PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Emergency Code: Do you even play PSO2?

Meyfei
Apr 8, 2013, 10:35 AM
I just do the odd run. but I actually, and honestly dislike PSO2. So I do other things. If not for the friends and such I have. I wouldn't be playing at all, that being said I got nothing better to play anyway.

What's your story!

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 10:42 AM
Pretty much the same as yours.

I do the occasional Time Attack run (eg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUF_Qn4rH9s)), but that's about it since nobody really plays Time Attack since it's not really rewarding (even if it is fun).

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 AM
I consistently maintain a premium subscription and am currently working on leveling up my third (technically fourth) character.

Needless to say, I am quite pleased with the game thus far, despite warts and all.

HeartBreak301
Apr 8, 2013, 10:46 AM
I play a lot actually. With the ridiculous things that seem to happen all the time and with a good group of friends to play and experience those things with the game doesn't seem to lose it's luster.

Jakosifer
Apr 8, 2013, 10:47 AM
Don't like the game, but TOMODACHI make it tolerable. Also sticking around to see the new Amdouchia TA in hopes that the target enemies are those Dragontwats. Oh yeah, and dat Tower, they can't botch a Tower...

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2013, 10:48 AM
If katanas and tower blows... I don't think I'll last.

Otherwise; What jakassifer said.

Kion
Haven't played in three months. Don't really plan on picking it up either.

Kondibon
I genuinely like the game even if it gets boring and troublesome, it's fun. I have other games like Faginogi and Guild Whores 2 to keep me company when I want something else to play. That said, it's been acting up lately (It crashes my computer after a while) and I'm far more interested in writing right now than playing vidya gaems so I haven't really been playing anything.

Also I never really go into a game expecting it to hold my interest completely for ever. I binge on games, playing nonstop for like a week then taking a month long break, that's why I don't like games with monthly fees.

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2013, 10:49 AM
Haven't played in three months. Don't really plan on picking it up either.

But you still work on this game. D8

So then you're like Sakai.

Crysteon
Apr 8, 2013, 10:51 AM
But you still work on this game. D8

So then you're like Sakai.

With the exception he's doing something productive and Sakai is pretty much giving us butchered and uncreative contents.

Sp-24
Apr 8, 2013, 10:53 AM
I've only had fun with Chapter EX recently. It's not the only reason why I keep playing, but definitely one of the main ones. Funny how somehow, the only fun part of a multiplayer online game is a single player quest.

Drifting Fable
Apr 8, 2013, 10:55 AM
Being a man of simple pleasures, I'm having loads of fun with the game. Yeah it could be so much more and there are some stupid decisions here and there but I'm pretty content at the moment. I probably might take a break soon to catch up on all the other games in my backlog but there isn't any other mmo on the market that I'd rather be playing over PSO2. And theres always talking with the community when I get a little bored of dungeon running.

I hope the next PSO game continues this trend of more action oriented gameplay.

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2013, 10:55 AM
Hm, gee, so the fan forum for this particular game is completely overrun by negative nancies and people who don't even play the game anymore.

I wonder why I even bother coming here.

ReaperTheAbsol
Apr 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
I haven't played PSO2 in over 3 months, but I can see myself going back to it so I can check out what I have missed since then. As for my tomodachi... I just hope they're still there. :/

Edit: Also, I didn't quit. Things just got in the way and blah.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hm, gee, so the fan forum for this particular game is completely overrun by negative nancies and people who don't even play the game anymore.

Honestly I don't blame them. As long as they aren't making huge rants I don't really care if they don't like the game or not. I believe that the people who whine the loudest are the ones who WANT to like the game but don't though.

At some point it's perfectly ok to say "This game is bad, but I like it anyway". It's just a matter of what one can put up with.

EDIT: Derp that made no sense. What I mean is that there's nothing wrong with people not liking the game and being vocal about that fact as long as they aren't being jerks and trying to force it down our throats. At some point you either have to realize the game just isn't for you or put up with the problems anyway though.

Zenobia
Apr 8, 2013, 11:06 AM
Still aiming for Hunar's sword and Dragon slayer that's enough to keep me playing.

gravityvx
Apr 8, 2013, 11:13 AM
I actually only started playing again about 3 weeks ago after a 3 month break, sadly nothings changed at all. The lack of any challenging content and Darker's Den being the only somewhat fun map is really putting me off. I'm hoping they step their game up soon, I like pso but yeah not sure how much longer that's gonna last if all I can look forward to is new clothes every update. What's the point of progessing my character ie affixes, grinding when there's no real reason to(if you say TA I'm gonna kick you in the face). There's nothing at all in the game that demands a need for really good gear, at least in PSO1 having good gear in VH & Ult made a huge diff, in this it's just kill more braindead fodder faster, bosses are somewhat a different story but only a handful of those pose any remote challenge. End of the day though, I suppose rare hunting will suffice for a while longer while I pretend sega will release fun & challenging content over clothes.

Grady219
Apr 8, 2013, 11:17 AM
I play every once in a while, though here lately I haven't been able to play as much as I normally do. I like PSO2 a lot, but it just has so much wasted potential. Episode 1 is almost over and we don't even have a definitive boss to end off the episode like PSO1 does. Sure we have Dark Falz showing up whenever he gets bored, but and EQ doesn't count as endgame. At the moment what we have as a solid party ending is Rocket turtle and soon to be Dragon EX. Neither of these seem like they should be what ends off the first episode.

Sp-24
Apr 8, 2013, 11:24 AM
I play every once in a while, though here lately I haven't been able to play as much as I normally do. I like PSO2 a lot, but it just has so much wasted potential. Episode 1 is almost over and we don't even have a definitive boss to end off the episode like PSO1 does. Sure we have Dark Falz showing up whenever he gets bored, but and EQ doesn't count as endgame. At the moment what we have as a solid party ending is Rocket turtle and soon to be Dragon EX. Neither of these seem like they should be what ends off the first episode.
Yeah, "Episode" is just another buzzword they use to exploit the PSO nostalgia, just like how they called PSU2 "PSO2". So no need to get worked up about that.

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2013, 11:26 AM
Oh my god I don't even have a reaction image appropriate for this shit, I am rolling my eyes SO HARD right now

Someone please make it stop

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 11:32 AM
Oh my god I don't even have a reaction image appropriate for this shit, I am rolling my eyes SO HARD right now

Someone please make it stop
People are making perfectly sound complaints though.

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 11:37 AM
Nope.

There's nothing to do which would be worth my time.

EQs? What's the point? None, for me. I mean, mindless community zergs certainly aren't fun or challenging.

jooozek
Apr 8, 2013, 11:41 AM
ive picked up a 5$ gamepad recently so i made a totally new char and been playing with purely the gamepad on it
but now that ive hit 49ish
its so fucking boring once again
grind is fucking unbearable
having a hard time finding AQ parties that dont sperg 1 mission ad infinitum camping on the end of them

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 11:42 AM

It's not really their fault. This game doesn't have any content to keep people interested.

You can easily access and beat 99% of PSO2's content on a level 1 account, in a couple of hours.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 11:47 AM
We all loved this game on release (or whenever we started), then later on we pretty much realised that SEGA is definitely putting more focus on releasing costumes than actual gameplay content. We've pretty much exhausted the very little there is, but it doesn't seem like it's going to pick up soon.

Improvement to AIs, increase in amount of quests (with variety -- there's no variety in these since they're all randomly generated and feel the same), things to do, aim for, etc. would definitely get people playing more over additional costumes to dress your characters up in.

Sp-24
Apr 8, 2013, 11:50 AM
We all loved this game on release (or whenever we started), then later on we pretty much realised that SEGA is definitely putting more focus on releasing costumes than actual gameplay content. We've pretty much exhausted the very little there is, but it doesn't seem like it's going to pick up soon.

Improvement to AIs, increase in amount of quests (with variety -- there's no variety in these since they're all randomly generated and feel the same), things to do, aim for, etc. would definitely get people playing more over additional costumes to dress your characters up in.
They wouldn't get people to pay more, though. And imagine the reaction on this forum if Sega announced premium-only quests (or even areas).

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 11:51 AM
I AFK in the lobby or try to remember to log in after every :45 on the clock in case Falz shows up. Only EQ worth doing unless there's an event. Otherwise I'll join someone's run if they want to do something. Nothing I'm particularly hunting for, but MST is always nice.

I'm bored with the game, but I just have to prove all these idiots on PSO-W wrong. Nah, I'm interested in the finer mechanics and I'll test things that people come up with. Gotta keep up with all the new "content" to know what to complain about.

HeartBreak301
Apr 8, 2013, 11:52 AM
Well we're going to be getting Dragon Altar soon as well as a few new Advance Quests, so hopefully some people will at least take a complaint hiatus as soon as those are released.

I really hope the City AQ will have Hunar as a boss, I'm tired of not having a good way to hunt the only weapon I want. It's starting to feel like PGF all over again but without Respective Tomorrow. That's really my only gripe at the moment.

Jungo Torii
Apr 8, 2013, 12:00 PM
Still aiming for Hunar's sword and Dragon slayer that's enough to keep me playing.

I'm practically convinced Elder Pain is a myth and it's just all some scheme to motivate me to keep playing.

Honestly, I still find the game to be pretty fun. But I can also attribute a lot of my fun to social experiences. I enjoy the gameplay but not as much as I feel I could if it were executed in a better manner.

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2013, 12:06 PM
People are making perfectly sound complaints though.

Yeah, "Episode" is just another buzzword they use to exploit the PSO nostalgia, just like how they called PSU2 "PSO2". So no need to get worked up about that.That's not a complaint, that's just complete idiocy.

PSO2 has exactly as much to do with PSU as it does with the original PSO. At most you could call it a hybrid between the two that advances in some areas (combat particularly) and regresses in others (rare weapon special abilities) but it is a far, FAR cry from PSU2 and trying to distance PSO2 from the original just screams of nostalgic fanboy bullshit to me.

Meta77
Apr 8, 2013, 01:19 PM
Ive been at the game for about close to 3 months going on 4 now. I have to say I love the game. Every bit, from the music, to enemies, to getting killed by clones. I will say I am sad there are not more areas but not every mmo out the has 2000 areas to keep that "segment" of fan contempt just cause they burn through everything in a few sittings. The game is just fun and better than a lot of other mmos out there truthfully. I like the sci-fi mix of ps games. Always been the draw for me. :o

Alex305!
Apr 8, 2013, 01:21 PM
Don't like the game, but TOMODACHI make it tolerable. Also sticking around to see the new Amdouchia TA in hopes that the target enemies are those Dragontwats. Oh yeah, and dat Tower, they can't botch a Tower...

Can anyone explain the significance of target enemies?

Also,I still play this game and I'm trying my hardest to try to enjoy this but this game is flawed. There is so much potential but because of the changes to make this game more like a MMO it really lost the phantasy star online charm. I'm in limbo right now soul searching for a new class or something to keep me interested. I just wish I didn't have to do stupid fetch and elimination quest just to level at a decent pace and as a insult to injury I can only carry a certain amount of these quests. Its not fun unless I just ignore that and willfully play this game in a manner that is inconvenient and that also becomes less fun.

Emp
Apr 8, 2013, 01:25 PM
Its ok. A bit of difficulty seems to have been lost since I started my leveling my TE class. One shooting enemies left and right.

Hansha
Apr 8, 2013, 01:25 PM
If shop farming and idling in my room is considered playing the game, then yeah I'm playing it.

blace
Apr 8, 2013, 01:26 PM
For reasons unknown, I still play, just not as often. I used to log in daily, but now it's every other day, either from the PC or my Vita and get off a few runs. Probably to due with how I mostly solo this game on 3 characters, probably has to do with how different it is compared to other game with similar styles. Having played a bit after the launch, I'm barely hitting the old level cap of 40. Just barely reaching it.

In any case, I try to keep it engaging for myself, but it is difficult to do so.

RedRaz0r
Apr 8, 2013, 01:27 PM
I don't understand this thread.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 01:28 PM
Can anyone explain the significance of target enemies?
In the first Amduscia TA, your target enemies were the Darkers, and you were supposed to protect the Dragonkin, but the Dragonkin were so #$!#$$%! annoying by jumping into your attacks or just getting themselves killed that it became really annoying that you had to do the eliminations in Area 3 even though it's not your fault.

So it would be really satisfying to get your own back on them.

Alex305!
Apr 8, 2013, 01:41 PM
In the first Amduscia TA, your target enemies were the Darkers, and you were supposed to protect the Dragonkin, but the Dragonkin were so #$!#$$%! annoying by jumping into your attacks or just getting themselves killed that it became really annoying that you had to do the eliminations in Area 3 even though it's not your fault.

