why do I even bother?".

This all sounds very familiar~

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 10:12 PM
All the items are in Katakana. ._. It's not that hard to translate them.

EDIT: To rephrase, how would you even know someone took the item names from somewhere else?

Alva..

MetalDude
Aug 5, 2013, 10:13 PM

>Sees real progress on getting item names translated a year after the game's been released

>Behaves like a massive dick even in light of how simple translating names is

Yeah ok, please go somewhere else.

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 10:15 PM
In case you didn't notice, it's not even out yet. Credit will be given when it's released.

Seriously, people like you are the reason people like me say "Why do I even bother?".

I'll quote you from your youtube descriptions

"Credit for all the hard work goes to Raven0123, Variant, and arcnmx! :D Give them some thanks on the forums!"

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2013, 10:16 PM
Alva..

I'm pretty sure the V/B thing is common in a lot of japanese to english translations anyone could have translated it like that...

I'll quote you from your youtube descriptions

"Credit for all the hard work goes to Raven0123, Variant, and arcnmx! :D Give them some thanks on the forums!"

I'm pretty sure she's giving credit for making the patch work without Game Guard butting in, not the translations... You realize that was the whole point right?

MetalDude
Aug 5, 2013, 10:16 PM
I'm seriously not seeing the issue.

Tcrusader51
Aug 5, 2013, 10:19 PM
Forgive me if this already been answered. When this releases, how will item searching (say for player shops) work out? Will we still need to use it's japanese characters for them to be recognized or have you guys figured away for the translated name to be used?

Freshellent
Aug 5, 2013, 10:21 PM
I'm gonna say item searching will remain the same. It's just how it's displayed, not how it functions. So, JP characters to search, but will show up as EN.

Lostbob117
Aug 5, 2013, 10:23 PM
And when it's released, and we make the final decision to use Cirno's tables in the final product, we'll give credit.

Since you're clearly here to just troll, I'll just go ahead and report the rest of your posts and won't bother responding to them. Have a nice day! ^^

So I wonder, why do you ignore all the stuff I do that is to help YOU out. When I say something that obviously isn't helping you, you reply. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3000790#post3000790)

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2013, 10:31 PM
AIDA, ignore the trolls+^_^+ if i somehow win or get a munch of money, imma buy you all like quad sli setups+^_^+ though that won't likely happen, still the thought+^_^+

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 5, 2013, 10:33 PM
If yall want real trollin I got my MC Hammer images ready

UnLucky
Aug 5, 2013, 11:15 PM
All of this is correct.

I wonder if it's then possible to intercept the filter query to inject your own

As in, you could type in "Fang Soul, Shoot III" and it will filter all the items the server found with both of those affixes.

I mean, it would be no extra strain on the server this way, and it couldn't even tell the difference since you fetch the same data anyway. Wonder if it's even possible, or if it's too deeply rooted in the client.

AlphaDragoon
Aug 5, 2013, 11:36 PM
Wow, awesome. Can't wait to use that in-game, thanks a lot.

Variant
Aug 6, 2013, 01:20 AM
I wonder if it's then possible to intercept the filter query to inject your own

As in, you could type in "Fang Soul, Shoot III" and it will filter all the items the server found with both of those affixes.

I mean, it would be no extra strain on the server this way, and it couldn't even tell the difference since you fetch the same data anyway. Wonder if it's even possible, or if it's too deeply rooted in the client.

Search queries are probably setup in an array, and the ability area is probably a single string. So you'd have to parse that string before sending it to the server (sending multiple requests, btw), and then merge all the returned data together. I can tell you right now that the client is packed, and so editing it at all is pretty difficult. Not gonna say it's impossible though.

You'd also have to figure out how the packets are translated between the server and client for that (but that probably isn't too bad). Eh... Honestly that's just a feature SEGA needs to add, and I'm sure they will, JPs must be really sad about it too.

Maenara
Aug 6, 2013, 06:21 AM
Hawt.

arcnmx
Aug 6, 2013, 07:10 AM
Oh it launched, guess I'll disappear for the day and deal with the hundreds of problems that come up later tonight :D

(srsly though, enjoy, hopefully it works as smoothly for all of you as it does for us!)

Gigafreak
Aug 6, 2013, 07:22 AM
The names for the 2- and 3- star weapons made me wonder...

D'you think they might be corruptions of "Alpha" and "Beta?"

It'd match the astronomical theme (Stars' names are often affixed with a greek letter-- the closest star to our sun is Alpha Centauri, for example), and we've already got weapons named Lambda.

Still, those katakana definitely don't say Alpha and Beta... just something very close. It's hard to be sure when Sega itself is inconsistent with its own Phantasy Star translations (Peloriemate, no, Burger, no, Perolymate! Dark Phallus, no, Darkfalz, no, Dark Force, no, Dark Falz! Kepler Suit, with a description that makes it sound like a Kevlar suit! Rudy, no, Chaz! Lyla, no, Alys!).

Sega, why are you so silly.

electrolytes
Aug 6, 2013, 07:28 AM
Alright, I've got it up in running, and it works great, though of course not everything is translated yet. Excellent job to everyone behind this.

I'll bet that (among users of this patch) shortcut functionality will still be used much more frequently than the patch toggles, so if there's any way you can change them to something that doesn't (to my knowledge) overlap like Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End, or even something like Ctrl+F11/12, that'd be great.

Maronji
Aug 6, 2013, 07:39 AM
Alright, I've got it up in running, and it works great, though of course not everything is translated yet.

Well, it feels like a combination of that and things not translating right away. For example, when I looked at Amelin's CO list, the item reward names weren't translated when I initially opened the list, but after about half a minute, the names finally translated themselves.

