PDA

View Full Version : anyone else hate pso2's skill system

hovsep56
Apr 8, 2013, 03:59 PM
anyone else hate pso2's skill system? i found psu's version much better you level your skills by using them not buying a disk and you leveled it to the max the best thing for me in the psu skill system was that the skill animations changed when you lv it wich made me feel like im progressing getting stronger and most skills in pso 2 doesnt look that awsome than it was for me in psu (personal opinion) please dont rage and btw im new nice to meet ya):-)

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2013, 04:03 PM
I did like how photon arts were done in PSU. They felt more like mine, since they required the investment of time to level them up. But I say that as a former Acrofighter. I'm sure the former gunners and techers here don't miss it that much. It would have been nice if they had brought it back and made sure that the time required to level all photon arts up was more or less the same and reasonable.

Alisha
Apr 8, 2013, 04:06 PM
that system was retarded especially for support techs. it was a godsend when PSPo2 went back to discs.

gigawuts
Apr 8, 2013, 04:06 PM
I liked PSO1's ability to find discs and I liked PSU's ability to level up discs. I did not entirely like them independently, however.

I would like both here. Let us find or buy discs to manually upgrade, or let us use discs we simply cannot find better versions of.

hovsep56
Apr 8, 2013, 04:13 PM
well what if they just added the disks but only to learn the skill and not level it

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 04:14 PM
It was grindy but I liked it. it reminded me of FFXI where you had to use your skills/attacks to rank them up to higher levels.

I kind of wish it was in PSO2 just because it was something to do. at least then I wouldn't log in, have literally nothing I can do, so I just get bored and log out. If they had that system, I could at least go grind various PAs to perfection.

I also liked how the graphics changed as PAs leveled. It doesn't seem to do that anymore, but it's a possibility when they add higher level discs

MetalDude
Apr 8, 2013, 04:19 PM
PSO Pros:
-High level discs have considerable value (Megid and Grants 30) and are a worthwhile find.
-Can help build up high technique level for characters that it would otherwise be a massive pain to grind up (namely non-FO classes that aren't going to be using offensive techs too often outside of Gifoie/Rafoie).
Cons:
-Based on your luck, it's sometimes easy to be gimped on critical techniques (supports especially) that are the only thing holding you back from performing better.

PSU Pros:
-PAs/Techs can yield guaranteed improvement through constant use.
Cons:
-Holy shit support techs took way too long to build up.
-Grinding in general with every PA/Tech is not fun.

PSO2's problem is that disc levels are entirely negligible outside of level 11 discs. Anything with a power over 1000 is the only PA/Tech worth getting 15 in. Also, support techs get a hideously weak improvement with each level. It just feels really shallow.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 04:22 PM
A lot of PAs and Techs are very situational and it would be really monotonous to be forced to sit and drive their levels up for their limited use.

I like the idea of learning PAs and leveling them through disks, just cause it tends to force damage progression based on level. But I don't see why they couldn't make it possible to level through normal use, too. Of course...class level should probably have some kind of exp mod on them if they do that so that a brand new character can't just muscle their way to lvl 15 PAs by lvl 20, but at the same time a lvl 50 character shouldn't be stuck with sub 11 PAs for very long.

Gardios
Apr 8, 2013, 04:23 PM
So in PSU you could just sit there ans spam PAs to level them up...?

God that sounds like the good old Flyff days. Mindless AFK spam, but you still had some sense of achievement at the end. +_+

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 04:24 PM
A lot of PAs and Techs are USELESS and it would be really monotonous to be forced to sit and drive their levels up for their ZERO use.

fixed, every class pretty much has one (or two max) high efficiency PA that you spam over and over, with everything else being useless

That's an issue with photon arts being imbalanced, and SEGA being utter garbage, but if they could actually balance their game even a tiny bit, I do think PA skill ups would be a nice way to keep people playing and interested :whip:

Think about it? in a world where nearly every PA has its own practical uses and which ones everyone uses depends on which they chose to skill up. Oh, I'm dreaming.

GreenArcher
Apr 8, 2013, 04:25 PM
Boy I sure wish we could stand in a circle casting support techs or next to a healing enemy shooting it. For hundreds of hours your only stimulus is to refill your PP bar. Adds a whole new layer of depth and content to the game. Please bring this back.