So it would be really satisfying to get your own back on them.

I see. Thanks bro! I always wondered why I had to do the first gate in area 3 all of the time. They just kept getting themselves killed.

Gardios
Apr 8, 2013, 01:43 PM
I play mainly for dress-up and social interactions... Gameplay is pretty fun though! Story is also starting to get interesting, even if many put it off as "lol mmo story"—I personally still like it!

Sayara
Apr 8, 2013, 01:50 PM
Having others to play the game with is what gets me back to pso2. Before when i knew nobody it was dreadful but having people who engage into doing stuff or even just sitting and talking bout whatever is a nice experience. (except when DND gets all my FO drops.)

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 01:50 PM
I see. Thanks bro! I always wondered why I had to do the first gate in area 3 all of the time. They just kept getting themselves killed.

In anything but VH I just wipe the floor clean of anything that moves, no survivors. My party is lucky there's no friendly fire.

It's faster anyway since I don't have to single target all the darkies and end up watching the dragon people vaporize after stubbing their toe making me do the codes ANYWAY

~Aya~
Apr 8, 2013, 01:52 PM
I'll start off by saying that I love this game. The gameplay and difficulty are perfect for me. (I don't play many video games.. I suck)

My friends mean the world to me as well. They just make the game 100x better and more fun.

Jaqlou is lazy~

Sankyuu arigatou!! o(≧▽≦)o*

Reiketsu
Apr 8, 2013, 02:12 PM
Story is also starting to get interesting, even if many put it off as "lol mmo story"—I personally still like it!

I finished the story yesterday and sure... it's nothing all too special or something I haven't seen before (at least so far, maybe it will get better with Ep. II), but I actually liked it a lot, especially the characters and the Kuna chapters.
For me it was definitely enjoyable and the last 3 MBs had me really hooked and even got me all teary-eyed, lol (okay, seriously, the scene before the credits roll made me cry ;_;")
I'm kinda sad I have to wait till Ep. II now till new MB stuff is added :/

~Aya~
Apr 8, 2013, 02:31 PM
I finished the story yesterday and sure... it's nothing all too special or something I haven't seen before (at least so far, maybe it will get better with Ep. II), but I actually liked it a lot, especially the characters and the Kuna chapters.
For me it was definitely enjoyable and the last 3 MBs had me really hooked and even got me all teary-eyed, lol (okay, seriously, the scene before the credits roll made me cry ;_;")
I'm kinda sad I have to wait till Ep. II now till new MB stuff is added :/

I will lend you a shoulder to cry on~

Now come into my arms forever~

Mokyu
Apr 8, 2013, 02:32 PM
I play on and off... Usually just do klessidas CO's every week and wait for Falz lol

Jakosifer
Apr 8, 2013, 02:37 PM
I usually just kill Dragontwats after their respective Darker opponents are dead, since they won't count towards Elimination annoyance in B3, and I get some satisfaction out of it, especially that damn worm. But would love it if I could take out a ton of pent up hatred on that entire race without a penalty in a TA full of them (and if the 2nd TA's are all as combat oriented as Nab2 I'll be in heaven).

Watch though, Amdouchia 2 that summoner dude stalks you the whole time summoning Dragontwats you aren't allowed to kill that will die in one stray hit/tech/bullet as your target type are Darkers, again.

@Aya - why you gotta nag me for chillin like a villain

~Aya~
Apr 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
I usually just kill Dragontwats after their respective Darker opponents are dead, since they won't count towards Elimination annoyance in B3, and I get some satisfaction out of it, especially that damn worm. But would love it if I could take out a ton of pent up hatred on that entire race without a penalty in a TA full of them (and if the 2nd TA's are all as combat oriented as Nab2 I'll be in heaven).

Watch though, Amdouchia 2 that summoner dude stalks you the whole time summoning Dragontwats you aren't allowed to kill that will die in one stray hit/tech/bullet as your target type are Darkers, again.

@Aya - why you gotta nag me for chillin like a villain

I agree with this.. would be both annoying and interesting.

@Jaqlou - is that what they call it now? You, me, assbuster huntin tooniiight!

BlankM
Apr 8, 2013, 02:58 PM
Play the game a lot, but I've also been bedridden for the past week.

I actually enjoy the game for what it is, even though I have problems with what it isn't. I'm not usually one for power grinding or anything so having friends to play with helps.

I didn't care for any PS game besides PSO up until PSO2 came out, so I was pretty impressed with the gameplay when I first came to it. Its starting to come to the point where theres nothing to do, but I enjoy making up odd builds and testing all the various weapons so I'm not bored with the game yet. I'm looking forward to the update this Tuesday for the exp changes and new skills.

Oh and Seabed+Tower sound fun, but not really what I'm looking for. I don't really play games by myself anymore so PSO2 fills a spot in my gaming life.

supersonix9
Apr 8, 2013, 03:18 PM
If I am awake and at home, I am probably on PSO2.

Ezodagrom
Apr 8, 2013, 03:29 PM
I play and still enjoy the game, even though sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything. ^^;

Zerolimit
Apr 8, 2013, 03:29 PM
i can honestly say that i find this game to be boring as compared to other mmo's. however i find myself spotty in playing it ive never leveled anything passed 30 without getting overwhelmingly bored. /endtwocents

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2013, 03:50 PM
I log in fairly frequently. While I do have some problems with PSO2, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. Personally, I can't imagine allocating time to a game that's not entertaining me. If I have serious grievances with a game's direction or paradigm, I've got absolutely zero problems with not playing it and never giving it a second thought. That's how I quit WoW in Cata, that's how I quit SWTOR, that's how I quit Age of Conan, and many more. Life's just too short, you know?

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 8, 2013, 04:15 PM
I only play to keep up and socialize

Cast is mainly for extra taco meseta

TehblackUchiha
Apr 8, 2013, 04:19 PM
Not really loging on that much anymore just checking shops is all i ever do when i'm on. When there is something to do i will be on. Wednesday I will be on for dat dragon sanctuary hoping that will be good. Episode 2 is what i really want to see though.

MetalDude
Apr 8, 2013, 04:33 PM
Only on for friends. Game's dried up a lot and they're taking a damn long time to get anything out.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 04:34 PM
but...

costumes guys!

:(

BIG OLAF
Apr 8, 2013, 04:34 PM
I kinda sit and twiddle my thumbs most days since I don't have many people to play with, and the ones I do have are always indisposed. But, I do play, and I do like to play. I just need a more open friend list.

Blundy
Apr 8, 2013, 04:41 PM
i play with my brother and we're still having loads of fun, we play when we can.

lostinseganet
Apr 8, 2013, 06:46 PM
I do not have it yet. I want world servers, but that may never come true. I think i am going to wait until they release the american version, and see how good it is....It is free to play.

Syklo
Apr 8, 2013, 08:51 PM
Never got bored of this game; still playing.

Because RNG is fun.

Agastya
Apr 8, 2013, 10:12 PM
i like rng stuff and i dont worry about my gear constantly so yes i play the game

this thread kind of depresses me

Inazuma
Apr 8, 2013, 10:45 PM
Lately I just do Dark Falz for a 0.00000001% chance at Psycho Wand. The rest of the game is doing Advance Quests, which are rather difficult to find a party for, and the capsule/risk systems are restricting. Oh, and being unable to join mid-quest is dumb too. Basically, I liked the game a hell of a lot more in Very Hard mode. AQs were a major step back.

Thankfully we are getting a new area soon that is VH, not AQ. I can see myself playing a bit more when that happens. Hopefully Ultimate mode comes out soon too because the game seriously lacks any sort of challenge.

Punisher106
Apr 8, 2013, 11:09 PM
I tend to play every now and again, but it's mostly the lack of confidence, since a faceroll is enough to make me ragequit, and include that Gameguard makes my computer freeze half the time. Has INCA been DDoSed, yet?

Anyway, I do try my best to remain active in the game, but with how hellish levelling can get, yeah.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 9, 2013, 12:07 AM
Playing since july, I have yet to reach level cap in any class. I go by my own pace, do Client Orders and search for matters for the current matter board I'm on.
Still have lots of stuff in-game to do, and with EM, I've never gotten bored in the game.

I dont give a fukk about maxing equipment or AQs. I do wish I would actually encounter Parallel Areas.. lol, But other than that I have fun playing the game.

AzureBlaze
Apr 9, 2013, 12:10 AM
I WANT to play more. I really do.
I think TA is fun, I think the abduction area would be fun but it never happens, etc. Yes theres more they could do to make it more fun. Like why were the latest things released AQs & TAs & abduction...which all like REQUIRES at LEAST 3 people to be fun or productive? Throw the soloers a bone or something. I think that's just bad timing on their part. I have trouble getting more than just 2 people so like everything new is inaccessable.

AQ- if you run w/2 people you dont get enough capsules for next area
Abduct - if you dont have at least 3, it doesnt PSEB enough to give good stuff. Plus it like never happens which is a ripoff
TA - Goes faster with more than 2 or 1

My biggest issue:
There is NO ONE to play with. All parties don't speak 1 word. MPA is silent, even with however many people. You can't meet even a single, measly friend on this game. Barely literate english speakers? In spades. JPs who climb into my block 20 eng name, eng descript, eng charname game and want to find a jp person but get me instead? Commonplace. No one joins any game. Does CAST have the plague now? I can do runs anywhere/any diff & get no joins.

Friends?
They either "dont have the time" or they quit because where the hfil is the world version? Everyone wants eng. release and is just holding out. Others wont even touch this ver because "engver has to be close yeah, there's no point". Can't make friends, can't bring friends = out of luck.

I like to play pso to meet people, go on adventures, talk about stuff, find cool stuff, create cool characters (that does NOT mean dress up dolly time rrrghgghghg), and basically just hang out in all the content. They're actively blocking me from like most of that. (no world news, multi person only areas but no one to go with, annoying overly sexy female outfits so they can neglect cast, RNG of course--but I dont even care about RNG, if it's FUN to hunt for the thing because you're hanging out with cool people in cool areas...who cares about RNG? It becomes a non issue because it's fun if you get it OR while you didn't yet get it.

I never grudge content.
Even if I think it's silly (wet bath towel), or would never wear it (bucket head for male cast), but when catering just 1 thing makes a little more money, don't let it drive away people who WOULD pay if you just stopped neglecting something. The dress up crowd is great. Give 'em tons of content. But don't prioritize the dress up people above the adventurers who want to fight actual monsters in areas & go on quests.

It needs balance.
Soloable areas,
multi areas,
HARDer areas for hardcore players,
clothing for everyone, not just sexytime female human only (boys, girls, casts, caseals etc.
QUESTS - non-fetch too...just put something together. (ex. get to point x, then use gun emplacement to defeat the end mob, theres a billion things you could do with pre existing items & areas)

Don't just put outfits, that shoots it in the foot. People may pay for them in the short term, but if there's nothing fun to do in your super panty strippertime battlethong...they'll still quit in the long/short run. Treating everything fairly is key, as all kinds play the game.

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 12:39 AM
I WANT to play more. I really do.
I think TA is fun, I think the abduction area would be fun but it never happens, etc. Yes theres more they could do to make it more fun. Like why were the latest things released AQs & TAs & abduction...which all like REQUIRES at LEAST 3 people to be fun or productive? Throw the soloers a bone or something. I think that's just bad timing on their part. I have trouble getting more than just 2 people so like everything new is inaccessable.

Abduct - if you dont have at least 3, it doesnt PSEB enough to give good stuff. Plus it like never happens which is a ripoff
TA - Goes faster with more than 2 or 1

My biggest issue:
There is NO ONE to play with. All parties don't speak 1 word. MPA is silent, even with however many people. You can't meet even a single, measly friend on this game. Barely literate english speakers? In spades. JPs who climb into my block 20 eng name, eng descript, eng charname game and want to find a jp person but get me instead? Commonplace. No one joins any game. Does CAST have the plague now? I can do runs anywhere/any diff & get no joins.

Friends?
They either "dont have the time" or they quit because where the hfil is the world version? Everyone wants eng. release and is just holding out. Others wont even touch this ver because "engver has to be close yeah, there's no point". Can't make friends, can't bring friends = out of luck.

I like to play pso to meet people, go on adventures, talk about stuff, find cool stuff, create cool characters (that does NOT mean dress up dolly time rrrghgghghg), and basically just hang out in all the content. They're actively blocking me from like most of that. (no world news, multi person only areas but no one to go with, annoying overly sexy female outfits so they can neglect cast, RNG of course--but I dont even care about RNG, if it's FUN to hunt for the thing because you're hanging out with cool people in cool areas...who cares about RNG? It becomes a non issue because it's fun if you get it OR while you didn't yet get it.