On the other hand, Rare Drop Boost 75% and Half Doll didn't seem to want to translate at all.

But other than that, it's working nicely. Kind of a mind-screw to see the project finally bear fruit, but it's the good kind of mind-screw (is there such a thing?).

SZiadaN
Aug 6, 2013, 08:01 AM
Will I get banned?!:

The chance of you getting banned is the same as if you were only using the EN patch. It's a client side modification, so SEGA cannot currently detect it.

Just so you guys know, GG doesn't care what your DLL do. The chance of getting banned by using your DLL is the same as the chance of getting banned while using my hack trainer. With the exception that hackers can also get banned from reports.

Thought everyone should know at least that much before they use this.
Either way, good job on getting this done. I actually thought you guys dropped this project ^^

jooozek
Aug 6, 2013, 08:02 AM
gotta say, i'm impressed

Macman
Aug 6, 2013, 08:15 AM
Alright folks, here it is at long last - The Item translation patch! You'll need to use the PSO2 Tweaker to get it/use it.
Feh. Not worth it to lose my Steam Overlay.

EvilMag
Aug 6, 2013, 08:24 AM
Question regarding the patch. If I use the <t> macros on weapons on the ground, will the message be in english?

Also is there a way to restore the files in case I want to go back to JP names?

EDIT: I'm blind.

Shirokami
Aug 6, 2013, 08:53 AM
Just so you guys know, GG doesn't care what your DLL do. The chance of getting banned by using your DLL is the same as the chance of getting banned while using my hack trainer. With the exception that hackers can also get banned from reports.

Thought everyone should know at least that much before they use this.
Either way, good job on getting this done. I actually thought you guys dropped this project ^^

If Sziadan says so then it has Sziadan's seal of guarantee.
Yeah, the seal is worth it.
DLing~
AIDA, how can you be so... I'd marry you.

Shinamori
Aug 6, 2013, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna wait and see how this pans out to use it. I'm still a bit skeptical.

Shirokami
Aug 6, 2013, 09:00 AM
Well, I noticed something... Strange? I could say while browsing the visiphone.
I haven't seen this yet being reported (Sorry if it did and skipped it) so, here:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2qjkot5.jpg

EvilMag
Aug 6, 2013, 09:03 AM
Tried this out on my ship 10 account and see if <t> does broadcast the english name. It does.
[spoiler-box]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/924/alfv.png[/spoiler-box]

isCasted
Aug 6, 2013, 09:06 AM
I can only say how incredibly well this works even in "extremely experimental" state. And that thing you did with player shop search...

I am really grateful for this and everything you did to keep this game open for international community.

electrolytes
Aug 6, 2013, 09:18 AM

I noticed that in several shops as well. I'm guessing that it's part how the patch functions - it takes some time to start loading English names into memory, and the Japanese names are displayed before it starts/finishes doing that. Closing and reopening (refreshing the display to match the newly-loaded names in memory) worked for me in several cases.

Wolf_Asari
Aug 6, 2013, 09:18 AM
I haven't seen this yet being reported (Sorry if it did and skipped it) so, here:
[spoiler-box]IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2qjkot5.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler-box]

It does not happen to me, even if I refresh the same item name.

EvilMag
Aug 6, 2013, 09:20 AM
Bug when switching from English names to Japanese. I decided to switch to Japanese name and it told me my 75% exp ticket I was still using expired. (Yes even in the campship) and its still on though.
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img69/8629/o56w.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img836/9181/kqmm.png[/spoiler-box]

dalc789
Aug 6, 2013, 09:44 AM
This is really amazing. Definitely gonna try this.

But I'd like to know, is it possible to get the item translation working through steam? I'd really like to keep the overlay.

darkfalz16
Aug 6, 2013, 12:00 PM
its not even working to any degree for me for some reason

Raven0123
Aug 6, 2013, 12:17 PM
its not even working to any degree for me for some reason

If your using the command line -item, it doesn't seem to be working. It may just be because I'm trying to launch it with steam but idk :P

How are you running the game?

darkfalz16
Aug 6, 2013, 02:36 PM
the normal launcher

Variant
Aug 6, 2013, 03:24 PM
I noticed that in several shops as well. I'm guessing that it's part how the patch functions - it takes some time to start loading English names into memory, and the Japanese names are displayed before it starts/finishes doing that. Closing and reopening (refreshing the display to match the newly-loaded names in memory) worked for me in several cases.

's cause the table isn't updated yet. When you see items you haven't seen, it's pretty much just adding new ones, and then those need to be translated.

gravityvx
Aug 6, 2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the hard work on this, you pretty much just sold a bunch of friends of mine on deciding to play this now that items are translated.

KT <3
Aug 6, 2013, 03:41 PM
How exactly do I run the game with the item patch through Steam?

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2013, 03:48 PM
I just wanna say that I really appreciate what you guys are doing~ Keep up the good work. :D

Chdata
Aug 6, 2013, 03:56 PM
If an option to download the patch without having to use Tweaker comes available, I'll try it out.

Variant
Aug 6, 2013, 04:32 PM
How exactly do I run the game with the item patch through Steam?

I asked AIDA to add command line options to Tweaker so it could directly launch PSO2 after doing the necessary patch things; I didn't actually test it myself though. I'll go do that and edit this post with the results...

Edit:

Doesn't look like it works.

KazukiQZ
Aug 6, 2013, 04:56 PM
This is indeed really nice, AIDA. :D
BTW, since during playing PSO2 and I decided to toggle between Item Translation On and Off, does it have any indicator that tells me it already being switched? If not:

-How about adding a sound effect that indicate which mode you had activate. 'Yes' and 'No' SFX would suffice. It would be a nice addition since people can know which option they had toggle.
-Or a in-game text announcement that tells you about the translation options. Same reason as above.