~Aya~
Apr 8, 2013, 04:26 PM
This game needs combo finishers. Combine certain PAs and get a different type of finishing attack after your very last PA in your set.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 04:27 PM

God that sounds like the good old Flyff days. Mindless AFK spam, but you still had some sense of achievement at the end. +_+

Well PAs and techs still had to "hit" something. You couldn't just cast into a wall. This meant if you wanted to AFK you had to find something that could heal itself and wouldn't hit you back.....OR something that just wouldn't die. It was also ideal to find a scenario where you were able to hit multiple targets with each use since the exp gain was per hit, not per use.

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 04:28 PM
Boy I sure wish we could stand in a circle casting support techs or next to a healing enemy shooting it. For hundreds of hours your only stimulus is to refill your PP bar. Adds a whole new layer of depth and content to the game. Please bring this back.

Ooh, discounting the whole system because it's tedious for uh, 3(?) support skills!

anyway, something 'grindy' is at least better than logging in with nothing at all to do.

Shadowth117
Apr 8, 2013, 04:28 PM
This game needs combo finishers. Combine certain PAs and get a different type of finishing attack after your very last PA in your set.

*thinks of shock rifle combo in unreal tournament*

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 04:30 PM
fixed, every class pretty much has one (or two max) high efficiency PA that you spam over and over, with everything else being useless

That's an issue with photon arts being imbalanced, and SEGA being utter garbage, but if they could actually balance their game even a tiny bit, I do think PA skill ups would be a nice way to keep people playing and interested :whip:

Think about it? in a world where nearly every PA has its own practical uses and which ones everyone uses depends on which they chose to skill up. Oh, I'm dreaming.

Sorry, that might be true with a few weapons, but force classes have techs that are used only for certain bosses, but are highly effective there, or have 2-3 AoE techs they use but only when surrounded. Either way, having to grind out techs/PAs is dumb.

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2013, 04:34 PM
If some arts are situational, then boost their exp coefficient so that they gain more exp when you actually use them. The problem with PSU's system was that they just didn't think through how difficult and time consuming some arts were going to be to level. Skills had a nearly perfect exp curve, but bullets and technics (Prisms and line piercing technics especially) were an exhausting exercise. It was a problem that could easily be salvaged.

hovsep56
Apr 8, 2013, 04:38 PM
wow my post became popular fastbut i still hate the disk system like you can lv your lv1 skill directly to lv 5 in just buying 1 disk what the hell? its feels like cheating and doesnt give me satisfaction i loved leveling them up manualy cause i was excited what the next animation would be i dint even care about my chars lv wheni leveled some skills to the max i realised my char leveled alot too so it was win win to me i also got quite some money >_< and the skills in psu felt more fun and looked cool i mean you could fly your spear or use drunking fist style with your knuckles and since tech and ranger has trouble leveling it i gues they just could have reduced the exp need to make it easier to lv the skills up oh well whats done is done

Xaelouse
Apr 8, 2013, 04:41 PM
they need to do something about the game's enemies first. A lot of techs/PAs will be useless when all the enemies are so braindead in design.

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 04:51 PM
Either way, having to grind out techs/PAs is dumb.

How so? You would prefer the player having nothing to do, like it is currently?

I think it would be awesome if I could grind my Photon Arts to high levels, and maybe get a rare or three while I'm doing it (hahaha, unlikely).

It would give people an incentive to play instead of logging into a lobby and going AFK like 9/10 of this community, myself included to be fair.

they need to do something about the game's enemies first. A lot of techs/PAs will be useless when all the enemies are so braindead in design.

Yup, its a combination of both things (most Photon Arts are just horribly useless junk, regardless of enemy design) but AI is for sure top priority. most enemies move in slow motion, charge up their attacks for 10+ seconds, don't attack ranged people at all, etc. It's just sad.

gigawuts
Apr 8, 2013, 04:52 PM
two things i have had reaffirmed in this thread

1. there is no such thing as middle ground or happy median on psow
2. there is literally nothing you can do in games but set up a macro to level your pa's for you

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 04:53 PM
If some arts are situational, then boost their exp coefficient so that they gain more exp when you actually use them. The problem with PSU's system was that they just didn't think through how difficult and time consuming some arts were going to be to level. Skills had a nearly perfect exp curve, but bullets and technics (Prisms and line piercing technics especially) were an exhausting exercise. It was a problem that could easily be salvaged.