I never grudge content.
Even if I think it's silly (wet bath towel), or would never wear it (bucket head for male cast), but when catering just 1 thing makes a little more money, don't let it drive away people who WOULD pay if you just stopped neglecting something. The dress up crowd is great. Give 'em tons of content. But don't prioritize the dress up people above the adventurers who want to fight actual monsters in areas & go on quests.

It needs balance.
Soloable areas,
multi areas,
HARDer areas for hardcore players,
clothing for everyone, not just sexytime female human only (boys, girls, casts, caseals etc.
QUESTS - non-fetch too...just put something together. (ex. get to point x, then use gun emplacement to defeat the end mob, theres a billion things you could do with pre existing items & areas)

Don't just put outfits, that shoots it in the foot. People may pay for them in the short term, but if there's nothing fun to do in your super panty strippertime battlethong...they'll still quit in the long/short run. Treating everything fairly is key, as all kinds play the game.

I agree

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 12:53 AM
My biggest issue:

Use the Player Matchup forum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) or join others' games and speak up and send friend requests. I've met people just running content and added them up to do something later. Could always look for an active English speaking Team to join as well.

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 12:56 AM
My biggest issue:

I wonder how many players have this issue in particular.

I am very fortunate to have both an active team and an ENORMOUS friends list that gives me plenty of opportunities to find people to run with. I can imagine that the game is considerably less enjoyable if you don't have such resources available to you. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is at the core of many players' indifference towards the game...

Ueno54
Apr 9, 2013, 01:55 AM
I'd keep my interest for longer than a week or two at a time if rare farming was more similar to PSO. It may be me, but this drop system just doesn't have the same hook as the old game.

Rien
Apr 9, 2013, 02:21 AM
This sounds like a "do you even lift?" thread.

MetalDude
Apr 9, 2013, 02:24 AM
I'd keep my interest for longer than a week or two at a time if rare farming was more similar to PSO. It may be me, but this drop system just doesn't have the same hook as the old game.

This is definitely a big part of it seeing how the higher stats alone on weapons aren't even worth hunting in the first place, not considering their awful drop rates.

Vashyron
Apr 9, 2013, 02:26 AM
Don't even remember the last time I logged in... it was sometime before advance quests even happened.

Currently awaiting Episode 2 to create a Dewman character in then potentially get bored again in 2 weeks or so. :wacko:

EvilMag
Apr 9, 2013, 02:28 AM
Don't even remember the last time I logged in... it was sometime before advance quests even happened.

Currently awaiting Episode 2 to create a Dewman character in then potentially get bored again in 2 weeks or so. :wacko:

I always assume you're waiting for the Judgement Coat to come out.8-)

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 9, 2013, 02:35 AM
Been playing since open beta. Still play it and will probably play it till the servers go down years from now.

Vashyron
Apr 9, 2013, 02:41 AM
I always assume you're waiting for the Judgement Coat to come out.8-)

Ahahaha, dude. In the original post I was going to mention I was also going to log in to buy a Judgement Coat or two when they get released but I left it out.

:wacko:

Ce'Nedra
Apr 9, 2013, 03:34 AM
I used to play a lot but now I spend my time more on MH3U. I'm kinda waiting for a good update to PSO2, Aside 2 weapons I got everything I want right now and I'm in no rush either because there is no fun if there is nothing to do (gear maxed/affixed, level cap etc). Though once I get my last Urgent done on MH3U I can play that more casual like I want to and split my time more equal between PSo2 and MH3U I hope.

Alisha
Apr 9, 2013, 04:02 AM
my biggest problem with the game is that since CO's are so important to getting exp. you cant just randomly join a friends party and make any real dent in your tnl wich wasnt the case in PSPo2 or infinity. as a result i often afk in the lobby and alt +tab

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 04:07 AM
Whaaa? I get ~600k a day without COs and just helping friends or running AQs on ship 9. Actually if I run AQs steadily I get at least a 2 excubes a day(over 1.2mil exp).

Sounds like you're doing something wrong.

TA - Goes faster with more than 2 or 1.

AQ- I usually get 15-20 caps a run. sometimes I get closer to 40 and that's just playing with 1 other person.
Abduct- Playing with that same friend, we actually have to drop our bursts to move on or else we'd never get to Hunar and we wants that Elder Pain.
TA- 9-12 minutes is too long?

Find a friend. Two people can dominate the game with the right classes and some decent skill.

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 05:15 AM
i like how you tell him to find a friend when he clearly talks about duoing everything
A++++

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 05:38 AM
AQs - With 4 people I usually get about 5~10 capsules per run, doing full map clears and with long ass bursts. :wacko: Although when I decided to just start running to the boss, killing on the way (which is far more efficient than full map clears item wise, EXP wise and risk wise), I still got roughly the same amount anyway.

Abduction - With 4 people I usually don't burst once because the PSEs don't wanna trigger. We're not slow either because I run with people who TA very often. Pretty much luck.

TA - Well this idk. Gear can be a huge thing here, but a lot of people play their "fun" combination and complain about things being slow when it's obvious that combination is kind of inefficient overall, like GU/RA and FI/GU and x/FO. Yes, it's kind of poor game design at the same time, but still...

When it comes to AQs and Abduction, it's all luck and playing in a certain manner won't necessarily help.

The problem with this game is that it doesn't reward people enough for just playing. Some decent amount of EXP without having to pop 75% boosters and take a bunch of COs would be nice (you might get 600k per day, but I get nothing close to that if I play all day without popping EXP tickets / doing AQs / doing MPAs / taking COs (because they're down, lol.)) I guess 75% boosters aren't expensive anymore though, although they might be tomorrow...

Zenobia
Apr 9, 2013, 05:45 AM
Next Thread should be called JP PSO2 Emergency Code: Do you even lift?

Hahaha Oblivion Reference FTW~!

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 05:50 AM
Next Thread should be called JP PSO2 Emergency Code: Do you even lift?

Hahaha Oblivion Reference FTW~!

more like
SoJ: do you even SoA?

Xenobia
Apr 9, 2013, 06:46 AM
I consistently maintain a premium subscription and am currently working on leveling up my third (technically fourth) character.

Needless to say, I am quite pleased with the game thus far, despite warts and all.

Can you be more accurate? What is the stuff you enjoy the most?

Railkune
Apr 9, 2013, 08:16 AM
I personally still enjoy the game. I don't really bother with TA's and such unless my friends want to do them, then I enjoy handling those with them. For me, the game can get a bit dull if you play solo, but with friends I don't find myself bored at all.

Rien
Apr 9, 2013, 08:35 AM
more like
SoJ: do you even SoA?

SoA: Do you even PSO2?

Merumeru
Apr 9, 2013, 09:25 AM
X3 Gotta say I'm having fun with the game and playing at least a few hours daily; of course, that's because I started a month ago and I'm not max level, which apparently awards you with the somehow justifiable ability to whine about there not being enough end-game content XD

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 09:33 AM
X3 Gotta say I'm having fun with the game and playing at least a few hours daily; of course, that's because I started a month ago and I'm not max level, which apparently awards you with the somehow justifiable ability to whine about there not being enough end-game content XD

because we all played this just a month like you right
haha oh wow
art thou 4 real

gravityvx
Apr 9, 2013, 09:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT7RIyurrMs

Renvalt
Apr 9, 2013, 10:44 AM
I'm continuing to play this game. There are still a number of things I have yet to do, those being:

-Visit the Darker's Den (with possible video footage)
-Create and defeat my own clone (again, possible video footage)
-Find a 10* that I actually like and get it to drop (I have terrible luck when it comes to rares)
-Get Gunner, Hunter and the Tech wielding classes to Level 40+ (and get Fighter to 60), so that I can VH anything with any power, be it a lightsaber, a blaster, or the almighty power of the Force!
-Create a Cast and get him to Level 40 in every class except main (his main class I'll get to 60, same as Kurei)
-Clear every quest on every difficulty (and on every route, in the case of SQs).
-Max out all NPC affections (this also goes hand in hand with clearing every CO).
-Get a potential'd weapon to Level 3 potential.

These are but a handful of goals that I'm after (and more may be added as SEGA adds content), but one thing's for certain: with the huge flux of Celtic Arthurian Conan-esque MMORPGs in the market, having a good Sci-Fi Action MMO is a godsend for me. I haven't been able to be fired up to play any other game, this is probably the only one for me worth playing.

Also, this is just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt: Nostalgia fags who smoke nostalgia simply for the need to feel important (whether that be because you wanna be hipster disco-style or simply need a reason to make your "friends" worship you) need to die in the most excruciating way possible. I propose crucifying them and then making them gaze at their family, moments before I drop them into a pit of scalding molten steel.

I get that you don't want people to forget that certain things exist, but there's no need to praise stuff in the 80s/90s simply because you're somehow trying to genocide generational development.

That's why generation gaps exist, ya know - it happened with our parents when we were growing up (Jack Thompson's crusade against video games and the numerous adults who believed his rhetoric at the time), it happened with their parents too (rock and roll, dancing, Elvis Presley, the Beatles, etc.). To say it won't happen with ours is ignoring reality.

Those that can embrace change and tolerate it (or even accept it and adapt to it) are those that will survive the storm of the generational flag passing. Those that don't will quickly find themselves becoming obsolete. VERY quickly.

I, for one, like the way this game works. It has flaws, and it has sharp shinies. But I'd like to quote something someone said in a Sonic 06 playthrough (since I believe it relevant): "It's moreso about if you can manage to put up with what's wrong at times".

I think this is the ideal way to play a video game. But that's just me - you guys have free will to disagree with me. Doesn't mean you can be an intolerant git about it though.

gravityvx
Apr 9, 2013, 11:03 AM
^I don't really understand why you're bringing up this long speech about nostalgia when the majority of complaints in here have nothing to do with nostalgia, at all. Creating self goals is fine, that was never ever an issue to begin with, in fact that's how it should be. But pretending the game does not need much improvement is kind of silly and would only hurt it in the long run if everyone followed this train of thought. I'm glad people enjoy the game, I want it to succeed, but what I don't want is for them to keep throwing in more fodder maps that look somewhat nice but lack any substance aside from the bosses, as I said before more maps like Darker's Den, throw in more difficulty than there and I'd be happy. Hoping this tower isn't terrible, my last hope right there but knowing sega I won't hold my breath.

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 11:09 AM
^I don't really understand why you're bringing up this long speech about nostalgia when the majority of complaints in here have nothing to do with nostalgia, at all. Creating self goals is fine, that was never ever an issue to begin with, in fact that's how it should be. But pretending the game does not need much improvement is kind of silly and would only hurt it in the long run if everyone followed this train of thought. I'm glad people enjoy the game, I want it to succeed, but what I don't want is for them to keep throwing in more fodder maps that look somewhat nice but lack any substance aside from the bosses, as I said before more maps like Darker's Den, throw in more difficulty than there and I'd be happy. Hoping this tower isn't terrible, my last hope right there but knowing sega I won't hold my breath.

he goes off on a tangent in most of his posts... I also don't think he has a good grasp of what nostalgia even means.

it's just a feeling you get for things past. Nobody 'likes' nostalgia to "feel important" or be a hipster.(WTF?) nostalgia just brings you back to another time.

and yeah nostalgia had nothing to do with this discussion anyway, so I have no idea what he's on about. Most of his posts just confuse me

Du1337
Apr 9, 2013, 11:11 AM
Fun parties and long PSE's with some rares so now and then gives me motivation to go on!

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 11:15 AM

This has become a thing in the PS community. People say that if it's new it is automatically better, and if you dislike it you are nostalgic.

Nobody really bothers to look up the word, especially not Renvalt. Nostalgia is when you disregard something old's faults and saying it's better than something new, or misremembering something as though it had no or fewer faults, or even just plain saying it was better than you said it was back then. Saying it's as good as you used to back then? Not nostalgia. Saying we should be implementing an older thing's success is...not nostalgia either. Saying you liked something and what it accomplished for its time...not nostalgia. Expressing a preference for a different style of game, such as the difference between PSO1 and PSO2's combat mechanics or map layouts is also not nostalgia.

Remius ranting on and on and on in the bumped comments reeks of nostalgia, but even he has good points about PSO2's flaws.

Calling it nostalgia when someone here says they miss unique weapons, or they preferred PSO1's environments, or they liked partner machines more, or they want battle/challenge mode, or they find this game has less replay value...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Renvalt
Apr 9, 2013, 11:18 AM

Well, it's better than Nexon at this point... right? I mean, they pump out money-grabbing content faster than those plagiarists that just mod a game and call it "original" (I won't mention names, but it should be pretty obvious which group I'm referring to).

