PDA

View Full Version : What (if any) new skill will you respec for?

Pirrip
Apr 10, 2013, 04:14 AM
inb4 none of them.

But seriously, are you planning to respec for anything in particular?

Rien
Apr 10, 2013, 04:16 AM
I know a friend who will respec for Assist Extend. I'm respeccing for Fury Stance Combo. Also going to change my fighter spec because I had halfline slayer and static boosts are stupid.

GoldenFalcon
Apr 10, 2013, 04:24 AM
I know a friend who will respec for Assist Extend. I'm respeccing for Fury Stance Combo. Also going to change my fighter spec because I had halfline slayer and static boosts are stupid.

Do you know what Fury Combo Up does? and what new skill does Fighter have.. >:

Coatl
Apr 10, 2013, 04:24 AM
Not sure how I will go about the gunner tree. You can't max both perfect keeper and Attack PP restorate.

jooozek
Apr 10, 2013, 04:25 AM

damage raise for successful chain of just attacks (no idea if its just for normal attacks or PAs too, it makes sense that its for both but its SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAA so)

GoldenFalcon
Apr 10, 2013, 04:29 AM
damage raise for successful chain of just attacks (no idea if its just for normal attacks or PAs too, it makes sense that its for both but its SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAA so)

Like.. forever? like JA 10 times and do double damage?

Rien
Apr 10, 2013, 04:29 AM

Fighter has PP slayer, on the slayer side. I'm not going there o.o

GoldenFalcon
Apr 10, 2013, 04:34 AM
Fighter has PP slayer, on the slayer side. I'm not going there o.o

Erm, uh... more damage at max PP? D:

Keiko_Seisha
Apr 10, 2013, 04:35 AM
I kinda hoped Photon Flare Afterburst would make Photon Flare worth going for now.

Sadly, it's just an additional 30 sec boost after Photon Flare ends. Nothing too bad but nothing too great either. I'll just stick with raw damage boosting skills on my Force tree.

Rare Mastery Techer on the Techer tree would probably be something I looked at if I could get my hands on a 10* weapon.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2013, 04:35 AM
Erm, uh... more damage at max PP? D:

More damage at half pp.

GoldenFalcon
Apr 10, 2013, 04:37 AM
More damage at half pp.

Oh.

Oomph to the end of a combo... dunno

Rien
Apr 10, 2013, 04:43 AM
I kinda hoped Photon Flare Afterburst would make Photon Flare worth going for now.

Sadly, it's just an additional 30 sec boost after Photon Flare ends. Nothing too bad but nothing too great either. I'll just stick with raw damage boosting skills on my Force tree.

Rare Mastery Techer on the Techer tree would probably be something I looked at if I could get my hands on a 10* weapon.

It's +100 t-att

SEGA would have to turn photon flare into huge % boosts for people to want to look at it.

Coatl
Apr 10, 2013, 04:44 AM

Is there still a HP penalty after the photon flare ends?

Keiko_Seisha
Apr 10, 2013, 04:47 AM
It's +100 t-att

SEGA would have to turn photon flare into huge % boosts for people to want to look at it.

Or make it something like a stance, I don't think it would be too broken since things nearly one shot me enough as-is on V.Hard and it would just turn you into a glass cannon build. Then again the enemies die fast enough as it is as well.

Is there still a HP penalty after the photon flare ends?

Based on the description it doesn't look like it. HP returns to normal and your T.Atk remains increased.

SPOnion
Apr 10, 2013, 04:52 AM

And it's only 100 TATK for 30s for 10 SP! For 10SP!!!
Ice tree sucks even more.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 05:36 AM
Extend Assist = Trash. Bur duration can be tripled by lvl 10. Sounds great right? All it does it add to the number of ticks that are stackable. What this means is you actually have to cast Shifta 3 times at lvl 10 to get shifta to last 3 minutes.
Perfect Keeper = A little too out of the way to be worth it, but not bad. You have to go into ZRA2 and R Atk Up 2 to get it. I believe it's a 10% damage boost at lvl 10.
PP Slayer = Static 100 point gain when your PP is under 50% at +10. Don't bother
Photon Flare After Burst = See Extend Assist and PP Slayer. Ice tree is bad. Photon Flare is bad. Skill gives +100 T atk when maxed for 30 seconds after PF ends...yeah avoid this.
Fury Stance Combo = WTF, Hunter's damage bonuses now wreck Fighter's. Located right under Fury Stance up 1, at +10 it gives a 20% damage bonus which when combined with the skills required to get it also maxed results is a 2x damage bonus. It also seems to trigger on the first JA. GG Sega.
Killing Bonus = Not bad. Needs more testing. Gives a static PP gain when something dies nearby. you don't actually have to get the kill. There appears to be a cooldown though so you can't just have your meter refill from killing 7+ enemies at once. Might not be worth it in the end but I've had it be the difference between being able to use another PA or not.