Oh and the hotkeys for the toggle option should just be redone to Ctr+Shift+F1~F3. An extra key will make it not conflict with the in-game autoword function :)

And bye, gonna try the item translation again~ Thanks AIDA and the Team!

Shirokami
Aug 6, 2013, 06:15 PM
Moshi Moshi~
Something that could be important to report.
I noticed that when you're out during a mission and you learn a skill, everyone can see the message you just used a Disc.
Point is, the name of the skill is translated.
So, I was wondering, can everyone see the system message in english?

Lostbob117
Aug 6, 2013, 06:18 PM
Moshi Moshi~
Something that could be important to report.
I noticed that when you're out during a mission and you learn a skill, everyone can see the message you just used a Disc.
Point is, the name of the skill is translated.
So, I was wondering, can everyone see the system message in english?

That is affected by the normal English patch already and not the item translation. So, no. Only people with the English patch will see it translated.

Terrence
Aug 6, 2013, 06:25 PM
Just a short message to thanks AIDA and all people who worked hard. Really, you're wonderful. Congrats. Thank you so much !

Neferpitou
Aug 6, 2013, 09:05 PM
Just tested it, it is a dream come true... *teary eyes*

GHNeko
Aug 6, 2013, 09:22 PM
I've had multiple reports that it does indeed work. It's pso2tweaker.exe -item -pso2

Confirming this works.

Good shit AIDA.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 6, 2013, 09:29 PM
*CROSS POST*
Made a quick tut for finding items in shop With AIDA and CO's new translations+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpsCDPpgcW8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpsCDPpgcW8

Variant
Aug 6, 2013, 09:32 PM
I've had multiple reports that it does indeed work. It's pso2tweaker.exe -item -pso2

Yeah, my bad, the text box in steam cuts off the last letter for me so I thought the 2 was there when it secretly wasn't. Confirmed that it launches.

KT <3
Aug 6, 2013, 10:05 PM
So I add the pso2.exe to steam with the "-item -pso2" commands? Or do I add the Tweaker to Steam?

Variant
Aug 6, 2013, 10:09 PM
So I add the pso2.exe to steam with the "-item -pso2" commands? Or do I add the Tweaker to Steam?

Tweaker.

chikko1988
Aug 7, 2013, 01:53 AM
Patiently waiting for the Item Translation Patch to be compatible with the new PSO2.exe :3

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee294/luckystarbrigade/pso22013-08-0706-47-00-52_zps6270bc61.jpg

sekkai
Aug 7, 2013, 02:16 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the work AIDA and "the rest" (sorry about that) did on this. It will surely boost the English population a little bit.

~~Forever Grateful~~

jaggars
Aug 7, 2013, 05:51 AM
Whenever I try to launch PSO2 with the Item Translation checkbox checked I get the error from PSO2 Tweaker:

Sorry, but the item translation is not working with the current version of PSO2! Please uncheck "Translate Items" if you wish to launch PSO2 without it.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2013, 05:53 AM
Whenever I try to launch PSO2 with the Item Translation checkbox checked I get the error from PSO2 Tweaker:

Sorry, but the item translation is not working with the current version of PSO2! Please uncheck "Translate Items" if you wish to launch PSO2 without it.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

You need to wait for them to update the item translation patch (and most of the english patches too).

jaggars
Aug 7, 2013, 06:30 AM
You need to wait for them to update the item translation patch (and most of the english patches too).

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure it was an "everyone" issue and not a "me" issue. I shall wait patiently...I'm at work for the next 8 hours anyway...

Chik'Tikka
Aug 7, 2013, 06:38 PM
don't know if anyone mentioned this, but untekked items aren't translated yet+^_^+
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ymce9e.png

Idolon
Aug 7, 2013, 07:04 PM
I discovered an interesting problem, but I'm not sure it's worth fixing. I use a batch script to automatically swap my primary and secondary monitors, then launch PSO2 Tweaker. The script then waits for Tweaker to close and swaps my monitors back. It seems that launching Tweaker in this manner breaks things. PSO crashes sometime between entering a password and loading the lobby.

If I launch Tweaker manually instead of via the batch script, the item translation seems to work fine.

KT <3
Aug 7, 2013, 07:16 PM
I got the Tweaker and item patch running through Steam now, but it won't display the Steam overlay and my 'in game' status just goes back to default after a few minutes. Any fix for this one?

chikko1988
Aug 7, 2013, 09:07 PM
There are times that some items at rare occasions becomes untranslated - but when you review your inventory again it becomes translated again xD

Noc Codez
Aug 7, 2013, 09:15 PM
Got to admit I'm loving the new item patch :) .

Light dragon
Aug 7, 2013, 09:51 PM
As am I. Thank you AIDA, Raven0123, Variant,arcnmx, and Cirno ^_^

NintenJon25
Aug 7, 2013, 10:16 PM
There's a MAJOR issue we may have with the Story Missions...

@AIDA
Seems like your observations from last night's update were true. We might need the English Story Patch updated.

It seems that the game has been freezing up on me during certain cutscenes with characters. What happens is that the game's screen goes black, as if it's loading the cutscene, but without showing the timestamp. The chat and emergency quest notifications still show perfectly fine, though. Also weird, I can still post messages to the chat window as if I was still playing the game, so it's definitely not freezing up the entire game itself---just the action on screen as the screen itself behind those aforementioned windows are totally black and menus cannot be accessed.

This has caused me to not be able to progress with story missions and I have to Alt + Tab out to close the game manually. :(

Definitely seems like something funky happened during the last maintenance period that may have to be addressed in the Story Patch. It could also possibly be the Large Files, but I wouldn't know about that.