I'm not denying the fact that certain things need improvement, although perhaps because I'm not as good as you are that I have the right to appreciate the game as it is now.

I mean, I'm not a soulless Ensidia-tier leetfreak whose only purpose is to grind to endgame, then beat the hardest content for sponsorship dollars (I'm not calling you all those things, btw, but some just ring a tad more true).

And it's funny - every time I bring this up, you want to silence me like my opinions are coming from some mentally annoying brat who (justifiably) has a problem with how you see things.

But EVERY FUCKING TIME, it's "Sega do this", "Sega do that", or "Sega wash my back". Stop acting so entitled. I'm not demanding Sakai to do everything that I want, like some pseudo-Stalin wannabe.

I too wanna see variety. I have ideas as well - doesn't mean that they'll be taken up, but expressing them is something I have the right to enjoy. Every time I try to, though, it's "Kill him! He's speaking his mind! He's the fucking devil!" like I'm guilty for even uttering a single word!

Whatever. The bottom line is: I play this game because nothing else has appeared to sate my interests.

@Gigawuts - Maybe. The internet has twisted the definition of the word, like it does to almost everything else that surfaces on it.

I'm not saying that "new" is automatically better. Hell, the new Devil May Cry is shit - I don't like that it officially became one-part HotD Overkill Homage, one-part Twilight wannabe, and one-part American propaganda machine (although that last one is hit or miss, tbh).

With that said, the same could be said for old things being left in their state. I'm all for respecting classics, but to say someone isn't allowed to recreate it is just.... well, it's wrong.

Pros and cons exist in everything. That's not going to change. But even *I* can spot a terrible game from miles away (CoD, WoW, Scarlet Blade, MapleStory, DmC, SFxT, etc).

It's one thing to bash when something is intentionally done wrong despite advice to the contrary, but bashing a game for ONE element that doesn't really take away from the game is just stupid.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 11:20 AM
Renvalt people want to silence you like people want to silence the schizophrenic yelling about microphones in his teeth.

It's because what you say is fucking crazy.

Go buy a dictionary, for all of our sakes.

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 11:25 AM
Well, it's better than Nexon at this point... right? I mean, they pump out money-grabbing content faster than those plagiarists that just mod a game and call it "original" (I won't mention names, but it should be pretty obvious which group I'm referring to).

I'm not denying the fact that certain things need improvement, although perhaps because I'm not as good as you are that I have the right to appreciate the game as it is now.

I mean, I'm not a soulless Ensidia-tier leetfreak whose only purpose is to grind to endgame, then beat the hardest content for sponsorship dollars (I'm not calling you all those things, btw, but some just ring a tad more true).

And it's funny - every time I bring this up, you want to silence me like my opinions are coming from some mentally annoying brat who (justifiably) has a problem with how you see things.

But EVERY FUCKING TIME, it's "Sega do this", "Sega do that", or "Sega wash my back". Stop acting so entitled. I'm not demanding Sakai to do everything that I want, like some pseudo-Stalin wannabe.

I too wanna see variety. I have ideas as well - doesn't mean that they'll be taken up, but expressing them is something I have the right to enjoy. Every time I try to, though, it's "Kill him! He's speaking his mind! He's the fucking devil!" like I'm guilty for even uttering a single word!

Whatever. The bottom line is: I play this game because nothing else has appeared to sate my interests.

yeah I legitimately don't know what you're talking about 99% of the time.

I think gigawuts is right about needing a dictionary, you seem to namedrop buzzwords without even knowing their definition.

that along with switching subjects mid-sentence, makes your posts confusing to read.

Merumeru
Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 AM
because we all played this just a month like you right
haha oh wow
art thou 4 realXD Waah? Oh no, I can totally understand your frustration having played this for what, like a year now and not having had much to do on it for so long XD its a universally accepted MMO truth that if one hits max level and has nothing to do, then the publisher is a fail or something like that? X3 All I said was that I'm enjoying myself because I'm not there yet with the rest of you guys <3

Well, not like I'd EVER be there actually XD even when i hit max level in a game and mystically or inevitably find myself bored, I might actually like, I don't know, DO SOMETHING ELSE.

Renvalt
Apr 9, 2013, 11:28 AM
Alrighty Gigawuts, you wanna be a fucking British Imperial Despot, go ahead. Resort to personal attacks all you fucking like.

Sometimes I wish there was a poster blacklist of some kind, so I didn't have to listen to your bullshit.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 9, 2013, 11:29 AM
Don't tell him

ttdestroy
Apr 9, 2013, 11:35 AM
Wow this thread has really devolved, I can't even tell what you guys are arguing about anymore.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 11:35 AM
Fucking British Imperial Despot.

Hah. I like it.

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 11:37 AM
We British are scary man.

Jakosifer
Apr 9, 2013, 11:39 AM
Wow this thread has really devolved, I can't even tell what you guys are arguing about anymore.

PSOW in a nutshell.

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2013, 11:42 AM

If you came into this game expecting them to update quests in a timely manner you expected waaayyy too much from Sega.
I came in here expecting fast combat and moving at my pace and taking 2-3 week breaks. I am fine with it. Could be a lot better but this is sega I expect drek from them (Which is why they will never get AC from me, they can eat a dick)

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 11:46 AM
Can you be more accurate? What is the stuff you enjoy the most?
Stuff I enjoy:

The combat - Obvious one. Yes, there are a handful of PAs that obviously outshine all the others (there's pretty much no reason to ever use anything other than Assault Buster as a partisan user), but I don't really give a toss. I'm too busy having fun being a god on the battlefield to care. It's worth noting, however, that I play exclusively glass cannons and tend to go down easier than players with Stamina Boost on everything, thus requiring me to pay more attention to incoming damage.
Huge variety between classes (force and techer notwithstanding) - Every class plays so differently that it's easy to get tons of gameplay variety just by switching between them.
Highly detailed character customization - Getting attached to my characters is impossible if I can't get them to look exactly like I want them to.
Getting ridiculous combinations of emergency codes - This needs to happen more often, as they are easily one of the highlights of the game, and the ONLY thing that makes MPAs bearable.
The most detailed chat/emote system of any game I've ever played, and I've played A LOT - Between autowords, chat shortcuts, symbol arts, the huge list of emotes, cut-in chat, the manga-style chat bubble graphics and /toge/moya they have more options in this area than anything else ever released, which, as a(n) RPer, is a big thing for me.
TONS of things to do - Between the huge list of client orders, matter boards, rares, clothing items and accessories, I'm never left wanting for things to do or aim for. I notice that they are people who don't really enjoy the client orders, but for me, they just give me an excuse to run quests I otherwise wouldn't bother with.
Extremely regular updates - My old fling, Aion, got major updates at most on the order of every 3 months. Usually more like every 6. Can you imagine if PSO2 updated at the same pace? And even if PSO2 DID update at the same pace, it'd still be more content than most other games get in their biggest updates.
The unique sci-fantasy aesthetic - The only game with an aesthetic that's even close to PSO2's is Star Ocean, and that's a single-player RPG series. In an ocean full of bog-standard fantasy fare, PSO2 is the one spot of dry land, and I love it for that.

To be fair, there are plenty of things I don't like about it, and they happen to coincide largely with the common complaints - difference is, I have enough things I do like about the game that they don't really bother me as much as the others:

Balance, balance, balance - Messed up balance within a class's own skill tree, messed up balance between PAs, messed up balance between weapons - All of these combined make the element of choice when it comes to character-building virtually nonexistent. I really hope this is something they address in the future, though I'm honestly not getting my hopes up here. The ONE thing I'd like to see them do is bring every fighter PA up to the level of Deadly Archer...
Still no Laia-esque outfit! - Come on, I just want ONE outfit that shows off midriff and biceps properly. Is that really too much to ask for? (Yeah, aesthetics means a lot to me, obviously.)
No highly difficult content - This is the one thing I think everyone agrees on. Some form of super-challenging, replayable content that would give high-level players a reason to shoot for those ridiculously expensive rares and affix them properly would be really nice. This, for example, is one of the things Mass Effect 3's multiplayer really gets right - it's always challenging, no matter how well-geared you are, and in fact Platinum difficulty in that game is so hard that only a small fraction of matches actually reach the end. PSO2 would greatly benefit from a survival-type mode like this. Just a fixed arena stage with random highly difficult spawns and random emergency codes at fixed waves would do wonders. I wonder if the tower is going to be something like this?
The graphics are mediocre - Characters aside (although even they could see some improvements), the game's just not up to par visually. Games like Tera and Blade & Soul crap all over this game when it comes to visual appeal. I hope they retouch this at some point in the future, especially older environments, as this is a major element of game replayability for me - I still replay the first Crysis game, for example, both because it's fun AND because it still looks great.

And there's one thing I'm indifferent about:

The business model - I just don't really care as long as it doesn't get in the way of my fun. The AC Scratch is annoying in that there's no alternative method for getting particular pieces I want outside of paying large sums of meseta on player shops, but the fact that player shops are there means it doesn't really inconvenience me that much. I like premium and what it offers and like the fact that not everyone agrees that it's worth the cost (if everyone DID agree then it would clearly be overvalued).

And that's that. Honestly, if they just fixed the stuff in my cons list I wouldn't ever bother playing other games. It would be nice to see some of that stuff fixed for Episode 2. Here's to hopin', aye?

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2013, 11:48 AM
Fucking British Imperial Despot.

Hah. I like it.

http://dutchreview.com/wp-content/uploads/willem-alexander-white-tie1024.jpg

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 12:42 PM
Whaaa? I get ~600k a day without COs and just helping friends or running AQs on ship 9. Actually if I run AQs steadily I get at least a 2 excubes a day(over 1.2mil exp).
I'm bringing this back up, what the hell? How long are your days? I mean I got 600k from a single Falz EQ because I popped a 75% ticket the whole time (30 Arms runs at ~20k each = oh my) but just AQs? What's your risk at now?

Alnet
Apr 9, 2013, 12:50 PM
I play mostly on the weekends since I'm either too tired, too busy, or both during the week. And I play when I've got significant vacation time too, I suppose. If friends are on, I just tag along with them and do whatever they're doing. Also makes for some nice conversation, getting to catch up with them after having not seen them for a couple weeks sometimes. If I'm on at odd hours, I do Matterboard stuff, but that's really been getting frustrating because they've been all "Kill X boss monster 120000 times for a 5* drop" lately.

I'm really sorta surprised to find that a lot of people who frequent this forum don't play the game anymore, but I respect your opinion, I guess. But it's getting old reading here and on Bumped these incessant complaints with every update (but I will admit that some of them are legitimate, like complaining about incredibly ugly costumes, like we have coming with this new one). Once I figure out how to electrocute people through the internet, I'm sure that'll be a thing of the past, though.

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 12:58 PM
right
god forbid someone has a complaint about gameplay in a dress up game

MetalDude
Apr 9, 2013, 01:00 PM
When we finally get that new area, things will simmer down for at the very least a week. The problem is we've been sitting on remixed content for several months. That's a huge dry spell.

gravityvx
Apr 9, 2013, 01:09 PM
I play mostly on the weekends since I'm either too tired, too busy, or both during the week. And I play when I've got significant vacation time too, I suppose. If friends are on, I just tag along with them and do whatever they're doing. Also makes for some nice conversation, getting to catch up with them after having not seen them for a couple weeks sometimes. If I'm on at odd hours, I do Matterboard stuff, but that's really been getting frustrating because they've been all "Kill X boss monster 120000 times for a 5* drop" lately.

I'm really sorta surprised to find that a lot of people who frequent this forum don't play the game anymore, but I respect your opinion, I guess. But it's getting old reading here and on Bumped these incessant complaints with every update (but I will admit that some of them are legitimate, like complaining about incredibly ugly costumes, like we have coming with this new one). Once I figure out how to electrocute people through the internet, I'm sure that'll be a thing of the past, though.

Okay, what? How in the hell is ugly costumes more legitimate than gameplay complaints, which would actually benefit in further making the game better? You know what, I'm not even gonna get into this again but yeah, that sounded so damn silly I just had to make sure you knew how silly that sounded. If this really is a legitimate complaint over everything else I fear for this games future.

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 01:11 PM
Eh. I can't even complain about it anymore.

most people here are playing and paying for the dress up.

I'm only sticking around for a couple more updates before I uninstall the game and never look back.

I don't want to insult those people who like dress up and cosmetics, but its not my thing. it is kind of funny that he would consider things like AI, balance, drop rates, etc. stupid complaints, but "new costumes are ugly" is totally valid --

but thats the community we are playing with.

I think a good game with good customization is AWESOME, but when the customization becomes central over the action...that's a problem for me.