That's fine except it would mean sega either intending those arts to be situational and handling it before it became a problem or for them to wait for people to complain about each individual one so that Sega made proper adjustments.

Seeing as they have a laissez-faire approach to balance, I can't see this being handled well.

GreenArcher
Apr 8, 2013, 04:55 PM
Ooh, discounting the whole system because it's tedious for uh, 3(?) support skills!

anyway, something 'grindy' is at least better than logging in with nothing at all to do.

It was tedious for Resta, Giresta, Anti, Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier, Jellen, Zalure, Zondeel, as well as every single bullet.

I am discounting the system because you are forced to be a zombie to progress. No stimulus other than using photon charges to refill PP. Sure the more useful/overpowered ones would max out naturally, but what about the other 90% which are situational? Those were all tedious.

Just because you can't mindless press one button repeatedly means there's nothing to do? I guess your gear is all 50 element, 4-5+ affixes, etc...

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 04:58 PM
How so? You would prefer the player having nothing to do, like it is currently?

I think it would be awesome if I could grind my Photon Arts to high levels, and maybe get a rare or three while I'm doing it (hahaha, unlikely).

It would give people an incentive to play instead of logging into a lobby and going AFK like 9/10 of this community, myself included to be fair.

Yup, its a combination of both things (most Photon Arts are just horribly useless junk, regardless of enemy design) but AI is for sure top priority. most enemies move in slow motion, charge up their attacks for 10+ seconds, don't attack ranged people at all, etc. It's just sad.

I played PSU for about 7000 hours. I had two accounts with multiple characters capped along with multiple classes. Leveling PAs was the last thing I wanted to do when I played though.

It was tedious for Resta, Giresta, Anti, Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier, Jellen, Zalure, Zondeel, as well as every single bullet.

I am discounting the system because you are forced to be a zombie to progress. No stimulus other than using photon charges to refill PP. Sure the more useful/overpowered ones would max out naturally, but what about the other 90% which are situational? Those were all tedious.

Just because you can't mindless press one button repeatedly means there's nothing to do? I guess your gear is all 50 element, 4-5+ affixes, etc...

Techs and bullets were the worst offenders since a lot of them were just element/se, but were otherwise using the same tech/bullet.

Tcrusader51
Apr 8, 2013, 05:01 PM
I never liked the collecting disc to upgrade techs but I never liked spamming the way tech to upgrade either. Since they made classes level up the normal exp way (though I kind of like it better with PSU) to support subclasses and skill tree more, I think it would of been better if they use the mission's grade to give points to put into skilling up techs.

Alisha
Apr 8, 2013, 05:05 PM
the best way would be to just gain pa lvls automatically as you lvl up.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 05:55 PM
Haha yes, that's exactly what I want to do. "Incentive to log in" my ass. If I'm thinking "oh god I have to do another round of hundreds to thousands of uses EACH" then I'm not going to bother logging in to do that.

If you had to grind PAs and techs, you'll just further the divide. Now the situational stuff becomes WORTHLESS because they're not even CLOSE to the "good one." "ezmode" techs become the only ones, and support is largely unaffected because lv1 is nearly the same thing as lv99.

If anything I'd be for a disc system that only drops in increments of 5 (except lv1). You can go lv1->4 or 15->19 through normal use, but not past these thresholds without eating a disc.

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 06:04 PM
I just said it's better than having nothing to do.

I would ideally want SEGA to add some competitive content with challenging enemies, but you know they never will.

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2013, 06:16 PM
I would ideally want SEGA to add some competitive content with challenging enemies, but you know they never will.
Never say never.

Instead, say "extremely, highly unlikely". You never know. They might surprise you.

RadiantLegend
Apr 8, 2013, 06:18 PM
Hmm no. As a gunner in PSU leveling every single bullet the non-afking way SUCKED. Dugrega and a few melee PA's also sucked.

Reia
Apr 8, 2013, 06:25 PM

Dont remind me when I was 11 and got tons of fun with my uber capped Ele and Assist and the only thing that I enjoyed leveling up to don't focus on the extremely boring rare hunting. Stupid v6 update and its SP to help some random casuals get super strong and messing the class balance : p After it got out it felt that you just grinded every optimal EXP enemy in that game and became extremely boring.

Yeah and the fact that like FlyFF, not everyone got high level PAs so instantly just because they just grind the last dungeon.