The specific areas that the game froze up for me was when I talked with Xion (the 2nd time---after the cutscene, the screen froze on the black display) and Episode 1 - Chapter 1 when you approach the cutscene where you find someone face down on the ground after following the calls for help.

On the good side of things, the new item translation patch has officially made my PSO2 life MUCH easier! ^^

Here's a quick summary of things I found are still contenders for translation (in general, as I'm too lazy to capture screenshots atm):

Untekked items are not translated.
Are item descriptions and (unrelated but totally related to this) Client Orders planned for future translations?
The AC Shop and Scratch Window are both still showing only in Japanese (with the exception of buttons).
When you open up your Library of items in the Storage Device, a good amount of them are in Japanese still for their names. However, their names show in English upon hovering over them. Also, to add wood to the fire, the English names apparently show correctly after filtering through each individual weapon/unit category. Talk about weird... XD
A large amount of Episode 2 content is still untranslated. This goes for Client Orders and Weapons/Items, Room Decorations, and items available for sale in the FUN Shop (Photon Chairs as the most recent example). Those are all still new, though, anyways. :P
At the Title Counter, all titles only display in Japanese.
Also under Library, there is a third selection under Units (presumably for Story Mode summaries). This is also in Japanese.
Most Dewman and Episode 2 related events display in Japanese (the first time you meet Io, for instance).
Characters in the lobby. (Not story-related character driven prompts for Episode 1 though.)

Crevox
Aug 7, 2013, 11:12 PM
Item patch was missing 10 Star Weapon/Unit coupons and SPECIAL WEAPON as far as I know, not sure if those got added "a moment ago."

Wolf_Asari
Aug 7, 2013, 11:26 PM
Oh, the passes? Good call, I'll grab those when the server comes back up. I just added Special Weapon? a moment ago.

Think it should be in all caps? Was it like that in PSO?

Well it was all caps on PSO, but whatever works really.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 7, 2013, 11:29 PM
11* weps in stone shop aren't translated either+^_^+ most of the rest is!! which makes me glad cause now i know what stones are what+^_^+

NintenJon25
Aug 7, 2013, 11:42 PM
Oh, the passes? Good call, I'll grab those when the server comes back up. I just added Special Weapon? a moment ago.

Think it should be in all caps? Was it like that in PSO?

Yeah, in PSO it was all-caps.

I think that would serve for some good nostalgia. I'd say go for it! :D

KazukiQZ
Aug 8, 2013, 12:43 AM
^Nostalgia Mode Activate!

And currently waiting for the server to go back online patiently...

NintenJon25
Aug 8, 2013, 12:52 AM
^Nostalgia Mode Activate!

And currently waiting for the server to go back online patiently...

DARN! I should've kept that pair of Knuckles I found untekked in hopes of this earlier. 3:

(Fun fact: I found my first legendary weapon, the Drill Knuckles, today on my second run of Free Exploration: Forest on Normal after killing the Rockbear...totally took me by surprise!)

KazukiQZ
Aug 8, 2013, 12:57 AM
^And I still have plenty of untekked weapons in my storage...xD
lol this reminds me to manage my storage after the server's up, it's 198/200 already >.>

So the shortcut keys for the translation is still the same?

Raven0123
Aug 8, 2013, 02:02 AM
^And I still have plenty of untekked weapons in my storage...xD
lol this reminds me to manage my storage after the server's up, it's 198/200 already >.>

So the shortcut keys for the translation is still the same?

Yes, they are the same.

Wolf_Asari
Aug 8, 2013, 08:09 AM
I loaded the item translation then quit the game.
After it, I loaded PSO2 without item translation patch and yet these were still in there
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/3WPod.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Is this normal?

electrolytes
Aug 8, 2013, 12:30 PM
Yes, they are the same.

Add me to the list of people that are eagerly (impatiently :P) anticipating being able to use their shortcut words again without conflicting with the translator.

Z-0
Aug 8, 2013, 12:36 PM
It's easy, just edit the buttons for shortcuts in the options menu...

...seriously

of course this means weapon palette, subpalette or window shortcuts will get replaced with ctrl+F instead, but it shouldn't be too hard, depends if you use any of those on your keyboard.

edit: there are also options for things like ctrl+1 which are unused by default iirc, so change your shortcuts to them.

electrolytes
Aug 8, 2013, 12:44 PM
Derp. Thanks for the tip. I'm already using 1-0 (subpallette), Num1-0 (weapon switch), F1-10 (menu shortcut), and Ctrl+F1-10 (shortcut words). I'm assuming there's one for Ctrl+1-0 or something? I suppose I'll check later.

Edit: Read Z-0's edited post. I suppose I'll use Ctrl+1-0 for now.
Edit2: It's actually Ctrl+Num1-0 that's the other option, not Ctrl+1-0.

Commander A9
Aug 8, 2013, 12:48 PM
Great stuff, guys!

I'm excited for the full release! I'll finally be able to figure out what all this stuff I have in my storage is! :D

electrolytes
Aug 8, 2013, 12:49 PM
If you'd like the keys changed, please suggest keys that are not in use for anything in-game. :p

Hey AIDA, I already did in a previous post: Ctrl+End, Ctrl+Home, and possibly Ctrl+F11/F12 (I know these latter two open menus, but it's not like toggling will be a very frequent activity). I can look for others when I get home. Someone else mentioned Ctrl+Shift+F1-3, which I like even better than my suggestions, assuming they don't conflict.

electrolytes
Aug 8, 2013, 01:02 PM
Are there any other restrictions, such as only being able to use certain modifier keys as that second key?

arcnmx
Aug 8, 2013, 01:09 PM
That's not quite correct, shift will be fine (talking about the item translation's keys here, not the game's settings). There's no key limit though we'd like it to not be too inconvenient to press.