~Aya~
Apr 9, 2013, 01:15 PM
All of you need to have some cheesecake.

Sit back, relax, eat your piece of cheesecake.

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 01:16 PM
I think a good game with good customization is AWESOME, but when the customization becomes central over the action...that's a problem for me.
Bingo.

Walkure
Apr 9, 2013, 01:19 PM
I'm bringing this back up, what the hell? How long are your days? I mean I got 600k from a single Falz EQ because I popped a 75% ticket the whole time (30 Arms runs at ~20k each = oh my) but just AQs? What's your risk at now?That's pretty dang impressive to get 1m hands runs considering:

30s Teleporter Activation
3s countdown
~5s for Entry Cutscene
~5s for Exit Cutscene
Whatever amount for getting to the teleporter to the fight, getting to the teleporter to ship, and signing up for the quest again.

Are you just consistently getting 10s actual fights, or am I just doing something wrong when getting to the fight and whatnot?

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 01:21 PM
All of you need to have some cheesecake.

Sit back, relax, eat your piece of cheesecake.

But Cheesecake only gives 30 R-Atk, I don't need that.

It also gets you fat.

MoonAtomizer
Apr 9, 2013, 01:24 PM
Falz EQ nets ~200k EXP with 75% ticket.

I would know, considering that was my only source of EXP due to not playing the rest of the game (lol). Team runs generally aren't as efficient as they should be because you always have those parties that try and loot drops, which waste a lot of time.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 01:30 PM
That's pretty dang impressive to get 1m hands runs considering:

30s Teleporter Activation
3s countdown
~5s for Entry Cutscene
~5s for Exit Cutscene
Whatever amount for getting to the teleporter to the fight, getting to the teleporter to ship, and signing up for the quest again.

Are you just consistently getting 10s actual fights, or am I just doing something wrong when getting to the fight and whatnot?
Yeah it varies per run, of course, but I'll often finish completely before 19:00 on the clock. A good mix of Fo and Ra in the group just locks them down with constant stun and WB for everyone to wail on the things. I didn't count exactly 30, but I did end with ~600k. Plus if you start another at :29+ instead of waiting for :30 to start the Elder, you can sneak in that last one and still get a full group after.

Autorun during load screens, first person to reach the teleporter activates it (you'll get 10+ people by that point if you're in a full block), ESC the mission results, and accept the new quest quickly (press Up to wrap to the bottom and mash Accept).

Walkure
Apr 9, 2013, 01:31 PM
Falz EQ nets ~200k EXP with 75% ticket.

I would know, considering that was my only source of EXP due to not playing the rest of the game (lol). Team runs generally aren't as efficient as they should be because you always have those parties that try and loot drops, which waste a lot of time.If the party leader isn't looting, everyone else can loot while the leader signs up for the next quest.

edit:

Yeah it varies per run, of course, but I'll often finish completely before 19:00 on the clock. A good mix of Fo and Ra in the group just locks them down with constant stun and WB for everyone to wail on the things. I didn't count exactly 30, but I did end with ~600k. Plus if you start another at :29+ instead of waiting for :30 to start the Elder, you can sneak in that last one and still get a full group after.

Autorun during load screens, first person to reach the teleporter activates it (you'll get 10+ people by that point if you're in a full block), ESC the mission results, and accept the new quest quickly (press Up to wrap to the bottom and mash Accept).Didn't even know that worked. Thanks for that!

Doesn't the 20m countdown only start when the fight starts? If so, that's still going to mean significantly less runs than 30 before Elder begins.

How much EXP are/were you getting per run? With a 75% ticket and a full party, it SHOULD be 16.8k, from what I know. If you've got another bonus or something on top of it, that'd make more sense.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 01:34 PM
I'll usually watch for a shiny stone, since those can drop from Arms now, but MST rings and Elder souls aren't worth the trouble.

And always make sure you're in a party for bonus EXP. EXP affixes can help too, but not if it's on weak equipment.

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 01:36 PM
And always make sure you're in a party for bonus EXP. EXP affixes can help too, but not if it's on weak equipment.
could always switch to it on the 10% health message

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 01:40 PM
~600k requires 30 runs of arms (or more), which isn't really humanly possible considering loading times, cutscenes, countdowns, etc. With a full party you get 16,800 EXP with a 75% ticket if I remember correctly, with about 1,840 extra EXP from the code, and each run would have to be like 10 seconds long at most.

Bit of an overexaggeration, I think. I've popped 135% EXP (75% + Tri-Boost), but gotten around 300k or a bit less with efficient team runs.

Also Arms can't drop the shiny stones (unless you can give me a screenshot to prove it to me), they drop from red codes.

Alnet
Apr 9, 2013, 01:48 PM
Okay, what? How in the hell is ugly costumes more legitimate than gameplay complaints, which would actually benefit in further making the game better? You know what, I'm not even gonna get into this again but yeah, that sounded so damn silly I just had to make sure you knew how silly that sounded. If this really is a legitimate complaint over everything else I fear for this games future.

Whoa, chill out. In an opinion thread, do you always snap whenever someone says something you don't like? Think about how silly that sounds.

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 01:52 PM
mommy can you see me? its me on me on psow

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 01:54 PM
lol okay, everyone singles out the one odd sentence in that one guy's post and then ignores my entire post completely.

That's great guys. Really. Just great.

(your opinions are shit btw)

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 01:56 PM
lol okay, everyone singles out the one odd sentence in that one guy's post and then ignores my entire post completely.

okay, i'll take the time to single out a single sentence from your post

>regular updates

oh right i can regularly change my dolls dress up

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 02:00 PM

I didn't wanna reply because it was boring. you minimized the major flaws with the game, and exaggerated anything that's even PASSABLE as being something great and awesome.

I don't think you are a fan boy, but I think this is a textbook case of post-purchase rationalization. in other words, you have invested a significant amount of money in the game, and you are denying the fact that it's badly made, so you feel that you didn't waste your money.

My opinion, my dad is a psychologist and a lot of people do this when making bad purchases. so it's normal.

gravityvx
Apr 9, 2013, 02:03 PM
I'm really sorta surprised to find that a lot of people who frequent this forum don't play the game anymore, but I respect your opinion, I guess.

My thoughts exactly, did I say you were wrong? Nope, I said saying everyone elses opinions about the game were getting old and then stating ugly clothes was somehow more legitimate was silly.

Whoa, chill out. In an opinion thread, do you always snap whenever someone says something you don't like? Think about how silly that sounds.

Do you always have a problem with someone disagreeing in opinion thread? I mean, that's how these work here in these parts.

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 02:13 PM
I didn't wanna reply because it was boring. you minimized the major flaws with the game, and exaggerated anything that's even PASSABLE as being something great and awesome.

I don't think you are a fan boy, but I think this is a textbook case of post-purchase rationalization. in other words, you have invested a significant amount of money in the game, and you are denying the fact that it's badly made, so you feel that you didn't waste your money.

My opinion, my dad is a psychologist and a lot of people do this when making bad purchases. so it's normal.
This just sounds like complete insanity to me.

First of all, who's the guy on the fan-forum absolutely lambasting the very game the forum is dedicated to?

Secondly, I explicitly stated that the downsides don't have as much of an affect on my playing experience as it obviously does for you guys. That's not post-purchase rationalization, that's me stating a fact. I enjoy the game despite these things. These things do not affect my enjoyment to the point where I want to complain about them at every single given opportunity even once I just stop playing the game (which hasn't happened yet, btw).

Thirdly, what the fuck? What the hell kind of mentality dictates that you spend so much time on a fan forum just so you can tell everyone just how much you hate the game? It really, really, REALLY bothers me. When I hate things about a game I tell the developers exactly what my problems are and then I leave it the fuck alone. I don't stick around to troll everyone about how disappointed I am or any crap like that, I just move on and go play something else. Why is it apparently so difficult for others to do this? I don't get it. It's a completely alien mentality to me. There's something wrong with you folks, seriously. Find better entertainment or something, damn.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 02:21 PM
could always switch to it on the 10% health message
Sometimes it's not enough of a warning... Like it'll pop up during the death cutscene haha

~600k requires 30 runs of arms (or more), which isn't really humanly possible considering loading times, cutscenes, countdowns, etc.

Also Arms can't drop the shiny stones (unless you can give me a screenshot to prove it to me), they drop from red codes.
Yeah it's definitely the upper limit. But 10-30s fights are not that rare.

Also hm, I thought I saw a yellow box pickup, but if it's from the code completion slipping it into my inventory, that'd make sense.

Doesn't the 20m countdown only start when the fight starts? If so, that's still going to mean significantly less runs than 30 before Elder begins.
After the teleport, yes. So if you're always in the campship by 19:00 (I close out of the results before seeing the actual completion time) then you'd only get about 20 Arms runs. But you can definitely get more than that.

Cyclon
Apr 9, 2013, 02:44 PM
No idea how you'd call that, but this sounds like that thing you do when you don't fully understand a person's behavior and slap the closest psychological reaction you can think of on it, then call it a day.
It's almost insane how much I hate it when people do that(also I just did it myself right there).

Otherwise, I agree with almost everything Zyrusticae said, whatever, it's a given by now, on topic...
Still playing regularly. Having a little less fun, I must confess, since my in-game buddy stopped playing for now, but otherwise, nothing much has changed really.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 02:50 PM
Seeing as the game is free to play and a free download, It's pretty unlikely anyone is trying to validate a bad purchase.

Anyway if you hate the game and you hate the people, you should probably just quit and never come back.

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 02:54 PM
The post-purchase rationalization crap is especially annoying considering I paid $100 on MWO and, y'know what? I lambast the FUCK out of that game. I will constantly and unendingly remind the developers that I paid $100 but will never, ever touch the game again or give them another cent until they fix the mind-blowingly stupid imbalances they for some reason introduced to the game themselves with the explicit purpose of unbalancing the game to make it more "interesting". Haha! You thought PSO2 was bad? You know NOTHING of bad balance! NOTHING! [/rant]

What's the difference? It's simple. In one game the balance issue is so terrible that it actually affects my minute-to-minute gameplay very, very regularly (all the time, in fact), whereas in the other game I can still function just fine even using the less-OP stuff, thus having a rather minimal effect on my minute-to-minute gameplay.

Also, be glad the game doesn't have PvP, because fuck, PvP really puts balance issues like this under a microscope. Ugh.

MoonAtomizer
Apr 9, 2013, 02:54 PM
I don't think you are a fan boy, but I think this is a textbook case of post-purchase rationalization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization). in other words, you have invested a significant amount of money in the game, and you are denying the fact that it's badly made, so you feel that you didn't waste your money.

Ah, I was wondering what this term was called. I feel this is true for a lot players, not just in a real money sense, but also time.

This just sounds like complete insanity to me.

First of all, who's the guy on the fan-forum absolutely lambasting the very game the forum is dedicated to?

Secondly, I explicitly stated that the downsides don't have as much of an affect on my playing experience as it obviously does for you guys. That's not post-purchase rationalization, that's me stating a fact. I enjoy the game despite these things. These things do not affect my enjoyment to the point where I want to complain about them at every single given opportunity even once I just stop playing the game (which hasn't happened yet, btw).

Thirdly, what the fuck? What the hell kind of mentality dictates that you spend so much time on a fan forum just so you can tell everyone just how much you hate the game? It really, really, REALLY bothers me. When I hate things about a game I tell the developers exactly what my problems are and then I leave it the fuck alone. I don't stick around to troll everyone about how disappointed I am or any crap like that, I just move on and go play something else. Why is it apparently so difficult for others to do this? I don't get it. It's a completely alien mentality to me. There's something wrong with you folks, seriously. Find better entertainment or something, damn.

-Fan-forum =/= fanboy forum. There's nothing wrong with criticism or expressing dissatisfaction, even if they do produce negativity.

-Well it could be you caring less about the cons of the game as result of post-purchase rationalization.

-Maybe people need to vent their frustrations or dissatisfaction? It's not like people don't become invested after spending hundreds/thousands of hours. Also, perhaps people have particular tastes and can't find other titles to play.

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 02:59 PM
-Fan-forum =/= fanboy forum. There's nothing wrong with criticism or expressing dissatisfaction, even if they do produce negativity.
Oh sure, but at some point you've got to find something else to do with your time. This is a complete waste.

-Well it could be you caring less about the cons of the game as result of post-purchase rationalization.
No. I will badmouth the fuck out of any game that I feel is not satisfying what I want out of it.

In fact, it is literally impossible for the money factor to affect my moment-to-moment playing experience. I am not thinking about the money whatsoever when I am actually, y'know, playing the damn game. I don't even know how anyone could conceive of such a thing. I sure as hell didn't think about the $150+ I spent on my subscription for Aion when I was getting absolutely pissed at the myriad balance and grinding issues in that game.

