PDA

View Full Version : help!

kirito21
Apr 10, 2013, 07:13 AM
i downloaded the pre patch last week but when i open my launcher the file downloading is too large. :(

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:15 AM
You might have to manually move all the files in the precede data/win32 folder over to your PSO2 Data/win32 Folder.. that's what I did...

Then there's an additional patch download that's like 109MB in size

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:17 AM
If you downloaded and installed the story patch you have to restore the game data to its normal state from a backup or the game will download about 1.5GB worth of files when it runs the CRC check.

Maronji
Apr 10, 2013, 07:17 AM
Supposedly, it was said that the updater copies the precede files in when it reaches each pre-downloaded file.

Not that I have any way of verifying that at the moment (it's getting late and I don't want to turn on my laptop).

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:18 AM
If you downloaded and installed the story patch you have to restore the game data to its normal state from a backup or the game will download about 1.5GB worth of files when it runs the CRC check.

This is why I dun use patches ><;;.. then again.. I dont need to >>

kirito21
Apr 10, 2013, 07:18 AM
uhm all the files inside the precede folder?. i'l replace the data folder in pso2 folder?
and about awhile ago i just finish downloading it and said it is complete and when i turn on again my pc it restarted downloading again. i dont have deep freeze by the way. :(

is there anyway i can restore the data? i dont want to download 1.5gb. its too big. >.<

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:20 AM
Supposedly, it was said that the updater copies the precede files in when it reaches each pre-downloaded file.

Not that I have any way of verifying that at the moment (it's getting late and I don't want to turn on my laptop).

Right, you don't have to move anything. it does it for you.

Ezodagrom

In the previous large update the launcher copied the precede files, but this time it seems like it's not doing that anymore, have to move them manually. :|

SociableTyrannosaur
This is why I dun use patches ><;;.. then again.. I dont need to >>

I've seen your game window.

...that is all.

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:21 AM
Himizu can't access everything else on the internet except for PSO2 official site, uploader, PSOW.. o-o..

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:22 AM
She's on comcast right?

I've had that before.

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:23 AM
I've seen your game window.

...that is all.

That sounds creepy! *addes to your thread!*

(I've only tried one engrish patch before.. I have friends here that wanna play the game and are put off by the japanese language ><!!)

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:24 AM
Omg you showed it to me!

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:25 AM
Omg you showed it to me!

I SHOW YOU NO-TING! D: D: D: D:

BTW Himizu does not have comcast.. is German in Germany.

(I dunno how I could have forgotten that............)

How did you solve your comcast problem?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:26 AM
You were flaunting it like candy! I couldn't look away!!

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:28 AM
You were flaunting it like candy! I couldn't look away!!

Answer muh question mr. SMARTYPANTS

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:31 AM
I had to wait it out.

It's either a partial outage or a temporary IP block.

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:33 AM
I had to wait it out.

It's either a partial outage or a temporary IP block.

SANKYUU ARIGATOU!!! o(≧∇≦o)

I just ask her to maybe call ISP just incase.. tell them the problem and maybe they can help, maybe not.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah after rereading what you asked, it's most likely a partial outage. somehow I read that as she could access everything but PSO2 stuff.

So yeah her ISP is probably having issues.

Syklo
Apr 10, 2013, 07:39 AM
It's even more stupid because the extra "patch" isn't even 109MB

First I thought the patcher autotransferred the precede files, but 300MB later, i knew it didn't.
Copied them over (not all precedes, only the ones with a recent "date modified"), looked at the old/new info (date modified, file size, etc).
Start up the patch again, downloads another ~400 MB
-_-
start up pso2, starts downloading another lobby video file.
.____________.
geez SEGA, can't even download lobby files in your patch/file checks?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:41 AM
Sega's own patch info says 109 if you prepatched. I dunno...I'm just going off of that.

~Aya~
Apr 10, 2013, 07:41 AM
It's even more stupid because the extra "patch" isn't even 109MB

First I thought the patcher autotransferred the precede files, but 300MB later, i knew it didn't.
Copied them over (not all precedes, only the ones with a recent "date modified"), looked at the old/new info (date modified, file size, etc).
Start up the patch again, downloads another ~400 MB
-_-
start up pso2, starts downloading another lobby video file.
.____________.
geez SEGA, can't even download lobby files in your patch/file checks?

That would be smart, and we can't have that. (harsh)

kirito21
Apr 10, 2013, 07:57 AM
what is the max number in the Downloading: ?

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 08:01 AM
About 700 (litlle less) for what i recall. Pretty sure though.

Gama
Apr 10, 2013, 08:02 AM
my launcher is redownloading 980 files.

dayum.

edit

1178 now ._.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 08:03 AM
Hum yeah okay sorry , was pretty sure though, my bars were almost finished when i was at 570 and that i'm sure :(

kirito21
Apr 10, 2013, 08:14 AM
i want to play my hunter. i'm new in pso2 but i am enjoying every second of it. :( have Downloading:400 almost 1/3 of the bar.