The restrictions are: 1) Alt can't be used, and 2) the trigger can't conflict with or trigger any other game bindings (f.e. ctrl+letter can't be used because ctrl+alt+letter are lobby actions).

electrolytes
Aug 8, 2013, 03:36 PM
That's not quite correct, shift will be fine (talking about the item translation's keys here, not the game's settings). There's no key limit though we'd like it to not be too inconvenient to press.

The restrictions are: 1) Alt can't be used, and 2) the trigger can't conflict with or trigger any other game bindings (f.e. ctrl+letter can't be used because ctrl+alt+letter are lobby actions).

Alright, I tested it and Ctrl+Shift+F1-3 don't conflict with or trigger actions assigned to Ctrl+F1-3, nor anything else that I know of. If you switch the toggles to those or something else good, I'll love you and the rest of the patch team forever, not that I don't already, but ya know...

Niris
Aug 8, 2013, 03:49 PM
I decided to give it a go. That's quite an awesome feature. You and your team are really kicking this games ass keep up the hard work. ^^^^

Blundy
Aug 8, 2013, 04:31 PM
i thought i'd just take the time to thank team aida for removing the tyranny of untranslated orange boxes clogging my inventory. what you guys have managed ( and in so short a time) is amazing.

darkwraith007
Aug 8, 2013, 08:35 PM
I love you and your team, AIDA! Keep it up :)

Gravagar
Aug 9, 2013, 09:43 AM
I'd like to make a suggestion. Something I would like to see is support for custom item names. For example, let's say there's a "names.txt" file that's generated if it doesn't already exist when the Tweaker starts translating names... If I put the JP name of an item followed by a translated string, it'll replace the default translation with the one provided by the user (Maybe leave it blank and it won't translate it at all too?).
Every time I see "Folones" I cringe, since it's not consistent with other translations (Eight Ounce - so I would call it Four Ounce). Same with Blanc Grenade / Org Blan, though I don't expect to be able to edit the enemy names to make it Org Blanc.

Shirokami
Aug 9, 2013, 11:10 AM
Just wanted to warn everyone, someone who used the item patch got banned.
If the thing was or wasn't the reason of the ban is unknown, still be wary.

Shirokami
Aug 9, 2013, 11:20 AM
It wasn't, lol. Please don't spread false paranoia.

If anyone's going to get banned for the item patch, it'll be one of the developers (or me, most likely, since I'm the most vocal about everything).

Yeah, perhaps I was too paranoid and quick about this, I'm not even using the patch so I don't really care ^w^
I'll just wait and see how everyone over yotsuba keeps going crazy about the guy who got banned out of nowhere.

Vashyron
Aug 9, 2013, 11:59 AM
★10武器購入パス

★10ユニット購入パス

dislaire
Aug 9, 2013, 12:47 PM
I just wanted to report an issue

sometimes the language for the items switchs to japanese without notice, and go back to english if i close the window ( item window, pa window, everything translated with the patch ). It becomes really messy, sometimes only a few items are translated and everything else is in japanese, and if i close/open the window many times it all go back to english (or all in japanese lol). i don't know what causes that. Specially in my shop, i can have one page fully translated, and just doing a refresh makes everything appear in japanese even though it's the exact same items.

what happens when it does that?i'm scared that if it's the patch issue and not my installation ( i installed everything from stock with pso2 tweaker ) it will be really really hard to solve ( maybe it has something to do with the game constantly updating the item database by downloading it from sega?well, i'm guessing, i really don't know )

dislaire
Aug 9, 2013, 01:01 PM
ah ok! first time i tried the patch, it only happenned a few times but now, sometimes i'm like stuck with japanese language, i need to open/close the window like 20 times to make it appear in english and a with only one window refresh it all revert back to japanese and i have to do it again, it seems to get worse with time.

I guess this issue can't be solved right? since all the items are server side isn't it? how sad because this translation is very good and very useful

arcnmx
Aug 9, 2013, 01:26 PM
ah ok! first time i tried the patch, it only happenned a few times but now, sometimes i'm like stuck with japanese language, i need to open/close the window like 20 times to make it appear in english and a with only one window refresh it all revert back to japanese and i have to do it again, it seems to get worse with time.

I guess this issue can't be solved right? since all the items are server side isn't it? how sad because this translation is very good and very useful

One tip is to tap the ctrl key, it'll force a retranslation instantly (though it won't translate open windows, so you'll have to hit it before you open the window or reopen it). And yeah, make sure you're not accidentally disabling it with Ctrl+F1.

dislaire
Aug 9, 2013, 02:21 PM
Make sure you aren't toggling it off by hitting Ctrl + F1

actually, i use the gamepad so i don't think i do that.but thank you guys for the ctrl tip, i wasn't aware of that, it'll be easier when it switches to japanese now

SilverPhantasy
Aug 9, 2013, 03:53 PM
Has anyone been banned using this yet?
That one guy posted that they got banned using it, and I've been sketchy about using it since.

Wolf_Asari
Aug 9, 2013, 04:47 PM
Oh, totally forgot to mention - The item patch now has all the new content, and everything should be fixed/translated with the exception of the grind skip -> 7, which I still need someone to copy/paste here so I can do it.

JP name for Grind Skip ->7?
強化スキップ(→7)

It's was on cirno

darkwraith007
Aug 9, 2013, 07:19 PM
The work here is astounding :)

fay
Aug 9, 2013, 07:22 PM
Just tried out the item translation for the first time. RIP future English game, if you ever exist anyway.