-Maybe people need to vent their frustrations or dissatisfaction? It's not like people don't become invested after spending hundreds/thousands of hours. Also, perhaps people have particular tastes and can't find other titles to play.OH COME ON.

These people have been posting here for days upon weeks upon months, and WHY? If you're not getting your frustration/dissatisfaction properly vented by now, it's not going to work! It's not doing you any favors! At some point, you've just got to stop and do something else. It's completely insane. There's no justifying it, please stop trying.

Cyclon
Apr 9, 2013, 03:07 PM
Ah, I was wondering what this term was called. I feel this is true for a lot players, not just in a real money sense, but also time.
... it's coming right?

:cry:
You guys are harsh sometimes, you know...

Ryo
Apr 9, 2013, 03:40 PM
There really isn't any right or wrong in an opinion thread. I've been playing since CBT and I do still enjoy the game quite a bit.

That being said, I'm on Ignition along with Z-0 (Zyn) and there's a huge difference, he plays far more than I do, so I'm less exposed to the game than he is.

I've logged about 700 hours in a year, to some people that's a laughably low number, for my lifestyle it's a lot of time.

We're all going to see the game differently based on variables in our personal lives. For me the content in PSO2 is released at a pace I sometimes have trouble keeping up with, and that's how I like it, as I'm never bored.

Again though, this game isn't perfect. I find it highly addictive and I enjoy it, but there's things the game could (and frankly, needs to) do better.

Quests in PSO2 are garbage, they're just go to location x, kill enemy y. The quests in PSO 1 told a story, had you looking for an item, or a character, they felt more like an investigation, and they rewarded you in ways PSO2's quests don't.

Imagine looking for Gallon on the surface of Naberius and randomly encountering a rockbear or ragne when he was in your site and having to guard him from them. That would be way better than just finding one on the way to killing another rockbear and the one in front of you somehow not fitting the bill.

RNG can go to hell, too. Especially for things like Darker Den and Parallel Worlds. I've never seen either of those two things, and that's ridiculous.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I think everyone's complaints are valid for their play styles. I've heard these same complaints from multiple other people in game. Can or will SEGA address them all? Probably not, but I haven't lost faith in them. I still find the game enthralling and plan to continue playing until they shut it down.

But I know one thing for sure, SEGA's monitoring how we play, and if they see a drop in activity, they'll come up with -something- to fix it, so we'll see how it plays out.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 03:54 PM
Quests in PSO2 are garbage, they're just go to location x, kill enemy y. The quests in PSO 1 told a story, had you looking for an item, or a character, they felt more like an investigation, and they rewarded you in ways PSO2's quests don't.

You seem to be confused.

"quests" in this game the same and dropping into forest 1 and running around killing stuff til you get to the boss. They are not the story related quests from PSO like "black paper" and everything else that PSO had.

What you're asking for is more story related single player content. As it stands there are (I think) 10 story quests that you unlock as you complete your matter board.

These are closer to the quests you're talking about but there aren't nearly as many of them as of yet.

Shinamori
Apr 9, 2013, 03:57 PM
PSO series is the only MMO I don't mind wasting hours on. I got almost 500 hours logged already. It's really the only MMO I actually enjoy.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 03:58 PM
You seem to be confused.

"quests" in this game the same and dropping into forest 1 and running around killing stuff til you get to the boss. They are not the story related quests from PSO like "black paper" and everything else that PSO had.

What you're asking for is more story related single player content. As it stands there are (I think) 10 story quests that you unlock as you complete your matter board.

These are closer to the quests you're talking about but there aren't nearly as many of them as of yet.

But even they don't compare. Those lasted between 1 and 3 hours, depending on your level and how thorough you wanted to be. This? You can't even clear most quest CO's unless you do it in 20 minutes.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 04:58 PM
Needs extensive, fixed missions with set spawns and set events that you can't rush through. Like Nab2 TA meets Darker Den meets story mode. 4-8 player max (with branches). No random codes. No multiple enemies per exact spawn point that get stillborn. You can telepipe and join midway without an entry fee. Enemies are much tougher and aggressive, but don't necessarily deal more damage. S rank is difficult to achieve, factoring in kills/time/incaps and mission specific objectives (including code completion) but actually reward the player with something.

Not to completely replace the RNG content that's already in, but to go alongside it, since I know some people do enjoy walking in circles for hours itching to kill the next thing to show up until the map runs dry.

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 05:07 PM
but guys

quests give 2k meseta on completition

is that not enough??

Zenobia
Apr 9, 2013, 05:09 PM
but guys

quests give 2k meseta on completition

is that not enough??

You can never have to much EXP~

Railkune
Apr 9, 2013, 05:11 PM
I know that was sarcasm, but my goodness lol. 2k isn't even a spec once you start getting up in levels. I'm actually pretty darn surprised how high the exp requirement has leaped.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 05:14 PM
But even they don't compare. Those lasted between 1 and 3 hours, depending on your level and how thorough you wanted to be. This? You can't even clear most quest CO's unless you do it in 20 minutes.

I agree but that's kind of an off comparison to make too.

A) PSO was an offline game with online capability. The single player experience was very much a part of the core game while the Online mode was more intended to be something for after you've been offline for a while. PSO2 is online only with single-player mentality being almost discouraged.

B) PSO is from another era when it was sort of expected that you'd be sitting down for hours on end and playing one game with nothing going on. At the same time you could just AFK offline and come back even a day later if you had to. PSO2 you play with people, you have connection problems, the culture is more about that kind of drop-in drop-out mentality where you might only HAVE 20 minutes to play so you want to get a quick run in rather than being stuck for 1-3 hours or having to leave everything on. since everything is online it would be pretty awful to have to do these 1-3 hour runs and end up being screwed when your connection dropped out on you half way in.

Just look at what happens with AQs. Someone DCs and they're out 10 capsules AND they can't even rejoin. They either have to wait, find another group or hope that everyone will just abandon ship for them and start over.

Anyway my point was that quests in this game are quite intentionally not the same as quests from PSO and to compare them was based simply on nomenclature without looking at their intended implementation. "Quests aren't like they used to be" "Yeah, tell me what else is different so we can write a book". Quest is a word. That's all. What he wants is a more robust single player experience. "Quest" is just a means to an end.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 05:15 PM
I forgot you even got anything but a letter grade required for CO turnin

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 05:20 PM
I agree but that's kind of an off comparison to make too.

A) PSO was an offline game with online capability. The single player experience was very much a part of the core game while the Online mode was more intended to be something for after you've been offline for a while. PSO2 is online only with single-player mentality being almost discouraged.

B) PSO is from another era when it was sort of expected that you'd be sitting down for hours on end and playing one game with nothing going on. At the same time you could just AFK offline and come back even a day later if you had to. PSO2 you play with people, you have connection problems, the culture is more about that kind of drop-in drop-out mentality where you might only HAVE 20 minutes to play so you want to get a quick run in rather than being stuck for 1-3 hours or having to leave everything on. since everything is online it would be pretty awful to have to do these 1-3 hour runs and end up being screwed when your connection dropped out on you half way in.

Just look at what happens with AQs. Someone DCs and they're out 10 capsules AND they can't even rejoin. They either have to wait, find another group or hope that everyone will just abandon ship for them and start over.

Anyway my point was that quests in this game are quite intentionally not the same as quests from PSO and to compare them was based simply on nomenclature without looking at their intended implementation. "Quests aren't like they used to be" "Yeah, tell me what else is different so we can write a book". Quest is a word. That's all. What he wants is a more robust single player experience. "Quest" is just a means to an end.

Things really haven't changed. They're just marketing to a broader audience. Who here actually does one quest and leaves, every day? I would bet that however many people do that they are not the majority.

In PSO1 you could drop and rejoin an online session with friends, no problems. That would be possible here too - the only exception would be AQ's, TA, and den. Modern games tend to have auto-rejoin. The fact that PSO2 doesn't is a fucking embarrassment.

So yeah. There's no excuses for not doing the hours-long levels besides casual gamers possibly not wanting that. There's more money in marketing to many.

Ryo
Apr 9, 2013, 05:23 PM
You seem to be confused.

Who says a quest had to be single player? I'm not asking for more single player story-related content. I'm asking for quests that are actually interesting.

UnLucky
What he wants is a more robust single player experience. "Quest" is just a means to an end.

Why does "engaging content" mean you have to solo it? Can't we have things happen and players do stuff without it being meaningless?

You can't all start a quest to follow an NPC as they go to specific points in the map to perform some task while dialog and events happen throughout. You could in PSO.

Now it doesn't even matter what NPC shows up randomly, they all do the same thing. It doesn't matter what enemy (read: Darker) shows up because they all do the same thing. It doesn't matter which map you enter because they're all the same with all the same enemies and all the same events.

SociableTyrannosaur
Things really haven't changed. They're just marketing to a broader audience. Who here actually does one quest and leaves, every day? I would bet that however many people do that they are not the majority.

In PSO1 you could drop and rejoin an online session with friends, no problems. That would be possible here too - the only exception would be AQ's, TA, and den. Modern games tend to have auto-rejoin. The fact that PSO2 doesn't is a fucking embarrassment.

So yeah. There's no excuses for not doing the hours-long levels besides casual gamers possibly not wanting that. There's more money in marketing to many.

I thought I just said that. >_>

Why does "engaging content" mean you have to solo it? Can't we have things happen and players do stuff without it being meaningless?

You can't all start a quest to follow an NPC as they go to specific points in the map to perform some task while dialog and events happen throughout. You could in PSO.

Now it doesn't even matter what NPC shows up randomly, they all do the same thing. It doesn't matter what enemy (read:Darker) shows up because they all do the same thing. It doesn't matter which map you enter because they're all the same with all the same enemies and all the same events.

Oh it's not that just the examples he gave were all single player quests. The multiplayer quests were like...endless nightmare and challenge mode. TTF eventually...but they didn't really have any story elements to them. Just run around and kill stuff for EXP and drops then start again(sound familiar? It should).

Following someone around and killing stuff = quest on rails. Yeah sign me right up for that one.

That's all I was getting at.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2013, 05:26 PM
I miss any "do you even lift?" jokes?

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 05:32 PM
My favourite quests were real event quests...

You know, like Maximum Attack. They might not have had a particular point to them except "go kill a bunch of enemies", but they were a lot of fun to play. Especially since they had different routes you could take if you so wished (well, in PSO1, dunno about things like MAG), but they also felt properly structured and different to other quests.

Everything in this feels the same since everything is 100% random, and when you're a "hardcore" player, it starts to feel extremely bland after a while. :/ I feel like I'd enjoy this game a lot more if I was a more "casual" player (I really hate using these terms, btw, but not sure what to say), but I don't see why PSO2 can't try and cater to the more active playerbase outside of hunting impossible rares which you can't even do properly since everything is random, so it feels pointless anyway.

Things like more TA quests, and this "Extreme Quest" thing look promising, but I can't really say if it'd be a good fix. Something like Time Attack as an endgame, alongside proper "Extreme Quests" which take a bit of thought to even complete would be perfectly fine by me, because then you even have 2 sorts of metagame you can participate in, which is a win-win situation in my opinion, as it's different strokes for different folks. Right now PSO2 seems to only try and cater to those who enjoy customizing avatars, but I don't think that's going to hold interest for too long, as something new will be released and SEGA will most likely have to do something.

Ryo
Apr 9, 2013, 05:32 PM

Oh it's not that just the examples he gave were all single player quests. The multiplayer quests were like...endless nightmare and challenge mode. TTF eventually...but they didn't really have any story elements to them.

Following someone around and killing stuff = quest on rails. Yeah sign me right up for that one.

That's all I was getting at.

I literally didn't give a single specific example whatsoever. Paraphrasing I said quests in PSO1 were better as they involved more than just cut down enemy X in location Y.

I'd appreciate you not putting words in my mouth. You seem pretty narrow-minded in your view of these things. Just as the combat system evolved for the better, the quest system could as well.

As it stands PSO2's quest system feels like a pretty big step backwards.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 05:41 PM

No, you said things have changed. They really have not. The same number of people are still into the same basic things. The same games would probably succeed just as well.

All that's changed is game companies have realized there's more money in a cheaper product delivered to more people. PSO2 for sega is like a way way way worse version of nintendo's wii and ds marketing for old people.

edit: to specify
Nintendo COULD have stuck with marketing to gamers, like the xbox 360 and PS3 did - and those two consoles made plenty of cash. It would have made them money. Would they have gone out of business, given Nintendo's other factors? Not for me to say. But it was definitely an option. They opted to market to a broader audience to make more money, instead, which meant a more casual approach in basically every way. Except wii and ds had some pretty great gamer games too, PSO2 definitely lost most of the mechanics that really appealed to a lot of us in pso1 or psu.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 05:46 PM
I literally didn't give a single specific example whatsoever. Paraphrasing I said quests in PSO1 were better as they involved more than just cut down enemy X in location Y.

