PDA

View Full Version : Properties unlock

Smithee
Apr 8, 2013, 07:47 PM
Anyone know what happens if I potential unlock my quartz caliber? To unlock it's properties

riku2replica
Apr 8, 2013, 08:29 PM
sorry what do you mean by " if I properties unlock my quartz caliber"?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 08:32 PM
Weapon potential

You should probably learn to look this stuff up for yourself, but it increases damage dealt to dragonkin types. +10% at lvl 3

Smithee
Apr 8, 2013, 08:51 PM
Weapon potential

You should probably learn to look this stuff up for yourself, but it increases damage dealt to dragonkin types. +10% at lvl 3

I did actually and I got 10% damage to balaur. I spent about 20 minutes looking for it. Thanks for the info and being and asshole. I checked the JP wiki and Cirnopedia.

Syklo
Apr 8, 2013, 08:56 PM
Oh quartz calibur has a potential now?

FINALLY.
But +10% to dragonkin? Damn.
I just use mine against darkers @_@

Smithee
Apr 8, 2013, 08:56 PM
Oh quartz calibur has a potential now?

FINALLY.

But it sucks >.>

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 08:58 PM
I did actually and I got 10% damage to balaur. I spent about 20 minutes looking for it. Thanks for the info and being and asshole. I checked the JP wiki and Cirnopedia.

Good, then you didn't need to make this thread.

Smithee
Apr 8, 2013, 09:00 PM
Good, then you didn't need to make this thread.

How so? I checked to see what a balaur was in PSO2 and was told it didn't exist.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 09:06 PM
A bălaur or balaur is a creature in Romanian folklore, similar to a European dragon.
If you bothered to look it up.

No idea why Google's first and only translation of "Ryuuzoku" (Dragon Tribe) is Balaur, though.

Syklo
Apr 8, 2013, 09:08 PM
If you bothered to look it up.

No idea why Google's first and only translation of "Ryuuzoku" (Dragon Tribe) is Balaur, though.
Probably user input.

Strange though.

Smithee
Apr 8, 2013, 09:11 PM
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Balaur+PSO2&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=HPNTDFJS Yet nowhere did I see anything about dragons or dragon kin

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 09:13 PM
Well your first problem is you're googling with Bing.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=balaur+pso2

First few links point to Amduscia Caves

Smithee
Apr 8, 2013, 09:21 PM
Well your first problem is you're googling with Bing.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=balaur+pso2

First few links point to Amduscia Caves

So too be suitable for PSO2 I have to use google?

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 09:22 PM
To find what you're looking for, you have to not use Bing

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 09:25 PM
Not only that but the JP wiki shows what the potential is.

Anyway if you use google translate on the kanji for balur but tell it the kanji is chinese, you get dragon.

So I'd have to agree it's likely user input.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 09:53 PM
And seriously don't use Bing, it sucks. They couldn't pay me to use it (they do and I don't)

DreamState83
Apr 9, 2013, 12:27 AM
While it's understandable that one may feel that asking questions on a forum should be widely accepted, with the ease of research using tools such as google many might find it a bit lazy to ask others instead of searching for yourself.

I know this particular situation might be a bit in the gray area, as you did search (albeit with bing, which last I check they still lose millions on the service yearly).

I think where some of the friction comes into play is that when some questions are asked on forums such as this, most users will simply do a google search to provide you with an answer - which makes people a bit miffed since it's them doing the work instead of you all because of a feeling of entitlement on a message board.

The truth is, nobody owes anyone else an answer. The people that do answer questions do so in the spirit of helping others, even at the cost of having to look it up themselves.

At the end of the day this particular post does have shades of gray which dismisses you from ridicule of not researching before posting (at least in my book), but I'd caution you not to attack people and stoop to the name calling even if provoked. Provoking others, as well as degenerated responses and name calling are both strictly against the forum rules. If you believe that someone is treating you unfairly, it's advised to report it quietly rather than pollute the forums :)

Anyways, I'm glad you got the information you were looking for! Happy gaming!