I liked that from Mabinogi too but sadly the game will go offline sooner or later.

Galax
Apr 8, 2013, 06:26 PM
@JoffreyX, I get that that is how you feel about it; But I would rather play another game than repeat my tech and bullet grinding. I mained Guntecher and Fortegunner on my newman. It was NOT better than nothing, because it felt the same as doing nothing - sitting there, staring into space, and pressing a button on a controller or slapping my hand against my leg to make some kind of something. Support techs were such a bore to level that there were parties up for 12+ hours for no other purpose than to have a bunch of techers sit around a PP refill cube and cast buffs on each other.

That was one of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to experience. I will NOT repeat it if I can help it.

Don't even get me started on laser cannon bullets. I got Dark Prism to 21 and went back to Wartecher to actually use something that wasn't boring to level - Claw and Dagger PAs.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 06:28 PM
I just said it's better than having nothing to do.

I would ideally want SEGA to add some competitive content with challenging enemies, but you know they never will.And I'm saying it's worse. If I'm stuck at lv3 PAs and techs and the only way to be useful in actual content is to sit there spamming the same thing a million times then I'm actually discouraged from logging on.

They'd have to be a sizeable increase in order for it to be worth doing, but not so much that you're gimp for not spending thousands of hours not actually playing the game first.

You could have severe drop off for both the power increase and exp gain instead of the linear progression with occasional large jumps like it is now, but what would this accomplish other than be a nightmare for completionists? Just everyone has decent to good PAs/techs, but only the massive nolifes get a slight advantage per substantial investment in each skill. I guess it's better than leaving it up to RNG for max level discs, but the last couple levels rarely make a big difference as it is.

I'd be more for something like a Foie2 disc requiring much higher T-Atk to learn, but starts off stronger than a midlevel Foie that you can upgrade with use. But then that clutters up your skill list, where I already want to unlearn most ice techs to make it easier to scroll down to bolt. ¬_¬

Reia
Apr 8, 2013, 06:28 PM
@JoffreyX, I get that that is how you feel about it; But I would rather play another game than repeat my tech and bullet grinding. I mained Guntecher and Fortegunner on my newman. It was NOT better than nothing, because it felt the same as doing nothing - sitting there, staring into space, and pressing a button on a controller or slapping my hand against my leg to make some kind of something. Support techs were such a bore to level that there were parties up for 12+ hours for no other purpose than to have a bunch of techers sit around a PP refill cube and cast buffs on each other.

That was one of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to experience. I will NOT repeat it if I can help it.

Don't even get me started on laser cannon bullets. I got Dark Prism to 21 and went back to Wartecher to actually use something that wasn't boring to level - Claw and Dagger PAs.

^Well in all those 3 games (PSU included) I never actually focused on sitting for optimal PA increase. I just spammed the PAs on normal runs and they level up itself, yeah it took longer because there wasn't stuff I use pretty often (Hello Daggers, Hello Megid techs, Hello Electric bullets) but in the end they leveled up around the first year to cap in vanilla and kept going on every PA update. If I ever needed like, OH GEEZ I NEED A XBOW PA FOR THIS NEW EVENT!? well just spam it and because I do the event runs all day it just take a few days to cap it without losing the normal grind speed. I dont think its good for poeple to be specially obsessed in capping every single PA, specially the ones they dont use, unless you're a Force that is, get those dem techs LV31 ASAP!

If it worked, you used it. Dat feel when everyone mocked me for using rifles because I liked to shoot from a distance and got them leveled up just having fun and then the Major Bullet PA coming and everything bawwing at the hassle of wanting their Bullets LV31+ fast xD

Meanwhile in PSO2. OH GOD WHY I HAVE TO SPAM ZESHRAYDA AQ RUNS TO INCREASE MY OVER END!? : l

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 06:46 PM
Alright.

I didn't play PSU for very long, but I was basing my knowledge of a 'skill up' system on other games, to be honest.
the idea of leveling up your skills through use is not really inherently a bad one, but if it was that horrible in PSU I can understand why you wouldn't want to see it back

Arrow
Apr 8, 2013, 07:19 PM
The only thing I can think of is Mabinogi's skill system...
had to meet certain requirements for EACH FREAKIN RANK and then you needed the AP to actually rank it up.