ChronoTrigga
Aug 10, 2013, 08:49 PM
AIDA this is probably a crazy question and I don't even know if we're anywhere near this possibility...but is it possible for you to auto translate.....JP players? And perhaps give them an english to JP translater.......to make a truly unified PSO2 and completely blow the existence of PSO2 US/EU out of the water and at the same time revolutionize cross-country gaming and become a billionaire...?

Wolf_Asari
Aug 10, 2013, 11:32 PM
Found not translated: Vol Drammen
ヴォル・ドラメン

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/3Z3xp.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Maronji
Aug 10, 2013, 11:49 PM
On the other hand, Rare Drop Boost 75% and Half Doll didn't seem to want to translate at all.

Don't know if this got fixed, but bringing it back to the front of the table just to be safe.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 11, 2013, 12:05 AM
Fixed, thanks for letting me know :)

I think because 75% (AFAIK) is a net-cafe exclusive. And it looks like you're correct, Half doll isn't in here. I'll add it in a moment.

and a few Rare Boost 75% were handed out in the campaign rewards (finally used one recently)+^_^+ i think you may be able to get one from earning a title too, not so sure though+^_^+

Crevox
Aug 11, 2013, 12:57 AM
パイレーツハット
Pirate's Hat
http://ft.trillian.im/efc29cb18654c553002caba3769cae8868bca570/6iMMDR331vfNLn0ltTHa2Dx9npGe0.jpg
トロピカルフラッペ
Tropical Frappe
http://ft.trillian.im/efc29cb18654c553002caba3769cae8868bca570/6iMMOYQ8w1afAWRSpKs84DsPPm62o.jpg
10 Weapon Exchange Pass
10 Unit Exchange Pass
10★ Weapon Exchange Pass
10★ Unit Exchange Pass
http://i.imgur.com/l9ycGpw.png
リア/リブルフレ
Rear / Ribble Fray
http://i.imgur.com/SjtFdov.png
生産デバイス/HP回復B
生産デバイス/HP回復K
Support Device / HP Restore B
Support Device / HP Restore K
http://i.imgur.com/O8rXYev.png
红叶姫
狮子咬
碇星炮
恋凤凰
Kouyouhime
Shishikou
Ikarisei Hou
Koi Houou
http://i.imgur.com/iWgZ9Hv.png

fay
Aug 11, 2013, 06:12 AM
I also heard that one part of that Flame armor isn't translated. Not sure which one.

Wolf_Asari
Aug 11, 2013, 08:02 AM
パイレーツハット
Pirate's Hat
http://ft.trillian.im/efc29cb18654c553002caba3769cae8868bca570/6iMMDR331vfNLn0ltTHa2Dx9npGe0.jpg
トロピカルフラッペ
Tropical Frappe
http://ft.trillian.im/efc29cb18654c553002caba3769cae8868bca570/6iMMOYQ8w1afAWRSpKs84DsPPm62o.jpg
10 Weapon Exchange Pass
10 Unit Exchange Pass
10★ Weapon Exchange Pass
10★ Unit Exchange Pass
http://i.imgur.com/l9ycGpw.png
リア/リブルフレ
Rear / Ribble Fray
http://i.imgur.com/SjtFdov.png
生産デバイス/HP回復B
生産デバイス/HP回復K
Support Device / HP Restore B
Support Device / HP Restore K
http://i.imgur.com/O8rXYev.png
红叶姫
狮子咬
碇星炮
恋凤凰
Kouyouhime
Shishikou
Ikarisei Hou
Koi Houou
http://i.imgur.com/iWgZ9Hv.png

Some of those are translated, make sure to refresh (aka exit out of the window a few times) to check if its not translated.

Crevox
Aug 11, 2013, 08:34 AM
Some of those are translated, make sure to refresh (aka exit out of the window a few times) to check if its not translated.

I refreshed a lot, and all the other items in the window were translated but these. Many times. Could fix on a game restart, shrug, but that's how it was in game for me at the time.

Also, this was after the latest "item translation update" post.

NintenJon25
Aug 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
The Item Translation Patch has been giving me issues all day.

Essentially, what occurs is the patch works for a good 10~15 minutes of gameplay, but then the English text for all item titles suddenly goes straight back into Japanese characters. Upon several attempts of logging out and logging back in through Tweaker (and I am running the latest version of everything right now), this has been a constant re-occurrence.

I will try logging in after disabling and re-enabling the Item Translation Patch in Tweaker. Any idea on what could be causing this?

Wolf_Asari
Aug 11, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm also having a minor problems but P.Search items will not show everything (including if you search for the JP name)

here is example.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/3ZuVk.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Switching search modes does not fix this either.

NintenJon25
Aug 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm also having a minor problems but P.Search items will not show everything (including if you search for the JP name)

here is example.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/3ZuVk.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Switching search modes does not fix this either.

In my case, it was with everything. The items in my inventory, my mag, viewing the item library through the Visiphone, items that would drop from enemies, etc.

It's fixed now after disabling it and re-enabling it again. Then, I launched PSO2. Works like a charm again. No idea what could have caused that to happen. o.O

I'll update if I run into any more issues with it. :)

Wolf_Asari
Aug 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
Also forgot to mention, if you have a shop pass, using the "check shop market for x item" when adding item to store (2nd option) will cause to say in "Communcating..." forever.

Only happens with translated items. It's not my internet.

NintenJon25
Aug 11, 2013, 03:16 PM
I found out the solution to the issue I'm having, and it's a big one.

Ctrl + F1, which is normally designated as a Shortcut Chat, switches all in-game text from English to Japanese for the Item Translation Patch. While this doesn't affect other patches, I am unsure if this was an intended functionality or not. This could be the cause of many reported problems with the Item Translation Patch not working for other people in-game as well.