I'd appreciate you not putting words in my mouth. You seem pretty narrow-minded in your view of these things. Just as the combat system evolved for the better, the quest system could as well.

As it stands PSO2's quest system feels like a pretty big step backwards.

Imagine looking for Gallon on the surface of Naberius and randomly encountering a rockbear or ragne when he was in your site and having to guard him from them. That would be way better than just finding one on the way to killing another rockbear and the one in front of you somehow not fitting the bill.

I'm sorry but this is a description of the single player content from PSO. PSO's single player stuff was like this. The multiplayer was just a dude standing there saying "go kill a bunch of stuff and come back for a reward" Even if they did have you go get a shiny object from a particular room, you knew where to go to get it after one or two runs and it was once again, go kill a bunch of stuff and get to room Y. To get sucked into that and suggest that it was anything more than what we have now is a prime example of nostalgia overriding reason.

The funny thing is all I said was that you're remembering the singleplayer experience and weighing against the multiplayer and you're calling me narrowminded. That's hilarious. You know event quests have stuff like that, right? Find the Cake Sisters, etc. The issue that Z-O's raising is far more poignant. The entire experience is randomly generated to the point that even the things that one time could have been considered comparable to the quests you're after have been integrated as random occurrences called emergency trials and have lost all meaning.

If you want more story based multiplayer content just say so. Don't whip out the nostalgia goggles and get into a tiff just because someone says your memory isn't accurate.

No, you said things have changed. They really have not. The same number of people are still into the same basic things. The same games would probably succeed just as well.

All that's changed is game companies have realized there's more money in a cheaper product delivered to more people. PSO2 for sega is like a way way way worse version of nintendo's wii and ds marketing for old people.

edit: to specify
Nintendo COULD have stuck with marketing to gamers, like the xbox 360 and PS3 did - and those two consoles made plenty of cash. It would have made them money. Would they have gone out of business, given Nintendo's other factors? Not for me to say. But it was definitely an option. They opted to market to a broader audience to make more money, instead, which meant a more casual approach in basically every way. Except wii and ds had some pretty great gamer games too, PSO2 definitely lost most of the mechanics that really appealed to a lot of us in pso1 or psu.

Things most certainly have changed. Maybe not for you or I, but gaming as a whole has very much evolved over the last 30+ years. More so than ever over the last 10. Hell 10 years ago people didn't even use words like casual or hardcore in the context they do now. Today they're almost visceral words that cause tension and draw dividing lines in the community. Oh yeah about that. Gaming community wasn't a thing 10 years ago either. Before we were just anti-social weirdos.

Forest =/= trees...etc.

Ryo
Apr 9, 2013, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry but this is a description of the single player content from PSO. PSO's single player stuff was like this. The multiplayer was just a dude standing there saying "go kill a bunch of stuff and come back for a reward" Even if they did have you go get a shiny object from a particular room, you knew where to go to get it after one or two runs and it was once again, go kill a bunch of stuff and get to room Y. To get sucked into that and suggest that it was anything more than what we have now is a prime example of nostalgia overriding reason.

The funny thing is all I said was that you're remembering the singleplayer experience and weighing against the multiplayer and you're calling me narrowminded. That's hilarious. You know event quests have stuff like that, right? Find the Cake Sisters, etc. The issue that Z-O's raising is far more poignant. The entire experience is randomly generated to the point that even the things that one time could have been considered comparable to the quests you're after have been integrated as random occurrences called emergency trials and have lost all meaning.

If you want more story based multiplayer content just say so. Don't whip out the nostalgia goggles and get into a tiff just because someone says your memory isn't accurate.

Nostalgia goggles? Tell me how exactly nostalgia is changing anything here. I've simply said that I liked PSO1's quests more, they weren't random, they were laid out.

I also said in an earlier post that they could evolve, similarly to how the battle system has. Nobody would argue that PSO2's battle system is by far the best the series has seen to date, but when I suggest the quests take PSO1's foundation and improve it's nostalgia changing facts?

Pull your head out of your ass, you ARE being narrow-minded if you think there's nothing wrong with the way the quests are, especially considering Sakai himself has admitted it's an issue for the game they are working on correcting.

Also, I don't want more solo story content, I've said that twice already. Sorry you can't imagine someone wanting more than just killing enemies for quests.

Also, have you considered that's why some of the more hardcore players like Zyn like TA? They're literally just about the only thing that deviates from the norm in the entirety of the game.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 05:58 PM
Things most certainly have changed. Maybe not for you or I, but gaming as a whole has very much evolved over the last 30+ years. More so than ever over the last 10. Hell 10 years ago people didn't even use words like casual or hardcore in the context they do now. Today they're almost visceral words that cause tension and draw dividing lines in the community. Oh yeah about that. Gaming community wasn't a thing 10 years ago either. Before we were just anti-social weirdos.

Forest =/= trees...etc.

We are talking about different "things." I'm talking about a portion of the market that would be interested in a model of game. You seem to be talking about literally everything.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:00 PM
Wow, not only did you throw out some unnecessary insults, but you also didn't actually read what I said.

Since it's all laid out in plain text for you to read like an intelligent person should, I won't go through it all again, but in no way, not once did I ever say there wasn't room for improvement. That's all you, my friend.

In fact if you look closely I said it's very sad indeed that everything is RNG based to the point that even our own experiences with the game are randomly generated.

At the same time I said that something like what you're describing already exist, and if you wanted more of that you should just say so rather than comparing the two games.

But go on, hurl insults at me cause you'd rather rage than read.

We are talking about different "things." I'm talking about a portion of the market that would be interested in a model of game. You seem to be talking about literally everything.

Well I'm saying the "casual" gamer is the larger market now and so things are more catering to them than anyone else. For the casual gamer they'd rather be able to do 2-3 things in the span of an hour than 1. I'm also saying that the shorter missions lend themselves to online play a bit more. I agree there should be an auto-rejoin and there are a lot of things that could be improved, but it doesn't take away from the fact that many people only want to play for an hour or two tops and for those people they'd rather run more missions than one long one.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:17 PM
no it's your shit attitude

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 06:19 PM
Well I'm saying the "casual" gamer is the larger market now and so things are more catering to them than anyone else. For the casual gamer they'd rather be able to do 2-3 things in the span of an hour than 1. I'm also saying that the shorter missions lend themselves to online play a bit more. I agree there should be an auto-rejoin and there are a lot of things that could be improved, but it doesn't take away from the fact that many people only want to play for an hour or two tops and for those people they'd rather run more missions than one long one.

Yeah...and those people were around 20-30 years ago too.

People who don't have a lot of time or are only mildly interested in games didn't sprout up out of the ground. They've always existed. They just didn't have games to buy yet. Now they do, and since there are more of them than "hardcore" gamers game companies are making more money off of them.

PSO1's model would succeed as much now as it did then. It would be a bigger hit in certain groups. The money made off of those certain groups adds up to less than what can be made selling to a more casual group, however. Both groups have always been around. They'll always be around. Maybe they have less time due to life circumstances, maybe they just aren't as interested in games. Maybe they're just not into this kind of game for extended periods of time, or maybe they hate dungeon crawling. They're not new. The only detail is it took the corporate bureaucrats this long to realize it.

Eikahe
Apr 9, 2013, 06:21 PM
There's a ton of people who really don't like the game but continue to post on their forums... sup with that? D:

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:21 PM
Right I said "larger market now." not "we didn't have casual gamers 30 years ago"

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 06:25 PM
That is the same statement. To say "larger market now" is exactly saying "this audience is new." It's not larger now. It's the same goddamn market. People with the exact same interests existed then, game companies simply weren't trying to exploit it back then. If PSO1 used PSO2's model it would have had comparable success to what it does now, albeit with obvious modifications for being on consoles instead of PC, etc.

That said, there was also the novelty factor of PSO1. Many people would've gleefully paid a subscription fee to play online that wouldn't now, simply because it was an entirely new concept (I honestly credit this fact alone with a lot of PSO1's success...).

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:30 PM
If I said Apple has a larger market share compared to 1984 does that mean I'm implying Apple didn't exist?

Because to me that's literally the same string as "larger marker now" except the second statement suggests that by "larger market share" I'm not comparing 4% to 20% or whatever. I'm flat out saying they're the majority. If that wasn't clear I apologize for being so vague.

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry but this is a description of the single player content from PSO. PSO's single player stuff was like this. The multiplayer was just a dude standing there saying "go kill a bunch of stuff and come back for a reward" Even if they did have you go get a shiny object from a particular room, you knew where to go to get it after one or two runs and it was once again, go kill a bunch of stuff and get to room Y. To get sucked into that and suggest that it was anything more than what we have now is a prime example of nostalgia overriding reason. What? I played nearly everything in PSO with other players. Maybe it was missing some dialog and scenes or waived area lockout requirements, but I distinctly remember grabbing quest counter stuff, in a group, that was way more engaging than anything in PSO2.

Forest =/= trees...etc.
There is certainly content that both can enjoy, and design decisions that are bad for both but are still argued to be "for the casuals." And ignoring entire sections of your market can't be good business.

That is the same statement. To say "larger market now" is exactly saying "this audience is new." It's not larger now. It's the same goddamn market. People with the exact same interests existed then, game companies simply weren't trying to exploit it back then. If PSO1 used PSO2's model it would have had comparable success to what it does now, albeit with obvious modifications for being on consoles instead of PC, etc.
I don't know about that. "Casuals" as they were didn't even go to arcades because it was looked down upon for various social reasons. Maybe if PSO1 was on the PS2, where every household had one because it was the cheapest DVD player available at the time.

RadiantLegend
Apr 9, 2013, 06:31 PM
I still play the game most days.

LK1721
Apr 9, 2013, 06:31 PM
I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to when my little team was super active and the game was still new-ish. For the most part I play a few hours once or twice a week, maybe more if I get a lucky streak going. Part of that is because school takes up most of my time and the other part is that I have a backlog of other games I'd rather be playing.

Totori
Apr 9, 2013, 06:34 PM
Still and always will love this game, so yeah I play it!

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:35 PM
What? I played nearly everything in PSO with other players. Maybe it was missing some dialog and scenes or waived area lockout requirements, but I distinctly remember grabbing quest counter stuff, in a group, that was way more engaging than anything in PSO2.

There is certainly content that both can enjoy, and design decisions that are bad for both but are still argued to be "for the casuals." And ignoring entire sections of your market can't be good business.

I don't know about that. "Casuals" as they were didn't even go to arcades because it was looked down upon for various social reasons. Maybe if PSO1 was on the PS2, where every household had one because it was the cheapest DVD player available at the time.

Most of the real story quests were single player only because just like they do in PSO2 they treated your character like they were the only hunter or w/e capable of dealing with the charge you'd been handed. There were some quests that could be done off or online, but by and large the more interesting ones were single player only. Maybe this was different in BB. I didn't play that since I didn't have a PC back then.

Ryo
Apr 9, 2013, 06:48 PM
Wow, not only did you throw out some unnecessary insults, but you also didn't actually read what I said.

Since it's all laid out in plain text for you to read like an intelligent person should, I won't go through it all again, but in no way, not once did I ever say there wasn't room for improvement. That's all you, my friend.

In fact if you look closely I said it's very sad indeed that everything is RNG based to the point that even our own experiences with the game are randomly generated.

At the same time I said that something like what you're describing already exist, and if you wanted more of that you should just say so rather than comparing the two games.

But go on, hurl insults at me cause you'd rather rage than read.

Look, I do apologize for insulting you, but I've read every single last word of what you're saying.

Your problem is this - you're working of a base assumption here, which is incorrect, and running with it.

Most of the content in PSO was accessible both online and off, that's the same for Ep 1. Ep 2, and BB, you could run these quests in groups as well. Regardless of whether or not they scaled well to groups (they didn't) you could take a party with you into them, thus negating a LOT of what you're saying here.

Hell, at lower levels I had people help me with some of those. So I don't see where you're getting that I want more "single player story content".

As I've said many MANY times I'm looking for this:

Quests in PSO2 that offer more variety, similar to PSO1's, which can be played in groups. An evolution of the original's quest system, if you will.

Also, rewards beyond 2K meseta would be nice.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:53 PM
There were a ton of quests in PSO that could only be done in single player. I assumed you were looking for quests more like that since I found the quests available in multiplayer pretty lackluster.