Zenobia
Apr 10, 2013, 06:34 AM
Dude just tried out Fury Combo+ and that shit is awesome damage is pure fucking smexy it even works for PA's that shit is legit.

Pround HU/FI mainer to the max bby.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 06:45 AM
Fury Stance Combo seems to work on techs too. I tried it unarmed and I noticed the damage increased. As Zenobia said, that shit is awesome. I had to drop some points in JA bonus, but I should get them back with the new 5 levels. Previously I had Guard Stance maxed too, but since my survability went up a lot from Iron Will, those points are better spent on Fury Stance Combo.

I'm pretty dissapointed with Photon Flare. I had a skilltree with it before the patch, in hopes that the new skills fixed something. But since it got so crap I decided to drop it entirely. Got enough points for both Flame Tech Charge S, Bolt PP Save, both Charge Advances and even tech JA bonus.

I feel sad for the ice skilltree. They could have made this new skill give much more points, like some sort of slow-charging ability. You use Photon Flare, it pops your points up then after a while they go even higher. But nope, they just made it as lame as usual. 100 TATK? please, SEGA, that's garbage. I don't even know why aren't we getting percentual modifiers like HU, that would be much better.

Rien
Apr 10, 2013, 06:48 AM
Fury Stance Combo Up seems to work on techs too. I tried it unarmed and I noticed the damage increased. As Zenobia said, that shit is awesome.

TE/HU melees out there will be pleased.

Gardios
Apr 10, 2013, 06:50 AM
TE/HU melees out there will be pleased.
*is Guard Stance TE/HU* ;_;

I should buy a Hunter tree...

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 06:55 AM
*is Guard Stance TE/HU* ;_;

I should buy a Hunter tree...

Well, we got resets for a reason, unless you used them up already. <_<

I'm pretty happy with HU now, as a FO/HU I'm really pleased.

Zenobia
Apr 10, 2013, 07:13 AM
Dude thye killed some of the skills on the TE side Guess i'll basically jus stick with what I had on that tree also Zonde doesn't seem to be that nerfed? Aside from a couple of damage points say -700-500? It doesn't seem that weak at all....

Keiko_Seisha
Apr 10, 2013, 07:17 AM
Dude thye killed some of the skills on the TE side Guess i'll basically jus stick with what I had on that tree also Zonde doesn't seem to be that nerfed? Aside from a couple of damage points say -700-500? It doesn't seem that weak at all....

The only thing they did to nerf it was lower it's damage mod by like... Five or so levels worth? Something like that.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:19 AM
its a 25% damage nerf. it's not bad, but it's definitely noticable.

/les sad

ShilohSham
Apr 10, 2013, 07:20 AM
I'm really enjoying, Ra/Hu now, I only got to play a few mins but, PP killer and fury combo are really nice, I haven't been keep my eye on my PP so I don't know if killer has a cooldown or not but If I find out for sure ill post more info

my Force tree did not change nor did my fighter so not much room to say there, I Grab Extended Shifta and deband for my support techer tree I've yet to test it could be good for bosses or could be total trash.

all of the master 10* rare abilty seem worthless as they only give 50+ Tatk/Ratk/Satk at 10+

but it seem fury combo works on range attack and techs so it very fun to use

If I had to rate it how this update went Id say hunters and rangers got the best skills, and gunner/techer may have gotten ok skills and it seems that fightier and force just got boned

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:23 AM
I'd say everyone but Hu and Ra got boned >_>

Gen2000
Apr 10, 2013, 07:30 AM
HU and RA stuff only thing I'm jumping into, the rest seems questionable to dive into right now. HU stuff was a no brainer and the RA's Killing Bonus not even that big of a risk jump since it's right under Standing Snipes which I prefer to have anyways.

I'm glad I hesitated some before starting my RA/FI grind leveling binge, I can just finish off the HU side of my RA/HU now.