Coatl
Aug 11, 2013, 03:56 PM
Also forgot to mention, if you have a shop pass, using the "check shop market for x item" when adding item to store (2nd option) will cause to say in "Communcating..." forever.

Same problem here. :-(

thefatz
Aug 11, 2013, 05:58 PM
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but when I am browsing the visiphone, half the items are in English and half are in Japanese. I don't know if this is just how it is, could I get some info on this. Also if I refresh in the visiphone they only show in Japanese.

My inventory and storage seem to work fine so it's not that big a deal, just want to know if I am doing something wrong? Or maybe the visiphone still need some work.

Variant
Aug 11, 2013, 06:04 PM
If you want to turn off the translation patch entirely, you can hit Ctrl + F1 to toggle, Ctrl + F2 to toggle the copy mode between english text and JP text, and Ctrl + F3 toggles search mode.

Please note that hitting Ctrl + F1 - F3 will trigger the shortcut if you have one saved in the first through third slots.

Ctrl + F1, which is normally designated as a Shortcut Chat, switches all in-game text from English to Japanese for the Item Translation Patch.

It's intended behavior. The keys probably need to be remapped though.

Also, the patch alters text in real time. Hitting CTRL changes it from English -> Japanese (so if you hit ctrl while looking at your inventory, you can mouse over them for japanese text, and ctrl+c copies Japanese text). Ctrl and tapping shift will disable that functionality (allowing you to copy English names). If you're seeing some text untranslated, you'll probably have to refresh the view (e.g. go to a different page in the shops, or close and re-open inventory). Not completely sure how PSO2 handles views though (that is, how they refresh), but it should work for most of them.

Wolf_Asari
Aug 11, 2013, 06:07 PM
Perhaps a option in tweaker to bind keys?

NintenJon25
Aug 11, 2013, 07:10 PM
It's intended behavior. The keys probably need to be remapped though.

Also, the patch alters text in real time. Hitting CTRL changes it from English -> Japanese (so if you hit ctrl while looking at your inventory, you can mouse over them for japanese text, and ctrl+c copies Japanese text). Ctrl and tapping shift will disable that functionality (allowing you to copy English names). If you're seeing some text untranslated, you'll probably have to refresh the view (e.g. go to a different page in the shops, or close and re-open inventory). Not completely sure how PSO2 handles views though (that is, how they refresh), but it should work for most of them.

Thanks! Figured so. :)

doomdragon83
Aug 12, 2013, 08:06 PM

I have the same problem, the only thing I can do about it is to revert the text back to Japanese using Ctrl+F1. Then it'll work as intended.

arcnmx
Aug 13, 2013, 07:50 AM
I have the same problem, the only thing I can do about it is to revert the text back to Japanese using Ctrl+F1. Then it'll work as intended.

The quick way is to just hold ctrl while you click the compare prices button.

SquashDemon
Aug 14, 2013, 04:58 AM
...Holy shit.

Are you guys magic or something?

I also wish I could hurry up and afford college, It'd be nice to help out with things like this, but my lousy C++ skills would likely just hinder/slow down/fuck everything up for you guys.

Seriously though, thanks for making this supremely awesome patch, and all the efforts you guys do on a regular basis to allow ungrateful slobs such as myself and a decent chunk of the folks who frequent block 20 to play PSO in a mostly understandable way.

UnLucky
Aug 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
So why are some PAs different in your inventory and when you use it?

Like Thrillerplode will teach you Thrillsplosion, and Pick Up Throw gives you Zenith Throw.

Not to mention the English patch adds extra letters onto Orchestra

bitCrusher
Aug 16, 2013, 12:34 PM
English release is pretty much obsolete now (unless we get a killer english dub), thanks so much, all of you!

...Holy shit.

Are you guys magic or something?

I also wish I could hurry up and afford college, It'd be nice to help out with things like this, but my lousy C++ skills would likely just hinder/slow down/fuck everything up for you guys.

Seriously though, thanks for making this supremely awesome patch, and all the efforts you guys do on a regular basis to allow ungrateful slobs such as myself and a decent chunk of the folks who frequent block 20 to play PSO in a mostly understandable way.

you don't need college to learn C++ :P

SquashDemon
Aug 16, 2013, 02:50 PM
English release is pretty much obsolete now (unless we get a killer english dub), thanks so much, all of you!

you don't need college to learn C++ :P

Of course you don't, you don't need to go to college to learn anything, but it helps having the context of the classroom, as well as exercises to help you foster understanding of your tools, and an instructor who actually understand the concepts you're trying to grasp.

Maronji
Aug 16, 2013, 07:52 PM
So why are some PAs different in your inventory and when you use it?

Like Thrillerplode will teach you Thrillsplosion, and Pick Up Throw gives you Zenith Throw.

Not to mention the English patch adds extra letters onto Orchestra

This is why I normally wouldn't advocate two different groups working on projects related to the same game. The disparity between translations becomes disturbingly apparent, and, quite frankly, is a jarring experience for the end-user.

Regardless, I'd just blame different translation choices in this case (lining up with the English Patch not being an obvious priority). On the other hand, Zenith Throw was actually an edit by the main English Patch team; the original is literally "Pick Up Throw", but to be honest, that sounds a little dumb.

As far as Orchestra goes, I reported it a while back, but as you've pointed out, they haven't fixed it yet.

chikko1988
Aug 21, 2013, 02:42 AM
Question? Is the Item translation patch working with the new version of the game? PSO2 Tweaker v2.5.3.5 says YES but in-game won't change even if I press/hold CTRL key.

It was working before the patch though =w=

TaigaUC
Aug 21, 2013, 02:45 AM
Of course you don't, you don't need to go to college to learn anything, but it helps having the context of the classroom, as well as exercises to help you foster understanding of your tools, and an instructor who actually understand the concepts you're trying to grasp.