I suffered horribly from that system because I wound up leveling to a point where only extremely powerful rare enemies counted for the strong or boss requirement for my skills and thus I couldn't train weaker skills and I couldn't even try to do anything for different combat systems (like alchemy or magic) without dying and not being able to complete any of the requirements.

Thus, anyone that says "grinding is more fun" are gluttons for punishment [SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8fzgIZcFM"]Tenshi GET DOWN - YouTube[/url] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzq6BxII9g&list=WLE03244054DC5C701[/Spoiler-box] or just have that much time to burn doing repetitive actions (stereotyping, feel free to shoot me for it. :quickdraw:)

=w=...
I'm just not keen on making a "skill" system based on "requirements" (be it simply using it or killing certain # of certain lvl things...) it makes people like me who specialize with merely a small number of skills...very limited in what they can do (and sometimes can never achieve final stats/abilities because of it) at the supposed "endgame."

Not like Sega will actually go out of their way to implement it now...
........r-r-right?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 07:31 PM
You know...some kind of AP system where you could spend points to upgrade techs and PAs without disks would be nice as long as the disk system was still in place.

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 07:33 PM
no one was suggesting anything like that, Arrow.

nor is SEGA even competent enough to implement anything like that. Look forward to more reskinned enemies, reskinned areas, and fetish outfits though

Arrow
Apr 8, 2013, 07:53 PM
You know...some kind of AP system where you could spend points to upgrade techs and PAs without disks would be nice as long as the disk system was still in place.

as long as the AP is balanced properly where you don't have to use like 100AP and you only get 1 per 500,000 exp (can't go by lvl in this game cause there's no "rebirth" system like in mabi where there's an infinite # of lvls)

no one was suggesting anything like that, Arrow.

nor is SEGA even competent enough to implement anything like that. Look forward to more reskinned enemies, reskinned areas, and fetish outfits though

I saw "grinding" and "having to do something to lvl it up" and it just set me off on a tangent. The last line was me coming back to reality =w= thank you sega for being so simple minded in this case...and only in this regard shall I be grateful for that...though it's not like I'm complain' bout the skimpy outfits...uh-I mean-LOOK! ADORABLE RAPPIES TO KILL!

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 08:14 PM
as long as the AP is balanced properly where you don't have to use like 100AP and you only get 1 per 500,000 exp (can't go by lvl in this game cause there's no "rebirth" system like in mabi where there's an infinite # of lvls)

I saw "grinding" and "having to do something to lvl it up" and it just set me off on a tangent. The last line was me coming back to reality =w= thank you sega for being so simple minded in this case...and only in this regard shall I be grateful for that...though it's not like I'm complain' bout the skimpy outfits...uh-I mean-LOOK! ADORABLE RAPPIES TO KILL!

Well the point would be that you could play however you wanted and put points wherever you wanted. Sega's not doing it anyway so it's a rather moot point.

Alex305!
Apr 8, 2013, 09:23 PM
Anyone who said PSU system was better never had to level laser cannons to 50 and if they did they will further support the fragmentation of players this game seems to promote. Leveling PA's was one of the most unpleasant things I had to do in the pso series. Lots of exploits and workarounds to level PA's just to be effective. Now forces can jump in and actually play. Not worrying about leveling a tech for a new area and the force can keep up with his hunter friends with spells having more range and AOE.

Its a superior system and I would say in a objective sense but some people need something to feel superior about so they support it...

Inazuma
Apr 8, 2013, 10:33 PM
I preferred PSU's system of leveling photon arts by using them. All you had to do was AFK and you could max out all of your techs and bullets. The current system in PSO2 makes it much harder to max all of your photon arts, especially since we can't trade the discs. Some of my techs are not level 15, or even 14. If we had PSU's system, all of my techs would have been 15 by now.

Basically, I just want all my techs to be max level. PSO2 makes it much more difficult and especially time consuming.

hovsep56
Apr 9, 2013, 06:54 AM
ok wait so you guys would rather lv your skills up to max by just buying 1 single disk (wich are cheap as hell btw) than upgrading them in a satisfying way and another thing mabinogi's system was good i mean comon doesnt that feel boring i mean you probably will like this oh no i need 3 levels for that skill dont worry i just buy the disk i need and bam im good to go thats just boring

Syklo
Apr 9, 2013, 07:03 AM
ok wait so you guys would rather lv your skills up to max by just buying 1 single disk (wich are cheap as hell btw) than upgrading them in a satisfying way and another thing mabinogi's system was good i mean comon doesnt that feel boring i mean you probably will like this oh no i need 3 levels for that skill dont worry i just buy the disk i need and bam im good to go thats just boring
It's more boring than repeating the same skill over and over again just for the sake of levelling it up.