Alma
Apr 10, 2013, 08:06 AM
did Fury combo also work on tech? o_O

Zenobia
Apr 10, 2013, 08:07 AM
did Fury combo also work on tech? o_O

Works on all classes~

Bellion
Apr 10, 2013, 08:08 AM
No, Fury Stance and Combo do not affect Techs.

Zyrusticae
Apr 10, 2013, 08:08 AM
Fury Stance Combo so OP, omglol

No really, this patch is insane. My Assault Busters and Slide Ends used to hit for around 5k. Now? 8K PER SHOT BABY, OH YEEEAAAH!

I am now a wrecking ball of epic proportions. I could never have foreseen such a fortuitous development.

Zenobia
Apr 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
Fury Stance Combo so OP, omglol

No really, this patch is insane. My Assault Busters and Slide Ends used to hit for around 5k. Now? 8K PER SHOT BABY, OH YEEEAAAH!

I am now a wrecking ball of epic proportions. I could never have foreseen such a fortuitous development.

LOL IKR! I was like WTF.

SRS note HU is srs bsn yo like the damage from fury combo+ is off the charts certain PA's I wouldn't dare reach such damage this is the boost HU needed a long fucking time ago~.

Alma
Apr 10, 2013, 08:15 AM
some say fury combo work on tech, some don't...
which are correct?

the description did say it work only for S atk and R atk...

also if they give hunter such OP skill like this why bother nerfing zonde SEGA? T_TS

Bellion
Apr 10, 2013, 08:31 AM
Wow, okay. Looks like I was half wrong. Fury Stance does not affect Techs. Fury Stance Combo Up, however, does affect Techs.

Rafoie doing 2.6k, turn on Fury Stance with points put into Combo and hit 2.9k.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2013, 08:35 AM
...Interesting development with FSCU. I wonder if it's a bug?

Also FSCU looks like a university.

Bellion
Apr 10, 2013, 08:38 AM
It's probably not a bug. I decided to look at the JP description and saw that there wasn't any attack types mentioned. Then I decided to test it and so, I guess it affects everything. Still, FO/FI will be better than FO/HU for damage.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2013, 08:41 AM
If I can get into the game for five goddamn minutes without it crashing (seriously, wtf is this shit?) I'll be able to tell how it stacks.

Because after just 3 ja'd castings it will be dealing better damage than fighter's brave stance. The difference is one is good in the short term, the other is good in the long term.

Drifting Fable
Apr 10, 2013, 08:42 AM
YESSSS, MELEE HAS AN OP SKILL! :> FI/HU FOR LIFE!

So beyond the obvious acquirement of fury stance combo, I plan to also shift my step points onto fighter and acquire Just counter and Sword Gear at last. Debating on trying to go for iron will but I think I'll just through whatever points that remain into a fury stance up

PP slayer seems to suck but I might go for 10 star mastery for my future Sacred Dusters and max chase advance + bind. Oh and I'm getting rid of my double saber stuff and wise stance stuff. Really don't like it and don't need it anyhow.

Bellion
Apr 10, 2013, 08:46 AM
I thought it was just a constant 20%(maxed) damage boost that you get if you just succeed a JA and not an increase every time you JA in a chain. I didn't seem to notice a difference in damage when I was using Addition Bullets in succession with Standing Snipes applied.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2013, 08:48 AM
It is. My friend stated "it doesn't work with PAs", but I assume he just didn't realise it didn't keep increasing.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2013, 09:07 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? Then why even call it that? What the fuck? The point of a combo skill is that it stacks, not that it's just a restricted JA Bonus.

God damn sega are dumb.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 10:15 AM
So it only increases the damage once, after a single JA?

Well how stupid. =/ Still a good bonus for melee, and helps a bit with techs for those like me who sub HU, but, it'd be cooler that it raised the damage some times before getting to the cap. =/

Seems like most new skills are a good "concept" but suck at implementation in any way or another.

Laxedrane
Apr 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
I thought it was just a constant 20%(maxed) damage boost that you get if you just succeed a JA and not an increase every time you JA in a chain. I didn't seem to notice a difference in damage when I was using Addition Bullets in succession with Standing Snipes applied.

Based on the descriptions I read. You get it so long as you keep comboing. It disappears once you stop (I think it has to be a just attack each time too.)