In any case I was trying to agree with you, but advising that you not get caught up on words because it's making for a comparison between the two games that doesn't really exist.

Not in my wildest dreams though, would I ever say this game didn't need improvement.

Gen2000
Apr 9, 2013, 07:18 PM
- Look at friends list
- Play TAs (usually avoid Amd unless I'm in a really good mood because it's shit) or do an AQ Tour with them if they're on and free, else just solo Nab 2 since it's the most straight-forward TA to solo.
- AFK/Alt-tab for a while, used to be until interesting EQs came around like Falz or Chrome but I don't even care to run them much nowadays.
- Twirl my characters around, make sure they still look pretty (of course they do), Log out, remain hopeful for better content update after browsing bumped/PSOW, post in monthly "why you even play this game/this game sucks" type thread at PSOW.

My current PSO2 life.

Agitated_AT
Apr 9, 2013, 07:30 PM
Pull your head out of your ass, you ARE being narrow-minded if you think there's nothing wrong with the way the quests are, especially considering Sakai himself has admitted it's an issue for the game they are working on correcting.

could you are anyone provide a quote of sakai's comments about this?

Anyway on the topic. I am really surprised with this thread. I felt like i was part of a great minority thinking that the game is awfully designed. Not only is the field experience badly designed, the structure of the content and implementation of goals and reward is really terrible as well. Everyone have their own selfish goals which no wonder why finding parties isnt that simple as search and joining a party anymore

I really dont feel like going in to details. But tl dr, the game had potential but as of now is badly designed in almost every way because of either terrible implementation or simply being a terrible idea to begin with.

You cant just expect the people who made these terrible things to turn into geniuses and make something great out of it. I dunno, i feel like the game is a lost cause unless they feel like putting effort into changing some of the fundamentals. I like a few things but its not worth it.

I am happy that people are starting to realize this tbh. Could be a good sign if the japanese community feels the same

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 9, 2013, 07:55 PM
PSO series is the only MMO I don't mind wasting hours on. I got almost 500 hours logged already. It's really the only MMO I actually enjoy.

try the Monster hunter series. its the only other online rpg series I can stand lol

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 08:00 PM
could you are anyone provide a quote of sakai's comments about this?

Anyway on the topic. I am really surprised with this thread. I felt like i was part of a great minority thinking that the game is awfully designed. Not only is the field experience terribly designed, the structure of the content and implementation of goals and reward is really terrible as well. Everyone have their own selfish goals which no wonder why finding parties isnt that simple as search and joining a party anymore

I really dont feel like going in to details. But tl dr, the game had potential but as of now is terribly designed in almost every way because of either terrible implementation or simply being a terrible idea to begin with.

You cant just expect the people who made these terrible things to turn into geniuses and make something great out of it. I dunno, i feel like the game is a lost cause unless they feel like putting effort into changing some of the fundamentals. I like a few things but its not worth it.

I am happy that people are starting to realize this tbh. Could be a good sign if the japanese community feels the same

I don't think these developments are anything new. I think people are just getting tired of waiting for Sega to step up.

jerrykun
Apr 9, 2013, 08:05 PM
Buff Falz Hunar on all difficulties and make a difficulty where you die in 1 hit, I would love that challenge haha, also arks tournament coming soon :D

Z-0
Apr 9, 2013, 08:06 PM
also arks tournament coming soon :D
It's an offline event in Japan, not an ingame thing.

Zyrusticae
Apr 9, 2013, 08:06 PM
Also, rewards beyond 2K meseta would be nice.
That would be nice. Even something as simple as extra photon drops or grinders would be lovely.

I will forever be against creating more meseta faucets, however. There's a reason they needed to nerf the fuck out of vendor prices in the past...

Buff Falz Hunar on all difficulties and make a difficulty where you die in 1 hit, I would love that challenge haha, also arks tournament coming soon :D
I'm kind of tired of 1-hit kills and junk like that. It would be nice if defensive stats actually meant something. I would even prefer that enemies combo you to death instead of one-shot you since it'd at least mean that a little defense can go a long way (as opposed to one-shots where you can only really get enough defense to NOT get one-shot).

strikerhunter
Apr 9, 2013, 08:09 PM
try the Monster hunter series. its the only other online rpg series I can stand lol

He said MMO and the only game in the monster hunter series that's an MMO is frontier.

BIG OLAF
Apr 9, 2013, 08:16 PM
Also, this is just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt: Nostalgia fags who smoke nostalgia simply for the need to feel important (whether that be because you wanna be hipster disco-style or simply need a reason to make your "friends" worship you) need to die in the most excruciating way possible. I propose crucifying them and then making them gaze at their family, moments before I drop them into a pit of scalding molten steel.

Haha, dude, you're a fuckin' tweaker.

Syklo
Apr 9, 2013, 08:28 PM
After reading this and all the arguments that happened since my last post (well not really, i skipped 60% of them)

I have completely forgotten why or what most of you are complaining about.

~Aya~
Apr 9, 2013, 08:30 PM
Most of the real story quests were single player only because just like they do in PSO2 they treated your character like they were the only hunter or w/e capable of dealing with the charge you'd been handed. There were some quests that could be done off or online, but by and large the more interesting ones were single player only. Maybe this was different in BB. I didn't play that since I didn't have a PC back then.

pffft~ old man...

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 08:42 PM
pffft~ old man...

Listen, youngun. When I was yer age, we didn't use controllers and keyboards. we had these paddle things with knobs we used to drive tanks! Now you kids have yer derned gadgets. Yer derned smartphones an yer netbooks. Derned Korean fluff. I'd had enuff when they brought out them derned 1 button joysticks!

Meyfei
Apr 9, 2013, 08:46 PM
Listen, youngun. When I was yer age, we didn't use controllers and keyboards. we had these paddle things with knobs we used to drive tanks! Now you kids have yer derned gadgets. Yer derned smartphones an yer netbooks. Derned Korean fluff. I'd had enuff when they brought out them derned 1 button joysticks!

oh god... you just made my day man!

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 08:47 PM
That would be nice. Even something as simple as extra photon drops or grinders would be lovely.

I will forever be against creating more meseta faucets, however. There's a reason they needed to nerf the fuck out of vendor prices in the past...Well if it's actually hard to S rank quests, why not reward like 10-20k MST? Just as long as it can't be spammed every 5 minutes.

(as opposed to one-shots where you can only really get enough defense to NOT get one-shot).And then you're locked into a guaranteed followup that kills you outright regardless.

I have completely forgotten why or what most of you are complaining about.
So do they.

MetalDude
Apr 9, 2013, 10:34 PM
I'm curious now, Tyrannosaur. How much of the online experience of PSO did you play? This isn't an accusation. I'm just saying that PSOBB in particular had solid quest variety and *that server that mods don't like being mentioned here* was especially good because it even brought over all the Japanese quests and items so there was a large amount of good quests to chose from. While a fair majority of them are primarily focused on mass killing monsters as always, there's a lot of different setups between them that seriously break away from standard field exploration.

PSO2's problem is that the randomization all blurs into some bland, same-y slushie. And all the syrup is gone so the flavor is extra filthy. Just having more guarantees would do a lot to help out the game.

jerrykun
Apr 9, 2013, 10:35 PM
It's an offline event in Japan, not an ingame thing.

so what?

Walkure
Apr 9, 2013, 10:50 PM
try the Monster hunter series. its the only other online rpg series I can stand lolSpeaking of Monster Hunter, they could easily ramp up difficulty with multiboss e-codes in the same way that there's dual/tri hunts in MH.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 10:51 PM
I'm curious now, Tyrannosaur. How much of the online experience of PSO did you play? This isn't an accusation. I'm just saying that PSOBB in particular had solid quest variety and *that server that mods don't like being mentioned here* was especially good because it even brought over all the Japanese quests and items so there was a large amount of good quests to chose from. While a fair majority of them are primarily focused on mass killing monsters as always, there's a lot of different setups between them that seriously break away from standard field exploration.

PSO2's problem is that the randomization all blurs into some bland, same-y slushie. And all the syrup is gone so the flavor is extra filthy. Just having more guarantees would do a lot to help out the game.

I played PSO EP1&2 on GCN since launch up until C.A.R.D. came out. I was typically on every night for 6-8 hours.

Before that I played vanilla PSO on DC until it went to v2. didn't play v2 cause I wasn't willing to pay to play games online back then.

I've flat out stated that I didn't play BB.

Shadowth117
Apr 9, 2013, 10:55 PM
so what?

Oh well you know, a large, large portion of the player base won't even have the option to the attend. And if you seriously think that I'm implying only foreign players you'd be dead wrong. Even in Japan, not everyone would have the time/funds to go to something like that, even if it was close by. Its really inconvenient and lame for longtime fans of the series not to be able to play something like that.

Meta77
Never Forget!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYOiXbzEKs

MetalDude
I played PSO EP1&2 on GCN since launch up until C.A.R.D. came out. I was typically on every night for 6-8 hours.

Before that I played vanilla PSO on DC until it went to v2. didn't play v2 cause I wasn't willing to pay to play games online back then.

I've flat out stated that I didn't play BB.

Yeah, that was the point I was making. BB was definitely better in that regard especially with episode IV around to add more content to.

Para
Apr 9, 2013, 10:56 PM
I play PSO2 and enjoy it. Sure there might be some shortcomings but I don't let it get to me too much to ruin my enjoyment of it. Would be great if some people who went mia from the game came back.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 11:01 PM
well that's why I said it was possible they were referring to BB in which case I couldn't say much. Not one person came back and said "I'm referring to BB" or "they're referring to BB" so it's really hard to know WHERE they're coming from.

jerrykun
Apr 9, 2013, 11:41 PM
Oh well you know, a large, large portion of the player base won't even have the option to the attend. And if you seriously think that I'm implying only foreign players you'd be dead wrong. Even in Japan, not everyone would have the time/funds to go to something like that, even if it was close by. Its really inconvenient and lame for longtime fans of the series not to be able to play something like that.

Does SEGA of America organize events like this?

Tenlade
Apr 9, 2013, 11:47 PM
Speaking of Monster Hunter, they could easily ramp up difficulty with multiboss e-codes in the same way that there's dual/tri hunts in MH.

most of the challenge from dual hunts was the limited healing supplies and time limit to fight several long battles in a short time. bosses in pso2 do not take long to kill and even the banthers aren't much of a threat when its both at the same time.

Really this game has no way to be difficult. the only way to lose is to have all party members return to campship from knockdown douring an important emergency code. Even if something wipes your party over and over, as long as there's one party member with a single moon atomizer it all means nothing.(and even then on non time attacks a single player can return to campship and come back with full revives)

and if you're just playing a regular mpa without going to the end of the map, there's no situation where you can lose (desert and volcano guerrillas have no failure state)

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 12:18 AM
Even if something wipes your party over and over, as long as there's one party member with a single moon atomizer it all means nothing.(and even then on non time attacks a single player can return to campship and come back with full revives)

What about hardcore mode with no moon atomizers. Not undoable considering the fact that you can do the whole game without taking a hit, stressing enough to make you do the efforts not dying, wich should affect your gameplay. It has affected mine a lot over the year i played, and my enjoyment too.

The difficulty's still low, but the reward is more meaningful.

Also, is the game doable with no healing item what so ever (but a healing member)?

Quatre52
Apr 10, 2013, 01:04 AM
They've been putting out content pretty fast, especially in comparison with past games, its taken the best elements of PSO and PSU and put them into one game..so, yea, I love it, and still play it multiple times a week.

Eikahe
Apr 10, 2013, 01:07 AM
most of the challenge from dual hunts was the limited healing supplies and time limit to fight several long battles in a short time. bosses in pso2 do not take long to kill and even the banthers aren't much of a threat when its both at the same time.

Really this game has no way to be difficult. the only way to lose is to have all party members return to campship from knockdown douring an important emergency code. Even if something wipes your party over and over, as long as there's one party member with a single moon atomizer it all means nothing.(and even then on non time attacks a single player can return to campship and come back with full revives)

and if you're just playing a regular mpa without going to the end of the map, there's no situation where you can lose (desert and volcano guerrillas have no failure state)

The one thing I really have to say about this is... when was PSO ever difficult? Sure, Moon Atos being able to res everyone may seem like a bit too much, but I personally don't mind it whatsoever.

MPAs were never meant to be any sort of great challenge... it was pretty much designed to be a reason for people to want to join with other players and gain the benefits of storming through maps with higher spawn rates, higher code rates, better PSE Bursts, etc. It gives incentive for people to actually play together in an MMO when most games have gone the complete opposite route.

supersonix9
Apr 10, 2013, 01:29 AM
was going to make thought-out post; no, not here