In mabinogi's case: Refining, Windmill, Smash, etc.
As if you don't find THAT boring (however this is purely preference).

And I level my skills with SP, not by buying disks :)
-overlytechnical-

Bellion
Apr 9, 2013, 07:36 AM
Anyone who said PSU system was better never had to level laser cannons to 50 and if they did they will further support the fragmentation of players this game seems to promote. Leveling PA's was one of the most unpleasant things I had to do in the pso series. Lots of exploits and workarounds to level PA's just to be effective. Now forces can jump in and actually play. Not worrying about leveling a tech for a new area and the force can keep up with his hunter friends with spells having more range and AOE.

Its a superior system and I would say in a objective sense but some people need something to feel superior about so they support it...

I've had all Laser Cannon PAs to 50 and all Rifle Bullets to at least 48+. I liked the system, but I would prefer if they lowered the grinding a bit. Spending 40 minutes in Seed Express just to get a Laser Cannon PA from 40-41 wasn't exactly fun. Still, the system would be fine if they didn't make it too much grindy. I do not like that RNG will determine whether we get a high leveled PA or not. At least allow us to upgrade through constant use and allow finding PAs to skip ahead as well.

Railkune
Apr 9, 2013, 08:13 AM
It's more boring than repeating the same skill over and over again just for the sake of levelling it up.

Gotta agree here. I'm the type of person who gets sick of seeing the same skill over and over. Even if you use the excuse of switching weapon types for a while, it's still the same exact thing; spamming one skill over and over. I need different skills to handle different situations using a weapon I prefer without having to becoming Firion.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 08:17 AM
This thread is the best entertainment I've gotten out of PSOW in a long, long time.

Apparently some people actually believe entertainment only comes in the form of spamming the same attacks, and if you didn't like that then all you do is stand around in lobbies.

You are not allowed to like other things.

I rescind any statements I made about nostalgiafags not existing in PSOW.

Vashyron
Apr 9, 2013, 08:37 AM
Personally would of preferred a System that combined the two somewhat, not really going to go into any detail but thinking about it I dont think it would be bad at all, would aliviate some RNG out of the system, especially for Higher End Disks that drop from Rare Enemies/Bosses.

Obviously on the levelling side at least try balance it so there is a good scale compared to everything else, not have absolute idiocy like PSU where levelling most Bullets was absoulte crap to levelling most Melee PAs.

Bellion
Apr 9, 2013, 09:07 AM
Exactly, it's pure bullshit when you really want a lvl 15 PA but can only get a lvl 14 version. Same thing with lvl 10 and lvl 11PAs. If you want something like a Slide End lvl 15, but RNG keeps giving you that lvl 14, why not allow us to upgrade it through constant use but don't make it to the point of using it a ridiculous amount of times to level it.

It's the same as 10* weapons before they were allowed to be sold. Player A gets all of the 10*s that Player B wants and Player B gets all of the 10*s Player A wants. Just replace 10*s with PA and the level that you want. Yeah, it's not as bad as finding 10*s you want, but RNG can tell you NOPE. Mix of both, please.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 09:09 AM
Do both.

Let us find them because that has its pros and cons.

Let us level the ones we can't find, because that resolves the only real con of find-only discs.

Whabam it's what I said to do on post #3 and have said since PSU came out.

BlankM
Apr 9, 2013, 09:51 AM
Most PAs don't even get that much stronger. Wait til level 30 disks come out...

I would like techs/PAs to start looking different at higher levels also.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 09:55 AM
Most PAs don't even get that much stronger. Wait til level 30 disks come out...

I would like techs/PAs to start looking different at higher levels also.

The damage bump was a rebalancing. Notice how techs that were frequently used gained only the normal amount of bonus from 1-10 (usually 3% for techs), but heavily underused ones gained anywhere from 50% to 100%. Zonde especially got a massive bump in power, so did homing emission. After 11 they resumed the normal linear 3-12% gains per level.