Yeah. Also good for connections and certifications. Sometimes.

Korazenn
Aug 21, 2013, 02:53 AM
Question? Is the Item translation patch working with the new version of the game? PSO2 Tweaker v2.5.3.5 says YES but in-game won't change even if I press/hold CTRL key.

Thanks for reporting! The item translation patch does not work currently. It is entirely possible that the item translation patch might not be working at the moment due to an override that occurred within the files; AIDA would be the one to answer that. ;)

However, you can use the Core English Patch, English Large Files, and English Story Patch in the meantime. I can confirm that each of those are up-and-running.

Variant
Aug 21, 2013, 03:05 AM

Yeah, the update broke the item translation, we'll fix it up and send out an update asap. Doesn't seem to break anything if you have it running at least, but you should probably turn it off for good measure. AIDA seems to be AFK so can't get her to disable the version through Tweaker.

chikko1988
Aug 21, 2013, 07:42 AM
Yes it is working now! Thanks for the hard work! m(_ _)m

Korazenn
Aug 21, 2013, 08:04 AM
Yes it is working now! Thanks for the hard work! m(_ _)m

Not a problem. :)

Let us know if you encounter any more issues. Thanks!

KazukiQZ
Aug 21, 2013, 08:05 AM
Ou really?!! *runs to open PSO2*

EldrickTobin
Aug 26, 2013, 06:40 PM
(Before anyone asks yeah I know this feature is still in testing and tweaking)

Weird Question: Does Item Translation Learn? (Why did I capitalize every word -.-;)

I ask because I occassionally price check things I can't afford... and consistently one is NOT searchable at first (Lambda Aristin), but after I get it to show up in the results...
-either by cobbling lambda and aristin together from the japanese, or by getting a lambda aristin to show up normally in a price/rarity related search-
I can just ype "Ari" in and the translate feature finds both Aristin and Lambda Aristin just fine. Of course I suspect it does this all over the place... but this is the only place I see it all the time... as I start my greedy searching with Swords. And when I restart the greed run I have to start the learning process over.

So to reiterate, does it learn? Or is it just having trouble loading the table or something?

(I can provide screenies if needed but it should be readily reproducable.)

Variant
Aug 26, 2013, 06:51 PM
The table is loaded piece by piece whenever an item is necessary. So if you see an item for the first time, it won't be translated, but if you look at it again later, it will be. It wasn't in the table initially, so it didn't get translated.

Korazenn
Aug 26, 2013, 11:50 PM
The table is loaded piece by piece whenever an item is necessary. So if you see an item for the first time, it won't be translated, but if you look at it again later, it will be. It wasn't in the table initially, so it didn't get translated.

Let me add to that:

Basically, after you load a table, there is usually an area where you can sort the items by Name, Price, or whatever other options are available to you. Doing so would reload the table with the English names due to the reason aforementioned above.

EldrickTobin
Aug 27, 2013, 05:36 AM
Noooot actually what I asked.

If I tell it to find "Lambda Aristin" It looks at me like I'm crazy. The "P.Search Button" Takeover hasn't a clue. "Aristin" however shows up when searched for just fine.

If I put in the Japanese for Lambda Aristin and go through an auction search as normal, I see scads of the weapon in question. I can then go back to the previous window and "P.Search" for "Lambda Aristin" and it'll pop up in the Prospect List on the Right. I can search for "Aristin" and now both entries show up in the Prospect List.

That's why I was asking about learning. As it'll keep that loaded. I can p.search for the sword later -provided I don't exit PSO2- and it remains loaded. The second I close the game it's gone, and I have to retrain it.

If I'm still not making sense I can make screenshots.

Variant
Aug 27, 2013, 05:46 AM
That explanation still works for this to an extent.

The table in the shop search is actually stored in item_name_cache.dat (somewhere in your documents), and so yeah, it is 'learning' in the sense that it's storing new cache data.

EldrickTobin
Aug 27, 2013, 05:57 AM
That explanation still works for this to an extent.

The table in the shop search is actually stored in item_name_cache.dat (somewhere in your documents), and so yeah, it is 'learning' in the sense that it's storing new cache data.

Ah thanks! Wanted to make sure I 1)wasn't crazy. 2)didn't have to check that GG wasn't killing something intermittently -which it DOES like to do.

I'll just keep it well fed until the day comes that I don't have to pre-feed it.

Korazenn
Aug 27, 2013, 06:49 AM
Ah thanks! Wanted to make sure I 1)wasn't crazy. 2)didn't have to check that GG wasn't killing something intermittently -which it DOES like to do.

I'll just keep it well fed until the day comes that I don't have to pre-feed it.

Sounds like a plan~

If there are any issues with searching for items in the shop, or if you have any other errors to report, feel free to let us know about them and we will do our best to address them as soon as possible. ^^

EvilMag
Sep 1, 2013, 12:03 PM
So AIDA. I decided to finally use this patch but when I check marked it and decided to play. I get this error
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5070/sqha.png
After it goes away game starts up fine and the patch works. Should I be worried because of this error? o.o

EvilMag
Sep 1, 2013, 01:44 PM
That's odd - Try re-opening the Tweaker, it should download a new version of it, and that *should* fix the error.

Yeah tried re-opening and it no longer gives me that error. Thanks AIDA.

Korazenn
Sep 1, 2013, 04:34 PM
Item Patch has been updated to include all Endless Summer update stuff. Sorry it took so long!

Great! ^^ Now you gave me even more of a reason to look up more summer outfits in the Player Shops~

Shayuna
Sep 3, 2013, 09:51 AM
i start the new tweaker
check the "translate items"
start game
nothing translated...