But that's just my view point on reading the info available. Not personally tested(I am trying to resist having a melee orientated hunter cause I wanted to do that on another character and not my main but I might if it's a good combo for my umbrella and wands in general. so more info would be appreciated.:D)

As far as extend. I threw 1 point into that since you get a 60 second bonus just from 1. It will be useful for falz and other bosses. Since your standing around for at least 30 seconds anyways. Why not pump everyone full of buffs.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2013, 12:25 PM
Killing bonus is such a hilarious bandaid to try to make RA better as a sub.

Here's an idea:

Standing Snipe and Weak Hit Advance should work on striking, like how fury stance works on ranged.

Yeah I said it, what now? Anyone going to say 56% more damage with striking on weak points would be OP, compared to what fury stance and JAB1&2 + FSCU offer? Because it's a weaker bonus. What about standing snipe? That doesn't apply to most spammable moves at all, seeing as you step forward with deadly archer and most other power moves. It would only work with a few PA's - in midair. Other Spin and Over End are all I can think of right now.

Melee needs killing bonus more than ranged does.

Killing Bonus + SS for a few PA's + WHA for all striking = Sub comparable to HU for bonuses and utility. Weak Bullet is either useless support modo while you store them or one bullet every - at the absolute best - 90 seconds.

GoldenFalcon
Apr 10, 2013, 12:40 PM
So "Combo Up" is just Fury Stance JA Bonus

...okay

Keyblade59
Apr 10, 2013, 01:14 PM
With Killing Bonus I feel a HU/FI and RA build would be interesting to run with lots of PA spamming.

gigawuts
Apr 10, 2013, 01:21 PM
With Killing Bonus I feel a HU/FI and RA build would be interesting to run with lots of PA spamming.

FI offers HU the brave & wise stance damage bonuses of 38% or 62.5% more damage, if you get 5 SP in the stances and 10 SP in the ups, plus the new allclass lambda hellfret (just below red dub satk, without the red dub dex penalty), nishiki, and I guess boxing gloves or brave knuckle for speed (lol). These really supplement the damage of HU.

HU offers FI JA Bonus 1 & 2, fury stance, and fury stance combo up - totaling 45% more damage on just attack and 25% on fury stance. You also get lambda aristin, patty lumeria, and hyperion. The AOE on these 3 completely cover the AOE problems FI has. You can also opt for investing 15 SP in iron will or automate halfline.

Ranger offers killing bonus and weak bullet, if you have an allclass rifle.

Yeah.

Get 10 more PP for each kill so you can use more PA's, or kill things in one PA so you don't even need to use more PA's. The choice is yours.

This is why I made my post above about standing snipe and weak hit advance. Subbing RA is like subbing TE, except without techs. None of the skills benefit you to basically any degree, barring only WB - which is either only useful every 1.5 minutes for one hitbox or only useful for your teammates for 4 WB's while you do absolutely nothing - and a mediocre PP bonus.

BlankM
Apr 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
It seems far more potent to go Ra/Hu. Even if you decide to be more melee-oriented you can pick up Lambda Aristin and AoE the crap out of everything and get your PP back for it.

It was really overkill to give Rangers Killing Bonus. I don't see anyone complaining about PP problems with Ranger in comparison to Melee classes.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2013, 01:43 PM
Killing Bonus isn't as overpowered as you think. You don't get PP for every little thing you kill, but rather sometimes. Not sure how it works as I haven't really tested, but...

Also nah, going Fi/Hu (or Hu/Fi) is definitely more potent than Ra/Hu for melee.

Emmie
Apr 10, 2013, 02:20 PM
Extend Assist = Trash. Bur duration can be tripled by lvl 10. Sounds great right? All it does it add to the number of ticks that are stackable. What this means is you actually have to cast Shifta 3 times at lvl 10 to get shifta to last 3 minutes.

That's odd. I was playing around Extend Assist with a bit before I went to sleep. I noticed that Shifta now lasts only 45 seconds and had to be casted 4 times to reach the 3min mark. Did I see that wrong? I was pretty tired at the time. I'll test it again when I get home.

Either way, I regret getting Extend Assist. Having to cast it multiple times to get the extension is pretty unwieldy. I might end up buying a new skill tree for Te later on.

fay
Apr 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
Can someone explain to me how we use this skill reset ticket.
I have the ticket, but it won't let me reset it. Whenever I try to reset it I get a message telling me I can't reset it because that skill tree is currently set. Does this mean I can't use it until I buy another skill tree?

Bellion
Apr 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
It is the option under(literally) Skill Tree reset. Bring the Ticket with you.

fay
Apr 10, 2013, 02:27 PM
Ah, thank you. Never knew what that option was.