Now that they've been rebalanced, I don't see zonde getting another bump at 16. Gizan, on the other hand...

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2013, 11:45 AM
I liked PSO1's ability to find discs and I liked PSU's ability to level up discs. I did not entirely like them independently, however.

I would like both here. Let us find or buy discs to manually upgrade, or let us use discs we simply cannot find better versions of.
That is how it should have been.

That said what I dislike about the skill system is PP is too limited. I can't have my execution pahse taken down a peg due to pp deficiency...

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 01:08 PM
A friend of mine who quit a long while ago wanted PAs/technics to level up some if you used the same level disc.

So if you got a bunch of lv14s, you'd be at least halfway to 15 or so.

hovsep56
Apr 9, 2013, 02:44 PM
jesus my post changed into a ideas post lol

Reia
Apr 9, 2013, 04:23 PM
This is why I wanted the PSU system lol.

Everyone complained about the grind but I found it really convenient! Specially for a Day 1 player.

Railkune
Apr 9, 2013, 04:26 PM
I just don't like the leveling system. I mean, heck they could just have it to where you have to use disks at specific levels. For example, you find the Over End 1 disk. From there, through continuous use, it will level up to lets say... 9. There you have to find/buy the Over End Lv.10 disk. Etc. I'd be cool with that.

jooozek
Apr 9, 2013, 04:28 PM
god forbid there be options
only 1 path allowed
it would be too much of a game

redroses
Apr 9, 2013, 04:34 PM
I always thought having a mix between finding discs and leveling them would have been perfect. The leveling alone could have worked too IF the exp requirement to the next levels would have been made fairer and easier to accomplish. Some PA/Techs/Bullets just took forever to level in PSU and you really had to invest hours (a lot of hours) to get them to level up.
But combining both systems might have been a good idea, like that people that aren't lucky in finding high level discs would have had a different option and people that wouldn't feel like leveling could try to find the discs.

Railkune
Apr 9, 2013, 05:03 PM
I always thought having a mix between finding discs and leveling them would have been perfect. The leveling alone could have worked too IF the exp requirement to the next levels would have been made fairer and easier to accomplish. Some PA/Techs/Bullets just took forever to level in PSU and you really had to invest hours (a lot of hours) to get them to level up.
But combining both systems might have been a good idea, like that people that aren't lucky in finding high level discs would have had a different option and people that wouldn't feel like leveling could try to find the discs.

Yeah, it sounds legit. Though, I doubt that will be the case unfortunately. Not that I mind the disk hunt we have to go through now.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 05:53 PM

People seem to overlook this option a lot.

gigawuts
Apr 9, 2013, 06:00 PM
Know how to solve the flaw with this system?

Let us trade level 11+ discs

it "worked" for 10*'s e_e

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 06:05 PM
Premium only in a month.

There I said it

ShinMaruku
Apr 9, 2013, 06:49 PM
only 1 path allowed

Humans want things to be simple and nothing ever is. And therein lies our problem.

Zenobia
Apr 9, 2013, 06:52 PM
only 1 path allowed

Then every side option you pick leads you to a dead end thus forcing you to follow that ONE true path.

Huehuehue Sega~.

Zeik2006
Apr 9, 2013, 07:22 PM
Not this guy.

I hated PSU's system SO HARD. I loved playing a ranger in PSO, but having to level every single bullet 6 different times for every gun ever was just stupid.

Techers had it even worse.

Hunters didn't have it nearly as bad because you only really had to use one PA per weapon since their was a clearcut best PA per weapon type in most cases.

But the other two types of classes got shafted so damn hard.

Syklo
Apr 9, 2013, 08:05 PM
Here's an idea:

RNG Giving you excess lv 14 discs?
How about combining them into a lv15?

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
^That would be something cool.

Honestly, I'd like an alternative to acquiring disks. PSO and PSO2's system always felt so unnatural to me compared to PSU. It never made sense to me that you had abilitues that you had to find as drops, where in most games you "learn" them (as abilities they are). But PSU system as also very tedious and boring, I never managed to cap all my techs.

Having it as a secondary option would be nice. Having alternatives to get disks that aren't just drops, or that uses low-end drops that we get so often an that are so worthless to sell to NPC.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 10, 2013, 12:58 AM
NO. just no.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 01:16 AM
Man, don't make wall of texts explaining your points, people might get bored reading them. <_<